Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rio playing or doing MOTD 23:25 - Aug 6 with 3970 viewsquickpassrotter

See that Rio is announced formally as one of the new permanent pundits on MOTD starting new season. Obviously go that cleared in his contract with us. Anyone concerned about this .... priorities etc.. ? Or is this the way of the world ? Charging off after games to the BBC Studios ... or maybe he doesn't intend to play many matches for us anyway ?
Rio playing or doing MOTD on 23:28 - Aug 6 with 3948 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Don't see anything wrong personally. Players normally rest on Sunday, so Ferdinand goes up there after Saturdays game, cones down Sunday morning. As long as he doesn't do it before a Sunday or Monday game I'm find with it

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Rio playing or doing MOTD on 00:12 - Aug 7 with 3851 viewssimmo

Would rather he didn't, but then we knew what we were getting when we signed him. He's a man transitioning from a playing career into other ventures. I doubt he would have signed if we hadn't allowed him the media side. One of the many reasons he would never have 'chased the money' out in Qatar or wherever the fck.

From a neutral point of view, I'm glad he's signed up for MOTD, he really impressed/surprised me with his punditry during the WC

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Rio playing or doing MOTD on 00:38 - Aug 7 with 3824 viewsSonofNorfolt

Phil Neville too. 59 caps.
59 caps.
I really should get in touch with his agent.
Rio playing or doing MOTD on 01:01 - Aug 7 with 3793 viewsqueensparker

Wilkins used to do a lot of this when he was with us too, and didn't stop him being one of our greatest ever centre mids (until he got too old).

Although back then it was a quick jog over the road, not a train to Salford
Rio playing or doing MOTD on 09:45 - Aug 7 with 3579 viewsrobith

I imagine he'll be one of the rolling panel members, dependent on when we've played
Rio playing or doing MOTD on 09:47 - Aug 7 with 3572 viewsdaveB

If we play up north I imagine he'll be on if not they will have someone else. Probably more likely to be on the Sunday show if we play on the saturday
Rio playing or doing MOTD on 10:23 - Aug 7 with 3513 viewsQPunkR

It'll be interesting to see how harsh he is on himself if he picks apart one of our games he's played in

QPR - "shit but local"

Rio playing or doing MOTD on 10:45 - Aug 7 with 3468 viewsTacticalR

It shows the greatest impertinence to have even asked the question. It's obvious that games of football shouldn't be allowed to interfere with Rio's media career. He's bigger than that.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Rio playing or doing MOTD on 19:13 - Aug 7 with 3286 viewsBrightonhoop

At his age I cant see him starting every game, he wont be risked in that way. If he makes 60% appearances for us I'll be impressed. And he's capable of influence off the field with the youngsters too so no big deal for me. Came across really well in his video signing for us/medical etc, I think his integrity will stand up.
Rio playing or doing MOTD on 19:49 - Aug 7 with 3249 viewsderbyhoop

Fir the 2 home games against Wigan, i left Manchester at 4:30 and, it was only going into extra time in the playoff that meant i missed part of the 2 games.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Rio playing or doing MOTD on 09:12 - Aug 8 with 3130 viewsPinnerPaul

He went up to Manchester yesterday for a "charity game" - Salford (The club Giggs, Scholes etc have taken over) v an "All Stars" team.

He was "Assistant Manager" according to the Fail - so didn't play!
Rio playing or doing MOTD on 09:47 - Aug 8 with 3107 viewsGloryHunter

He's clearly long-term injured, so will rarely be playing for us anyway.
Rio playing or doing MOTD on 10:43 - Aug 8 with 3078 viewsadhoc_qpr

I'd like to see a segment of Rio criticizing his own defending after our 6-5 opening day win over Hull (five Barton 45 yard free kicks and and SWP bicycle kick since you ask)
Rio playing or doing MOTD on 11:07 - Aug 8 with 3061 viewsWeaverQPR

I'm not too bothered how may games he plays as long Ned and Caulker are getting picked, we only need one OAP in defence so him Dunne and Hill can be rotated.

@WeavQPR

Rio playing or doing MOTD on 11:19 - Aug 8 with 3029 viewsPommyhoop

Somebody HAS to tell me how to get MOTD on a stream or something because thats the most time I will see him.
He better wear a QPR pin on his jumper or tie and mention us at least 9 times per show...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Rio playing or doing MOTD on 11:20 - Aug 8 with 3032 viewsPinnerPaul

Rio playing or doing MOTD on 11:07 - Aug 8 by WeaverQPR

I'm not too bothered how may games he plays as long Ned and Caulker are getting picked, we only need one OAP in defence so him Dunne and Hill can be rotated.

I'm not bothered as long as back 3 (as rest of the team) are picked on merit and form.

Just because Ned/Caulker are young , doesn't mean they can't be dropped if they aren't performing.

Lets try and avoid , for once, pre conceived ideas about certain players

X can do no wrong, while Y can do no right - something we're very good at doing on this board at times!
[Post edited 8 Aug 2014 11:20]
Rio playing or doing MOTD on 11:28 - Aug 8 with 3009 viewsNorthernr

I'd rather him sit in the BBC studio on a Saturday night than go clubbing so could be a good thing.
Rio playing or doing MOTD on 11:31 - Aug 8 with 3002 viewsQPunkR

Rio playing or doing MOTD on 11:20 - Aug 8 by PinnerPaul

I'm not bothered as long as back 3 (as rest of the team) are picked on merit and form.

Just because Ned/Caulker are young , doesn't mean they can't be dropped if they aren't performing.

X can do no wrong, while Y can do no right - something we're very good at doing on this board at times!

While I agree with you in principle, I think we can all agree that Shite-Phillips should not be given a squad number and should figure nowhere near the 1st team!

QPR - "shit but local"

Rio playing or doing MOTD on 11:56 - Aug 8 with 2983 viewsPommyhoop

Rio playing or doing MOTD on 11:20 - Aug 8 by PinnerPaul

I dont think Ned /Caulker's youth will have no bearing on team selection. If Rio is anywhere near half fit he will play. H does not do 'youth' he does players he knows ,players HE rates.
Youth is way down the scale..

Rio playing or doing MOTD on 11:59 - Aug 8 with 2976 viewsPinnerPaul

Rio playing or doing MOTD on 11:56 - Aug 8 by Pommyhoop

I dont think Ned /Caulker's youth will have no bearing on team selection. If Rio is anywhere near half fit he will play. H does not do 'youth' he does players he knows ,players HE rates.
Youth is way down the scale..

"He plays players he rates" , like any manager should!
Rio playing or doing MOTD on 14:14 - Aug 8 with 2913 viewskensalriser

Rio playing or doing MOTD on 11:59 - Aug 8 by PinnerPaul

"He plays players he rates" , like any manager should!

Always found the oft repeated 'only plays his favourites' accusation quite funny. What else should a manager do? Play players he doesn't like?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Rio playing or doing MOTD on 22:19 - Aug 8 with 2824 viewsPommyhoop

Rio playing or doing MOTD on 14:14 - Aug 8 by kensalriser

Always found the oft repeated 'only plays his favourites' accusation quite funny. What else should a manager do? Play players he doesn't like?

I found it hilarious when one of his old favourites had to say .'No Boss take me off ,play the younger option' TWICE..!!

Rio playing or doing MOTD on 23:41 - Aug 8 with 2785 viewsQPRMUSO

Him and Danny Murphy were the best pundits along with Lee Dixon during the WC so good luck to him. Will stop the BBC slagging Rangers at least.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024