Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity 18:37 - Jan 12 with 27456 viewsnumptydumpty

Next to Glenn Hoddle in queue at Tescos other day

Amazingly mate mine recognised Brian Hanrahan in Moon pub in Shepherd's Bush. 30 years after his famous Falkland BBC news

Saw Tony Meo next to Steve Davis, and randomly only recognised Tony Meo and Mr Steve heard my recognition of his mate as opposed to him !!!

Another friend randomly recognised Statto at Royal Ascot of Skinner and Baddiel fame.

Was sat next Steve Rider at Bracknell rugby game. Of Grandstand 'fame"

Few very z list celebs indeed

Anyone randomly bumped into any mega stars

Remember seeing Alan Ball pop into bookies in Portsmouth to check out his loser. No one said anything.

Saw Colin Jackson 100 metre hurdler in his GB kit at an airport in Milan, looked ridiculously healthy and fit.

Anyone had an exchange with a celeb....

I must be bored !!!! 😴
[Post edited 12 Jan 2023 18:38]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 15:05 - Jan 15 with 2973 viewsRsinWales

A teenage me ran past Jason Donovan in Hyde Park, at the height of his Neighbours and Stock, Aitken & Waterman fame. Smiled as I ran past, but couldn't stop as I was being chased by an irate goose.

Long story...
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 15:46 - Jan 15 with 2917 viewsQPRSteve

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 14:26 - Jan 14 by themodfather

of the "celebs" i have met the biggest tw@t was STEFAN DENNIS, from neighbours, he was surly and refused an autograph for my mates nan, she asked nicely, he just rushed by.
marti pellow was really nice, got me a signed pic for another mates' mum.
martin kemp was top notch. had a few chats with him.

On a similar vein, my niece when she was a teenager saw Andi Peters in the street and asked him for his autograph only to be told to fück off.

I've had it in for the nasty little cünt ever since.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 16:27 - Jan 15 with 2876 viewsLanhoop

Was at some financial services event and was stood watching some presentation and being as bored as you can imagine started looking around and found that Will Carling was stood shoulder to shoulder with me doing exactly the same thing.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 20:48 - Jan 15 with 2780 viewsdsw2509

I’ll set down my HM the Queen story.

I was working late in the city. I left the office in Queen Victoria Street at around 9pm. It was more or less deserted. Half way to Blackfriars tube I was aware that a car had pulled up beside me. I looked round and to my total amazement it was the Queen in full fig-tiara, jewels etc (I think the royals call it battle dress). Anyway, that is what confronted me. So what to do? I looked up. Our eyes met. I smiled. She smiled. The lights changed. Her car moved off. What a moment.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 21:26 - Jan 15 with 2715 viewsDesertBoot

The late great Kenneth Williams strolled past me by Trafalgar Square.
Paul Weller in Waitrose on Finchley Road. I said hello and I love your music, he replied “thankyou and happy shopping”.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 21:50 - Jan 15 with 2689 viewsloftboy

On the tube a couple of years ago there was a bloke in a mustard coloured corduroy suit, black socks and sandles, it was Angus Deyton.
Stood next to Nick Faldo in Burger King at Windsor a few years back.
Saw Brian Cant and Jackie Charlton in Windsor as a kid.
Met Harry secombe and Brian clough in Majorca.
Regularly drank with Gary Bannister, Wayne Fereday and Dean Coney circa 1989.
When delivering in London a couple of years ago I did kier starmer ( sat in his kitchen in a vest)
Simon Bird, 10 Downing Street when Theresa May was in charge.
There’s been loads more, I’d be typing all night if I listed them!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 22:17 - Jan 15 with 2666 viewsRs_Holy

anyone know if Amit Bhatia has a black Ferrari with private plates??? If he does then I might have been directly behind him at some traffic lights this afternoon coming home from a walk around Virginia Waters??? Asked the wife to overtake said car on the dual carriageway but as she approached it, it just flew off.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 00:20 - Jan 16 with 2578 viewsitsbiga

I live in L.A. so it happens pretty often. Some of my favs tho;

Larry David - Just walking down the street in Santa Monica. Its like being in an episode of Curb.
Stevie Wonder - In The Grove outdoor shopping mall with his entourage.
Ray Liotta - Walking our dog at the beach in Venice and he stopped to pet her.
Mickey Rourke - Took a piss next to him at a restaurant in West Hollywood.
Steve Coogan and Peter Baynham - Sat at table next to us in a restaurant.
Bobbie Brown - Tried to start a fight with me at a sushi bar cuz he thought i was an asshole for asking him if i could take a spare chair from his table. He had like 6 empty chairs. He actually went for me and his friend held him back.
Arnold Swarzenegger - Pulled up next to me in his car at a red light smoking a cigar :)
[Post edited 16 Jan 2023 0:23]

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Login to get fewer ads

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 13:27 - Jan 17 with 2411 viewsDixie_CT

Richard Osman is currently having lunch in IKEA, Hammersmith. He is sitting, but I’ll walk past him and say something derogatory about a Victoria Sponge or Clappers.

This feels like a bizarre ‘Spotted’ post. Which publication used to do that? Was it ‘The Sun’?
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 13:36 - Jan 17 with 2385 viewsR_from_afar

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 16:57 - Jan 13 by numptydumpty

My dad's mate was discussing why on earth Paul Parker was playing for England in game he was watching in local pub and how crap he was.

People on next table said what were his qualifications to say such a thing, he kind of laid it on thick until they said we represent various members of Paul Parkers family !!!!
[Post edited 13 Jan 2023 16:59]

Haha nice one. It reminds me of the exchange one minute into this sketch.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 14:11 - Jan 17 with 2328 viewsRBlock

Walked past Paul Merson in Kew Gardens on a chilly Sunday a few months back. Was wearing a tracksuit pushing a pram - hardly dressed up for it.

Also was in a posh cafe in Liverpool as a student 10 years ago and Frankie Dettori came in and sat next to us, followed by Steven Gerrard about half an hour later. They gave each other a little nod.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 14:32 - Jan 17 with 2309 viewsrobith

Happens all the time in Soho. At Christmas I walked past Liam Gallagher, couldn't resist inviting him to drinks with my mates I was en route to

"Fancy it Liam?"

"Aye I might"

He didn't show up
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 22:21 - Jan 17 with 2115 viewswombat

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 14:32 - Jan 17 by robith

Happens all the time in Soho. At Christmas I walked past Liam Gallagher, couldn't resist inviting him to drinks with my mates I was en route to

"Fancy it Liam?"

"Aye I might"

He didn't show up

Ex GF kicked steve coppell in the back of the head at a cinema in Kensington while watching cape fear , he wasn’t happy funnilyenough .

Drove past Sean Connery in Victoria years ago , gutted I didn’t stop
Flew to Dublin with Colin Farrell and the one and only Supervet for a U2 few years back
Flew to Jamaica with raheem sterling and his family , business class really nice guy .
Met Paul Weller in a sandwich shop in soho years ago , block ws a total arrse .
Went drinking in Greenford with the one and only Alan McDonald normally the railway after a game joined by Ian Stewart on the odd occasion .

Rachel stevens at Heathrow before e flew up to a game at Newcasltle , she’s tiny

Got it old to feck off by Paul young near grey at ormand street , he wanted my parking. Space and I wasn vacating it quick enough for him .

Wife had a ambulance called for her by Shirley from Pepsi and Shirley fame now married to one of the Kemp brothers in Rickmansworth

Dad used to work at the bush central line station and knew odd job from thebond movies quiet well .

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 22:59 - Jan 17 with 2075 viewsSydneyRs

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 13:36 - Jan 17 by R_from_afar

Haha nice one. It reminds me of the exchange one minute into this sketch.

This Country is an underrated show. If you've never watched it you really should.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 23:06 - Jan 17 with 2073 viewsnumptydumpty

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 14:11 - Jan 17 by RBlock

Walked past Paul Merson in Kew Gardens on a chilly Sunday a few months back. Was wearing a tracksuit pushing a pram - hardly dressed up for it.

Also was in a posh cafe in Liverpool as a student 10 years ago and Frankie Dettori came in and sat next to us, followed by Steven Gerrard about half an hour later. They gave each other a little nod.

Most ridiculous thing heard recently that in his younger days Paul Merson asked a certain Kylie Minogue out on a date.

Sadly for Paul, the answer was surprisingly in the negative.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2023 23:10]

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 23:09 - Jan 17 with 2071 viewsnumptydumpty

As a kid watching my old dad taking part in a half marathon, Jimmy Savile ran past in a gold tracksuit with a cigar, surrounded by a few of his so called cronies.

Wrote to Jim'll fix it as an 8 year old.

Thank God he wasn't able to help..

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 23:45 - Jan 17 with 2048 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 23:09 - Jan 17 by numptydumpty

As a kid watching my old dad taking part in a half marathon, Jimmy Savile ran past in a gold tracksuit with a cigar, surrounded by a few of his so called cronies.

Wrote to Jim'll fix it as an 8 year old.

Thank God he wasn't able to help..

I watched the Netflix Doc on Savile and it turned my stomach .
He had keys to move around hospitals and assault girls in the middle of the night .
Jesus Christ what a scunbag pity he died before he was found out
I met Bruce Springsteen once shook his hand thanked him for his music what a class act.
Now about those ticket prices Bruce
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 01:11 - Jan 18 with 2004 viewsBoston

You'll never guess who I had in the back of my cab...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 08:06 - Jan 18 with 1876 viewsR_from_afar

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 01:11 - Jan 18 by Boston

Friend of this show Sue Perkins?

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 08:47 - Jan 18 with 1847 viewsQPRSteve

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 01:11 - Jan 18 by Boston

Is that in the biblical sense?
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 09:54 - Jan 18 with 1800 viewsHamptonR

Had an accidental embrace with Zsa Zsa Gabor, she bumped into me as she turned to walk to her car.
Chatted with Daniel Day-Lewis at the National Theatre, where he was playing Hamlet.
Told George Layton where to get tickets for Ellerslie Road, whilst in Ellerslie Road.

My biggest celeb day was when I was on my way to Soho, for work, the royal car pulled up next to me, with the Queen and Prince Philip on board.
45 minutes later said hello to David Walliams, literally bumped into Jedward, who were running away from non existent paparazzi.
Shared a lift with Eddie Redmayne, saw Martin Freeman and gave Mark Gatiss directions.

Also saw Statto with Gianni Paladini, going into a bookmakers on Curzon Street.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 11:23 - Jan 18 with 1685 viewsconnell10

Dennis Healey when we were youngsters in London, we shouted Silly Billy at him , he raised his eyebrows , shook his head and laughed.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 11:33 - Jan 18 with 1668 viewsconnell10

Dennis Healey when we were youngsters in London, we shouted Silly Billy at him , he raised his eyebrows , shook his head and laughed.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 11:34 - Jan 18 with 1657 viewsnix

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 14:11 - Jan 17 by RBlock

Yes, Merson lives near me I think, in the Teddington area, or at least one of his kids do. I've warmed to him as I quite often see him doing grandad duties. Seems pretty affable, with a few mates chatting outside the local Costa in the summer.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 12:39 - Jan 18 with 1576 viewsMick_S

James Nesbitt in a really tiny village resort in Corfu. Seemed a really nice bloke and definitely likes a night out.

Reference also Zammo at the airport on the way home. Same holiday - I’m blessed.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2023 12:48]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024