Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Different manager different concept. 21:55 - Nov 9 with 1147 viewsowderrammy

How refreshing to watch the rams against Wednesday and did anyone notice how we defended corners? Instead of the old 1-10-0 we actually had TWO forwards on the half way line. Keep it up Mac because as the old adage goes, attack is the best form of defence.
Different manager different concept. on 01:35 - Nov 10 with 1131 viewsdavram

You're right, me owd!

I also commented on that change and saw that it forced Wednesday to keep men back when they needed to push extra bodies forward in search of salvation.

But Derby were superior to the Owls in all departments and could have had a hatful.

It seemed a bit of a mystery why such a big, strong team as Wednesday had struggled so much this season after their Reading romp last week, but at PPS they displayed the hallmarks of a relegation candidate, with some reasonable passing that made no impression at the sharp end of the pitch.

One big bonus of the "new era" is the purpose that's now evident in Jamie Ward's game. He buzzed around aggressively and deserved his ovation when subbed after a very effective performance.

I always though that when Nigel gave him that "free role", JW was little more than a busy fool, continually wasting possession, running into defenders or poking through hopeful balls that came to nothing. I think Mac & Simmo have switched on his football brain and given him a more defined brief in the team.

He's now delivering real danger, and his team-mates seem to be more alert and confident that they can make runs into the "no man's land" behind defenders and in front of the goalie to pick off the goals.

Those balls that were whacked across the six-yard box and thumped in are becoming a feature of our play - previously, we just watched Derby play in front of tough defences and clock up a few dozen pretty passes without creating much danger.

On Saturday, we broke up one of those tough defences to great effect. At the other end, Grant hardly broke sweat.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024