Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Williams' replacement 14:15 - Aug 9 with 9274 viewsDexterMorgan

Assuming VDH was bought as 3/4 choice rather than a starter, what are our realistic options:-

Caulker
Chester
Mboji
Denayer
Chambers
Random Italian Guy
[Post edited 9 Aug 2016 14:16]
Williams' replacement on 14:18 - Aug 9 with 5544 viewsJack_y_Jwc

Is there a recall clause in Kyle Bartley's contract?!

Williams' replacement on 14:21 - Aug 9 with 5501 viewsBanosswan

Williams' replacement on 14:18 - Aug 9 by Jack_y_Jwc

Is there a recall clause in Kyle Bartley's contract?!

Hopefully fin not!

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Williams' replacement on 14:23 - Aug 9 with 5467 viewsjack247

It looks like Amat and Fernandez with VdH as backup. Possibly promote Rodon or bring in another 4th choice.

I doubt we will be spending significantly on a centre back
Williams' replacement on 14:23 - Aug 9 with 5467 viewsjasper_T

There is but it's expensive (due to the fee Leeds paid us) and we won't use it except in case of absolute disaster.

And due to registration rules we would need to activate it now or in January.
Williams' replacement on 14:30 - Aug 9 with 5415 viewsyescomeon

Williams' replacement on 14:23 - Aug 9 by jack247

It looks like Amat and Fernandez with VdH as backup. Possibly promote Rodon or bring in another 4th choice.

I doubt we will be spending significantly on a centre back

I'm happy enough to chance it like this myself, bigger question is who is captain Gylfi, or Rangel/Britton when they play.

Upthecity!

Williams' replacement on 14:31 - Aug 9 with 5409 viewsDexterMorgan

Personally hope that Bartley doesn't get anywhere near our starting XI again. Another name into the mix could be Bruno Manga from up the road? Wonder if he'd do the swim away if we beg him enough times.
Williams' replacement on 14:33 - Aug 9 with 5381 viewsjack247

Williams' replacement on 14:30 - Aug 9 by yescomeon

I'm happy enough to chance it like this myself, bigger question is who is captain Gylfi, or Rangel/Britton when they play.

I'd say Cork to be honest, if not Gylfi. Would expect Rangel and Leon to play, but not regularly enough to be captain
Williams' replacement on 14:33 - Aug 9 with 5374 viewsJonnyTheJack

No point in spending big on a centre back. Think FG feels confident with Amat and Fernandez doing well at the end of last season, plus VDH. No point in buying another center back who won't get nearly enough playing time. I think Huw said he wants to give the younger lads a chance to get playing time so yeah one of the Under 21s might get game time in the cups etc
Login to get fewer ads

Williams' replacement on 14:34 - Aug 9 with 5361 viewsjasper_T

Long term Jack Cork. Britton would be the sentimental pick but hopefully he doesn't play regularly (same with Rangel).

Gylfi can have it if it makes him feel special.
Williams' replacement on 14:36 - Aug 9 with 5353 viewsairedale

Williams' replacement on 14:21 - Aug 9 by Banosswan

Hopefully fin not!

If you hadn't typed that Banos, someone else would have. Guaranteed.
Williams' replacement on 14:38 - Aug 9 with 5329 viewscrix

Caulker
Chester
Mboji
Denayer
Chambers
Random Italian Guy

well quite honestly I hope its not caulker, and as much as chester played well in the euros I hope its not him. as for mbodji, denayer and chambers. well chambers isn't going to leave arsenal now with their defence already in taters from injury. I can see denayer heading back to galatasary. I think we might of missed the boat to get mbodji his £6.2m release cause had to be triggered by august 5th, so can see him going for a lot more now.
random Italian guy it is then
Williams' replacement on 14:45 - Aug 9 with 5270 viewsyescomeon

Will hopefully get to more games this season so will have a better perspective but I have to admit I've not seen what makes Cork choice for captain. I plumped for Gylfi more as a leading by example inspirational captain. He's our best player and a model pro.

Upthecity!

Williams' replacement on 14:54 - Aug 9 with 5191 viewsdobjack2

It's Amat. Taking a big chance without getting one but I don't expect one.
Williams' replacement on 14:59 - Aug 9 with 5142 viewsTheKirkyLife

The replacement is Amat.

As for Captain Gylfi/Cork for me.
Williams' replacement on 15:17 - Aug 9 with 4998 viewscrix

Williams' replacement on 14:59 - Aug 9 by TheKirkyLife

The replacement is Amat.

As for Captain Gylfi/Cork for me.

well yeah it probably is amat but we do need a n other as a spare in case we get injuries or our 2 from amat, fede and vdh turn out to be useless.
Williams' replacement on 15:28 - Aug 9 with 4936 viewstomdickharry

Williams' replacement on 14:33 - Aug 9 by JonnyTheJack

No point in spending big on a centre back. Think FG feels confident with Amat and Fernandez doing well at the end of last season, plus VDH. No point in buying another center back who won't get nearly enough playing time. I think Huw said he wants to give the younger lads a chance to get playing time so yeah one of the Under 21s might get game time in the cups etc

Going into a PL season with little or no PL experience at centre back outside Fernandez is just asking for trouble.
Williams' replacement on 15:34 - Aug 9 with 4869 viewsexiledinenglandjack

I'd go in for Ragnar Sigurdsson from Kuban, i think the fee of £6m was touted, a good age and a proven international. Scores a few too which is a bonus
Williams' replacement on 15:37 - Aug 9 with 4829 viewsEasternJack

Williams' replacement on 15:28 - Aug 9 by tomdickharry

Going into a PL season with little or no PL experience at centre back outside Fernandez is just asking for trouble.

No. Asking for trouble would be appointing Garry Monk as manager and letting him hire James Beatty and Kris O'Leary for his coaching team.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Williams' replacement on 15:40 - Aug 9 with 4791 viewsHugeEnkins

Williams' replacement on 15:34 - Aug 9 by exiledinenglandjack

I'd go in for Ragnar Sigurdsson from Kuban, i think the fee of £6m was touted, a good age and a proven international. Scores a few too which is a bonus

What about Ragnar Lothbrok? natural leader he is too
Williams' replacement on 15:52 - Aug 9 with 4706 viewsdobjack2

Williams' replacement on 15:40 - Aug 9 by HugeEnkins

Didn't he go to York where he sustained a career ending injury?
Williams' replacement on 16:04 - Aug 9 with 4645 viewscrix

Williams' replacement on 15:52 - Aug 9 by dobjack2

Didn't he go to York where he sustained a career ending injury?

nah that was the grand old duke.
Williams' replacement on 16:11 - Aug 9 with 4610 viewsvetchonian

Williams' replacement on 15:28 - Aug 9 by tomdickharry

Amat has made 31 apperances in the PL which is alomost a full season, Fedde has 2 seasons under his belt,behind them a good keeper with PL experience and in front of them the likes of Leon, Jack Cork.

Chico had no PL experience did he?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Williams' replacement on 16:21 - Aug 9 with 4531 viewsstid

Only should be replaced for a top CB Stefan De Vrij (Lazio) Martins Indi (Porto) Caceres (Free) , players like chester and caulker are not replacements.
Williams' replacement on 16:25 - Aug 9 with 4509 viewsairedale

Williams' replacement on 15:40 - Aug 9 by HugeEnkins

Where is Ragnar btw, he should be back on my telly by now. Probably knackered himself, having 2 wives an all.
Williams' replacement on 16:41 - Aug 9 with 4418 viewsHugeEnkins

Williams' replacement on 16:25 - Aug 9 by airedale

Where is Ragnar btw, he should be back on my telly by now. Probably knackered himself, having 2 wives an all.

Dunno. Maybe the Western Fail can do a report on why he didn't do the swim away against the French?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024