Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back 14:43 - Jul 29 with 3916 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

[Post edited 29 Jul 2023 14:46]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 14:50 - Jul 29 with 3394 viewsWhiterockin

When we sign a left back.
When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 22:03 - Aug 12 with 3152 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Has he seen enough?

When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 22:09 - Aug 12 with 3139 viewsjack247

Depends how big his ego is. If he’s humble and pragmatic, Saturday.
When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 01:36 - Aug 13 with 3063 viewsdobjack2

When we get a left back, left footed central defender and sell Wood.
When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 07:50 - Aug 13 with 2986 viewsWhiterockin

When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 01:36 - Aug 13 by dobjack2

In a back four Wood and Cabango would be our first choice.
When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 08:11 - Aug 13 with 2961 viewsangryjack

When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 07:50 - Aug 13 by Whiterockin

In a back four Wood and Cabango would be our first choice.

Wouldn't have csbango snywhete near team tbh
When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 08:40 - Aug 13 with 2926 viewsWhiterockin

When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 08:11 - Aug 13 by angryjack

Wouldn't have csbango snywhete near team tbh

He is a far better player in a back four than he is a three.
When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 08:49 - Aug 13 with 2907 viewsSullutaCreturned

When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 01:36 - Aug 13 by dobjack2

Sell Wood? he's better than Darling. Of the back 3 yesterday Wood was the best by far. Not that it's saying much.

If Duff has the common sense he'll change it but if he's stubborn like Martin we'll be here for a while.
Login to get fewer ads

When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 08:54 - Aug 13 with 2889 viewsangryjack

When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 08:40 - Aug 13 by Whiterockin

He's useless
When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 09:14 - Aug 13 with 2862 viewsWhiterockin

When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 08:54 - Aug 13 by angryjack

He's useless

You are entitled to your opinion as are we all, it doesn't make it correct though.
When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 09:22 - Aug 13 with 2848 viewsSullutaCreturned

When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 09:14 - Aug 13 by Whiterockin

You are entitled to your opinion as are we all, it doesn't make it correct though.

His defending was ok yesterday but his passing was useless.
When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 09:26 - Aug 13 with 2831 viewsWhiterockin

When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 09:22 - Aug 13 by SullutaCreturned

His defending was ok yesterday but his passing was useless.

It would be a totally different game in a back four, more emphasis would be on defending and feeding the full back or holding midfield. No more passing around between the three central defenders.
When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 09:47 - Aug 13 with 2808 viewsangryjack

When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 09:14 - Aug 13 by Whiterockin

He's useless
When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 09:55 - Aug 13 with 2796 viewsSullutaCreturned

When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 09:26 - Aug 13 by Whiterockin

It would be a totally different game in a back four, more emphasis would be on defending and feeding the full back or holding midfield. No more passing around between the three central defenders.

Yes, we saw that last season. it's the fannying around in the back 3, not helped when Grimes dropped back in between them and we had no midfield.

Maybe we should try 4-1-3-2?
When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 10:07 - Aug 13 with 2779 viewsdobjack2

When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 08:49 - Aug 13 by SullutaCreturned

Sell Wood? he's better than Darling. Of the back 3 yesterday Wood was the best by far. Not that it's saying much.

If Duff has the common sense he'll change it but if he's stubborn like Martin we'll be here for a while.

If we are bringing in these players it suggests to me that someone is on their way. The one most likely to have interest from elsewhere is Wood.
When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 11:06 - Aug 13 with 2715 viewsgrabsplatter

When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 10:07 - Aug 13 by dobjack2

If we are bringing in these players it suggests to me that someone is on their way. The one most likely to have interest from elsewhere is Wood.

Which would be a worry because he's the only 1 of the 3 that looks OK at the moment
When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 11:09 - Aug 13 with 2703 viewsKeithHaynes

I’ve often heard it said by numerous people involved in the game that systems like 442 433 etc really don’t exist other than in the minds of people who don’t understand how football has evolved.

That includes me btw.

Baffling 😂

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 11:19 - Aug 13 with 2671 viewsWhiterockin

When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 11:09 - Aug 13 by KeithHaynes

I’ve often heard it said by numerous people involved in the game that systems like 442 433 etc really don’t exist other than in the minds of people who don’t understand how football has evolved.

That includes me btw.

Baffling 😂

Formations are fluid throughout the game and change with the managers and opposition tactics. Let's just say I would like to play with two central defenders and a full back on either side. The six players in front of that can interchange.
When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 11:26 - Aug 13 with 2634 viewsBryanSwan

That includes me btw.

Baffling 😂

Although a basic view using things like 442 etc to describe a system is still correct, got absolutely no time for coaches etc who think they are well above everyone else.
If you play with 2 fullbacks and 2 centrebacks thats a 4, I dont care if when in possession the midfielder drops in and the fullbacks push forward. The base analysis of it being a back 4 is still correct.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 11:28 - Aug 13 with 2627 viewsunion_jack

When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 08:40 - Aug 13 by Whiterockin

I’ll bow to your better knowledge on that WR but at the moment I believe he’s a weak link on the pitch.

Players of supposedly far less quality than him have a better touch in the ball. Some of the passing witnessed yesterday you wouldn’t see at junior level. He wasn’t alone either.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 14:50 - Aug 13 with 2531 viewsBadlands

Darling is our weak point in the back line of three or four and B Cooper isn’t anywhere near the standard needed.
We either need another left sided CB to take pressure off Wood and Cabango or fast track Ben Blythe.
ps. If Cbango is so poor how do all independent valuation site consistently lost him as our highest value player and people who have played CB or know something about football rate him highly?
[Post edited 13 Aug 2023 14:51]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 18:54 - Aug 13 with 2458 viewsBadlands

Signing Tjoe-A-On means we can go back 4.
Key Wood Cabango Tjoe-A-On

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 17:37 - Aug 26 with 2235 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Come on Miserable Mike, you know it makes sense.

When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 08:32 - Aug 27 with 2002 viewsBryanSwan

When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 18:54 - Aug 13 by Badlands

Signing Tjoe-A-On means we can go back 4.
Key Wood Cabango Tjoe-A-On

But we won't, going to be a long season if we have to watch this set up every week.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

When will Duff Switch to 4 at the Back on 12:34 - Aug 27 with 1936 viewsRichardO

That includes me btw.

Baffling 😂

By evolving don't you mean going full circle?
Didn't we use to play three at the back in the old days, a Centre Half two full backs two half backs, two inside forwards, a centre forward and two wingers , then teams moved to four at the back to counter the big centre forward threat with a sweeper, it goes on and on.
With the number of subs available now teams can change almost half the team to counter threats, meaning a manager whose team was on top, may have to quickly have to counter the counter measures.
11 players on the field against 11 players manager has to deal with issues he see on the pitch.
I have and had some reservations about some players unable to play in certain ways but even last year Martin stuck with some players who eventually became part of a consistent winning team but the manager had to adapt his team to suit his players.
Duff has stepped up a level, needs to know what all his player can do before dismissing any but that takes time and even trial and error.
Once the transfer window closes I hope he will have a better idea of how to get the best out of our team
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024