Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What do you like and dislike about this forum? 00:47 - Aug 6 with 7071 viewsThe_Ghost

I like the way you can simplify it, and the ignore feature. I'm sure it is early days yet, but I'd like to know what people think?

Consider this a suggestions box, seeing as the lazy mods haven't done it yet.
What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 00:58 - Aug 6 with 6007 viewsBlackpoolJord

I like the new prediction league, polls, private messages, the fact you can post pictures and messages and just that it generally feels more modern.

I dislike the forum although I will probably get used to it.

“Squires Gate is, as has been well documented, inadequate in its current form. It’s unlikely there’s anything we could do there that would make that place fit for our purpose” Karl Oyston discussing plans for a new training ground in 2004.

What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 01:39 - Aug 6 with 5996 viewspoolfc

The bit where everyones user name and picture thing is needs to be on the left hand side.

The subject headers need to be clearer to see.

The reply button needs to be more prominent.

The messages need to take up less space.

Tone the colour scheme down slightly.

Change the font.

Forgot one: WTF is that logo at the top?
[Post edited 6 Aug 2014 1:42]
What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 07:19 - Aug 6 with 5944 viewsBrett_legend

What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 01:39 - Aug 6 by poolfc

The bit where everyones user name and picture thing is needs to be on the left hand side.

The subject headers need to be clearer to see.

The reply button needs to be more prominent.

The messages need to take up less space.

Tone the colour scheme down slightly.

Change the font.

Forgot one: WTF is that logo at the top?
[Post edited 6 Aug 2014 1:42]

The block button is great bye bye Karl Sam & George.

Posting of links is better. The ability to look at a specific user

and what they've posted.

All in all far more user friendly and up to date

Tangerine in my heart

What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 07:25 - Aug 6 with 5939 viewsBloodtangerine

What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 07:19 - Aug 6 by Brett_legend

The block button is great bye bye Karl Sam & George.

Posting of links is better. The ability to look at a specific user

and what they've posted.

All in all far more user friendly and up to date

What do you mean by "you can simplify"?

Voice of the two scarfers..UTMP

What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 07:36 - Aug 6 with 5928 viewsno_more_lies

What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 07:25 - Aug 6 by Bloodtangerine

What do you mean by "you can simplify"?

The ignore feature is a great addition. Spider and a few others are history.
Not keen on photos , videos so turned that option off.
All in all its much better just takes some getting used to.

Envy of the football league

What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 07:46 - Aug 6 with 5924 viewsAVFTT

What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 07:36 - Aug 6 by no_more_lies

The ignore feature is a great addition. Spider and a few others are history.
Not keen on photos , videos so turned that option off.
All in all its much better just takes some getting used to.

Thanks for starting this thread - will really help us going forward - we have loads of new things in the pipeline and so you tell us what you want!
What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 07:59 - Aug 6 with 5907 viewsBedfordseasider

What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 07:46 - Aug 6 by AVFTT

Thanks for starting this thread - will really help us going forward - we have loads of new things in the pipeline and so you tell us what you want!

Like I said before .

Posters name should be on left hand side not stuck out of eye line on the right

Maybe this thread should be a sticky & labelled " New site views & Suggestion Box"
What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 08:01 - Aug 6 with 5898 viewsOld_Laytonian

Blood.go to settings at the top of this page and then site settings and you can simplify or change how it looks
Login to get fewer ads

What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 08:29 - Aug 6 with 5877 viewsThe_Ghost

What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 07:46 - Aug 6 by AVFTT

AVFTT

Can you stick certain topics to the top of the forum?
What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 08:50 - Aug 6 with 5863 viewsnorfolkpool

Long time reader, not a poster. More than forty years in the user side of IT, I think it's a good site. A real relief that it is simple. I go on sites for news, the more text I can see and the easier to navigate, the more I like it. Don't like BHS because of the "pages" - much easier with just a long string. Look at the BBC cricket "live" page and compare what they've done to mess up the Football or Sportsday strings - much more info at a glance on the Cricket - flashy form over content on the other pages.

But it's probably an age thing - at least we have the choice to keep it simple. Just hope it doesn't melt-down when we beat Florist (only drinking tea, honest).

One dangerous thing which I doubt mods can fix - registration email sent the password back in clear. Bad practice, should always be encrypted once created - makes me wonder a bit about security, suggest people don't use same password as for their bank account. Sorry if teaching egg-sucking, but been in the business a long time - seen a lot of daft things.

UTP and OO
What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 09:00 - Aug 6 with 5853 viewsVoiture_Huitre

The logo looks like it was done on MS Paint. By a child. With no arms.

Poll: In hindsight, have BFC benefitted from their stint in the Premier League?

What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 09:11 - Aug 6 with 5843 viewsseasider81

What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 08:50 - Aug 6 by norfolkpool

Long time reader, not a poster. More than forty years in the user side of IT, I think it's a good site. A real relief that it is simple. I go on sites for news, the more text I can see and the easier to navigate, the more I like it. Don't like BHS because of the "pages" - much easier with just a long string. Look at the BBC cricket "live" page and compare what they've done to mess up the Football or Sportsday strings - much more info at a glance on the Cricket - flashy form over content on the other pages.

But it's probably an age thing - at least we have the choice to keep it simple. Just hope it doesn't melt-down when we beat Florist (only drinking tea, honest).

One dangerous thing which I doubt mods can fix - registration email sent the password back in clear. Bad practice, should always be encrypted once created - makes me wonder a bit about security, suggest people don't use same password as for their bank account. Sorry if teaching egg-sucking, but been in the business a long time - seen a lot of daft things.

UTP and OO

But this now has pages so it's similar to BHS in that aspect. The only difference is that there is no content split between Off Topic, BFC, etc.
What do you like and dislike about this forum? (n/t) on 09:21 - Aug 6 with 5828 viewsnorfolkpool

What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 09:11 - Aug 6 by seasider81

But this now has pages so it's similar to BHS in that aspect. The only difference is that there is no content split between Off Topic, BFC, etc.

Yep, you're right. I thought simple mode got rid of that. Blarst.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2014 9:22]
What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 09:26 - Aug 6 with 5815 viewstde74

What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 09:00 - Aug 6 by Voiture_Huitre

The logo looks like it was done on MS Paint. By a child. With no arms.

I've sent on a fixed version of the logo. This one isn't rendering correctly (as you can plainly see).
What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 09:33 - Aug 6 with 5803 viewswee_Bob

What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 09:26 - Aug 6 by tde74

I've sent on a fixed version of the logo. This one isn't rendering correctly (as you can plainly see).

Only joined today and love it! Was watching yesterday from afar and didn't really like what I saw but coming back on it feels much more familiar and have thus registered and abandoned the old place! It's also far better than BHS which is just up it's own backside!
What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 09:47 - Aug 6 with 5797 viewsOldSkool

Like others have said: The subject headers need to be clearer.
Look at AVFTT's subject headers, then look at those on here.
It's far clearer to read on AVFTT.
What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 09:47 - Aug 6 with 5797 viewsseasider81

What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 09:33 - Aug 6 by wee_Bob

Only joined today and love it! Was watching yesterday from afar and didn't really like what I saw but coming back on it feels much more familiar and have thus registered and abandoned the old place! It's also far better than BHS which is just up it's own backside!

Up our own backside? That's a new one.

So you're saying it's wrong for me to advertise BHS's strengths such as mobile compatibility. I'd be a fool not to. I also never come on here to tempt users away, only perhaps to defend it.

If you just look at it from a design and user friendly perspective, there is no way it's better than BHS. Ask any professional web designer!

That said, it is an improvement. This is my unbiased view which I posted on BHS:

Pros:
- All the mod cons that this place has. Things like an ignore function has gone down well yet we have had that since we started!
- Chat room. We have deliberately stayed away from this as it takes content off the main forum but I guess it could be classed as a pro.
- Prediction League is still better than our manual one.
- I like the hide thread feature
- It should be a lot more stable than Fansonline and things should generally work.

Cons:
- Again advert heavy.
- Text seems squashed to make way for the adverts.
- Logo is terrible
- Part of network group of forums so they are not in control of development.
- Background on the forum is something from a 1990's power point slide show.
- No content split between Off Topic and Football. This worked on the old avftt as the first page displayed about 50 topics but it won't work as well on this one.
- Username on the right makes your eyes work harder than they should. Username should be displayed to left or above the first word of the post.
- Adverts below the first post is just horrific.
- Searching for something in the search box takes forever. Generally, it's a lot slower than this place.

Definitely an improvement but it should have been a lot better.

There is a difference between being stuck up your own backside and offering a constructive view.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2014 9:54]
What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 09:49 - Aug 6 with 5792 viewsTwoPhillips

What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 09:47 - Aug 6 by seasider81

Up our own backside? That's a new one.

So you're saying it's wrong for me to advertise BHS's strengths such as mobile compatibility. I'd be a fool not to. I also never come on here to tempt users away, only perhaps to defend it.

If you just look at it from a design and user friendly perspective, there is no way it's better than BHS. Ask any professional web designer!

That said, it is an improvement. This is my unbiased view which I posted on BHS:

Pros:
- All the mod cons that this place has. Things like an ignore function has gone down well yet we have had that since we started!
- Chat room. We have deliberately stayed away from this as it takes content off the main forum but I guess it could be classed as a pro.
- Prediction League is still better than our manual one.
- I like the hide thread feature
- It should be a lot more stable than Fansonline and things should generally work.

Cons:
- Again advert heavy.
- Text seems squashed to make way for the adverts.
- Logo is terrible
- Part of network group of forums so they are not in control of development.
- Background on the forum is something from a 1990's power point slide show.
- No content split between Off Topic and Football. This worked on the old avftt as the first page displayed about 50 topics but it won't work as well on this one.
- Username on the right makes your eyes work harder than they should. Username should be displayed to left or above the first word of the post.
- Adverts below the first post is just horrific.
- Searching for something in the search box takes forever. Generally, it's a lot slower than this place.

Definitely an improvement but it should have been a lot better.

There is a difference between being stuck up your own backside and offering a constructive view.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2014 9:54]

I think it's a fantastic forum .. but more than that a really good site! AVFTT was a board and that was about it whereas this seems to be more a personal BFC account to record stuff .. bit Facebooky .. like it!

Poll: That final Premier League Relegation Place

What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 10:46 - Aug 6 with 5777 viewsSupport

What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 08:50 - Aug 6 by norfolkpool

UTP and OO

Norforkpool, thanks for your comments. Some of them I need to answer myself.

I can assure you that passwords are encrypted but you make a good point that I don't need to email out passwords when you register. I've changed that. Neither mods or I can read your passwords but it's generally good practice to use different passwords for every site you use. I know that's a pain but all sites have a "reset password" procedure so it's no big deal if you or your browser forgets it.

The reason for the page numbers is quite critical. I did originally make the simple mode page free at the request of the admins but on thinking about it, I think it would bring the whole network to its knees if there were popular long threads being read by 1000s of people simultaneously and may be a reason why your last platform was unreliable. If you keep pages shorter, the server has less to do and can give you the html of the page much quicker. Plus, if you had a long page with lots of videos, it would probably crash your browser. We make it easy to go to the next unread message in that thread by clicking the arrow, or to go to the last message, or to go to any page in that thread.

Poll: Does my bum look big in this?

What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 10:56 - Aug 6 with 5765 viewstde74

Logo is fixed!
What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 11:21 - Aug 6 with 5753 viewsnorfolkpool

What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 10:46 - Aug 6 by Support

Norforkpool, thanks for your comments. Some of them I need to answer myself.

I can assure you that passwords are encrypted but you make a good point that I don't need to email out passwords when you register. I've changed that. Neither mods or I can read your passwords but it's generally good practice to use different passwords for every site you use. I know that's a pain but all sites have a "reset password" procedure so it's no big deal if you or your browser forgets it.

The reason for the page numbers is quite critical. I did originally make the simple mode page free at the request of the admins but on thinking about it, I think it would bring the whole network to its knees if there were popular long threads being read by 1000s of people simultaneously and may be a reason why your last platform was unreliable. If you keep pages shorter, the server has less to do and can give you the html of the page much quicker. Plus, if you had a long page with lots of videos, it would probably crash your browser. We make it easy to go to the next unread message in that thread by clicking the arrow, or to go to the last message, or to go to any page in that thread.

Support

Ta for helpful reply
What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 11:34 - Aug 6 with 5742 viewsDox

Visited links. They are the opposite way round from the old site. It may be because i'm not used to it but having the unvisited topics show up in tangerine and the visited topics show up in black (as with fansonline) seemed to be a more sensible option as the tangerine links stand out a bit more
What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 11:39 - Aug 6 with 5728 viewsspider29

What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 11:34 - Aug 6 by Dox

Visited links. They are the opposite way round from the old site. It may be because i'm not used to it but having the unvisited topics show up in tangerine and the visited topics show up in black (as with fansonline) seemed to be a more sensible option as the tangerine links stand out a bit more

I'm making lots of new friends !
Go Tangerines !!
What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 11:46 - Aug 6 with 5720 viewsFiftyShadesOfGrayson

I like the nice link at the top that says Paper View, which means you can order the boxing on Sky much quicker.

I dislike the fact that the mods have allowed that irritating PNE lurker Spider29 to continue hijacking every thread with his inane comments and constant juvenilia. The ignore button works for me, but i'd much prefer if it were a nuke button.

"We're the envy of the Skrill conference"

What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 11:50 - Aug 6 with 5707 viewsspider29

What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 11:46 - Aug 6 by FiftyShadesOfGrayson

I like the nice link at the top that says Paper View, which means you can order the boxing on Sky much quicker.

I dislike the fact that the mods have allowed that irritating PNE lurker Spider29 to continue hijacking every thread with his inane comments and constant juvenilia. The ignore button works for me, but i'd much prefer if it were a nuke button.

behave
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024