Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff Riots 06:48 - May 23 with 16436 views1983

Looks like the SWP had the balls to turn up at this riot.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Cardiff Riots on 13:46 - May 26 with 1297 viewsBoundy

Cardiff Riots on 11:51 - May 26 by controversial_jack

I don't know! Simple question is , did the police lie initially?

We could go on and on , were the police properly briefed before making that now infamous announcement .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Cardiff Riots on 16:20 - May 26 with 1242 viewsDr_Winston

Hundreds of Bassey Chavs smashing up the place where they live is Westminster's fault according to Bampi Wales.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/may/26/cardiff-riots-uk-conservative-g

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cardiff Riots on 16:28 - May 26 with 1242 viewsSullutaCreturned

Cardiff Riots on 21:34 - May 25 by britferry

100% agree but why did the police & Alun Michael say what they said ?

Because they are idiots who tried to defuse a situation with a lie instead of saying what should have been obvious, that these kids were being FOLLOWED because they were breaking the law.

You'd think the police would have enough experience of this to know better than to lie, they usually get caught.
Cardiff Riots on 16:35 - May 26 with 1239 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Cardiff Riots on 16:20 - May 26 by Dr_Winston

Hundreds of Bassey Chavs smashing up the place where they live is Westminster's fault according to Bampi Wales.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/may/26/cardiff-riots-uk-conservative-g

Drakeford really sinking to gutter level if he is blaming Westminster for what Happens in Ely. His is the Senedd member for Ely so if poverty is rife in his constituency then Welsh Labour, Drakeford and the Senedd are to blame . Wales has had devolution for 20 years and gets an extra £3000 per person. Has Drakeford spent this money wisely or is he driving tourist away, driving business across the border with his lack of investment in infrastructure

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Cardiff Riots on 16:57 - May 26 with 1224 viewsonehunglow

Cardiff Riots on 16:28 - May 26 by SullutaCreturned

Because they are idiots who tried to defuse a situation with a lie instead of saying what should have been obvious, that these kids were being FOLLOWED because they were breaking the law.

You'd think the police would have enough experience of this to know better than to lie, they usually get caught.

I’m afraid
Olive don’t help themselves mainly due to the carven nature of Chief Constables.
The PF also stands condemned as a lurid excuse for what they should be and that is to defend their members and ensure the Public get a fair deal.
By allowing rats to crawl all over decent people they effectively encourage disorder .

I know if no CC who would willingly stand up and call it as it is.

Decent folk want and deserve to be protected and that means if anyone is illegally on a public road causing mayhem then there are consequences .
Not one politician would stand up and be counted ,including Conservatives, the “ law and order party) …a sick joke .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cardiff Riots on 18:00 - May 26 with 1194 viewscontroversial_jack

Not condoning it, but it's the only way the authorities will take note
Cardiff Riots on 18:21 - May 26 with 1193 viewsmajorraglan

Cardiff Riots on 09:20 - May 26 by controversial_jack

The police have admitted they were following the cycle.

And there is nothing wrong in following the E bike, a police officer can follow and stop any vehicle to check the driver/riders documents and when they suspect an offence, when an offence has been committed.
The crux of the matter here is whether there was a pursuit - a follow is not a pursuit. A pursuit would typically take place after a car/ motor bike had failed to stop on request by police or made off from officers and the driver. I would doubt very much if an authorised pursuit had taken place as the police van and its driver are highly unlikely to fit the NPCC criteria for being pursuit authorised - which could be part of the confusion.

I think the police have handled the disclosures quite poorly, trust has been eroded and suspicion now lingers. We’ll have to see what comes out in the wash.
Cardiff Riots on 21:00 - May 26 with 1166 viewsKilkennyjack

The police almost certainly need to do better.

There are valid questions to answer about the actual policing.
There are valid questions to answer about an attempt to cover up, or not.

Lets see what the report says.

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff Riots on 08:02 - May 27 with 1123 viewsWhiterockin

Cardiff Riots on 18:00 - May 26 by controversial_jack

Not condoning it, but it's the only way the authorities will take note

One could always vote for a different political party.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Cardiff Riots on 09:04 - May 27 with 1113 viewsSullutaCreturned

Cardiff Riots on 21:00 - May 26 by Kilkennyjack

The police almost certainly need to do better.

There are valid questions to answer about the actual policing.
There are valid questions to answer about an attempt to cover up, or not.

Lets see what the report says.

That is the most sense I've seen you post.

The police defintely need to do better. They need to be police again not social workers or therapists. They should enforce the law and the justice system should then punish criminals properly. Lock them up, give them help while inside yes, teach them new skills, get them trained so they can work when released but prison should be a hard time and they shoud be in no doubt that going back means a longer sentence no matter the crime.
Cardiff Riots on 09:05 - May 27 with 1110 viewscontroversial_jack

Cardiff Riots on 08:02 - May 27 by Whiterockin

One could always vote for a different political party.

The Police are independent of political parties.They have now admitted it was a pursuit
Cardiff Riots on 09:21 - May 27 with 1089 viewsSullutaCreturned

Cardiff Riots on 09:05 - May 27 by controversial_jack

The Police are independent of political parties.They have now admitted it was a pursuit

Where have you seen that? I can't find it anywhere and it looks like a lie to me, feel free to prove me wrong.

I saw this.

Following the vigil, Harvey Evans's great-uncle, John O'Driscoll, said he accepted Monday's riot was wrong but said it was borne of frustration.

Mr O'Driscoll said: "They were just young boys. Everyone rides bikes and scooters around here.

"Yes, we find them annoying, but that's just what they do.

"But as soon as those coppers saw they had no helmets they should've stopped."

The reason why the police were following then was most likely because they weren't wearing helmets.

And the police said,

On Wednesday, South Wales Police confirmed its officers had been following the teenagers prior to their deaths, but refused to answer further questions about it, citing an ongoing IOPC investigation.

CCTV is being gathered and the investigating officers are reviewing initial accounts from the police officers involved.

So plese do tell, where and when have the police admitted it was a pursuit?
Cardiff Riots on 10:08 - May 27 with 1062 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Cardiff Riots on 09:20 - May 26 by controversial_jack

The police have admitted they were following the cycle.

Makes you wonder why the boys were fleeing the Police at high speed if they were doing no wrong.

Seems the parents were equally irresponsible buy the lad a motorised bike he could not control. Wonder why the did not buy them crash or cycling helmets?

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Cardiff Riots on 10:56 - May 27 with 1035 viewsonehunglow

Cardiff Riots on 10:08 - May 27 by felixstowe_jack

Makes you wonder why the boys were fleeing the Police at high speed if they were doing no wrong.

Seems the parents were equally irresponsible buy the lad a motorised bike he could not control. Wonder why the did not buy them crash or cycling helmets?

Because it’s never Nona happen to them.
If it does,they blame Police or anyone else except for themselves

Cardiff Riots on 11:45 - May 27 with 1009 viewsGwyn737

I must have led a very sheltered life.

I have no idea what all this animosity towards the police is about 🤷🏻‍♂️
Cardiff Riots on 11:52 - May 27 with 1005 viewsWhiterockin

Cardiff Riots on 11:45 - May 27 by Gwyn737

No mate you live a normal life and probably well brought up.

Cardiff Riots on 11:56 - May 27 with 999 viewscontroversial_jack

Cardiff Riots on 11:45 - May 27 by Gwyn737

You have led a sheltered life
Cardiff Riots on 15:30 - May 27 with 940 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Cardiff Riots on 16:20 - May 26 by Dr_Winston

It’s his constituency in the country he is first minister of the blithering idiot.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Cardiff Riots on 15:39 - May 27 with 935 viewsSullutaCreturned

Cardiff Riots on 15:30 - May 27 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

It’s his constituency in the country he is first minister of the blithering idiot.

We know the drill by now, when anything goes wrong in Wales it's all Westminsters fault. That is Drakefords line every time.

it's always big bad Westminster never mind we've had 20 years of Welsh Labour in the Senedd.

It seems to me that if the Senedd have such little influence then what is the point of them?
Cardiff Riots on 17:37 - May 27 with 883 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

I know it’s fashionable to bash the police and there certainly have been times they probably have deserved it to an extent but I can’t fathom at all what on earth they are meant to have done wrong in this instance.

It’s a tragic accident.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Cardiff Riots on 20:56 - May 27 with 826 viewscontroversial_jack

Cardiff Riots on 17:37 - May 27 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

I know it’s fashionable to bash the police and there certainly have been times they probably have deserved it to an extent but I can’t fathom at all what on earth they are meant to have done wrong in this instance.

It’s a tragic accident.

Maybe, but why did the Police, allegedly lie? Nobody can or will not answer this

The job of the police is to protect the people and property. It's the only job they have.They have no purpose other than this
Cardiff Riots on 21:00 - May 27 with 825 viewsmajorraglan

Cardiff Riots on 15:39 - May 27 by SullutaCreturned

We know the drill by now, when anything goes wrong in Wales it's all Westminsters fault. That is Drakefords line every time.

it's always big bad Westminster never mind we've had 20 years of Welsh Labour in the Senedd.

It seems to me that if the Senedd have such little influence then what is the point of them?

Aspects of what Drakeford said are correct, the 13 years of decline in living standards and public services, that said, what happened is in excusable in Ely.

Fingers being pointed at the police and they hav3 questions to answer, but the family have given a 15 year old boy a E bike which he has then used illegally on the road. Had he not had the bike or its use was confined to private land who knows….

Edit - typo
[Post edited 27 May 2023 21:32]
Cardiff Riots on 21:07 - May 27 with 806 viewsWhiterockin

Cardiff Riots on 21:00 - May 27 by majorraglan

Aspects of what Drakeford said are correct, the 13 years of decline in living standards and public services, that said, what happened is in excusable in Ely.

Fingers being pointed at the police and they hav3 questions to answer, but the family have given a 15 year old boy a E bike which he has then used illegally on the road. Had he not had the bike or its use was confined to private land who knows….

Edit - typo

The family gave him the bike as an early 16th birthday present. Sadly he died using it. The family are looking for someone to blame as people always seem to do. I can understand it, but it doesn't make it right. People should stop trying to score points and wait for the inquest/ inquiry results.

Cardiff Riots on 21:10 - May 27 with 798 viewsSullutaCreturned

Cardiff Riots on 21:00 - May 27 by majorraglan

Edit - typo

There is something I do know, if that boy hadn'r been given the bike him and his mate couldn't have died riding it.

Maybe they both would have died some other way the same day, maybe when it's your time there is no escape, who knows.
Cardiff Riots on 21:28 - May 27 with 780 viewsonehunglow

Cardiff Riots on 21:07 - May 27 by Whiterockin

The family gave him the bike as an early 16th birthday present. Sadly he died using it. The family are looking for someone to blame as people always seem to do. I can understand it, but it doesn't make it right. People should stop trying to score points and wait for the inquest/ inquiry results.

These machines like most /all vehicles are lethal potentially.
A present ffs

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024