Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish 10:30 - Jun 24 with 11524 viewsE15Hoop

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/richards-i-want-to-help-this-team-massively

This is a very interesting read, I think. It would be easy to be cynical and say that he's just saying all the "right things", but it sounds like he's had a genuine epiphany.
Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 23:18 - Jun 24 with 2184 viewsSydneyRs

Not a lot of sympathy here about him losing a close friend and the effect that might have had on him then?
Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 23:19 - Jun 24 with 2184 viewsCateLeBonR

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 23:16 - Jun 24 by SydneyRs

Pre season is meant to be tough and most players hate it. Nothing to see here.

Honest Mick told us last year we'd be hitting promotion form in March.
Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 23:35 - Jun 24 with 2128 viewsAntti_Heinola

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 22:48 - Jun 24 by Watford_Ranger

Bored of these puff pieces. Prove it on the pitch or fk off. Bloke did nothing last season whatsoever so it’s very much hope rather than expectation he does anything of note for the rest of his long contract.

Dozzell- just no. Not going to happen.

tbf what else can you do in pre-season?

Bare bones.

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 23:55 - Jun 24 with 2081 viewsstainrods_elbow

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 23:18 - Jun 24 by SydneyRs

Not a lot of sympathy here about him losing a close friend and the effect that might have had on him then?

For a whole year?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 00:56 - Jun 25 with 2030 viewsSydneyRs

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 23:55 - Jun 24 by stainrods_elbow

For a whole year?

Season isn't a year long and I wasn't aware there is a time limit on the effects of grief.
Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 06:26 - Jun 25 with 1938 viewsWokingR

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 11:12 - Jun 24 by Northernr

We desperately, desperately need him to be A) fit and B) good this season.

And C) to actually give a shit
Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 06:29 - Jun 25 with 1933 viewsLblock

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 00:56 - Jun 25 by SydneyRs

Season isn't a year long and I wasn't aware there is a time limit on the effects of grief.

How much slack would your employer give you?

Terrible, and he may never be the same person again, but if I recall he was fanning around long before his mate was murdered.
The circumstances of his mates death raises questions for me as well.

Only QPR could sign someone who got a season ending injury in a medical previously

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 07:40 - Jun 25 with 1859 viewsEsox_Lucius

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 18:06 - Jun 24 by Stanisgod

Extrapolating, theres a word i've never seen on here before 👍

Fans of Sesquipedalianism will be ecstatic with this little interpolation.

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 07:49 - Jun 25 with 1846 viewsE15Hoop

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 06:29 - Jun 25 by Lblock

Terrible, and he may never be the same person again, but if I recall he was fanning around long before his mate was murdered.

Only QPR could sign someone who got a season ending injury in a medical previously

...So Manchester United didn't sign Rud van Nistelrooy after he'd done his ACL in training at PSV, then?
Or are you saying that that was a bad decision as well...?
Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 08:20 - Jun 25 with 1779 viewsPunteR

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 14:08 - Jun 24 by Hastings_Hoops

Interesting comment “there’s no expectation on me”. I hope this shows a positive/humble attitude as opposed to giving it the nutty whallops.

I like how he thinks no expectation is a good thing.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 08:35 - Jun 25 with 1732 viewsstevec

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 08:20 - Jun 25 by PunteR

I like how he thinks no expectation is a good thing.

Ha true.

Guess he’s had time now to look around the club and just trying to fit in!
Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 09:06 - Jun 25 with 1669 viewsgazza1

He has talent, I saw it when he did get on the pitch last season. Who knows why he wasn't on the pitch more than he was but I trust what he says about his mate and injuries.

If he gets fit and plays he could be a big asset to the team and club.
Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 09:07 - Jun 25 with 1680 viewsQPR_Jim

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 07:49 - Jun 25 by E15Hoop

...So Manchester United didn't sign Rud van Nistelrooy after he'd done his ACL in training at PSV, then?
Or are you saying that that was a bad decision as well...?

We shouldn't have signed Sam Field by that logic, early 20's player with recurring knee injuries - scrap heap for you son.
Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 09:36 - Jun 25 with 1653 viewsWatford_Ranger

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 23:18 - Jun 24 by SydneyRs

We all go through tough times. It’s very sad his mate died. I’m sure we’ve all lost mates along the way but my work wouldn’t be very sympathetic if it was drastically affecting my performance to the point of being basically not there months later.
Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 10:00 - Jun 25 with 1594 viewsAntti_Heinola

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 09:36 - Jun 25 by Watford_Ranger

We all go through tough times. It’s very sad his mate died. I’m sure we’ve all lost mates along the way but my work wouldn’t be very sympathetic if it was drastically affecting my performance to the point of being basically not there months later.

What i’d say here is:
What’s your work got to do with it?
How do we know the club are being tolerant/sympathetic behind the scenes?
If they are being sympathetic, are you saying because other industries wouldn’t care, the club therefore shouldn’t either? Just maybe, the club might think it’s a good idea to support its employees to create a good atmosphere people can thrive in. Crazy, I know.
Are you a pro sportsperson? Because I reckon most people can probably muddle through their jobs to an acceptable degree during times of difficulty, and maybe colleagues help and pick up slack: but that’s a million miles away from being able to perform at pro sport level, where even if you’re a tiny bit off your game, that’s going to have a huge effect.

We can all have opinions, great, but there’s a hell of a lot of judgement here from people who know less about this bloke than they do about the bottom of the Pacific Ocean.

Bare bones.

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 10:35 - Jun 25 with 1508 viewsstevec

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 10:00 - Jun 25 by Antti_Heinola

What i’d say here is:
If they are being sympathetic, are you saying because other industries wouldn’t care, the club therefore shouldn’t either? Just maybe, the club might think it’s a good idea to support its employees to create a good atmosphere people can thrive in. Crazy, I know.
Are you a pro sportsperson? Because I reckon most people can probably muddle through their jobs to an acceptable degree during times of difficulty, and maybe colleagues help and pick up slack: but that’s a million miles away from being able to perform at pro sport level, where even if you’re a tiny bit off your game, that’s going to have a huge effect.

We can all have opinions, great, but there’s a hell of a lot of judgement here from people who know less about this bloke than they do about the bottom of the Pacific Ocean.

Well 12 months on, the only thing we have to go on is a bloke who had a propensity for not being about when the going got tough.

Talking of work, in my experience, the people who seem to have an excuse for every occasion, never actually change. There’s the can do’s and the can’t do’s and the can do’s spending considerable amounts of time covering for the can’t do’s.

Anyway, new season, I know where my judgment is, all he has to do is set about changing that perception. Over to Tyler or whoever he is.
Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 10:52 - Jun 25 with 1469 viewsRangersw12

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 06:29 - Jun 25 by Lblock

Any half decent employer would give as much slack as needed if their employee can't work due to injury and a bereavement

End of the day we need him to come good this season
Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 10:57 - Jun 25 with 1457 viewsBurnleyhoop

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 22:36 - Jun 24 by joe90

I’ll give Richards the benefit of the doubt as I’ve not seen him play enough. If I’m going by that logic I should also give Dozzell the benefit of the doubt. Despite his apparent 36 appearances last season I still haven’t seen him do anything.

I actually completely forgot about Dozzell, feel kind of bad about all the things I said about Symth. Would much rather have him in the side than Dozzell.

Saw plenty of Dozzel in the pre season training camp pictures…..gave me the willys just thinking about him starting in our midfield. Where are the midfield powerhouses that we so desperately need?

We cannot be starting the season with the another bunch of naive, timid academy boys. It’s almost July and despite a partial clear out, no sign of any replacements. Worrying.
Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 11:15 - Jun 25 with 1406 viewsnix

What i’d say here is:

Yep.

Top level sport is all about incremental improvements. One per cent difference in each area of the game can make a massive difference overall. So fitness, mental health, positive attitude (two different things in my view), tactics, team spirit, management input, sports science, physio etc can each make a difference.

Apparently last season until GA came in we didn't have any psychological input. That's just gobsmacking to me when you've got people with long term injuries, issues in their private life, people falling out with team mates, young players coming in for their first time in Championship football or playing overseas, players losing form, losing a manager who brought you in etc. If it affects your performance by 5-10% it might not affect you much as plumber or accountant but at professional football as Antti said it could mean the difference between winning and losing, taken across the team.
Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 11:32 - Jun 25 with 1380 viewsdmm

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 11:15 - Jun 25 by nix

Yep.

Top level sport is all about incremental improvements. One per cent difference in each area of the game can make a massive difference overall. So fitness, mental health, positive attitude (two different things in my view), tactics, team spirit, management input, sports science, physio etc can each make a difference.

Apparently last season until GA came in we didn't have any psychological input. That's just gobsmacking to me when you've got people with long term injuries, issues in their private life, people falling out with team mates, young players coming in for their first time in Championship football or playing overseas, players losing form, losing a manager who brought you in etc. If it affects your performance by 5-10% it might not affect you much as plumber or accountant but at professional football as Antti said it could mean the difference between winning and losing, taken across the team.

I had no idea there was no psychological support at the club prior to Ainsworth. 10 years ago we had sports psychologist Steve Black at QPR for 18 months or so and he clearly made a big impact. It's quite shocking the club didn't learn from that.
Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 11:38 - Jun 25 with 1359 viewsWatford_Ranger

What i’d say here is:

He’s not thrived though. Far from it. None of them have. Yes I’m pro-sportspeople, whatever that really means. I’m happy to be in the minority but I think he’s phoned it in before and after the tragic death of his mate and I know as much about the situation as 99% of us on here.

I hope the bloke goes on to be the next Eze and we sell him for millions. He’s got a lot to do to make up for a wasted season let alone prove this supposed ability he has based on a couple of stepovers and nearly scoring a goal once.

It’s a football club and it’s a job. Hopefully he can do his job well.
Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 12:31 - Jun 25 with 1257 viewsAntti_Heinola

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 11:38 - Jun 25 by Watford_Ranger

He’s not thrived though. Far from it. None of them have. Yes I’m pro-sportspeople, whatever that really means. I’m happy to be in the minority but I think he’s phoned it in before and after the tragic death of his mate and I know as much about the situation as 99% of us on here.

I hope the bloke goes on to be the next Eze and we sell him for millions. He’s got a lot to do to make up for a wasted season let alone prove this supposed ability he has based on a couple of stepovers and nearly scoring a goal once.

It’s a football club and it’s a job. Hopefully he can do his job well.

Fair enough. We all want the same for our club (roughly!)

To clear up, i didn’t mean are you pro or anti sportsperson, I meant are you a professional sportsperson! Imo there’s a lot of ‘if i did this in my job’ stuff from fans, which just isn’t relevant or helpful. It’s a different world with different rules. I agree some basic ones are the same, and you may be right, maybe he has phoned it in all season. Or maybe he’s had several injuries, grief, and a manager who for 5 months went around blaming everyone except himself for the poor performances. I don’t know which is true or if it’s somewhere in the middle of that spectrum. Unless you’ve been working at the club for the last year, you don’t either! You could well be right of course.

Bare bones.

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 12:33 - Jun 25 with 1252 viewsWatford_Ranger

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 12:31 - Jun 25 by Antti_Heinola

Fair enough. We all want the same for our club (roughly!)

To clear up, i didn’t mean are you pro or anti sportsperson, I meant are you a professional sportsperson! Imo there’s a lot of ‘if i did this in my job’ stuff from fans, which just isn’t relevant or helpful. It’s a different world with different rules. I agree some basic ones are the same, and you may be right, maybe he has phoned it in all season. Or maybe he’s had several injuries, grief, and a manager who for 5 months went around blaming everyone except himself for the poor performances. I don’t know which is true or if it’s somewhere in the middle of that spectrum. Unless you’ve been working at the club for the last year, you don’t either! You could well be right of course.

That’s very fair. Sorry I misread your point.

Equally I can’t believe people are giving any of these guys the benefit of the doubt after the season we had. All will be forgiven if next year is even just ok but if we get off to a poor start it’ll be deservedly very toxic very quickly.
Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 12:46 - Jun 25 with 1214 viewsnix

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 11:32 - Jun 25 by dmm

I had no idea there was no psychological support at the club prior to Ainsworth. 10 years ago we had sports psychologist Steve Black at QPR for 18 months or so and he clearly made a big impact. It's quite shocking the club didn't learn from that.

Neither did I which is why I specifically asked that question. Although I did suspect it from watching the players and how easily their heads went down and how long our slumps lasted.
Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 13:10 - Jun 25 with 1146 viewsozranger

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 12:46 - Jun 25 by nix

Neither did I which is why I specifically asked that question. Although I did suspect it from watching the players and how easily their heads went down and how long our slumps lasted.

I think the club probably worked out that it was necessary, too late. I am talking about the situation with Rob Dickie. To me, the inside of his head turned the wrong way at Dean Court in mid-September 2021. When he made that mistake for Bournemouth's goal, his head went down and stayed down, probably continuing further down as that season and this past one went on. On the odd occasion things would change and perhaps someone finally got to him rather late this last season, especially prior to the miracle at Turf Moor. What I am saying is that had we had a psychologist in the building to work with Rob, perhaps he could have been turned around, mind-wise, and been the defender we really expected prior to that game. And, so, also, that would have meant come sale time we would have got a lot, lot more than what we did when he was sold. So, the loss to the club in not employing a psychologist to work with the players can be almost quantified by calculating the expectant loss through sales of players, a value that is a lot more than the cost to the club for the wages of said psychologist.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024