Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row 21:15 - Dec 1 with 15701 viewsFlashberryjack

Thoughts

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 17:07 - Dec 4 with 1630 viewsWingstandwood

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 18:51 - Dec 3 by Scotia

The skin colour of anyone defending Lady Hussey is completely irrelevant. As is the background and charity of Ms Fulani.

The theme of this thread seems to be that a member of the British Upper class couldn't possibly be racist because of her background and the "victim" of that racism is obviously making it up because she is funded by BLM and portrays her African ancestry in what she choses to wear.

All that matters is what was said by Lady Hussey, which as far as anyone on here knows is the published and unchallenged transcript. That transcript or even the gist of the conversation it is from is racist.

I'm not woke or particularly left wing. I'd consider myself to be pretty much slap bang in the political centre.

What we seem to be seeing on here is apparent racism being defended by more racism, blatant bias and unconscious bias. Quite frankly this entire thread is disgusting.

Argus!

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 17:09 - Dec 4 with 1612 viewsonehunglow

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 17:07 - Dec 4 by Wingstandwood

That ll confuse them

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 17:21 - Dec 4 with 1598 viewsWingstandwood

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 17:09 - Dec 4 by onehunglow

That ll confuse them

Yes indeed, just as confusing as trusting the word of a black person and agreeing with a black person far better qualified to comment...THAT? Then makes a white person racist for doing so. Like I said what an absolutely sick world we live in.

And I do get the vibe that a lot more information is yet to come out about Ngozi Fulani.

"innocent until proven guilty" Hey! Far better than kangaroo courts!

Argus!

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 17:30 - Dec 4 with 1591 viewsGwyn737

I think the ‘black friends’ defence is pretty outdated. Thankfully.
Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 17:47 - Dec 4 with 1563 viewsWingstandwood

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 17:30 - Dec 4 by Gwyn737

I think the ‘black friends’ defence is pretty outdated. Thankfully.

Well in Ngozi Fulani's case obviously NOT! Because Sistah Space has also accused Hackney Council "as a whole" of racial discrimination!

Argus!

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 18:14 - Dec 4 with 1547 viewsGwyn737

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 17:47 - Dec 4 by Wingstandwood

Well in Ngozi Fulani's case obviously NOT! Because Sistah Space has also accused Hackney Council "as a whole" of racial discrimination!

I’m not sure what you mean by that.

My point was that finding black people on the internet who agree with your point of view isn’t really a strong argument. That’s why I compared it to the “I have black friends” defence.

It also doesn’t help if one of the talking heads you find is ‘Father’ Calvin Robinson.
Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 18:28 - Dec 4 with 1529 viewsWingstandwood

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 18:14 - Dec 4 by Gwyn737

I’m not sure what you mean by that.

My point was that finding black people on the internet who agree with your point of view isn’t really a strong argument. That’s why I compared it to the “I have black friends” defence.

It also doesn’t help if one of the talking heads you find is ‘Father’ Calvin Robinson.

Argus!

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 18:56 - Dec 4 with 1507 viewsScotia

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 17:07 - Dec 4 by Wingstandwood

That's nice for the congregation of St Agnes.

Let's be fair it is completely irrelevant though isn't it.

What we can take from that is Lady Hussey isn't overtly racist to every black person she meets? Nobody is accusing of being that. She's an old lady in a privileged position not a member of the National Front.

It doesn't change her apparently making a racist comment to someone who took great offence, why she took that degree of offence is immaterial. What was said was said.

I don't think she is racist, but she apparently said something that was racist. As I've said, I can imagine my grandfather saying the same and he isn't racist. That doesn't make it acceptable in 2022.

No amount of links to BLM or other black people's opinion of Ms Fulani changes that.
Login to get fewer ads

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 19:00 - Dec 4 with 1504 viewsWingstandwood

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 18:56 - Dec 4 by Scotia

What we can take from that is Lady Hussey isn't overtly racist to every black person she meets? Nobody is accusing of being that. She's an old lady in a privileged position not a member of the National Front.

It doesn't change her apparently making a racist comment to someone who took great offence, why she took that degree of offence is immaterial. What was said was said.

I don't think she is racist, but she apparently said something that was racist. As I've said, I can imagine my grandfather saying the same and he isn't racist. That doesn't make it acceptable in 2022.

No amount of links to BLM or other black people's opinion of Ms Fulani changes that.

Aye. its completely irrelevant!

Argus!

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 19:06 - Dec 4 with 1501 viewsGwyn737

Harold Shipman can’t have been a serial killer. Some of his best friends were alive 😉
Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 19:13 - Dec 4 with 1492 viewsWingstandwood

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 19:06 - Dec 4 by Gwyn737

Harold Shipman can’t have been a serial killer. Some of his best friends were alive 😉

Good thing he wasn't a solicitor then because he could have found himself in front of
Mr J N Barnecutt (in the chair)
Mr A Gaynor-Smith
Lady Bonham-Carter.

Argus!

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 19:45 - Dec 4 with 1468 viewsScotia

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 19:00 - Dec 4 by Wingstandwood

Aye. its completely irrelevant!

You could explain why it isn't irrelevant instead of retreating behind your favourite emoji.

Or perhaps you can't because it isn't ?
[Post edited 4 Dec 2022 20:49]
Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 20:20 - Dec 4 with 1431 viewsonehunglow

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 17:21 - Dec 4 by Wingstandwood

Yes indeed, just as confusing as trusting the word of a black person and agreeing with a black person far better qualified to comment...THAT? Then makes a white person racist for doing so. Like I said what an absolutely sick world we live in.

And I do get the vibe that a lot more information is yet to come out about Ngozi Fulani.

"innocent until proven guilty" Hey! Far better than kangaroo courts!

Doesn’t apply to accusations of racism .
It’s like the justice spoken of if the “ wrong” verdict is a coming

I like you are sick of it all.

Beam me up.

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 20:46 - Dec 4 with 1419 viewsWingstandwood

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 20:20 - Dec 4 by onehunglow

Doesn’t apply to accusations of racism .
It’s like the justice spoken of if the “ wrong” verdict is a coming

I like you are sick of it all.

Beam me up.

Some on here smear and use innuendo and apply standards/judgement without due diligence, common sense, critical thinking ability, morals or grown-up maturity!

A false accusation of racism has been posted on here that demeaned this site. That false accusation has obviously been judged to be unjust by this sites ownership and some moderators because nobody has been banned to my knowledge, and no posts deleted!

Rather telling because this site (RIGHTFULLY SO!) has zero tolerance of racism!

You see no matter what you say, or do will be smeared as racist by those unwilling to accept a different opinion.

Take for example that young and devout Christian NHS lady who complained against divisive 'white privilege/critical race theory' nonsense and said in her defence that her Christian beliefs meant that ALL people are born equal whether black, white, brown or yellow.

The reply to that? "European Christianity is racist"! Truly sickening!

Argus!

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 20:53 - Dec 4 with 1410 viewsonehunglow

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 20:46 - Dec 4 by Wingstandwood

Some on here smear and use innuendo and apply standards/judgement without due diligence, common sense, critical thinking ability, morals or grown-up maturity!

A false accusation of racism has been posted on here that demeaned this site. That false accusation has obviously been judged to be unjust by this sites ownership and some moderators because nobody has been banned to my knowledge, and no posts deleted!

You see no matter what you say, or do will be smeared as racist by those unwilling to accept a different opinion.

Take for example that young and devout Christian NHS lady who complained against divisive 'white privilege/critical race theory' nonsense and said in her defence that her Christian beliefs meant that ALL people are born equal whether black, white, brown or yellow.

It is clear that our colonial days are the very core of all that we see .
It may be justified,but it can’t be denied it is happening .
Sadly, many self appointed anti racists live in pure all white enclaves or in towns a million miles away from “ diversity” and multiculturalism

Anyway, this poor buddy woman has found herself in the middle of a Shute storm .

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:53 - Dec 4 with 1409 viewsonehunglow

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 20:46 - Dec 4 by Wingstandwood

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 21:53 - Dec 4 with 1360 viewsJack123

Hey, she's an 83 year old woman, why not leave her alone.

And no, she is not racist, when she meets somebody donning African clothing, and enquires where they came from.

libera nos a malo

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 22:25 - Dec 4 with 1334 viewsScotia

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 21:53 - Dec 4 by Jack123

Hey, she's an 83 year old woman, why not leave her alone.

And no, she is not racist, when she meets somebody donning African clothing, and enquires where they came from.

She enquired several times and didn't accept the answer.

I don't necessarily think she is a racist woman, I can understand why she asked the question. I can't understand why she didn't accept the answer before you consider the jump to the assumption of her being from the Carribean.
Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 22:30 - Dec 4 with 1327 viewsJack123

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 22:25 - Dec 4 by Scotia

She enquired several times and didn't accept the answer.

I don't necessarily think she is a racist woman, I can understand why she asked the question. I can't understand why she didn't accept the answer before you consider the jump to the assumption of her being from the Carribean.

I would think, she was just being polite, as in making conversation .

The woman who is dressed like an African, and then cries fowl is in the wrong.

libera nos a malo

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 06:48 - Dec 5 with 1242 viewsScotia

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 22:30 - Dec 4 by Jack123

I would think, she was just being polite, as in making conversation .

The woman who is dressed like an African, and then cries fowl is in the wrong.

But she was asked several times and replied that she was from the UK. Lady Hussey then accused her of being from the Carribean. Apparently.

Once I could understand completely if she accepted the answer, especially in an event such as it was.

I honestly can't believe this thread. I had to do training in work on unconscious bias because I often interview people, I thought it was pointless. I can now see that it wasn't.
Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 09:14 - Dec 5 with 1211 viewsonehunglow

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 06:48 - Dec 5 by Scotia

But she was asked several times and replied that she was from the UK. Lady Hussey then accused her of being from the Carribean. Apparently.

Once I could understand completely if she accepted the answer, especially in an event such as it was.

I honestly can't believe this thread. I had to do training in work on unconscious bias because I often interview people, I thought it was pointless. I can now see that it wasn't.

Who formulated the training and what was the rationale.

Unconscious bias or simply a case of people preferring their own ,to be blunt. People feeling more comfortable with those with whom they were brought up .

Racism exists within all people including those “ of colour” a quite ludicrous phrase,now used to avoid offence .

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 20:36 - Dec 5 with 1133 viewsJack123

Thanks for that.. Noted

libera nos a malo

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 21:06 - Dec 5 with 1105 viewsFlashberryjack

"I had to do training in work on unconscious bias "

Didn't they used to call that brain washing ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 13:47 - Dec 11 with 958 viewsWingstandwood

Not only has this woman UNJUSTLY accused and cry-bullied (multi-racial) Hackney council of being racist because it decided to adhere to council policy. Behavioral pattern emerging here?

I do rather get the impression that Ngozi is herself, a true believer in breaking the rules and is extremely untrustworthy and economical with the truth!

QUOTE SISTER SPACE: "But a spokesperson for the Save Sistah space campaign said the council has a “moral obligation”, BEYOND LEGALITIES, to help Sistah Space.
https://www.hamhigh.co.uk/news/21123965.sistah-space-not-evicted-says-hackney-ma

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1601735411860406274.html

For clarification am I allowed to post Twitter links i.e. some apparently think its racist to do so? Unconscious bias?

[Post edited 11 Dec 2022 14:16]

Argus!

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 17:34 - Dec 11 with 883 viewsScotia

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 13:47 - Dec 11 by Wingstandwood

Not only has this woman UNJUSTLY accused and cry-bullied (multi-racial) Hackney council of being racist because it decided to adhere to council policy. Behavioral pattern emerging here?

I do rather get the impression that Ngozi is herself, a true believer in breaking the rules and is extremely untrustworthy and economical with the truth!

QUOTE SISTER SPACE: "But a spokesperson for the Save Sistah space campaign said the council has a “moral obligation”, BEYOND LEGALITIES, to help Sistah Space.
https://www.hamhigh.co.uk/news/21123965.sistah-space-not-evicted-says-hackney-ma

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1601735411860406274.html

For clarification am I allowed to post Twitter links i.e. some apparently think its racist to do so? Unconscious bias?

[Post edited 11 Dec 2022 14:16]

How is that relevant to what Lady Hussey said?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024