Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oyston insults the disabled 08:45 - Dec 21 with 8445 viewsSince1967

Doesn't seem to have made this board for some reason but our esteemed Chairman has shown his true colours
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/6201805/Blackpool-chairman-Karl-Oyston
Oyston insults the disabled on 08:54 - Dec 21 with 6534 viewsSince1967

Sorry, the link doesn't give the full text. Here y'are

...here you go...

BLACKPOOL FC chairman Karl Oyston called a loyal fan a “retard” and “f...........in a bitter foul-mouthed rant.
He launched his tirade at Steve Smith, branding him an “intellectual cripple”.

The text exchange was started by Steve to get some answers on the running of the Champiiionship strugglers – who were thumped 6-1 at home by Bournemouth yesterday.

But the football boss referred to him and other disgruntled fans as “lower mentality types”.

Oyston raged at the dad-of-three: “Sorry your life is so ____ but that’s only your fault not mine. Enjoy the rest of your special needs day out.”

He asked: “Are you sure we’ve met? I’m sure I’d have remembered such a massive retard. Impossible to have a meaningful conversation with such a ________ as you.”

Oyston, whose dad Owen is a convicted rapist, may face an FA probe after being reported.

Business boss, Steve, 31, said Oyston banned him from the ground. He added: “As a chairman you should respond in a polite manner.”

Mencap called Oyston’s language “disgusting”.

Despite repeated requests, he was not available for comment.

Last week Wigan chief Dave Whelan accepted an FA misconduct charge for comments he made about Jewish and Chinese people.
Oyston insults the disabled on 10:11 - Dec 21 with 6450 viewsPNENIL

Oyston insults the disabled on 08:54 - Dec 21 by Since1967

Sorry, the link doesn't give the full text. Here y'are

...here you go...

BLACKPOOL FC chairman Karl Oyston called a loyal fan a “retard” and “f...........in a bitter foul-mouthed rant.
He launched his tirade at Steve Smith, branding him an “intellectual cripple”.

The text exchange was started by Steve to get some answers on the running of the Champiiionship strugglers – who were thumped 6-1 at home by Bournemouth yesterday.

But the football boss referred to him and other disgruntled fans as “lower mentality types”.

Oyston raged at the dad-of-three: “Sorry your life is so ____ but that’s only your fault not mine. Enjoy the rest of your special needs day out.”

He asked: “Are you sure we’ve met? I’m sure I’d have remembered such a massive retard. Impossible to have a meaningful conversation with such a ________ as you.”

Oyston, whose dad Owen is a convicted rapist, may face an FA probe after being reported.

Business boss, Steve, 31, said Oyston banned him from the ground. He added: “As a chairman you should respond in a polite manner.”

Mencap called Oyston’s language “disgusting”.

Despite repeated requests, he was not available for comment.

Last week Wigan chief Dave Whelan accepted an FA misconduct charge for comments he made about Jewish and Chinese people.

They discussed this briefly on the sunday supplement on sky this morning .
I think the general consensus was that it was just another little unseemly story coming out of the club , no great surprise and that we are not news any more. It was like they pitied us for what we have become.
Oyston insults the disabled on 10:45 - Dec 21 with 6401 viewscatinstalbans

I'm sure Basil will be on shortly to give us his latest musings about goings on at Cwmbran Town or some other obscure event while doing his best impersonation of an ostrich by somehow failing to acknowledge the continued destruction of our club.
Either that, or it will be the supporters fault.
Oyston insults the disabled on 10:58 - Dec 21 with 6375 viewsTejas

Oh dear. Let's see how the Clown blames Riga for this one!
Oyston insults the disabled on 11:58 - Dec 21 with 6312 viewsribble

Words fail me.
Oyston insults the disabled on 12:27 - Dec 21 with 6265 viewsterminallytangerine

Oyston insults the disabled on 11:58 - Dec 21 by ribble

Words fail me.

KO's comments, even though in a private e-mail are clearly out of order IMHO, and if printed on a message board would no doubt be quickly censored by the moderators (on AVFTT at least).Ironically it is the Sun that bastion of moral integrity that has highlighted this story but there is no doubt that it is politically damaging to the club and to the Oystons themselves - and deserves an apology.

The vile cesspit of abuse that he and his family are daily subjected to is also to be condemned methinks, without relieving him of any responsibility for the the shambles we are in.

That's being an apologist for common humanity rather than the Oystons methinks.
Oyston insults the disabled on 12:46 - Dec 21 with 6231 viewsscratchingshed

Oyston insults the disabled on 12:27 - Dec 21 by terminallytangerine

KO's comments, even though in a private e-mail are clearly out of order IMHO, and if printed on a message board would no doubt be quickly censored by the moderators (on AVFTT at least).Ironically it is the Sun that bastion of moral integrity that has highlighted this story but there is no doubt that it is politically damaging to the club and to the Oystons themselves - and deserves an apology.

The vile cesspit of abuse that he and his family are daily subjected to is also to be condemned methinks, without relieving him of any responsibility for the the shambles we are in.

This should be taken all the way, the press, radio, even T V and expose Oyston for what he really is an absolute grade one arsehole.
Oyston insults the disabled on 12:56 - Dec 21 with 6206 viewshindu_seasider

Oyston insults the disabled on 12:46 - Dec 21 by scratchingshed

This should be taken all the way, the press, radio, even T V and expose Oyston for what he really is an absolute grade one arsehole.

Let's see the apologists defend this one
Login to get fewer ads

Oyston insults the disabled on 13:17 - Dec 21 with 6167 viewsterminallytangerine

Oyston insults the disabled on 12:56 - Dec 21 by hindu_seasider

Good to see you've turned over a new tree Hindu.

Oyston insults the disabled on 13:26 - Dec 21 with 6152 viewsWest_Stand_Ultra

Oyston insults the disabled on 13:17 - Dec 21 by terminallytangerine

Good to see you've turned over a new tree Hindu.

Oyston has been exposed for what he truly is ,as for insults Oyston insults every Blackpool fan every week by the way he has run our great club down ,but for some reason some people cant see it.
Oyston insults the disabled on 14:31 - Dec 21 with 6054 viewsRusty2Stands

but there is no doubt that it is politically damaging to the club and to the Oystons themselves

Very true TT and the saddest thing is it causes even more damage to the club. A once proud club which has had it's name dragged through the mud time and time again by a man who isn't fit to run a burger van.
Lets just hope the damage it causes to the club is minor compared to the damage it causes to that despicable, incompetent excuse for a human being.
I've said and posted many times that he isn't a fit and proper person for the position. Least of all a place on the Football League Board. How many more times is the club going to be publicly embarrassed by this clown?
Oyston insults the disabled on 15:28 - Dec 21 with 6003 viewsribble

Oyston insults the disabled on 12:56 - Dec 21 by hindu_seasider

Hindu has nailed it yet again. The most important issue here is not KO's alleged slighting of some of the most vulnerable people in our society but how the apologists defend it. Yep, spot on that.
Oyston insults the disabled on 15:48 - Dec 21 with 5966 viewstde74

In the grand scale of it, this is the least of KO's sins. It'll be amusing to see him hammered for it though. Extremely amusing.
Oyston insults the disabled on 16:40 - Dec 21 with 5896 viewsOwenOoursaviour

Oyston insults the disabled on 13:26 - Dec 21 by West_Stand_Ultra

Oyston has been exposed for what he truly is ,as for insults Oyston insults every Blackpool fan every week by the way he has run our great club down ,but for some reason some people cant see it.

MOD EDIT: REMOVED - no name-calling please.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Oyston insults the disabled on 17:08 - Dec 21 with 5843 viewsPNENIL

Oyston insults the disabled on 16:40 - Dec 21 by OwenOoursaviour

MOD EDIT: REMOVED - no name-calling please.

This all sits very uncomfortable with me .
I don't like what KO is alleged to have said . I don't like that this story originates from the Sun with no background or context and basically comes at it from one side and one angle. I don't like that posters on our message boards have such glee about this because they think it could bring the Oyston's down and yet care little about what he actually allegedly said .
Im sick to the back teeth of Karl Oyston and the way this club is being run down in one way or another . This is just another thing we have to contend with and could do without at this time . However , some of the things i hear or read sometimes against the Oyston family are despicable. There is a thread on the other site about Owen Oyston's funeral and its just awful . Some of our own supporters seem to have no decency at all and do us all no favours . If i was a journalist on this then i would be using that to balance things up. No one should have to put up with that .
Oyston insults the disabled on 17:14 - Dec 21 with 5830 viewstde74

I doubt any one of us would be too happy if someone started texting us out of the blue.

That doesn't stop it being amusing for the embarrassment caused, however KO has the perfect 'out': ie. "some nobhead started texting me out of the blue after my number was maliciously posted on some online forum."

Oyston insults the disabled on 22:26 - Dec 21 with 5729 viewsterminallytangerine

Oyston insults the disabled on 17:14 - Dec 21 by tde74

I doubt any one of us would be too happy if someone started texting us out of the blue.

That doesn't stop it being amusing for the embarrassment caused, however KO has the perfect 'out': ie. "some nobhead started texting me out of the blue after my number was maliciously posted on some online forum."

Peanut for Grayth.

Keep trying. I'm sure there's one in there somewhere.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2014 13:12]
Oyston insults the disabled on 23:14 - Dec 21 with 5670 viewsfleetwoodbry

Oyston insults the disabled on 22:26 - Dec 21 by terminallytangerine

Peanut for Grayth.

The FULL text of the story has been posted on the other site by the Tangerine Knights. It is certainly more plentiful than the piece above and shows that the fan, Steve Smith started the foul mouthing but Karl went much much too far with his response. Also its believed this exchange tookplace some weeks ago but has only just seen the light of day, why is that?? Some balance needs to be had here but methinks KoKo has scored a massive own goal with his response IMHO
Oyston insults the disabled on 23:41 - Dec 21 with 5635 viewsWizaard

The full texts transcripts of both parties are on Fansonline. Have to say that neither party come out well from it, but one is a so-called public figure and really should rise above any attempt to wind them up.

As it is, he's fallen for it hook, line and sinker, and will get no sympathy from anyone. The problem is, he won't care.

The man is a sociopath.
Oyston insults the disabled on 01:39 - Dec 22 with 5590 viewsGrayth

Oyston insults the disabled on 22:26 - Dec 21 by terminallytangerine

Peanut for Grayth.

Eh
Oyston insults the disabled on 08:49 - Dec 22 with 5505 viewsseasider81

Oyston insults the disabled on 01:39 - Dec 22 by Grayth

Eh

Wiz he has just insulted the disabled and you mention no one will give him sympathy. Why don't you just admit that he is a tw*t without the fluffy bulls**t.
Oyston insults the disabled on 08:52 - Dec 22 with 5497 viewsstu

Oyston insults the disabled on 08:49 - Dec 22 by seasider81

Wiz he has just insulted the disabled and you mention no one will give him sympathy. Why don't you just admit that he is a tw*t without the fluffy bulls**t.

Maybe he's got a bit more class

Tangerine is the new black

Oyston insults the disabled on 09:06 - Dec 22 with 5485 viewsSouthshorepool

Oyston insults the disabled on 08:52 - Dec 22 by stu

Maybe he's got a bit more class

Anyone can be a tw@t, not everyone manages to get to 'sociopath'.

Mainstream music is sh!t!

Oyston insults the disabled on 09:07 - Dec 22 with 5480 viewsterminallytangerine

Maybe because it is just too easy to throw insults and has been done to death anyway.

I didn't think there was anything fluffy about Wizard's analysis.

Nobody is going to defend his abuse of the disabled - and for that he needs to apologise - but I now look forward to all these righteous posters both self-censoring their own posts and condemning the excesses of our most vociferous sociopaths.

So he shouldn't have done it, needs to apologise for his ill considered remarks about the disabled (and if this is indeed his attitude to the disabled rather than a knee jerk put down of someone who was insulting him,should be roundly condemned for his pre-21st century ignorance) and as chairman should not rise to the abuse he received on his mobile from someone he doesn't know. Even allowing for the context where his children are abused, a group of 13 year olds are encouraged to chant 'Die Oyston die' outside the sponsors lounge and there are no holds barred in the abuse aimed at him and his family on social media.

So not trying to excuse his words or suggest it wasn't a stupid use of language but I think we need to look at the bigger picture and not fall into the trap of double standards. IMHO
[Post edited 22 Dec 2014 9:12]
Oyston insults the disabled on 09:09 - Dec 22 with 5477 viewsWizaard

It's resorting to the language of the gutter that has caused the issue. No need to perpetuate it myself.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2014 9:59]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024