Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terrible 17:07 - Oct 24 with 21634 views1907

Negative. Boring. Anti football. Bad.
Terrible on 18:30 - Oct 24 with 3518 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Terrible on 17:41 - Oct 24 by BartRowou

Derbies might not suit our passing game but there are so many of them that we need a plan B.
Plan B cannot be rolling it around the back four for Lancashire to eventually lollipop one up to one of their centre halves to head away.

SPOT SPOT ON BART LAD!
Terrible on 18:33 - Oct 24 with 3504 viewsmidlandsdale

Are we now getting to the point where Hilly is starting to lose it like he did at Barnsley? I ask the question because somebody needs to.

He is playing good players out of position like Allen and Camps. Refuses to see that Lancashire isn't up to it when he has a better option on the bench in Eastham, and doesn't seem to know his best starting 11. Add to that the playing of a clearly unfit Vince today and it all seems a bit out of sync.

I am a massive fan of what Hilly has done at the club but it doesn't mean that he should be free from criticism if its due. I noted a few weeks ago in one of the interviews that he took the time to tell us all that he is the best manager we have ever had and ever will have. Leave it out Keith its boring, and we already know that.

Not sure what he is trying to say with his grand protestations of greatness, but maybe its a don't tell me how to do my job threat to those just trying to help. Listening is also a great attribute and I think he needs to do more of that right now. I hope his staff don't feel that they are not allowed to have an opinion for fear of retribution.

Hopefully our attacking no fear team will at some point return, as losing 3-2 at Sheff Utd was far more exciting than the turgid game today!
Terrible on 18:38 - Oct 24 with 3478 viewsrod_leach

It's only four days on from a great game against Coventry, one of the best 0-0 I've seen for years. We created enough chances to win that and the same today. We're just missing that final touch. Can't expect every game to be amazing football.
Terrible on 18:42 - Oct 24 with 3452 views442Dale

Terrible on 18:38 - Oct 24 by rod_leach

It's only four days on from a great game against Coventry, one of the best 0-0 I've seen for years. We created enough chances to win that and the same today. We're just missing that final touch. Can't expect every game to be amazing football.

Very true and as others have said, if the Alessandra chance goes in then it's a different game.

Let's not get too emotional, there's not too much wrong and it's a couple of selection and tactical issues that should be raising debate, we'll get it right again.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Terrible on 18:44 - Oct 24 with 3435 viewsroccydaleian

Terrible on 18:33 - Oct 24 by midlandsdale

Are we now getting to the point where Hilly is starting to lose it like he did at Barnsley? I ask the question because somebody needs to.

He is playing good players out of position like Allen and Camps. Refuses to see that Lancashire isn't up to it when he has a better option on the bench in Eastham, and doesn't seem to know his best starting 11. Add to that the playing of a clearly unfit Vince today and it all seems a bit out of sync.

I am a massive fan of what Hilly has done at the club but it doesn't mean that he should be free from criticism if its due. I noted a few weeks ago in one of the interviews that he took the time to tell us all that he is the best manager we have ever had and ever will have. Leave it out Keith its boring, and we already know that.

Not sure what he is trying to say with his grand protestations of greatness, but maybe its a don't tell me how to do my job threat to those just trying to help. Listening is also a great attribute and I think he needs to do more of that right now. I hope his staff don't feel that they are not allowed to have an opinion for fear of retribution.

Hopefully our attacking no fear team will at some point return, as losing 3-2 at Sheff Utd was far more exciting than the turgid game today!

Some fair comments... But look where Barnsley are now. Wouldn't surprise me if L.J. is sacked in the morning..
Terrible on 19:08 - Oct 24 with 3317 viewsD_Alien

Terrible on 18:33 - Oct 24 by midlandsdale

No, we're in nothing like that position, but you've got every right to ask the question.

Sticking Allen out wide isn't that different in terms of impact on our performance than sticking Bunney at full-back, but we still finished in our highest ever league position.

The fact is, he's got it made at Rochdale, and can tinker around with the team and tactics to his heart's content. His head is telling him he's better than what we can give him in terms of infrastructure, and therein lies the problem. It's a good problem, but means there will always be a conflict within him and he struggles to hide this when he's being interviewed.

I think his head is probably wrong; that's he's not significantly better than what we have to offer, but remains a very good - possibly great, manager - with our type of resources. If he could only come to terms with that himself, he could be even better and cut out some of the over-complications he imposes on the team.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Terrible on 19:42 - Oct 24 with 3180 viewsNinco

Three games now where we've not scored a goal. I don't know what they do in training, but you would think if it keeps ending up 0-0, they would do some shooting practice and some work on creating chances.
Terrible on 19:53 - Oct 24 with 3132 viewsTalkingSutty

Terrible on 19:42 - Oct 24 by Ninco

Three games now where we've not scored a goal. I don't know what they do in training, but you would think if it keeps ending up 0-0, they would do some shooting practice and some work on creating chances.

Under Keith Hill we have never struggled to score goals.The drought won't last,dont worry about that.
Login to get fewer ads

Terrible on 19:55 - Oct 24 with 3117 viewsSuddenLad

Terrible on 18:44 - Oct 24 by roccydaleian

Some fair comments... But look where Barnsley are now. Wouldn't surprise me if L.J. is sacked in the morning..

Far from being sacked, they've just allowed him to sign another player this morning on-loan from Southampton.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Terrible on 19:59 - Oct 24 with 3096 viewsstuartcryer

I agree two Derby two shocking performances, we are lacking telling balls but McDermott was on bench , we need a goal scorer quickly

wardle blue

Terrible on 20:18 - Oct 24 with 3022 viewsNinco

Terrible on 19:59 - Oct 24 by stuartcryer

I agree two Derby two shocking performances, we are lacking telling balls but McDermott was on bench , we need a goal scorer quickly

Hendo used to be relied upon to get the goals regularly, but they seem to have stopped now. Calvin Andrew for me is a target man and can never be relied on to get 20 a season which is what we need from an out and out goalscorer. Bunney looks out of his depth.
Terrible on 20:59 - Oct 24 with 2904 viewsstuartcryer

Hendo needs to be pushed back up op ,alas señora , bunny and Andrew are not div 1 standard we need to move them on and bring in fresh talent

wardle blue

Terrible on 21:03 - Oct 24 with 2885 viewsdalenumber2

Terrible on 20:59 - Oct 24 by stuartcryer

Hendo needs to be pushed back up op ,alas señora , bunny and Andrew are not div 1 standard we need to move them on and bring in fresh talent

Andrew is one of our key players now - I thought he was our best player when he came on today. Great hold-up play and some good defending too when it was needed. There are several players I would prefer to move on before him.
Terrible on 21:15 - Oct 24 with 2820 viewsmacro

Christ some people talk absolute shite. How is Hill losing it? Hill has had three clean sheets in a row after everyone was clambering for it to be sorted. Yes attacking wise we’re looking a little lacklustre at the mo but people we are four points of the play offs and overachieving in a division where financially we should be relegation fodder.
Terrible on 21:26 - Oct 24 with 2776 viewsstuartcryer

Andrews did more defending than our defenders, I agree he should defend but he should also be our main man when our ball comes out of defence, at moment we defend with 11 players behind the ball with no forward outlet which makes it easier for opposition to win the ball and put us under pressure again, simple rules of football

wardle blue

Terrible on 21:43 - Oct 24 with 2579 viewsNewbury_Dale

Disappointed with the team selection today - felt like square pegs in round holes. Allen playing left midfield and Hendo playing first in a withdrawn role and then out wide. Didn't work for me at all.

Lancashire and McNulty are on the ball too much. Too much sideways and backwards passing between the defenders.

Agree with the opening post, plenty of possession in the wrong areas and no cutting edge. I was bored.
Terrible on 21:47 - Oct 24 with 2565 viewsrochedale

Absolutely flabbergasted by comments. Admittedly, skipped the last few comments.

The only thing lacking today was a final ball.

Get real Dale fans, seriously, get back in the real world, what you are expecting is far above reality.

3 clean sheets, up the Dale!

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Terrible on 21:52 - Oct 24 with 2548 viewsfitzochris

While I'm pleased we haven't lost or conceded a goal for three games, there does come a time when you wonder when it's time to start winning again.

Is promotion the aim this season, or are we to be happy with not being relegated? Do we have the right personnel for the former?

It's hard to tell. As others have posted, the set-up today was a little baffling and so it played out.

Can't hear a bad word about Andrew, though. Does the necessary stuff at both ends of the pitch.

Very tough away game to come, down at Southend, and then the distraction of the FA Cup. Hopefully at least one of those games yields a win.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Terrible on 21:57 - Oct 24 with 2518 viewsroccydaleian

Terrible on 21:52 - Oct 24 by fitzochris

While I'm pleased we haven't lost or conceded a goal for three games, there does come a time when you wonder when it's time to start winning again.

Is promotion the aim this season, or are we to be happy with not being relegated? Do we have the right personnel for the former?

It's hard to tell. As others have posted, the set-up today was a little baffling and so it played out.

Can't hear a bad word about Andrew, though. Does the necessary stuff at both ends of the pitch.

Very tough away game to come, down at Southend, and then the distraction of the FA Cup. Hopefully at least one of those games yields a win.

Why is the FA Cup a distraction?
Terrible on 21:58 - Oct 24 with 2512 viewsfrenzied

Terrible on 21:52 - Oct 24 by fitzochris

salford city at home would be great.

Altrincham would be another one for me.
Terrible on 22:01 - Oct 24 with 2497 viewsfitzochris

Terrible on 21:57 - Oct 24 by roccydaleian

Why is the FA Cup a distraction?

From the league. If we don't win at Southend it's a longer spell until there is another chance to have a crack at a win.

I'm not devaluing the cup. I love the FA Cup. It would be great to go into it on the back of a league win.

Terrible on 22:06 - Oct 24 with 2472 viewsfitzochris

Terrible on 21:58 - Oct 24 by frenzied

salford city at home would be great.

Altrincham would be another one for me.

So long as it isn't FCUM again.

Terrible on 22:18 - Oct 24 with 2439 viewsroccydaleian

Terrible on 22:06 - Oct 24 by fitzochris

So long as it isn't FCUM again.

Would love another crack at beating them w@nkers. FCSCUM are turds..
Terrible on 22:20 - Oct 24 with 2432 viewsfitzochris

Terrible on 22:18 - Oct 24 by roccydaleian

Would love another crack at beating them w@nkers. FCSCUM are turds..

There is that. And the fact they'd bring a few. But I'm still haunted by the injustice of that late goal and Hilly singing along to their 'anthems'.

Terrible on 22:43 - Oct 24 with 2330 viewsrochedale

Regardless of the result, last ball, lack of scoring, you have to admire to the confidence of balls under pressure, the short inter-play and the desire to at least try and play football..

Some guy, 1 row up and 2 seats to the right, shouted at Andy Cannon today "and you call yourself a footballer?"

I turned to look at him, in disgust, and his missus gave me a wry smile as if to say "yes, he's not got a clue what he is on about and never kicked a ball in his life." That was his wife, I assume.

The football is still great, the quality on display from our team is far superior to that of the last 20+ years. Don't be too harsh on them just because we are only just in the top half of league one. 3 clean sheets. If Lewis had of kept his shot down early on it would be a different story now.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024