Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Doubters 11:05 - May 5 with 5127 viewsMagicDaps

It seems the doubters are out in force with the news that Garry Monk will be our manager next season.

The questioning of the board's motives is silly, as are calls for the lack of ambition. The board will appoint the best man for the job, just as they did when previous unambitious appointments were made such as Brendan Rodgers and Roberto Martinez. If that man happens to be Garry Monk, it's not because of finances but because HJ believes he's the man to take us forward.

"Who wants to play for Garry Monk?" We're in the Premier League, does any one seriously think that we rely on our manager knowing players/clubs to sign players? If we offer the right money to a club, regardless of whether Garry Monk knows them or not we're going to sign the player. We're not in League 2 where we had to rely on contacts as we didn't have money to persuade players to join.

The players have certainly showed their commitment towards the cause of Garry Monk, and that's what is important. Monk is a man that has got the very best out of players like Wilfried Bony, Pablo Hernandez and Jonathan De Guzman, the chances of the three of them will surely be improved as a result of a man who's got the best out of them staying.

As for calls for an experienced number two who knows the division, I wouldn't look past Alan Curtis for his number two (who does have experience in the division of course). As a club we have got experience of this division, we don't need someone undermining the way that the club has risen and need to just simply carry on our way of playing. Trying to make out that this sort of decision is a disaster is baffling.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Doubters on 11:10 - May 5 with 4102 viewsgetcarter

Top post, Garry is the man.
Doubters on 11:48 - May 5 with 4040 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Let's face it, most of those slating GM are the same ones who said it was a mistake expecting him to keep us up, or that he could improve on what ML was doing at that point.
So what do they know about it?
Doubters on 12:40 - May 5 with 3998 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Doubters on 11:48 - May 5 by A_Fans_Dad

Let's face it, most of those slating GM are the same ones who said it was a mistake expecting him to keep us up, or that he could improve on what ML was doing at that point.
So what do they know about it?

Well not exactly. I think Laudrup HAD to go and I was quite happy for him to come in as interim manager and he's done what had been asked of him. However I was hoping for a more experienced man to take us forward next season and if Garry has a bad start he could be fired by November and all the good will he has amassed will quickly evaporate.

Nobody in their right minds wants that scenario though, least of all me. I hope he proves all the doubters wrong but I think we may have made a mistake in at least not interviewing more candidates.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Doubters on 12:46 - May 5 with 3975 viewsMagicDaps

The same could be said about any appointment and it's a risk that comes with appointing a manager, in Monk we have a man that has proven this season of getting the necessary points so that we're not in a position in November where we have to look for an alternative. Sacking Garry Monk just isn't going to be an option though, he'll be made part of the coaching staff if we're need of a different option.

Interviewing alternative candidates would be considered as a massive waste of of the clubs time if Jenkins is convinced he has the right man for the job, and it's much more beneficial to appoint Monk this week then it would be to interview alternatives and appoint him in a months time. Monk can get his player in as soon as possible, and spent a lot more time preparing for the job. It also sends a message of confidence to Garry Monk, that the board have complete faith in him (and Clotet, Curtis etc.) to bring success to the club.
[Post edited 5 May 2014 12:48]

Doubters on 14:05 - May 5 with 3876 viewsbermudajack

Doubters on 12:46 - May 5 by MagicDaps

The same could be said about any appointment and it's a risk that comes with appointing a manager, in Monk we have a man that has proven this season of getting the necessary points so that we're not in a position in November where we have to look for an alternative. Sacking Garry Monk just isn't going to be an option though, he'll be made part of the coaching staff if we're need of a different option.

Interviewing alternative candidates would be considered as a massive waste of of the clubs time if Jenkins is convinced he has the right man for the job, and it's much more beneficial to appoint Monk this week then it would be to interview alternatives and appoint him in a months time. Monk can get his player in as soon as possible, and spent a lot more time preparing for the job. It also sends a message of confidence to Garry Monk, that the board have complete faith in him (and Clotet, Curtis etc.) to bring success to the club.
[Post edited 5 May 2014 12:48]

No one has yet been able to convince me yet that Monk is the BEST candidate for the job. He has done well to secure us another season in the PL, however as long term successor is a big no from me.

Based on the performances of the team under Monk we have moved away from our basic football principles of pass & move from the back, now it's just lump it up to Bony, our possession stats are tumbling in each game and the shambles on Saturday where the team tactics, formation and desire to play for Monk were questionable to say the least. I said when asked prior to the weekend when asked about GM that the next two performances will show how much the team want Monk as boss... The shambles that followed says it all... (And yes Southampton are good, but we made them look so much better than they are)

Monk failed on Saturday to make the necessary changes to improve the game, the thought of him and Curtis guiding us into next season absolutely terrifies me, what worries me even more, is that HJ & the board see no reason to have an open application for the position, which means we will certainly NOT have the best man for the job... Rather someone hand picked by HJ and the board (ask Sir Alex how that worked out for Man Utd)

I wish Gary well, but I cannot get past the feeling that this has "total disaster" written all over it. Unnecessary and desperate... a Glen Hoddle type no2 has to come in, (but that didn't work out well for Fulham this season either)

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Doubters on 14:26 - May 5 with 3848 viewsMagicDaps

Doubters on 14:05 - May 5 by bermudajack

No one has yet been able to convince me yet that Monk is the BEST candidate for the job. He has done well to secure us another season in the PL, however as long term successor is a big no from me.

Based on the performances of the team under Monk we have moved away from our basic football principles of pass & move from the back, now it's just lump it up to Bony, our possession stats are tumbling in each game and the shambles on Saturday where the team tactics, formation and desire to play for Monk were questionable to say the least. I said when asked prior to the weekend when asked about GM that the next two performances will show how much the team want Monk as boss... The shambles that followed says it all... (And yes Southampton are good, but we made them look so much better than they are)

Monk failed on Saturday to make the necessary changes to improve the game, the thought of him and Curtis guiding us into next season absolutely terrifies me, what worries me even more, is that HJ & the board see no reason to have an open application for the position, which means we will certainly NOT have the best man for the job... Rather someone hand picked by HJ and the board (ask Sir Alex how that worked out for Man Utd)

I wish Gary well, but I cannot get past the feeling that this has "total disaster" written all over it. Unnecessary and desperate... a Glen Hoddle type no2 has to come in, (but that didn't work out well for Fulham this season either)

It's clear we're not just trying to hoof the ball long, we're looking to pass the ball n the floor and have scored some great goals under Monk. We're creating more chances than we have done under previous managers, and are scoring more goals which is what is important.

The weekend was far from a shambles, we were playing against a good team and had the better of the chances. There possession amounted to practically nothing and ultimately threw away a good point in a bizarre moment.

Monk has shown that he's been able to win games and grab goals from his substitutions in previous games, and we've got the points that he's needed to get. Regardless of what manager we bring in, they aren't going to be able to win every game through substitutions.

The thought of a stable Swansea City management team that will look to carry on what has led to us being successful is far from terrifying, what would be terrifying is appointing Glenn Hoddle as a number two to undermine the influence of those that have seen us where we are today. Thankfully, we all know that is not going to be the case, it wasn't the case when Brendan Rodgers was appointed, wasn't the case when Roberto Martinez was appointed and wasn't the case when Michael Laudrup was appointed. The manager will choose his assistant, and be allowed the freedom to get on with his job by the club.

Doubters on 14:53 - May 5 with 3817 viewsjacksinceever

IMO the decision to appoint Monk full time could prove to be so costly that we end up following Cardiff into the Championship next season.
His record with the current squad, his baffling choice of players, substitutions, playing men out of position, etc, leave me in great fear that he will lose the belief of the fans and players when things go wrong next season and he can't fix it.
If we were in the First or even the Championship, I'd be nervous that we'd made the wrong appointment. In the Premier League we need a manager with experience and leadership and Garry Monk isn't it.
In the summer we may well lose key players. I don't feel we can sell the club to potential signings without a reputable manager at the helm.
I pray to God I'm wrong, but feel it's going to be a very long season.
Doubters on 15:10 - May 5 with 3766 viewsMagicDaps

Doubters on 14:53 - May 5 by jacksinceever

IMO the decision to appoint Monk full time could prove to be so costly that we end up following Cardiff into the Championship next season.
His record with the current squad, his baffling choice of players, substitutions, playing men out of position, etc, leave me in great fear that he will lose the belief of the fans and players when things go wrong next season and he can't fix it.
If we were in the First or even the Championship, I'd be nervous that we'd made the wrong appointment. In the Premier League we need a manager with experience and leadership and Garry Monk isn't it.
In the summer we may well lose key players. I don't feel we can sell the club to potential signings without a reputable manager at the helm.
I pray to God I'm wrong, but feel it's going to be a very long season.

Well there's obviously the risk of relegation that would come with any appointment.

His record with a squad that was just two points off the relegation zone when he took over is very good, his tactics have got the best out of Pablo, De Guzman and Emnes in different positions from them.

Login to get fewer ads

Doubters on 15:33 - May 5 with 3734 viewsbermudajack

Doubters on 14:26 - May 5 by MagicDaps

It's clear we're not just trying to hoof the ball long, we're looking to pass the ball n the floor and have scored some great goals under Monk. We're creating more chances than we have done under previous managers, and are scoring more goals which is what is important.

The weekend was far from a shambles, we were playing against a good team and had the better of the chances. There possession amounted to practically nothing and ultimately threw away a good point in a bizarre moment.

Monk has shown that he's been able to win games and grab goals from his substitutions in previous games, and we've got the points that he's needed to get. Regardless of what manager we bring in, they aren't going to be able to win every game through substitutions.

The thought of a stable Swansea City management team that will look to carry on what has led to us being successful is far from terrifying, what would be terrifying is appointing Glenn Hoddle as a number two to undermine the influence of those that have seen us where we are today. Thankfully, we all know that is not going to be the case, it wasn't the case when Brendan Rodgers was appointed, wasn't the case when Roberto Martinez was appointed and wasn't the case when Michael Laudrup was appointed. The manager will choose his assistant, and be allowed the freedom to get on with his job by the club.

There are so many wrongs in this statement that I don't agree with I don't know where to start,

We are not tactically better under Monk than previously, Monk was our first team Captain and has done well enough with the playing style and team that he has inherited, yes he's made training more interesting (apparently) but do you honestly believe he is the right man for the job? Without even looking elsewhere? Marvin Emnes gaining two penalties against tired defenders is hardly tactical genius is it?

Asking Roberto to take us forward when in division 1 is one thing, but this is a totally different kettle of fish. If we are trying to play the ball on the ground then I'm a man of the cloth...we're Lumping the ball forward more than I've seen in many years, possession stats against Hull, Villa & Southampton are showing a trend that we no longer hang onto the ball like we used to.

There are so many better candidates being ignored it's worrying we're just heading for the cheap high risk option, as for the influence of an experienced no 2 i.e. Glen Hoddle type that could or would undermine Garry?? Well surely that statement alone verifies that he would be well out of his depth at this level, an assured manager would use the vast experience of his no 2 not feel threatened by him !!!

If you think the game against Southampton wasn't a shambles then your in the minority, when our own players didn't know what formation we were playing... The whole game bypassed Routledge Shelvey and Pablo were shocking throughout, what did Garry do? Nothing... Southampton dominated possession and (not like you say) had the better chances and deservedly won the game with the help of some keystone cops decision making at the back.

Only time will tell if the "chosen, cheap high risk option" will work, only then can we call our management team "stable". Let's hope the football gods are with him, or this high risk strategy will unstable us mid season which could prove fatal

Hope I'm wrong though ... Good luck Garry...

You'll have my complete support regardless of my reservations...

Doubters on 15:57 - May 5 with 3699 viewsMagicDaps

Doubters on 15:33 - May 5 by bermudajack

There are so many wrongs in this statement that I don't agree with I don't know where to start,

We are not tactically better under Monk than previously, Monk was our first team Captain and has done well enough with the playing style and team that he has inherited, yes he's made training more interesting (apparently) but do you honestly believe he is the right man for the job? Without even looking elsewhere? Marvin Emnes gaining two penalties against tired defenders is hardly tactical genius is it?

Asking Roberto to take us forward when in division 1 is one thing, but this is a totally different kettle of fish. If we are trying to play the ball on the ground then I'm a man of the cloth...we're Lumping the ball forward more than I've seen in many years, possession stats against Hull, Villa & Southampton are showing a trend that we no longer hang onto the ball like we used to.

There are so many better candidates being ignored it's worrying we're just heading for the cheap high risk option, as for the influence of an experienced no 2 i.e. Glen Hoddle type that could or would undermine Garry?? Well surely that statement alone verifies that he would be well out of his depth at this level, an assured manager would use the vast experience of his no 2 not feel threatened by him !!!

If you think the game against Southampton wasn't a shambles then your in the minority, when our own players didn't know what formation we were playing... The whole game bypassed Routledge Shelvey and Pablo were shocking throughout, what did Garry do? Nothing... Southampton dominated possession and (not like you say) had the better chances and deservedly won the game with the help of some keystone cops decision making at the back.

Only time will tell if the "chosen, cheap high risk option" will work, only then can we call our management team "stable". Let's hope the football gods are with him, or this high risk strategy will unstable us mid season which could prove fatal

Hope I'm wrong though ... Good luck Garry...

You'll have my complete support regardless of my reservations...

Yes I honestly believe that Garry Monk is the right man for the job, he's the man to get the best out of our current players and unite a squad to a strong Premier League finish next season.

If you're going to right off any successes as Garry Monk's because of your pre conceived idea of him then there's not point in this discussion, he brought on Emnes to offer a different dynamic attack and to cause defenders problems with his pace and directness and it was effective. Not only did he win two penalties, but against Newcastle he also set up Wilfried Bony for a great opportunity and Monk used him very effectively as an impact player. You can't right off the fact that Garry Monk's been able to get Marvin Emnes performing at this level for the first time in his career by playing him in a new role.

Aston Villa and Newcastle were desperate for a win, Southampton have the best possession stats in the league. They were always going to be games where the opposition was going to look to make life difficult for us on the ball, there was no question about our intent to get a hold of the ball and we've been unfortunate not get seven points out of those three games. We haven't lumped the ball up to Bony at all, he's held the ball up well when it's come in to his feet but under Monk the ball has been played on the deck.

Giving Monk (and the rest of the coaching staff) additional pressure by appointing an assistant like Hoddle is just completely unnecessary. Providing any sort of barrier to potential success shouldn't be considered, it shouldn't really matter whether they can handle it or not. We'll always get the best out of the coaching staff when they are able to choose who they want to work alongside them.

I don't really see how you can suggest Southampton had the better chances, we had four great chances during the game and Southampton only really had a couple.

If you think that Huw Jenkins has appointed Garry Monk because he's cheap then you're just wrong, it's not even up for debate and I can't believe that you'd question the thinking behind the man whose shown time and time again to be the best at making these decisions. Like I initially stated, people said the same about how Rodgers and Martinez were cheap, but they were proved to be completely wrong, Jenkins will appoint Garry Monk if he feels he's the right man for the job and money hasn't even been discussed according to reports.

Doubters on 16:01 - May 5 with 3688 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Doubters on 15:57 - May 5 by MagicDaps

Yes I honestly believe that Garry Monk is the right man for the job, he's the man to get the best out of our current players and unite a squad to a strong Premier League finish next season.

If you're going to right off any successes as Garry Monk's because of your pre conceived idea of him then there's not point in this discussion, he brought on Emnes to offer a different dynamic attack and to cause defenders problems with his pace and directness and it was effective. Not only did he win two penalties, but against Newcastle he also set up Wilfried Bony for a great opportunity and Monk used him very effectively as an impact player. You can't right off the fact that Garry Monk's been able to get Marvin Emnes performing at this level for the first time in his career by playing him in a new role.

Aston Villa and Newcastle were desperate for a win, Southampton have the best possession stats in the league. They were always going to be games where the opposition was going to look to make life difficult for us on the ball, there was no question about our intent to get a hold of the ball and we've been unfortunate not get seven points out of those three games. We haven't lumped the ball up to Bony at all, he's held the ball up well when it's come in to his feet but under Monk the ball has been played on the deck.

Giving Monk (and the rest of the coaching staff) additional pressure by appointing an assistant like Hoddle is just completely unnecessary. Providing any sort of barrier to potential success shouldn't be considered, it shouldn't really matter whether they can handle it or not. We'll always get the best out of the coaching staff when they are able to choose who they want to work alongside them.

I don't really see how you can suggest Southampton had the better chances, we had four great chances during the game and Southampton only really had a couple.

If you think that Huw Jenkins has appointed Garry Monk because he's cheap then you're just wrong, it's not even up for debate and I can't believe that you'd question the thinking behind the man whose shown time and time again to be the best at making these decisions. Like I initially stated, people said the same about how Rodgers and Martinez were cheap, but they were proved to be completely wrong, Jenkins will appoint Garry Monk if he feels he's the right man for the job and money hasn't even been discussed according to reports.

Mate, they all looked completely clueless out there on Saturday. That's down to the manager .
I take your point about Emnes but how do you explain N'Gog?

Doubters on 16:17 - May 5 with 3668 viewsMagicDaps

Doubters on 16:01 - May 5 by Brynmill_Jack

Mate, they all looked completely clueless out there on Saturday. That's down to the manager .
I take your point about Emnes but how do you explain N'Gog?

They were far from clueless on the weekend, we were playing a very good Southampton side and it was an even game. Yes, not a lot happened, but that was the case for both sides.

What is there to explain about N'Gog? He wasn't signed by Garry Monk, was seen as a desperate signing by Laudrup and whilst it hasn't worked it's hardly the end of the world with him out of contract in the summer.

Doubters on 16:31 - May 5 with 3640 viewsC_jack

'The rosey la la land post' of the year award has been decided

Don't question the board, they can't/wont make a mistake.

HJ is god, Garry Monk is the messiah

Sit down, shut up, oh and of course, don't question the board.

Let's kill debate, the board can't make a mistake.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Doubters on 16:46 - May 5 with 3608 viewsbermudajack

Doubters on 15:57 - May 5 by MagicDaps

So your the only one who seems to think that Gary is the right man for the job without considering any others!

You are the only one on here who thinks he doesn't need an experienced no 2 because he would feel undermined by him! Surely he would want to choose that valuable experience himself?

You're the only one who thinks he can get the very best out all of our players when Chico, Pozeulo, Dyer & Lamah would suggest the contrary !

Your the only one who thinks we had the better of Southampton on Saturday and we weren't clueless...

Your the only one who is completely confident of club unity, tactical awareness, ability in the transfer market and a strong Premiership position under Monk!

HJ has done very well in the past, Martinez & Rogers were great successes, Laudrup built on what Rodgers began, Sousa built on Martinez successes etc. since our promotion to the PL we haven't taken such a big risk on our PL status as this in my view.

I don't have pre conceived ideas of Monk, I like the man, great club captain, loyal servant, I wish him well, I base my thoughts on what I've seen with my own eyes, not through rose tinted specs, but with a clear mind...

Doubters on 16:56 - May 5 with 3587 viewsMagicDaps

Doubters on 16:46 - May 5 by bermudajack

So your the only one who seems to think that Gary is the right man for the job without considering any others!

You are the only one on here who thinks he doesn't need an experienced no 2 because he would feel undermined by him! Surely he would want to choose that valuable experience himself?

You're the only one who thinks he can get the very best out all of our players when Chico, Pozeulo, Dyer & Lamah would suggest the contrary !

Your the only one who thinks we had the better of Southampton on Saturday and we weren't clueless...

Your the only one who is completely confident of club unity, tactical awareness, ability in the transfer market and a strong Premiership position under Monk!

HJ has done very well in the past, Martinez & Rogers were great successes, Laudrup built on what Rodgers began, Sousa built on Martinez successes etc. since our promotion to the PL we haven't taken such a big risk on our PL status as this in my view.

I don't have pre conceived ideas of Monk, I like the man, great club captain, loyal servant, I wish him well, I base my thoughts on what I've seen with my own eyes, not through rose tinted specs, but with a clear mind...

I doubt that I am the only person to have these views, but just because I might not be in the majority doesn't mean it isn't the best thing for the club.

I want Garry Monk appointed as soon as possible so that the situation of the club is sorted out as soon as possible and that the coaching staff for next season have as long as possible to prepare for next season.

I am positive that he'd prefer to keep someone like Alan Curtis, supposedly key in the team talk for the vital win away at Newcastle, I can't see a Glenn Hoddle making that sort of impact and having the same sort of commitment to the club as Curtis.

Our performances have improved with Garry Monk, and the commitment is certainly there from all of them. It's unfair to suggest that he hasn't got the best out of Lamah, who wasn't exactly consistently performing before hand whilst with Dyer who has had good performances under Monk. One or two players may need to be let go, but we'll have a squad of players who'll work for Garry Monk.

I thought we had the better chances than Southampton, it was an even game and a point would have been a fair result.

Was it not a big risk to appoint a manager who hadn't had any experience in this division in Laudrup? There were certainly doubts on here about it. In the Championship there were a lot of moans and grounds about Rodgers, obviously we weren't in the Premier League but it was an important decision in terms of getting in to the Premier League.

I feel you aren't giving him full credit for all of his managerial decisions, I don't feel you've given him credit for the impact subs he's made with Emnes that ultimately saw us safe a lot sooner than anyone would have thought back at Upton Park in February.

Doubters on 17:21 - May 5 with 3519 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Doubters on 16:46 - May 5 by bermudajack

No he is not the only one.
One thing you seem to have missed about Saturday was that as we are safe the team were trying out a sort of 4 4 2, so it was a Plan B which everybody says the team needs. Having seen it in action those same people now don't like it and want us to back to plan A.
Soton may have had the possession but they certainly didn't have the better chances.
Everybody knows Dyer does not play well when he comes on as a substitute, everybody also knows that there isn't a manager alive who can control chico's mad moments, although GM had him playing much better than ML. Especially regards his diving antics.
As for the other two who says they weren't playing "at their best", have you seen them play much better?
You can't MAKE a player play better if he refuses to, as you can't make a player give 100%, you can only persuade them or get rid.
Doubters on 17:24 - May 5 with 3516 viewsbermudajack

Doubters on 16:56 - May 5 by MagicDaps

I doubt that I am the only person to have these views, but just because I might not be in the majority doesn't mean it isn't the best thing for the club.

I want Garry Monk appointed as soon as possible so that the situation of the club is sorted out as soon as possible and that the coaching staff for next season have as long as possible to prepare for next season.

I am positive that he'd prefer to keep someone like Alan Curtis, supposedly key in the team talk for the vital win away at Newcastle, I can't see a Glenn Hoddle making that sort of impact and having the same sort of commitment to the club as Curtis.

Our performances have improved with Garry Monk, and the commitment is certainly there from all of them. It's unfair to suggest that he hasn't got the best out of Lamah, who wasn't exactly consistently performing before hand whilst with Dyer who has had good performances under Monk. One or two players may need to be let go, but we'll have a squad of players who'll work for Garry Monk.

I thought we had the better chances than Southampton, it was an even game and a point would have been a fair result.

Was it not a big risk to appoint a manager who hadn't had any experience in this division in Laudrup? There were certainly doubts on here about it. In the Championship there were a lot of moans and grounds about Rodgers, obviously we weren't in the Premier League but it was an important decision in terms of getting in to the Premier League.

I feel you aren't giving him full credit for all of his managerial decisions, I don't feel you've given him credit for the impact subs he's made with Emnes that ultimately saw us safe a lot sooner than anyone would have thought back at Upton Park in February.

I was at upton park... Lifeless performance no doubt

I have grave reservations about a Monk Curtis season next year

Nothing you have said gives me any confidence whatsoever...

Giving Monk credit for picking a team put together by others is difficult. Giving him credit for throwing on Emnes as a sub is equally so, (why he left that decision so late on Sat I'll never know) in fact I think it's unfair to throw him in without even the necessary qualifications or experience.

Are you suggesting that there's no difference to managing in the Championship or league 1 to the PL? This division eats inexperienced managers for breakfast... We're up against some of the best managers in the world...and we put a player with no experience in charge...

Huw isn't exactly going to press to bark that Monk is picked as he's the cheapest option is he?

Huge risk... But what the hell... £2 million bonuses all round... Rookie cheap manager...Sorted...

Graveyard of ambition strikes again...

Doubters on 17:24 - May 5 with 3513 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Doubters on 17:21 - May 5 by A_Fans_Dad

No he is not the only one.
One thing you seem to have missed about Saturday was that as we are safe the team were trying out a sort of 4 4 2, so it was a Plan B which everybody says the team needs. Having seen it in action those same people now don't like it and want us to back to plan A.
Soton may have had the possession but they certainly didn't have the better chances.
Everybody knows Dyer does not play well when he comes on as a substitute, everybody also knows that there isn't a manager alive who can control chico's mad moments, although GM had him playing much better than ML. Especially regards his diving antics.
As for the other two who says they weren't playing "at their best", have you seen them play much better?
You can't MAKE a player play better if he refuses to, as you can't make a player give 100%, you can only persuade them or get rid.

I'll definitely agree that he has got improvements out of the whole squad and that is brilliant, Chico being a massive case in point.
That's great but his tactical side when up against a Pochetino or Pulis even exposes him somewhat.

Doubters on 17:38 - May 5 with 3489 viewsMagicDaps

Doubters on 17:24 - May 5 by bermudajack

I was at upton park... Lifeless performance no doubt

I have grave reservations about a Monk Curtis season next year

Nothing you have said gives me any confidence whatsoever...

Giving Monk credit for picking a team put together by others is difficult. Giving him credit for throwing on Emnes as a sub is equally so, (why he left that decision so late on Sat I'll never know) in fact I think it's unfair to throw him in without even the necessary qualifications or experience.

Are you suggesting that there's no difference to managing in the Championship or league 1 to the PL? This division eats inexperienced managers for breakfast... We're up against some of the best managers in the world...and we put a player with no experience in charge...

Huw isn't exactly going to press to bark that Monk is picked as he's the cheapest option is he?

Huge risk... But what the hell... £2 million bonuses all round... Rookie cheap manager...Sorted...

Graveyard of ambition strikes again...

Monk has to be given credit for his selections, this discussion is pointless if you won't give him credit for the teams he picks. He deserves credit for showing Emnes is an effective impact sub, showing Pablo Hernandez's true position, getting Jonathan De Guzman and Wilfried Bony scoring goals and getting Wayne Routledge playing his best football. Yes, there's still work to do, but he's done a lot in a short period of time in what was a difficult job.

I'm suggesting that Brendan Rodgers decision was an important one in terms of our long term future, a good appointment meant ultimately got us in the Premier League and has given us the foundations for future success with our own training ground, new academy and the potential expansion whilst a bad appointment could have easily seen us relegated.

Garry Monk's had plenty of time preparing for this job, and will have the experience of our current coaching staff to help him. He's shown that he can get the best out of many of our side, and that our players will be fully committed to him which is important. Our previous managers/squads haven't had Premier League experience and have been
successful.

You should know full well that Huw Jenkins will not have picked Monk because he's cheap, saying so of someone so important in our rise to where we are is silly and a bit unappreciative to the work he's done. I don't really know how anyone can question his motives, he has previously shown he's prepared to pay with important decisions (£12 million for Bony, sacking Laudrup regardless of having to pay up his contract) and I have no doubt that Monk will have been Jenkins #1 choice if he appoints him before he discusses contract negotiations.

Like I've said initially it's got nothing to do with ambition, just like Rodgers appointment wasn't down to a lack of ambition and just like Martinez's appointment wasn't due to a lack of ambition. Garry Monk is the #1 man to lead us to success with his knowledge of the club, and his ability to get every single player that will be with us next season playing for the club. There isn't a better man for the job and I think with someone of Garry's qualities available, money isn't going to be an issue for the club regardless of how much he wants.

Doubters on 17:54 - May 5 with 3465 viewsjeza739

Any appointment is a risk. Some more than others. We could prise JM from Chelsea and for any number of reasons it doesn't work. We have to get rid in November, what will all you doubters suggest then? Ask GM again?
We can't keep changing our manager every other yr or even more frequently. We need stability, someone who may be here for years, GM may prove that man or he may not.
However, he took over a team sleepwalking into a relegation battle, turned it around, yes the odd poor result but a few good ones as well.
The squad seem happy, very happy actually, Pablo has found his best position, Emnes has come in and doing a good job in different role as impact sub. JDeG has been effective out wide. Not bad for a clueless coach or tactician that some are referring to GM as on here.
So we haven't seen Pozuelo or Canas? Good! Neither is good enough and by all accounts are trouble as well.

Anyone swear we were in the mess Cardiff are in. We have had disruption off the field before season started with LAudrups agent. I have posted previously ML should have gone then, we changed manager appointed a complete clueless novice (not my feelings but those of some on here) were competing in Europe (where far bigger clubs Newcastle fr eg have struggled to cope with) yet in the end avoided relegation fairly comfortably (surprisingly) .
Oh! Just a thought, tinkering with new tactics ,formations of late anyone thought GM may be after a plan B? Esp as possession teams such as Bayern and Barca have been found out of late. Just a thought....

FFS get a grip!
Doubters on 18:02 - May 5 with 3439 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Doubters on 17:54 - May 5 by jeza739

Any appointment is a risk. Some more than others. We could prise JM from Chelsea and for any number of reasons it doesn't work. We have to get rid in November, what will all you doubters suggest then? Ask GM again?
We can't keep changing our manager every other yr or even more frequently. We need stability, someone who may be here for years, GM may prove that man or he may not.
However, he took over a team sleepwalking into a relegation battle, turned it around, yes the odd poor result but a few good ones as well.
The squad seem happy, very happy actually, Pablo has found his best position, Emnes has come in and doing a good job in different role as impact sub. JDeG has been effective out wide. Not bad for a clueless coach or tactician that some are referring to GM as on here.
So we haven't seen Pozuelo or Canas? Good! Neither is good enough and by all accounts are trouble as well.

Anyone swear we were in the mess Cardiff are in. We have had disruption off the field before season started with LAudrups agent. I have posted previously ML should have gone then, we changed manager appointed a complete clueless novice (not my feelings but those of some on here) were competing in Europe (where far bigger clubs Newcastle fr eg have struggled to cope with) yet in the end avoided relegation fairly comfortably (surprisingly) .
Oh! Just a thought, tinkering with new tactics ,formations of late anyone thought GM may be after a plan B? Esp as possession teams such as Bayern and Barca have been found out of late. Just a thought....

FFS get a grip!

Re the Plan B on Saturday, it certainly wouldn't work with Tiendalli, but it might with Taylor.
Of course with Routs playing and acting like a "striker" we didn't get the usual work rate or cover of the left wing.
Doubters on 19:14 - May 5 with 3370 viewsScoobyWho

Now he is the manager I expect spanish to become pretty much redundant in SA 1.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Doubters on 19:41 - May 5 with 3329 viewsswanny

PFFT...so fed up with all this now - so many new user names on here on the wind up.
Should be happy we're staying up but many just want to slag off Huw, the Board, Garry....not a happy clapper, but we have survived another year and next season is is a blank page and a new start. We don't have the resources of other teams, be careful what you wish for...

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Doubters on 21:39 - May 5 with 3282 viewsbermudajack

Doubters on 19:41 - May 5 by swanny

PFFT...so fed up with all this now - so many new user names on here on the wind up.
Should be happy we're staying up but many just want to slag off Huw, the Board, Garry....not a happy clapper, but we have survived another year and next season is is a blank page and a new start. We don't have the resources of other teams, be careful what you wish for...

I think some people need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Delusional is not the word, apparently Monk has made our players better? Yet I do believe Pablo was playing in the hole behind Bony on numerous occasions prior to monk's appointment...Routledge has been pretty consistent all season and Chico can still be as daft as a brush, Bony has grown as the season has gone on, not a lot to do with Monk other than him choosing them to play when available.

We can argue all day and night about the lack of ambition with this comfortable appointment, or Monk's already seasoned Managerial qualities, his ability to manage great players from the UK & the continent and indeed already make them better players as previously stated.

we have to thank the man for survival this year, a position he should never have been forced into, if the board had acted on their instincts when it was needed we would have been nowhere near relegation.

As for us easily beating the drop??? Securing PL status with 2 games remaining is hardly easily beating the drop...

I can guarantee you this, if I gave every one of you a pen following the West Ham game who you'd want as the next manager of SCFC not one of you would have gone for Monk. Caretaker until we've found someone more suitable... yes...

How have we performed since all these injured players have returned & Monk has taken over? To our potential? Above our potential? Or below?

For Monk to be considered as the no 1 choice without question or without interviewing another candidate, the answer would have to be "way above our potential"...
and I simply don't believe this to be the case.

Some say that GM is a good choice because he's been here for 10 yrs and knows the club inside out? If that's the case then I wonder how Alan Curtis feels?

If the players really want him to be the next boss, it will be seen in our last two performances, one has already gone, and wether he was trying 442 or whatever...I didn't simply see much evidence,

Like I've said he's been chosen for whatever reason, we have no choice other than get behind him,

I'm happy to be proven wrong and I wish him well.

My Season tickets are bought but my concerns remain...

For me... End of discussion, thanks for your input 😑

Doubters on 09:49 - May 6 with 3154 viewsperchrockjack

Baffling choice of players? They weren't his though were they. He dealt with what he had to.
I m expecting him to clear out Pozuelo, Canas, Hernandez, Vorm if offers come in for them.
Its whom he replaces them with is what is key for me.
Im apprehensive but he s seems the choice so we have to hope. Its not the time to slag him off before he s started the new season. Im all for a bit of pessimism ut its far too early to rip into him now.

Just want to say a final fookoff you dead from the neck danishcoont .
there that s better

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024