Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How is Petty portrayed in Jack to a King? 21:01 - Sep 12 with 4011 viewsjack247

I would be pretty wound up if he came across as anything but scum. A large proportion of our fans weren't around at the time and could end up getting completely the wrong impression.
How is Petty portrayed in Jack to a King? on 21:46 - Sep 12 with 3274 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Guardian and Independent film reviews seem to cast him sympathetically.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

How is Petty portrayed in Jack to a King? on 21:50 - Sep 12 with 3254 viewsPrivate_Partz

How is Petty portrayed in Jack to a King? on 21:46 - Sep 12 by NeiltheTaylor

Guardian and Independent film reviews seem to cast him sympathetically.

One review called him an Arthur Daley type figure. On the whole the film seems to be very well received by the critics.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

How is Petty portrayed in Jack to a King? on 21:54 - Sep 12 with 3209 viewsheadcleaner

even after all these years I'm not sure what I'd feel if confronted by the man. He still made a pretty penny out of our plight I don't buy all this tripe about him being the person to reignite our club. If people who weren't around at the time are nice to him or even nonplussed I'd be very disappointed in them for not reading up on what he was like at the time. after some thought I'd take my chance and gob on him then give him a good kick up the arris all the way down the red carpet. once a scumbag always a scumbag.
How is Petty portrayed in Jack to a King? on 22:00 - Sep 12 with 3180 viewsScoobyWho

I'm not sure now he can actually go in there as the corrupt piece of sh it he is and smile.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

How is Petty portrayed in Jack to a King? on 22:05 - Sep 12 with 3157 viewsRancid

We all know what happened and that's sufficient.It's odd that he had a part in the film but I bet everyone who knows of him and his antics will be glued to that particular part.
How is Petty portrayed in Jack to a King? on 22:13 - Sep 12 with 3128 viewsepaul

Once a c*nt always a c*nt he will be nothing less, he's up there with Thatc*** for me

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

How is Petty portrayed in Jack to a King? on 23:06 - Sep 12 with 2996 viewsChief

he was given a lot more airtime in the film than I expected. he had plenty of excuses. proper cockney wide boy. but he was made to look a bit of a clown by the comments of the other contributors in the film.

Huge focus on the Petty out campaign too which was good so I doubt newer fans will get the wrong impression.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

How is Petty portrayed in Jack to a King? on 23:35 - Sep 12 with 2946 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Do 9 th floor get a mention ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

How is Petty portrayed in Jack to a King? on 23:38 - Sep 12 with 2929 viewsChief

How is Petty portrayed in Jack to a King? on 23:35 - Sep 12 by oh_tommy_tommy

Do 9 th floor get a mention ?

no. nor do silver shield

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

How is Petty portrayed in Jack to a King? on 23:39 - Sep 12 with 2924 viewsperchrockjack

Orrible accent and shifty mussy

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

How is Petty portrayed in Jack to a King? on 23:49 - Sep 12 with 2888 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

How is Petty portrayed in Jack to a King? on 23:38 - Sep 12 by Chief

no. nor do silver shield

That's a shame .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

How is Petty portrayed in Jack to a King? on 23:50 - Sep 12 with 2885 viewsEbo

Sorry if a ferdie but, he turned up at the premier in Leicester square tonight. He left half way through, a few words were said before the film too.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swans-fans-shocked-owner-Tony-Petty-turn

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

How is Petty portrayed in Jack to a King? on 01:08 - Sep 13 with 2813 viewsHighjack

If any new fans are reading and want to know the facts about Mr Tony Petty all the factual facts are to be found here. Fact.

http://www.angelfire.com/nb/pettyout/crookreport.html

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

How is Petty portrayed in Jack to a King? on 10:41 - Sep 13 with 2591 viewsmax936

How is Petty portrayed in Jack to a King? on 22:13 - Sep 12 by epaul

Once a c*nt always a c*nt he will be nothing less, he's up there with Thatc*** for me

Spot on Paul.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

How is Petty portrayed in Jack to a King? on 10:43 - Sep 13 with 2588 viewsmax936

How is Petty portrayed in Jack to a King? on 23:50 - Sep 12 by Ebo

Sorry if a ferdie but, he turned up at the premier in Leicester square tonight. He left half way through, a few words were said before the film too.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swans-fans-shocked-owner-Tony-Petty-turn

Pity somebody never kicked him flush in the bollox.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

How is Petty portrayed in Jack to a King? on 13:44 - Sep 13 with 2469 viewsPhil_S

So then we know that Petty was there last night and we assume that he was invited therefore by somebody involved in the film

What a farce!
How is Petty portrayed in Jack to a King? on 13:45 - Sep 13 with 2467 viewsDarran

How is Petty portrayed in Jack to a King? on 13:44 - Sep 13 by Phil_S

So then we know that Petty was there last night and we assume that he was invited therefore by somebody involved in the film

What a farce!

Was it invite only Phil?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

How is Petty portrayed in Jack to a King? on 13:47 - Sep 13 with 2458 viewsStarsky

What a farce!

Of course he was. The film director's PR guys thought it would bring more publicity mun.

It's just the internet, init.

How is Petty portrayed in Jack to a King? on 13:49 - Sep 13 with 2453 viewsBaker

What a farce!

I'm sure whoever 'starred' in that film had an invite - It's kinda how things work in the film industry.

Having 'The Baddy' turning up at the premier was an obvious marketing decision to get people talking about it too.

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

How is Petty portrayed in Jack to a King? on 13:49 - Sep 13 with 2451 viewsPhil_S

How is Petty portrayed in Jack to a King? on 13:45 - Sep 13 by Darran

Was it invite only Phil?

I had a feeling last night was yes but could be wrong
How is Petty portrayed in Jack to a King? on 13:50 - Sep 13 with 2449 viewsPhil_S

How is Petty portrayed in Jack to a King? on 13:49 - Sep 13 by Baker

I'm sure whoever 'starred' in that film had an invite - It's kinda how things work in the film industry.

Having 'The Baddy' turning up at the premier was an obvious marketing decision to get people talking about it too.

And another bad decision by the film makers sadly
How is Petty portrayed in Jack to a King? on 13:50 - Sep 13 with 2447 viewsBaker

How is Petty portrayed in Jack to a King? on 13:47 - Sep 13 by Starsky

Of course he was. The film director's PR guys thought it would bring more publicity mun.

And they'd be 100% correct.

Look at the fuss it's caused. It's not difficult to work out what's gone on here

How is Petty portrayed in Jack to a King? on 13:53 - Sep 13 with 2440 viewsBaker

How is Petty portrayed in Jack to a King? on 13:50 - Sep 13 by Phil_S

And another bad decision by the film makers sadly

What? To make some money from a film they'd produced?

Don't be so naive/bitter/silly* Phil.

*delete as approp

How is Petty portrayed in Jack to a King? on 13:53 - Sep 13 with 2435 viewsPhil_S

How is Petty portrayed in Jack to a King? on 13:50 - Sep 13 by Baker

And they'd be 100% correct.

Look at the fuss it's caused. It's not difficult to work out what's gone on here

Oh no its not difficult to work out

But a bad decision from alleged Swans fans...

And could have backfired quite spectacularly

This post has been edited by an administrator
How is Petty portrayed in Jack to a King? on 13:54 - Sep 13 with 2428 viewsPhil_S

How is Petty portrayed in Jack to a King? on 13:53 - Sep 13 by Baker

What? To make some money from a film they'd produced?

Don't be so naive/bitter/silly* Phil.

*delete as approp

Go on I'd love to know how do you think there could be any bitterness in it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024