Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish 10:30 - Jun 24 with 11526 viewsE15Hoop

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/richards-i-want-to-help-this-team-massively

This is a very interesting read, I think. It would be easy to be cynical and say that he's just saying all the "right things", but it sounds like he's had a genuine epiphany.
Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 13:53 - Jun 25 with 2728 viewsstainrods_elbow

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 00:56 - Jun 25 by SydneyRs

Season isn't a year long and I wasn't aware there is a time limit on the effects of grief.

I wish I had a job that paid me so extravagantly to grieve, sit down and tie my laces in the workplace while everyone else is charging about (or not in our case), and generally shilly-shally around for a year like a desultory bluebottle! Compassionate leave, in most jobs, would be a week or so at most, and then over time, with help from family and friends if you need it, you start to come to terms with the hardest fact of life. Or what about, here's a thought, using it as a spur to achievement - apparently, his friend was a massive support to Richards' privileged career? Meanwhile, the buy-in of some supporters to pro football's fantasy bubble is as lamentable as the player's 'performances' last season. I agree he looks talented, so it's up to him (and we'll have to suck it up) if he turns out to be more Leon Jeanne than Les Ferdinand (the player, not the DoF).
[Post edited 26 Jun 2023 21:51]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 14:13 - Jun 25 with 2685 viewsterryb

I have no issues with Taylor Richards having problems with coping with the loss of his best friend. Or how long he needs to come to terms with the situation. Every person would have a different timespan.

However, from memory, this happened in December, so it has no bearing on why he hardly appeared upto that point. Maybe it was all due to injuries, but it's understandable why some might question his application.

Personally I'm hopeful that he will end up a good signing, but I certainly wouldn't base that on any soundbite that comes out from the club!
Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 15:28 - Jun 25 with 2592 viewsBrianWilson

Do Brighton have a sell on clause? I know, I know....but maybe.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 17:14 - Jun 25 with 2489 viewsVancouverHoop

IIRC a certain Adel Taarabt was pushed out the door in our direction by Spurs, largely because he was lazy and they figured he'd never be a team player. I also doubt, given his habits, a certain Mr Bowles would have flourished as regular employee either.

Thing is lots of athletes, particularly the better ones, aren't average blokes. Many of us see them as a projection of ourselves, if only we had their physical ability. But they're not. Like other artists/performers many are oddballs. They often don't "fit in." Probably never did, even as kids, so they spent their time kicking a football around.

And, no, I'm not claiming Taylor Richards is like that. Probably he isn't. But, given where we are right now it might be worth the club's effort to find out before we kick him out.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2023 17:16]
Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 17:48 - Jun 25 with 2425 viewsslmrstid

Everyone is different but its worth noting that Dom Ball wrote in his book that the day before our first game of the season against Millwall in 2021 he was helping to carry his best mate's coffin to his funeral. Then laced up for the R's the following day.
Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 17:51 - Jun 25 with 2403 viewsLblock

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 10:00 - Jun 25 by Antti_Heinola

What i’d say here is:
What’s your work got to do with it?
How do we know the club are being tolerant/sympathetic behind the scenes?
If they are being sympathetic, are you saying because other industries wouldn’t care, the club therefore shouldn’t either? Just maybe, the club might think it’s a good idea to support its employees to create a good atmosphere people can thrive in. Crazy, I know.
Are you a pro sportsperson? Because I reckon most people can probably muddle through their jobs to an acceptable degree during times of difficulty, and maybe colleagues help and pick up slack: but that’s a million miles away from being able to perform at pro sport level, where even if you’re a tiny bit off your game, that’s going to have a huge effect.

We can all have opinions, great, but there’s a hell of a lot of judgement here from people who know less about this bloke than they do about the bottom of the Pacific Ocean.

Thanks for your questions - I think you know the answers to most of them

Here’s one for you - do you think this fella will pull up trees for us or yet another duff signing?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 18:38 - Jun 25 with 2273 viewsstainrods_elbow

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 17:14 - Jun 25 by VancouverHoop

IIRC a certain Adel Taarabt was pushed out the door in our direction by Spurs, largely because he was lazy and they figured he'd never be a team player. I also doubt, given his habits, a certain Mr Bowles would have flourished as regular employee either.

Thing is lots of athletes, particularly the better ones, aren't average blokes. Many of us see them as a projection of ourselves, if only we had their physical ability. But they're not. Like other artists/performers many are oddballs. They often don't "fit in." Probably never did, even as kids, so they spent their time kicking a football around.

And, no, I'm not claiming Taylor Richards is like that. Probably he isn't. But, given where we are right now it might be worth the club's effort to find out before we kick him out.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2023 17:16]

I see where you're coming from, and it's well said, but in this case comparsions with Stan are truly odious! He was both a maverick but also a brilliant team-player, superbly talented AND very hard-working. If Richards aspires to be even half the no. 10 for us that Bowles was, perhaps one of us could send him a pile of VHS videos to peruse during his healing?

Right now, we have the 'enigmatic' Richards, the sleepwalking 'call me Dozy' Dozzell, Sam Field (who is really more of a defensive shield), a re-signed Dixon-Bonner and the geriatric Albert composing our stellar midfield for 2023-4! I think the operative word is 'Gulp'!
[Post edited 25 Jun 2023 18:43]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 19:57 - Jun 25 with 2164 viewsE15Hoop

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 17:51 - Jun 25 by Lblock

Thanks for your questions - I think you know the answers to most of them

Here’s one for you - do you think this fella will pull up trees for us or yet another duff signing?

I'll try to answer this one.
He is a clearly talented young player who has been through a lot and who has come out the other side sounding refreshed and determined.
He is in the hands of a management team who have proven success in getting the most out of the talent that's available to them, particularly pyscholigically, and he sounds like he's bought into that.
Clearly a lot depends on how these next few weeks shape up, but I think he's in as good a place as he could be for it to work out.
Login to get fewer ads

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 20:17 - Jun 25 with 2136 viewsNorthernr

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 19:57 - Jun 25 by E15Hoop

I'll try to answer this one.
He is a clearly talented young player who has been through a lot and who has come out the other side sounding refreshed and determined.
He is in the hands of a management team who have proven success in getting the most out of the talent that's available to them, particularly pyscholigically, and he sounds like he's bought into that.
Clearly a lot depends on how these next few weeks shape up, but I think he's in as good a place as he could be for it to work out.

Are we allowed to save a few of these and produce a compilation in May?
Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 20:56 - Jun 25 with 2042 viewsE15Hoop

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 20:17 - Jun 25 by Northernr

Are we allowed to save a few of these and produce a compilation in May?

You've been brave enough to nail your colours to the mast over however many years it is now, Clive, so I'm happy to stand alongside you this time!
Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 02:40 - Jun 26 with 1831 viewsSydneyRs

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 13:53 - Jun 25 by stainrods_elbow

I wish I had a job that paid me so extravagantly to grieve, sit down and tie my laces in the workplace while everyone else is charging about (or not in our case), and generally shilly-shally around for a year like a desultory bluebottle! Compassionate leave, in most jobs, would be a week or so at most, and then over time, with help from family and friends if you need it, you start to come to terms with the hardest fact of life. Or what about, here's a thought, using it as a spur to achievement - apparently, his friend was a massive support to Richards' privileged career? Meanwhile, the buy-in of some supporters to pro football's fantasy bubble is as lamentable as the player's 'performances' last season. I agree he looks talented, so it's up to him (and we'll have to suck it up) if he turns out to be more Leon Jeanne than Les Ferdinand (the player, not the DoF).
[Post edited 26 Jun 2023 21:51]

I get that you'd be expected to be back at work but would also imagine many are not firing on all cylinders for a long time after they return following such events.

Football isn't like other jobs. Players are contracted for periods and are paid during those periods whether they are fit enough or in form enough to play or not and that might be down to both physical and mental issues.
Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 02:44 - Jun 26 with 1830 viewsSydneyRs

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 17:48 - Jun 25 by slmrstid

Everyone is different but its worth noting that Dom Ball wrote in his book that the day before our first game of the season against Millwall in 2021 he was helping to carry his best mate's coffin to his funeral. Then laced up for the R's the following day.

That's fine and is how some people will respond. Just get on with life etc. But you cannot apply that rule to everybody.
Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 07:45 - Jun 26 with 1632 viewsstevec

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 02:44 - Jun 26 by SydneyRs

That's fine and is how some people will respond. Just get on with life etc. But you cannot apply that rule to everybody.

maybe some feel they owe a commitment to others so do all they can to get back on their feet and some feel they only owe a commitment to themselves so don’t.

I’m afraid I’m on the side of those players who put themselves out there irrespective of how bad things had got last season and despite their own drastic tail offs in form.

This fella failed us big time last season.
Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 09:50 - Jun 26 with 1461 viewsR_from_afar

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 18:38 - Jun 25 by stainrods_elbow

I see where you're coming from, and it's well said, but in this case comparsions with Stan are truly odious! He was both a maverick but also a brilliant team-player, superbly talented AND very hard-working. If Richards aspires to be even half the no. 10 for us that Bowles was, perhaps one of us could send him a pile of VHS videos to peruse during his healing?

Right now, we have the 'enigmatic' Richards, the sleepwalking 'call me Dozy' Dozzell, Sam Field (who is really more of a defensive shield), a re-signed Dixon-Bonner and the geriatric Albert composing our stellar midfield for 2023-4! I think the operative word is 'Gulp'!
[Post edited 25 Jun 2023 18:43]

I know they are likely to take pride of place on Rangers' boot sale stand, but you have overlooked Messrs Chair and Willock in your midfield analysis....

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 10:01 - Jun 26 with 1399 viewsstantheman10

Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 10:57 - Jun 25 by Burnleyhoop

Saw plenty of Dozzel in the pre season training camp pictures…..gave me the willys just thinking about him starting in our midfield. Where are the midfield powerhouses that we so desperately need?

We cannot be starting the season with the another bunch of naive, timid academy boys. It’s almost July and despite a partial clear out, no sign of any replacements. Worrying.

Most players we will be after are going to be out of contract players and most of those won't be out of contract until 30th June so I don't think you'll see any new signings until then
Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 07:17 - Jun 27 with 1017 viewsFDC

Really hope it works for him next season, there's clearly a player in there. You wonder how he fits in to an Ainsworth team built around getting balls onto Dykes' head though.
Taylor Richards Piece on the Offish on 09:10 - Jun 27 with 877 viewstoboboly

I think he has been worse than woeful so far but would prefer it if he had a great season.

I am always surprised that no-one mentions he is supposed to be a boyhood QPR fan, and if you were a boyhood QPR fan you would think that when you at least did get on the pitch you would put in 1000% no matter what.

I am yet to see that desire to play for his boyhood club.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024