Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. 22:16 - May 4 with 12456 viewsNeathJack

Apologies for the fact it's The Sun.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8999513/wayne-routledge-stay-swansea-tal
Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 11:54 - May 5 with 1744 viewsthornabyswan

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 11:51 - May 5 by TailGunner

You can't take everything said in press conferences as gospel by anyone at any club. I've said this to you all season.
It's all smoke and mirrors.

No way will any manager speak out about contract issues that are totally out of his control.

Routledge has loads to offer this squad, he's proven it over & over.
Only if we can afford though, which probably kills it stone dead.

Routeledge would more than likely take a drop in wages.
But this has the same feel as Rangel last season.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 12:01 - May 5 with 1721 viewsexiledclaseboy

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 11:18 - May 5 by jasper_T

Don't know if this makes me think better or worse of Potter as a manager, given that this was his usual press conference answer during the early weeks of the season:

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/potter-happy-wing-trio

“They are very much part of the group and they are available for selection.”

Towing the official line in public, Jasp. It’s what employees have to do sometimes.

Poll: Tory leader

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 12:11 - May 5 with 1684 viewsdobjack2

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 11:54 - May 5 by thornabyswan

If he were to stay he would undoubtedly have to take a major drop in wages, however it does have a Rangel feel about the lack of communication. It’s as if our owners don’t want to give contracts to anyone over a certain age and are intent on pushing them out.

Short sighted as so many have posted.
Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 12:16 - May 5 with 1666 viewsjasper_T

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 12:01 - May 5 by exiledclaseboy

Towing the official line in public, Jasp. It’s what employees have to do sometimes.

Plenty of managers will avoid attaching themselves to the party position either by having a whinge, refusing to answer, or getting huffy with the journos asking the questions. Many on here wanted him to do just that and start having digs at the owners in press conferences.

Perhaps he is the spineless yes man some have accused him of being.
Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 12:18 - May 5 with 1661 viewsthornabyswan

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 12:11 - May 5 by dobjack2

If he were to stay he would undoubtedly have to take a major drop in wages, however it does have a Rangel feel about the lack of communication. It’s as if our owners don’t want to give contracts to anyone over a certain age and are intent on pushing them out.

Yet they sign Rooney and are reportedly after Ashley Williams for DC
Be nice if our club was owned by someone who gave a toss or at least pretended to.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 12:21 - May 5 with 1653 viewsexiledclaseboy

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 12:16 - May 5 by jasper_T

Plenty of managers will avoid attaching themselves to the party position either by having a whinge, refusing to answer, or getting huffy with the journos asking the questions. Many on here wanted him to do just that and start having digs at the owners in press conferences.

Or perhaps he deals with things differently to other managers. I’ve no idea if he’s a “yes man” or not. You’d probably know more about that than me.

Poll: Tory leader

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 12:24 - May 5 with 1631 viewsTailGunner

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 12:21 - May 5 by exiledclaseboy

Or perhaps he deals with things differently to other managers. I’ve no idea if he’s a “yes man” or not. You’d probably know more about that than me.

Jas has been having sly digs at him since he came in win or lose.

Very strange. He's not alone though.
Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 12:25 - May 5 with 1629 viewsjasper_T

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 12:18 - May 5 by thornabyswan

Yet they sign Rooney and are reportedly after Ashley Williams for DC
Be nice if our club was owned by someone who gave a toss or at least pretended to.

Levein's DC group owns 100% of that club and there's all sorts of salary caps and central contracts keeping them solvent and secure in a division without relegation. They're a much safer investment than Swansea City, where only 60% of any investment they make can come back to them in dividends, and they've already lost tens of millions from the value of their original purchase due to dropping out of the Premier League, despite £70m of new players brought in.
Login to get fewer ads

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 12:27 - May 5 with 1616 viewsjasper_T

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 12:21 - May 5 by exiledclaseboy

I thought I had him pegged as an honest sort making some naive tactical mistakes and sticking to his misfiring guns with goalkeepers. As this thread shows I was very wrong about him, and should have fallen in with what the itks were saying.
Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 12:30 - May 5 with 1603 viewslondonlisa2001

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 12:16 - May 5 by jasper_T

Oh dear Jasper. Routs’ interview wasn’t anticipated was it...

Scramble, scramble...
Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 12:30 - May 5 with 1601 viewsUxbridge

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 11:54 - May 5 by thornabyswan

I dunno. I don't think we had any real desire to keep Rangel, with Naughton and Roberts on the books. I sense a different mindset regarding Routs.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 12:33 - May 5 with 1593 viewslondonlisa2001

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 12:25 - May 5 by jasper_T

Levein's DC group owns 100% of that club and there's all sorts of salary caps and central contracts keeping them solvent and secure in a division without relegation. They're a much safer investment than Swansea City, where only 60% of any investment they make can come back to them in dividends, and they've already lost tens of millions from the value of their original purchase due to dropping out of the Premier League, despite £70m of new players brought in.

Don’t know why you keep repeating the 60% figure. You know it to be false.
Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 12:33 - May 5 with 1592 viewsjasper_T

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 12:24 - May 5 by TailGunner

Jas has been having sly digs at him since he came in win or lose.

Very strange. He's not alone though.

Don't think my digs have been "sly". I called his starting lineup on the first day of the season a "blunder". Win or lose there's always things to talk about, football matches are more than just a final score.
Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 12:35 - May 5 with 1583 viewslondonlisa2001

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 12:33 - May 5 by jasper_T

Don't think my digs have been "sly". I called his starting lineup on the first day of the season a "blunder". Win or lose there's always things to talk about, football matches are more than just a final score.

You’ve criticised Potter about anything and everything all season.

Nothing sly though, you’re right. It’s been blatant.
Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 12:37 - May 5 with 1574 viewsTailGunner

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 12:33 - May 5 by jasper_T

Tried praising the manager without a barb?

Dont think so.

Whatever floats your boat Jas
Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 12:45 - May 5 with 1549 viewsdobjack2

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 12:25 - May 5 by jasper_T

Doesn’t change the fact that they don’t appear to give a flying one about our club or supporters.
Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 12:51 - May 5 with 1533 views34dfgdf54

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 11:18 - May 5 by jasper_T

Don't know if this makes me think better or worse of Potter as a manager, given that this was his usual press conference answer during the early weeks of the season:

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/potter-happy-wing-trio

“They are very much part of the group and they are available for selection.”

Knew this was coming..

What did you think he would say. Would he be legally allowed to talk about clauses in a players contract even if he wanted too?

He was fit, available for selection, he was part of the group, he just wasn’t able to pick him due to reasons out of his control / above him. It was obvious throughout it all.
Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 13:07 - May 5 with 1500 viewskarnataka

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 12:11 - May 5 by dobjack2

Wayne has played at a decent level for most of his career with the likes of Palace, Spurs, Villa Newcastle & Swans so has probably earned in excess of £20m in the last 12 or so years and like many pros, he and his family should be well set up for the rest of his life. I'm sure he's astute enough to know he's not going to get a lucrative contract anywhere else so if he wants to stay in Swansea and play football rather than just earning yet more money, surely you'd think that some sort of deal can be sorted.
Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 13:09 - May 5 with 1500 viewsjasper_T

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 12:51 - May 5 by 34dfgdf54

Knew this was coming..

What did you think he would say. Would he be legally allowed to talk about clauses in a players contract even if he wanted too?

He was fit, available for selection, he was part of the group, he just wasn’t able to pick him due to reasons out of his control / above him. It was obvious throughout it all.

I think he should not use the words "available for selection" when a player is not available for selection, whatever the reason for it might be. I'm not saying he had to explain why they weren't available. Just don't tell an outright lie in press statements. Routledge and Dyer must have been fuming hearing it, however often he said they were nice guys and training well.

There are plenty of issues he avoided talking about, and plenty he straightforwardly said "I won't talk about that". But he was consistent in his answers about omitted players, saying they were available to him. Twice a week certain journos would ask the same questions in the press conference, and he would apparently always lie.
Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 13:12 - May 5 with 1490 viewslondonlisa2001

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 13:09 - May 5 by jasper_T

I think he should not use the words "available for selection" when a player is not available for selection, whatever the reason for it might be. I'm not saying he had to explain why they weren't available. Just don't tell an outright lie in press statements. Routledge and Dyer must have been fuming hearing it, however often he said they were nice guys and training well.

There are plenty of issues he avoided talking about, and plenty he straightforwardly said "I won't talk about that". But he was consistent in his answers about omitted players, saying they were available to him. Twice a week certain journos would ask the same questions in the press conference, and he would apparently always lie.

“he would apparently always lie”

You meant to say “apparently always say what he was told to say by the people that employ him”

I assume.
Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 13:12 - May 5 with 1489 viewsTailGunner

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 13:09 - May 5 by jasper_T

He was selected the game after you put the link up.

You are embarrassing yourself Jas
Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 13:15 - May 5 with 1476 viewsdobjack2

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 13:07 - May 5 by karnataka

Wayne has played at a decent level for most of his career with the likes of Palace, Spurs, Villa Newcastle & Swans so has probably earned in excess of £20m in the last 12 or so years and like many pros, he and his family should be well set up for the rest of his life. I'm sure he's astute enough to know he's not going to get a lucrative contract anywhere else so if he wants to stay in Swansea and play football rather than just earning yet more money, surely you'd think that some sort of deal can be sorted.

Agree but both sides need to want a deal to happen. Hopefully someone can talk some sense into those American fwits.
Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 13:19 - May 5 with 1466 viewsjasper_T

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 13:12 - May 5 by londonlisa2001

“he would apparently always lie”

You meant to say “apparently always say what he was told to say by the people that employ him”

I assume.

A lie you're told to tell is still a lie.
Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 13:21 - May 5 with 1465 viewsMrSwerve

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 13:07 - May 5 by karnataka

I very much doubt that Routs has made £20m+. Probably more like 10 (the pauper! ).

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 13:22 - May 5 with 1460 viewsjasper_T

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 13:12 - May 5 by TailGunner

He was selected the game after you put the link up.

You are embarrassing yourself Jas

What's Wayne complaining about, then?!?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024