Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Thomas - season ticket for life 09:15 - Sep 15 with 11217 viewsCharsean

Morning guys. I got talking to James Thomas a couple of weeks ago and asked if he still follows the swans. He said that he's got a season ticket and goes to as many games as work (ambulance technician) allows. I joked that he probably gets a freebie and he replied that he didn't even get a discount. WTF!!!!
He wasn't complaining or moaning about it but I felt he was somewhat disappointed - and rightly so. I know there's been many people who helped our incredible rise but without his hat trick that day we would never be where we are today. I've canvassed quite a few fans and they believe he should be rewarded with a season ticket for life - in fact most think he should have a statue at the liberty.
Anyway I'm trying to drum up support from the fans and the evening post to get JT rewarded with something that he so thoroughly deserves.
If you're on Twitter please leave a comment on #jamesthomasseasonticketforlife

Thank you for your time
James Thomas - season ticket for life on 09:20 - Sep 15 with 5677 viewsjacksinceever

I'm not on Twitter but if there is any way I support your campaign then great.
This is defo one the Trust should take up. Without James Thomas, we could well have sunk to the doldrums of non-league and never emerged again.
James Thomas - season ticket for life on 09:20 - Sep 15 with 5676 viewsDarran

What just him?
Ridiculous.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 09:22 - Sep 15 with 5659 viewsjacksinceever

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 09:20 - Sep 15 by Darran

What just him?
Ridiculous.

Ok - you as well then
WTF? Read what I posted above and tell me one other player who made a more significant 90 minute contribution (without the rest of the season) since 2000 ?
James Thomas - season ticket for life on 09:25 - Sep 15 with 5635 viewsCharsean

Ignore him. He's a wind up
James Thomas - season ticket for life on 09:27 - Sep 15 with 5621 viewsDarran

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 09:22 - Sep 15 by jacksinceever

Ok - you as well then
WTF? Read what I posted above and tell me one other player who made a more significant 90 minute contribution (without the rest of the season) since 2000 ?

Honestly what's wrong with him buying one you think he's skint or summin?
How embarrassing.

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 09:28 - Sep 15 with 5608 viewsDarran

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 09:25 - Sep 15 by Charsean

Ignore him. He's a wind up

Yeah right.
Dear me there's people poverty stricken out there whilst James has got a few bob in the bank.

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 09:30 - Sep 15 with 5595 viewsCharsean

You believe that do you Darren. That's why he's an ambulance technician (no offence to ambulance technicians!!)
James Thomas - season ticket for life on 09:31 - Sep 15 with 5588 viewsDarran

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 09:30 - Sep 15 by Charsean

You believe that do you Darren. That's why he's an ambulance technician (no offence to ambulance technicians!!)

Yes I believe he's got more than enough money to buy a season ticket.

Login to get fewer ads

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 09:33 - Sep 15 with 5577 viewsCatullus

I thought ex players got freebies or discounts?

And I agree with Darran, you can't just give to one. No matter what. Basing a free lifetime season on just player for one season, or even worse one game, is a bit barmy. Even if that one game had such huge potential consequences.
What about Freestone, Cornforth, Cusack (not for his time as manager but for holding things together when we could easily have crumbled) or the class of 81..........?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 09:33 - Sep 15 with 5572 viewsjacksinceever

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 09:27 - Sep 15 by Darran

Honestly what's wrong with him buying one you think he's skint or summin?
How embarrassing.

Personally I don't agree with anyone having freebies as such, being a bloodsucker I would love to see SCFC such as much money from everyone as they could.
That said, there are so many hangers-on that where are tickets given to far less deserving souls than the man who kept us from non-league oblivion!
The SWEP often runs competitions for tickets to our games. My guess is that they don't pay for them and in theory we shouldn't have to be advertising tickets (in fact by giving them away in a competition makes it looks if there's none left)
James Thomas - season ticket for life on 09:34 - Sep 15 with 5569 viewsDarran

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 09:33 - Sep 15 by Catullus

I thought ex players got freebies or discounts?

And I agree with Darran, you can't just give to one. No matter what. Basing a free lifetime season on just player for one season, or even worse one game, is a bit barmy. Even if that one game had such huge potential consequences.
What about Freestone, Cornforth, Cusack (not for his time as manager but for holding things together when we could easily have crumbled) or the class of 81..........?

Jonathan Coates.

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 09:37 - Sep 15 with 5550 viewsshandyjack

this OP is on a wind up surely? Where would it stop, would Sinclair get one when he retires for his play off final contribution.

Poll: Expectation for the season

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 09:39 - Sep 15 with 5543 viewsCharsean

I'm happy to observe your comments and respect your opinions. Personally I think he deserves a freebie as we just wouldn't be premier league without his goals. There's nothing wrong with looking after your players when they leave. As stated my opinion (and many others actually) but I respect all yours too
James Thomas - season ticket for life on 09:40 - Sep 15 with 5526 viewsUxbridge

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 09:33 - Sep 15 by jacksinceever

Personally I don't agree with anyone having freebies as such, being a bloodsucker I would love to see SCFC such as much money from everyone as they could.
That said, there are so many hangers-on that where are tickets given to far less deserving souls than the man who kept us from non-league oblivion!
The SWEP often runs competitions for tickets to our games. My guess is that they don't pay for them and in theory we shouldn't have to be advertising tickets (in fact by giving them away in a competition makes it looks if there's none left)

Well personally I'd like to see SCFC take in as much money as is needed not screw out every penny they can, but hey ho.

As for the topic, I'd take a more general view. I know there's some work being done by the club and Trust on setting up an Old Pro's association and I think that's the sort of thing that is really important as should look after those who didn't play when the financial aspect was even in the same timezone as it is now and particularly if in hardship. You obviously can't give STs to the 1000 or so former players but maybe something could be done in terms of the wall of fame inductees? Doesn't even need to be free tickets but thinks like access to the bar, VP suite etc. Actually this may be happening to some degree already.

I'd have no problem with making a special case for JT though. Without him we'd simply not be here. May not even have a club.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 09:43 - Sep 15 with 5505 viewsCharsean

Well said Uxbridge
James Thomas - season ticket for life on 09:43 - Sep 15 with 5505 viewsDarran

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 09:40 - Sep 15 by Uxbridge

Well personally I'd like to see SCFC take in as much money as is needed not screw out every penny they can, but hey ho.

As for the topic, I'd take a more general view. I know there's some work being done by the club and Trust on setting up an Old Pro's association and I think that's the sort of thing that is really important as should look after those who didn't play when the financial aspect was even in the same timezone as it is now and particularly if in hardship. You obviously can't give STs to the 1000 or so former players but maybe something could be done in terms of the wall of fame inductees? Doesn't even need to be free tickets but thinks like access to the bar, VP suite etc. Actually this may be happening to some degree already.

I'd have no problem with making a special case for JT though. Without him we'd simply not be here. May not even have a club.

Just him?
F*ck my eyes.

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 09:45 - Sep 15 with 5481 viewspencoedjack

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 09:39 - Sep 15 by Charsean

I'm happy to observe your comments and respect your opinions. Personally I think he deserves a freebie as we just wouldn't be premier league without his goals. There's nothing wrong with looking after your players when they leave. As stated my opinion (and many others actually) but I respect all yours too

We wouldn't be in the PL (as Shandy pointed out)if SS didn't score a hat trick in the PL final, Monk do a block, Forbes didn't score v Rotherham the list can go on forever.

Personally I think their are fans who have followed the club all over the country who are probably far more worthy than ex players.

Saying that I am surprised that ex players don't get freebies.
James Thomas - season ticket for life on 09:46 - Sep 15 with 5478 viewsCatullus

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 09:40 - Sep 15 by Uxbridge

Well I'll nominate Cusack then, because if he hadn't held it together we could have folded then too. If we couldn't field a team (and the way things had been going we were worried about it, lucky that only one (Roberts) really important player left) we could have been expelled from the league for not fulfilling our fixtures.

Or do I remember it wrong, I was drunk a lot back then!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 09:48 - Sep 15 with 5455 viewsParlay

The thing with James Thomas is, not only did he contribute hugely to an iconic moment in our history, in fact, the game we can pin point to where it all began but he then had to retire at the age of what 24/25? He did not profit from our rise as the rest did or indeed have the career length most others had - he left us on a league 2 salary.

Its a yes from me.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 09:48 - Sep 15 with 5450 viewsDarran

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 09:45 - Sep 15 by pencoedjack

We wouldn't be in the PL (as Shandy pointed out)if SS didn't score a hat trick in the PL final, Monk do a block, Forbes didn't score v Rotherham the list can go on forever.

Personally I think their are fans who have followed the club all over the country who are probably far more worthy than ex players.

Saying that I am surprised that ex players don't get freebies.

I'd imagine ex players do get freebies.

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 09:52 - Sep 15 with 5433 viewsCharsean

Well said parlay
James Thomas - season ticket for life on 10:02 - Sep 15 with 5379 viewsChief

I'm a huge James Thomas fan, don't get me wrong.

But at the end of the day, he was just doing his job. amazingly important goals, but he was getting paid for it at the time. not like he was doing it for free. his short time at the club should never be forgotten however.

where does it end? Roger Freestone would be an example of a more worthy receipient. acted above and beyond the call of duty many times over his long tenure at the club: worked for free, took pay cuts, did the managers job when they weren't capable of it and rejected offers from higher clubs

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 10:05 - Sep 15 with 5372 viewsDyfnant

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 09:22 - Sep 15 by jacksinceever

Ok - you as well then

Forbes for one

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 10:08 - Sep 15 with 5353 viewsC_jack

He is treated extremely well whenever he goes to a game, in a hospitality box most likely.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 10:08 - Sep 15 with 5353 viewsCharsean

I understand what some of your are saying but would the likes of freestone, Cusack and sinclair actually want or use a season ticket. James Thomas buys his own season ticket as he comes from Swansea and has always been a swans fan... I think some of you are forgetting his contribution to the history of the club. Our rise started with his hat trick... Without it.... Would we even have a club now
. Just my thoughts
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024