Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cemetery pub 15:19 - Jun 22 with 4020 viewsPDIDDY

Always liked going in there but on passing it today en route to littleboro, I couldn't help but think it looks like takeaway with the horrible picture outside, not very good tbh. What's all the flags up in littleboro, lancashire day or Somert? Was gonna call for a brew roccy

Gissa job

Cemetery pub on 16:00 - Jun 22 with 3925 viewsSuddenLad

Even worse news..................Wilbutts Lane chippy is boarded up.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Cemetery pub on 16:29 - Jun 22 with 3848 viewsColDale

The advert on the front is bloody awful, but pubs have to do what they can to survive these days. There used to be a Bury Road pub crawl into town. There's only the Cem and the H&H that you'd even call proper pubs left on there now.
Cemetery pub on 16:33 - Jun 22 with 3835 viewsDaveButt

The only reason the chippy is boarded up is because of a broken window. It's not shut down
Cemetery pub on 16:41 - Jun 22 with 3806 viewsfitzochris

Cemetery pub on 16:29 - Jun 22 by ColDale

The advert on the front is bloody awful, but pubs have to do what they can to survive these days. There used to be a Bury Road pub crawl into town. There's only the Cem and the H&H that you'd even call proper pubs left on there now.

I do like the Hare & Hounds. A few looseners before taking on the Directors Bitter at Bamford Bowling Club.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Cemetery pub on 19:03 - Jun 22 with 3538 viewsTalkingSutty

The Lancashire flags in the Boro don't have any particular significance, all the shops contributed a sum of money each to have one erected outside their premises.

It's seen as a way of bringing a bit of a feel good factor around the village ( Not that it needs it). They look good and have drawn many favourable comments, but not from them over t'hill.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2015 19:07]
Cemetery pub on 19:20 - Jun 22 with 3478 viewsBirchy915

Cemetery pub on 16:41 - Jun 22 by fitzochris

I do like the Hare & Hounds. A few looseners before taking on the Directors Bitter at Bamford Bowling Club.

Mate of mine owns the Hare, had it refurbished not long since, nice pub.

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

Cemetery pub on 19:48 - Jun 22 with 3418 viewsTVOS1907

Cemetery pub on 19:03 - Jun 22 by TalkingSutty

The Lancashire flags in the Boro don't have any particular significance, all the shops contributed a sum of money each to have one erected outside their premises.

It's seen as a way of bringing a bit of a feel good factor around the village ( Not that it needs it). They look good and have drawn many favourable comments, but not from them over t'hill.

You sure about that?

I heard they had put them up because roccy had got a round in.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Cemetery pub on 20:53 - Jun 22 with 3304 viewsPDIDDY

Cemetery pub on 19:03 - Jun 22 by TalkingSutty

Plenty of pubs to choose from, what's the rake tapas like ?

Gissa job

Login to get fewer ads

Cemetery pub on 20:57 - Jun 22 with 3294 viewsTalkingSutty

Cemetery pub on 19:48 - Jun 22 by TVOS1907

You sure about that?

I heard they had put them up because roccy had got a round in.

If playing snooker in the dark was an Olympic sport Roccy would win the gold medal....he can't even bring himself to put 20 pence in the slot.
Cemetery pub on 21:01 - Jun 22 with 3271 viewsTalkingSutty

Cemetery pub on 20:53 - Jun 22 by PDIDDY

It's excellent, the Tappas portions are very big so don't over order. The beer is all brewed on the premises by Mark the owner and it's potent. He sells Estrella, Sangria and a home brewed Lager and stout.

Make sure you book, it's usually very busy.
Cemetery pub on 21:03 - Jun 22 with 3263 viewsTVOS1907

Not been there since it was the basic Rake pub, but it gets decent reviews.

I believe R17 has sampled it, so he might be able to give you some details.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Cemetery pub on 21:32 - Jun 22 with 3205 viewsD_Alien

Cemetery pub on 21:01 - Jun 22 by TalkingSutty

It's excellent, the Tappas portions are very big so don't over order. The beer is all brewed on the premises by Mark the owner and it's potent. He sells Estrella, Sangria and a home brewed Lager and stout.

Make sure you book, it's usually very busy.

I can vouch for that - after massively over-ordering! Thinking we were getting normal amounts we picked out seven dishes - and the range is excellent - but four would've been enough, five max.

And the ale brewed on the premises is produced to go with tapas, which is quite unusual, but it does.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Cemetery pub on 00:15 - Jun 23 with 3015 viewsShun

Good. As someone who samples his fair share of restaurants I feel qualified to offer my opinion! There's one in Milnrow that's just as good. My favourite, though, is Simply Tapas on Bury Road, formerly The Dog & Partridge pub. It's just opposite my favourite Italian in Rochdale.
Cemetery pub on 07:17 - Jun 23 with 2945 viewsPDIDDY

Sounds like I will be giving the rake a go then, estrella is my kind of drink, so that's a bonus, see we can all get along really

Gissa job

Cemetery pub on 08:31 - Jun 23 with 2892 viewsrochedale

Always preferred La Mancha for Tapas, not tasted any better, and it's like you've somehow just stepped into Spain in there. Saying that, not been for 3 or so years so not sure if still as good.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Cemetery pub on 11:50 - Jun 23 with 2720 viewsjoecooke

Cemetery pub on 08:31 - Jun 23 by rochedale

Always preferred La Mancha for Tapas, not tasted any better, and it's like you've somehow just stepped into Spain in there. Saying that, not been for 3 or so years so not sure if still as good.

Often go in La Mancha when im over seeing the old fella and its still very good in my opinion,last in about a couple of months ago.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Cemetery pub on 14:02 - Jun 23 with 2540 viewsD_Alien

Cemetery pub on 07:17 - Jun 23 by PDIDDY

Sounds like I will be giving the rake a go then, estrella is my kind of drink, so that's a bonus, see we can all get along really

Another bonus is the quality of the waitresses - and I'm not talking about their efficiency. Or, you might prefer the good-looking waiter, who knows?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Cemetery pub on 17:21 - Jun 23 with 2370 viewsPDIDDY

Cemetery pub on 14:02 - Jun 23 by D_Alien

Another bonus is the quality of the waitresses - and I'm not talking about their efficiency. Or, you might prefer the good-looking waiter, who knows?

Gissa job

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024