Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hogan's replacement? 13:48 - Jan 20 with 6683 viewsalex_roch39

With odds now shortening to 10/11 on Sky Bet, it looks like the deal with wolves is done. I'm not expecting the directors to outlay a huge percentage of the fee on a new striker, but 50-100k should be invested in a decent one. Any suggestions on who his replacement will be? Any rumours? Who would you like to get? Or any fringe players/youth team players that should be given a chance?
Hogan's replacement? on 13:55 - Jan 20 with 6625 viewssandylaner1

akinfenwa or wilfred bony
[Post edited 20 Jan 2014 13:57]
Hogan's replacement? on 14:52 - Jan 20 with 6457 viewsTomRAFC

We would need to bring someone in, and I don't doubt hilly knows exactly who he'd want.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Hogan's replacement? on 15:32 - Jan 20 with 6355 viewsaleanddale

Until Hilly finds the right man we have Donnelly Cummins and Bunney.

Throw in all the other talent we have in Midfield buzzing around these 3 we will still be a handful for most lg2 defenses.

It would of course be nice to draft in a COG Style jan recruit - Can Hilly pull another rabbit?.
Hogan's replacement? on 16:16 - Jan 20 with 6216 viewsRowZ

Lee Gregory at Halifax? Maybe 200k and send a few on loan down there....
Hogan's replacement? on 16:37 - Jan 20 with 6111 viewsYouTubeDale

Hogan's replacement? on 16:16 - Jan 20 by RowZ

MK Dons manager Karl Robinson said he would be taking a further look at FC Halifax Town striker Lee Gregory :

“He likes to play on the shoulder of the defender. He’s talented and he’s a player we’re going to watch over the forthcoming weeks.
“I think he could play for us. He retains the ball very well, runs channels, his work rate was phenomenal and he competed with Shaun Williams aerially."

http://www.mkweb.co.uk/Sport/Football/MK-Dons/2013-2014/MK-Dons-boss-Karl-Robins

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Hogan's replacement? on 17:54 - Jan 20 with 5836 viewsRowZ

Well worth a cheeky bid under the radar
Hogan's replacement? on 19:52 - Jan 20 with 5559 viewsboromat

I think we're in a good position where if Hogan does go we don't have to replace him. I'd be happy going with what we've got.

More game time for the likes of Allen, Bunney, Camps, Gray etc can only be good for the future.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Hogan's replacement? on 10:11 - Jan 26 with 5108 viewsfitzochris

Hogan's replacement? on 16:16 - Jan 20 by RowZ

This lad scored another two yesterday. Anyone seen him play? Certainly another Jon Shaw as far as goals go

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

Hogan's replacement? on 10:20 - Jan 26 with 5036 viewsfitzochris

Hogan's replacement? on 10:11 - Jan 26 by fitzochris

This lad scored another two yesterday. Anyone seen him play? Certainly another Jon Shaw as far as goals go

Found this:

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Hogan's replacement? on 10:30 - Jan 26 with 4996 viewsColDale

Main concern about Gregory is his age. In terms of making the transition to League football and any potential with him, it would be much easier to judge him as an investment had he been 20 or 21 as opposed to 25. That's not to say he couldn't do the job but we have to assume that if we were to pay out money for a Hogan replacement, two of the criteria to justify it would be "Could he play in League One?" and "will we be able to sell him on in the future?".

Ad unfortunately, I don't think Halifax would let him come to us on the cheap.
Hogan's replacement? on 10:33 - Jan 26 with 4974 viewsmacro

With the way hogans been anonymous in the last games I've seen, I don't think a replacement will be a problem
Hogan's replacement? on 10:45 - Jan 26 with 4931 viewsBigDaveMyCock

On a different note, I thought Hogan had one of 'those' games yesterday. The problem with him is that when he's good he's very good but when he's not he is anonymous. There doesn't seem to an 'in-between' with him. He either totally dominates a centre half or he is totally dominated by one. If he doesn't get any change out of a centre half I've noticed that he tends to 'go into himself' and just resorts to trying to play on the shoulder of the defenders. Although I don't think Hilly's substitutions worked yesterday, I can understand why he made them. Hogan was not showing for the ball and was just relying on trying to get onto a through ball. This suited their centre halves and they ended up totally dominating him. At the moment he's a 9/10 and then a 5/10 player. He's, as the Small Faces sang, 'All or Nothing'.

I've no doubt the more experience he gets the more he'll turn the 5/10's into 7/10 performances. He's needs to find a way of getting into games when the game is not going his way.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2014 10:46]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Hogan's replacement? on 12:14 - Jan 26 with 4693 viewsRalphs12

Hogan's replacement? on 10:45 - Jan 26 by BigDaveMyCock

On a different note, I thought Hogan had one of 'those' games yesterday. The problem with him is that when he's good he's very good but when he's not he is anonymous. There doesn't seem to an 'in-between' with him. He either totally dominates a centre half or he is totally dominated by one. If he doesn't get any change out of a centre half I've noticed that he tends to 'go into himself' and just resorts to trying to play on the shoulder of the defenders. Although I don't think Hilly's substitutions worked yesterday, I can understand why he made them. Hogan was not showing for the ball and was just relying on trying to get onto a through ball. This suited their centre halves and they ended up totally dominating him. At the moment he's a 9/10 and then a 5/10 player. He's, as the Small Faces sang, 'All or Nothing'.

I've no doubt the more experience he gets the more he'll turn the 5/10's into 7/10 performances. He's needs to find a way of getting into games when the game is not going his way.

Personally thought we looked to play the high ball to often yesterday, which is never going to work for hogan hendo or Donnelly. Had hogan bent that shot into the far corner instead of hitting the keeper at the near post I'm sure we wouldn't really be discussing this. As many have said I think he's better playing off a striker.

Hopefully this recent run of quieter games will see him staying for the promotion push
Hogan's replacement? on 13:03 - Jan 26 with 4562 viewsSuddenLad

Stuart Gray said after the match that following the dismissal, he decided to play with 'two tight banks of four' which shortened Dale's options and meant we were forced to either shoot from distance or play high balls into the box.

It's exactly what he wanted and as he says, 'our central defenders lapped it up'.

Wednesday were well drilled at the back throughout the game and we couldn't find a way through. Fair play to them for that.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hogan's replacement? on 13:35 - Jan 26 with 4466 viewsD_Alien

Hogan's replacement? on 10:45 - Jan 26 by BigDaveMyCock

Excellent summary of where Hogan is right now.

We should get the benefit of seeing him achieve more 7's or even 8's rather than watch from afar as he gets a couple of 5s in a higher league and ends up warming the bench.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hogan's replacement? on 15:37 - Jan 29 with 3873 viewsParkinsGimp

Hogan didn't get the service against Wednesday , and was unlucky a few times when he actually did break the offside trap but was deemed by the stupid lino to have been off again!
As for Cummins and Donnelly I am sorry but neither of these guys are quality enough to keep us in a promotion pace or seal us a play off win.
We must look elsewhere, yes a cheeky bid for Gregory or there must some others knocking around.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024