Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff Riots 06:48 - May 23 with 16430 views1983

Looks like the SWP had the balls to turn up at this riot.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Cardiff Riots on 09:10 - May 24 with 1265 viewsonehunglow

Cardiff Riots on 07:35 - May 24 by Boundy

in my experience , in a few riot situations many "innocent" bystanders are oten lifted , their innocence is discussed later . I

In most riots,bystanders stay inside ,well away.
The others either support or are rubber hackers or just looking for entertainment .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cardiff Riots on 09:50 - May 24 with 1227 viewsmajorraglan

Cardiff Riots on 09:07 - May 24 by onehunglow

You re obviously speaking from a position of total ignorance

I don’t think so.
Cardiff Riots on 10:00 - May 24 with 1208 viewsonehunglow

I was at Toxteth for the first night of the “ disorder” .
I had 12 in my unit and were instructed to “ hold” a street. The opposition must have numbered 50 /60 though I didn’t count as the plastic face shield had basically become covered in black smoke .
Not very good odds those so it became a war .
We had the chance to then change attitudes towards criminals and we have failed spectacularly .

Cardiff Riots on 10:06 - May 24 with 1202 viewsBoundy

Cardiff Riots on 08:55 - May 24 by controversial_jack

The problem is, they allegedly lied about it, and were then caught out by the CCTV. If they were acting appropriately they wouldn't have needed to

So glad you used allegedly, some may have thought it was a fact

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Cardiff Riots on 10:10 - May 24 with 1197 viewsonehunglow

Cardiff Riots on 10:06 - May 24 by Boundy

So glad you used allegedly, some may have thought it was a fact

These kids on scooters .!

Cardiff Riots on 10:17 - May 24 with 1185 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Cardiff Riots on 08:55 - May 24 by controversial_jack

The problem is, they allegedly lied about it, and were then caught out by the CCTV. If they were acting appropriately they wouldn't have needed to

They did not lie the CCTV showed then in another street quite a distance from the fatal crash site. I blame the patents for letting their children break the law and being involved in antisocial behaviour. The children lost control and crashed very sad but they alone are responsible.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Cardiff Riots on 10:41 - May 24 with 1173 viewsJohnw102

Police are in a no win situation, if these children had lost control and hit and killed a toddler on the pavement, the same people would be saying the Policeshould have stopped them!

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Cardiff Riots on 10:54 - May 24 with 1165 viewsGwyn737

Cardiff Riots on 10:41 - May 24 by Johnw102

Police are in a no win situation, if these children had lost control and hit and killed a toddler on the pavement, the same people would be saying the Policeshould have stopped them!

I'm amazed it's taken 3 pages for this sensible comment.

Cuts though all the noise
Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff Riots on 11:18 - May 24 with 1160 viewsbritferry

would 2 kids on an eBike warrant a police chase though?

they traveled quite a way but having seen these eBikes going up Mount Pleasant hill with these food delivery guys, they do shift

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Cardiff Riots on 11:59 - May 24 with 1136 viewsonehunglow

Cardiff Riots on 11:18 - May 24 by britferry

they traveled quite a way but having seen these eBikes going up Mount Pleasant hill with these food delivery guys, they do shift

Tell me why we should trust these kids to scoot along as they do with no regard for anyone else
This is why this country is Donald ducked
We blame everyone but ourselves

Cardiff Riots on 12:26 - May 24 with 1127 viewscontroversial_jack

Just like any other competent cyclist. Some can really move.
Cardiff Riots on 12:34 - May 24 with 1122 viewsBoundy

Let's just say we in Swansea are heading for a similar outcome , currently there are 3 that I know of riding illegally unrestricted ebikes, all dressed in black hoodie face masks and they don't give a flying fxxx for anyone or thing the bikes they're riding bare absolutely no relation to the ones you see delivering food. Look up the make surron and you'll see just how capable they are of reaching well beyond the speed limits in residential areas.A normal e bike is restricted to 15mph which granted can be derestricted but the type I've encountered are more like off road motocross ,Scrots and speed are never a good mix

Cardiff Riots on 12:59 - May 24 with 1112 viewsonehunglow

Cardiff Riots on 12:34 - May 24 by Boundy

Let's just say we in Swansea are heading for a similar outcome , currently there are 3 that I know of riding illegally unrestricted ebikes, all dressed in black hoodie face masks and they don't give a flying fxxx for anyone or thing the bikes they're riding bare absolutely no relation to the ones you see delivering food. Look up the make surron and you'll see just how capable they are of reaching well beyond the speed limits in residential areas.A normal e bike is restricted to 15mph which granted can be derestricted but the type I've encountered are more like off road motocross ,Scrots and speed are never a good mix

They are a menace and perfect for quick robberies and simple theft from person.
They are perfect for the job.

Seen as innocuous by many still.

Look at us ,eh

Cardiff Riots on 14:08 - May 24 with 1089 viewsmajorraglan

Cardiff Riots on 19:29 - May 23 by BryanSwan

Why the need to lie?
Why not just say yes they followed what they believed to be an illegal motorised bike which they lost and then got into a collision with another vehicle.

There is no need to fabricate it, they were just doing what they are meant to do and stop people doing illegal things.

I don’t think the police have handled this very well but as far as I can see they haven’t lied.

There’s a big difference between following (which is what Alun Michael said took place) and pursuing, the former can be carried out by most officers and will merely consist of observing etc, i while pursuits can only undertaken by suitably trained officers, advanced drivers, trained in pursuit tactics, typically they would be your traffic officers or ARV officers using high performance cars, in a pursuit you’d expect the sirens and lights to be on. If the cops were following the bike and it failed to stop and the officers carried on then it would become a pursuit which are very tightly controlled.

I think your second paragraph is probably close to what actually happened, but we’ll have to wait and see what the investigation says.

I think South Wales Police statements have been economical with the detail. The lack of wider understanding between the differences between pursuit and follow and a bunch of other stuff has then created a perception the police have lied etc etc and has increased distrust in the police. Whether the IPCC have had an input on what SWP can and can’t say I know not, but I think the press releases reflect poorly on SWP and policing.

Be upfront and transparent should be the mantra.
Cardiff Riots on 14:29 - May 24 with 1079 viewscontroversial_jack

Cardiff Riots on 10:17 - May 24 by felixstowe_jack

They did not lie the CCTV showed then in another street quite a distance from the fatal crash site. I blame the patents for letting their children break the law and being involved in antisocial behaviour. The children lost control and crashed very sad but they alone are responsible.

Maybe they went from that street to the other, but it did show a pursuit. They said initially there was no pursuit , but then contradicted that when CCTV came out. That could be construed as a lie
Cardiff Riots on 14:34 - May 24 with 1070 viewsraynor94

Cardiff Riots on 14:29 - May 24 by controversial_jack

Maybe they went from that street to the other, but it did show a pursuit. They said initially there was no pursuit , but then contradicted that when CCTV came out. That could be construed as a lie

The police van was following not pursuing a big difference, and has been said they weren't even on the same road when the crash occurred

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Cardiff Riots on 15:02 - May 24 with 1054 viewscontroversial_jack

Cardiff Riots on 14:34 - May 24 by raynor94

The police van was following not pursuing a big difference, and has been said they weren't even on the same road when the crash occurred

Following and pursuing is the same. They followed from one street to another
Cardiff Riots on 15:20 - May 24 with 1044 viewsmajorraglan

Cardiff Riots on 15:02 - May 24 by controversial_jack

They are very different. Go check it out, it’s easy to research.
Cardiff Riots on 16:04 - May 24 with 1005 viewsWhiterockin

They are not the same. It will all become clear when they view the police vehicle dash cam. Currently they are just following procedure.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Cardiff Riots on 16:23 - May 24 with 991 viewsonehunglow

There are not. I’m afraid you ll have to trust one who took part in countless high speed pursuits and passive following at a safe distance .
These rats however,create danger from nothing at all. Innocent folk get killed all the time because of them. Sometimes their actions have consequences for themselves ,then we hear the squealing .

You are utterly deluded over Russia and now this . You’re on a run of losses ,although Russy is at least not guilty here

Cardiff Riots on 16:58 - May 24 with 971 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Seems the police were correct they were following from a safe distance of at least half a mile while the original video showed the following very close . Looks like they kept a safe distance but the children lost control and crashed.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Cardiff Riots on 17:01 - May 24 with 972 viewsTreforys_Jack

Cardiff Riots on 16:04 - May 24 by Whiterockin

They are not the same. It will all become clear when they view the police vehicle dash cam. Currently they are just following procedure.

CJ hates the police, they will always be in the wrong.
Cardiff Riots on 17:05 - May 24 with 970 viewsraynor94

Cardiff Riots on 17:01 - May 24 by Treforys_Jack

CJ hates the police, they will always be in the wrong.

Never ceases to amaze me how many things he gets wrong.

But fair play he has skin like a Rhino

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Cardiff Riots on 17:13 - May 24 with 962 viewsBoundy

Cardiff Riots on 17:05 - May 24 by raynor94

Never ceases to amaze me how many things he gets wrong.

But fair play he has skin like a Rhino

Ignorance is bliss so I'm told

Cardiff Riots on 17:29 - May 24 with 953 viewsSullutaCreturned

Cardiff Riots on 12:26 - May 24 by controversial_jack

Just like any other competent cyclist. Some can really move.

You're not talking about competent cyclists though, you're talking about idiots on illegal e-bikes.

As always when this stuff happens, people blame the police but this is their job. I have criticised them for doing nothing at other times but I won't criticse them for this, apart from not being straight about it from the off.

Kids arent scared of the police anymore, they have no respect. it's shocking and we need a reset.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024