Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The real embarrassment... 16:59 - Aug 22 with 10643 viewsDrizzy

...is the contingent of people on this forum who've talked all week about the Sunderland game being a walkover and an easy three points.

There's a horrible sense of arrogance and entitlement that's been creeping into this fanbase recently. Thankfully that hasn't translated to the players who battled hard against a dogged side to get a deserved point when in years previous they may have crumbled.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

The real embarrassment... on 17:45 - Aug 22 with 2059 viewsmorningstar

The real embarrassment... on 17:40 - Aug 22 by lifelong

No, Welsh.

No it's not. That would be 'hunanfodlun'. And in French it's 'satisfait'.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

The real embarrassment... on 17:57 - Aug 22 with 2016 viewsjack247

The original post would have been a lot more meaningful had he not waited for the result before piping up.

Yes, there is an arrogance and sense of entitlement creeping in with some of our fans, but that's understandable when we really are starting to look like a competitive, cohesive unit. Let's be fair, it should have been an easy 3 points today. Sunderland dug in and showed plenty of fighting spirit, but we were comfortably the better team. That Ayew header goes in and its game over.

They are far from relegation certainties if they play like that every week though. There are plenty of teams that won't outclass them.
The real embarrassment... on 18:18 - Aug 22 with 1980 viewsDrizzy

Think a few people need to brush up on their definition of arrogance. I certainly expected us to win today and was a bit disappointed with the result. Yes on paper we should have smashed them (if only all games were played on paper, eh?) but we didn't create anywhere near enough chances to put them away. We snatched one before the break but after that it was only Ayew who had a clear cut opportunity to score. They were very deep and stopped us getting in behind so the onus was on the likes of Sigurdsson to open them up but he failed to do so today.

The real embarrassment... on 18:33 - Aug 22 with 1932 viewsmorningstar

The real embarrassment... on 18:18 - Aug 22 by Drizzy

Think a few people need to brush up on their definition of arrogance. I certainly expected us to win today and was a bit disappointed with the result. Yes on paper we should have smashed them (if only all games were played on paper, eh?) but we didn't create anywhere near enough chances to put them away. We snatched one before the break but after that it was only Ayew who had a clear cut opportunity to score. They were very deep and stopped us getting in behind so the onus was on the likes of Sigurdsson to open them up but he failed to do so today.

Hang on? So your actually having a pop at people for typing on a football message board what you really privately thought yourself? Cool operator you are eh?
[Post edited 22 Aug 2015 18:34]

The real embarrassment... on 18:36 - Aug 22 with 1924 viewsjack247

The real embarrassment... on 18:18 - Aug 22 by Drizzy

You sure? Gomis header from Monteros cross was as clear cut as it gets. Took a stunning save to keep it out. Siggy and Ayew both had two decent chances from the edge of the box and didn't quite catch them cleanly. If I haven't missed anything, thats six decent chances as well as the goal.
The real embarrassment... on 18:39 - Aug 22 with 1910 viewsDrizzy

The real embarrassment... on 18:33 - Aug 22 by morningstar

Hang on? So your actually having a pop at people for typing on a football message board what you really privately thought yourself? Cool operator you are eh?
[Post edited 22 Aug 2015 18:34]

I'm having a pop at people for being arrogant tw*ts, not for predicting us to beat Sunderland.

Try again.

The real embarrassment... on 18:40 - Aug 22 with 1910 viewsbuilthjack

2-0 against Man Utd. We will be up for it big time. Confident.
It's not arrogance, it's having belief in your team.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The real embarrassment... on 18:41 - Aug 22 with 1895 viewsDrizzy

The real embarrassment... on 18:36 - Aug 22 by jack247

You sure? Gomis header from Monteros cross was as clear cut as it gets. Took a stunning save to keep it out. Siggy and Ayew both had two decent chances from the edge of the box and didn't quite catch them cleanly. If I haven't missed anything, thats six decent chances as well as the goal.

Was a good save not quite as stunning as the commentary made it out to be but the chance should have been buried.

The shooting from outside the box was poor today, they were nothing more than pot shots.

Login to get fewer ads

The real embarrassment... on 18:42 - Aug 22 with 1882 viewsraynor94

The real embarrassment... on 17:26 - Aug 22 by Darran

And I do.

And I do, the new breed are embarrassing

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The real embarrassment... on 18:46 - Aug 22 with 1854 viewsperchrockjack

There again , at least arrogance is better than the lil,old Swansea crap attitude many still have.

Feck sky, feck savage and bt Lawro too, we need to front up as fans and big up instead of this pitiful meek inferiority complex we have.

Sunderland out of jail,today and result doesn't cover over their crevasses.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The real embarrassment... on 18:54 - Aug 22 with 1810 viewsjack247

The real embarrassment... on 18:41 - Aug 22 by Drizzy

Was a good save not quite as stunning as the commentary made it out to be but the chance should have been buried.

The shooting from outside the box was poor today, they were nothing more than pot shots.

The finishing let us down. We created more than enough chances.
The real embarrassment... on 18:56 - Aug 22 with 1801 viewsmorningstar

The real embarrassment... on 18:39 - Aug 22 by Drizzy

I'm having a pop at people for being arrogant tw*ts, not for predicting us to beat Sunderland.

Try again.

I don't think I do need too try again tbh Driz. Every message board has a % of fans who are quite deluded, mostly kids. But your inference that this week has seen it reach epidemic proportions is quite wide of the mark. You thought we'd win, most on here did also, and quite simply, we should have. No need to make a big drama out of it is there!

The real embarrassment... on 19:01 - Aug 22 with 1777 views3swan

We have a squad good enough to finish in the top 10 comfortably. We should be going to Sunderland with enough to get the 3 points.

Football isn't that easy though a bounce of a ball can change everything. Today from what could have been 2-0 was 1-1 within minutes.

Well organised teams or team showing some fight can get results, but over a season the better footballing teams finish higher
The real embarrassment... on 19:05 - Aug 22 with 1757 viewstomdickharry

As the season rolls on Sunderland will be no easy game especially at their place,why don't we go and pinch Defoe off them before the transfer window closes,still a top class striker who would thrive in our team.
The real embarrassment... on 19:08 - Aug 22 with 1743 viewsDrizzy

The real embarrassment... on 18:56 - Aug 22 by morningstar

I don't think I do need too try again tbh Driz. Every message board has a % of fans who are quite deluded, mostly kids. But your inference that this week has seen it reach epidemic proportions is quite wide of the mark. You thought we'd win, most on here did also, and quite simply, we should have. No need to make a big drama out of it is there!

Take one look at the prediction thread, pal. Plenty of examples of unbridled arrogance. Makes us look silly and we consistently laugh at the "billy big b*llocks" attitude of the so called big clubs yet indulge in it ourselves after just two games of the season. Not making a big drama, just generating a discussion after a relatively benign 1-1 draw.

The real embarrassment... on 19:08 - Aug 22 with 1612 viewsMrSwerve

We aren't allowed to believe that we have a fantastic squad and should be smashing at least 10 of the teams in the premier league mun.

We're little ole Swansea and we need to be aiming for 17th and 40 points!

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The real embarrassment... on 19:09 - Aug 22 with 1611 viewsDrizzy

The real embarrassment... on 19:08 - Aug 22 by MrSwerve

We aren't allowed to believe that we have a fantastic squad and should be smashing at least 10 of the teams in the premier league mun.

We're little ole Swansea and we need to be aiming for 17th and 40 points!

Silly extrapolation. Claiming we shouldn't be arrogant is not the equivalent of being happy with 17th place. Try again.

The real embarrassment... on 19:11 - Aug 22 with 1600 viewsMrSwerve

The real embarrassment... on 19:09 - Aug 22 by Drizzy

Silly extrapolation. Claiming we shouldn't be arrogant is not the equivalent of being happy with 17th place. Try again.

You would probably say a 2-0 win prediction would be arrogant.

Wish I had a cool tag line to put at the end of my posts.

The real embarrassment... on 19:13 - Aug 22 with 1590 viewsPhil_S

The real embarrassment... on 19:05 - Aug 22 by tomdickharry

As the season rolls on Sunderland will be no easy game especially at their place,why don't we go and pinch Defoe off them before the transfer window closes,still a top class striker who would thrive in our team.

I read this several times before I drew the conclusion that you are probably serious.
The real embarrassment... on 19:13 - Aug 22 with 1589 viewsDeerhunter

The real embarrassment... on 17:25 - Aug 22 by skippyjack

You swear Sunderland were any good.. we should've won 4-1.. it's not arrogance.. we dominated the game.

Not every chance you have deserves a goal mate there.

On the balance of play, I honestly think a point was fair. We should have had a penalty, Fletcher missed a couple of good chances, Lens tore Naughton up all game.

Then you had plenty of chances as well.

Fair result. Don't let the fact you thought you were going to win all week blind what happened in the match.
The real embarrassment... on 19:13 - Aug 22 with 1589 viewsDrizzy

The real embarrassment... on 19:11 - Aug 22 by MrSwerve

You would probably say a 2-0 win prediction would be arrogant.

Wish I had a cool tag line to put at the end of my posts.

Nope. Claiming we can break our record result away from home is just a tad cocky.

The real embarrassment... on 19:15 - Aug 22 with 1569 viewsjackrabbit

Absolutely spot on! Defoe alongside or instead of Gomis, flanked by Montero and Ayew - now that would get the juices racing. I'd rather spend money on Defoe than 15m quid on Austin.
The real embarrassment... on 19:17 - Aug 22 with 1558 viewsMrSwerve

The real embarrassment... on 19:13 - Aug 22 by Drizzy

Nope. Claiming we can break our record result away from home is just a tad cocky.

That's different. On paper we should have won today, and if some of our chances managed to creep in, we would have.

That said, I'm very happy with an away draw in any premier league game. Towards April, Sunderland will be looking down, we will be looking up, that much is obvious.

The real embarrassment... on 19:18 - Aug 22 with 1552 viewsDeerhunter

You can have him mate. Decent player of course, but cannot play in the lone striker role what so ever, and is unhappy t be shunted out wide (fair enough) added to that hes 32 and on 70k, think we'd be delighted to get him off the wage bill
The real embarrassment... on 19:19 - Aug 22 with 1549 viewsjack247

The real embarrassment... on 19:13 - Aug 22 by Deerhunter

Not every chance you have deserves a goal mate there.

On the balance of play, I honestly think a point was fair. We should have had a penalty, Fletcher missed a couple of good chances, Lens tore Naughton up all game.

Then you had plenty of chances as well.

Fair result. Don't let the fact you thought you were going to win all week blind what happened in the match.

To be fair, on the replay I did think it was a penalty against Ash. Lens could have had 3 yellow cards though.

Game should have been over by half time and probably would have been had Ayews header gone in. After that, I thought Sunderland probably shaded it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024