Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED FRI 14:01 - Aug 9 with 16891 viewsModeratorC

The Swans visit a happy hunting ground of late on Saturday. It’s the Baggies away and a fine away turn out is expected.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60615/west-bromwich-albi
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60617/late-late-show-fro

West Bromwich Albion: Alex Palmer, Darnell Furlong, Conor Townsend, Cedric Kipre, Semi Ajayi, Jed Wallace (captain), Jayson Molumby, Matt Phillips, Erik Pieters, John Swift, Okay Yokuslu.

Substitutes: Josh Griffiths, Kyle Bartley, Josh Maja, Nathaniel Chalobah, Jeremy Sarmiento, Alex Mowatt, Taylor Gardner-Hickman, Tom Fellows, Ethan Ingram.

Swansea City: Carl Rushworth; Harry Darling, Ben Cabango, Nathan Wood; Harrison Ashby, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Ollie Cooper, Josh Key; Joel Piroe, Jerry Yates.

Substitutes: Andy Fisher, Joe Allen, Josh Ginnelly, Jamie Paterson, Charlie Patino, Mykola Kuharevich, Liam Cullen, Kyle Naughton, Azeem Abdulai.

This post has been edited by an administrator
West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:32 - Aug 9 with 8286 viewsSullutaCreturned

With my little pick and shovel....
West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:51 - Aug 9 with 8236 viewscadleigh

What’s you preferred starting XI for this game?
[Post edited 10 Aug 2023 8:09]

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 12:43 - Aug 10 with 8033 viewsThurrockJack92

West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:51 - Aug 9 by cadleigh

What’s you preferred starting XI for this game?
[Post edited 10 Aug 2023 8:09]

Same as last week with Cooper or Cullen instead of Paterson. Maybe Allen in for Fulton as well.
West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED THURS on 13:29 - Aug 10 with 7966 viewsRhonddaSwans

Could be our first 3 points, I hope they play kepre 🤞.
The west Brom fans are unhappy at the moment, I feel sorry for them tbh their squad looks bang average. Every other season for years they would have at least 3 or 4 players that would walk into any team in the league.
Looking at their predicted team for the weekend asante is their scariest player.
Perhaps we can loan them I Morgan? help them out a bit 😂

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 13:37 - Aug 10 with 7950 viewsRichardO

West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 12:43 - Aug 10 by ThurrockJack92

Same as last week with Cooper or Cullen instead of Paterson. Maybe Allen in for Fulton as well.

On the midweek performances agree the changes from the team that started against Birminham, Cooper in for Paterson with Cullen coming on for Cooper later in the game because he starts to look heavy legged given the amount of work he does and Allen in for Fulton, that would mean when Allen inevitably will need to come off you have the choice to go defensive and bring on Fulton or you pick someone more attack minded as needed.
West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED THURS on 14:46 - Aug 10 with 7868 viewsBadlands

It will interesting to see Duff's formation if he starts Abdulai on the left again.
Same as Brum with Ginnelly for Paterson and Allen for Fulton.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED THURS on 18:50 - Aug 10 with 7726 viewsSullutaCreturned

West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED THURS on 14:46 - Aug 10 by Badlands

It will interesting to see Duff's formation if he starts Abdulai on the left again.
Same as Brum with Ginnelly for Paterson and Allen for Fulton.

This but I'd start with Cooper but when he needs subbing then put Ginnelly on.

Whichever way, I wouldn't be starting Pato.
West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED THURS on 19:38 - Aug 10 with 7681 viewshowenjack

West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED THURS on 13:29 - Aug 10 by RhonddaSwans

Could be our first 3 points, I hope they play kepre 🤞.
The west Brom fans are unhappy at the moment, I feel sorry for them tbh their squad looks bang average. Every other season for years they would have at least 3 or 4 players that would walk into any team in the league.
Looking at their predicted team for the weekend asante is their scariest player.
Perhaps we can loan them I Morgan? help them out a bit 😂

Don't speak too soon they 've signed this guy
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/carlos-corberan-de
Login to get fewer ads

West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED THURS on 10:21 - Aug 11 with 7347 viewsBoundy

West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED THURS on 18:50 - Aug 10 by SullutaCreturned

This but I'd start with Cooper but when he needs subbing then put Ginnelly on.

Whichever way, I wouldn't be starting Pato.

With the choices we know seem to have then imo I wouldnt start him either , although I appreciate its very early in the season I sometimes have to check and see if he's on the pitch , he's been very anonymous so far

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED FRI on 11:17 - Aug 11 with 7295 viewsKeithHaynes

Updated

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED THURS on 12:54 - Aug 11 with 7206 viewsThurrockJack92

West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED THURS on 10:21 - Aug 11 by Boundy

With the choices we know seem to have then imo I wouldnt start him either , although I appreciate its very early in the season I sometimes have to check and see if he's on the pitch , he's been very anonymous so far

Would love to be proved wrong, but I think we've had the best out of him that we will get. His hunger from initially joining us has gone.
West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED FRI on 06:59 - Aug 12 with 6831 viewsbuilthjack

Come on the boys, get those 3 points. Should be a cracking atmosphere.

*** word of warning +++
Don’t stand behind Fireboy during the game.
A Ruby and a bucket of beer is a dangerous concoction.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED FRI on 07:13 - Aug 12 with 6819 viewsFireboy2

West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED FRI on 06:59 - Aug 12 by builthjack

Come on the boys, get those 3 points. Should be a cracking atmosphere.

*** word of warning +++
Don’t stand behind Fireboy during the game.
A Ruby and a bucket of beer is a dangerous concoction.

Got to get there first, still at work, will get home at around 8.30, train is at 8.40.

Just hope I don't get a job before 8 🙏
West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED FRI on 07:17 - Aug 12 with 6808 viewsbuilthjack

West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED FRI on 07:13 - Aug 12 by Fireboy2

Got to get there first, still at work, will get home at around 8.30, train is at 8.40.

Have a good one

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED FRI on 07:21 - Aug 12 with 6812 viewsFireboy2

West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED FRI on 07:17 - Aug 12 by builthjack

Have a good one

👍
West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED FRI on 07:32 - Aug 12 with 6800 viewsSullutaCreturned

West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED FRI on 07:13 - Aug 12 by Fireboy2

And you were nagging me!

It's safe for me to stand behind you though, I can't smell anything
West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED FRI on 08:55 - Aug 12 with 6727 viewsFireboy2

West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED FRI on 07:32 - Aug 12 by SullutaCreturned

And you were nagging me!

It's safe for me to stand behind you though, I can't smell anything

What a palaver, managed to get home at 8.15, got some brekkie at mcds, got to the station in time but forgot the match tickets, managed to get back home and to the station in time for the train.
West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED FRI on 09:56 - Aug 12 with 6659 viewssw02sea

Whatever the outcome today, one big difference for us is strength in depth from the bench.
With 5 subs available from 9 ! it will be interesting to see Duff’s tactical ability in utilising them.
This is a huge benefit for the “better” sides.
Dare I say, that now includes us ?
By the way, a bugbear of mine is 11 of our players back for corners.
Can we have at least one up, on or near the halfway line?
This normally takes 2 of the opposition defenders out of our penalty area, to mark him.
I do remember when Curt was our temp manager, he put 2 up when we were playing against a team of giants.
It took 3 to mark them, thus taking them out of our box for their corner.
Genius was our Curt 😎
West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED FRI on 10:05 - Aug 12 with 6647 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60615/west-bromwich-albi

West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED FRI on 10:32 - Aug 12 with 6586 viewsRichardO

West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED FRI on 08:55 - Aug 12 by Fireboy2

What a palaver, managed to get home at 8.15, got some brekkie at mcds, got to the station in time but forgot the match tickets, managed to get back home and to the station in time for the train.

Looks as if it has all come together nicely for you, hope your day just keeps getting better.
West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED FRI on 10:58 - Aug 12 with 6557 viewsFireboy2

West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED FRI on 10:32 - Aug 12 by RichardO

Looks as if it has all come together nicely for you, hope your day just keeps getting better.

Thanks Richard 👌

Will probably be in the vine by 11.15, Cat is picking us up from Sandwell and Dudley station 😁👌
West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED FRI on 11:05 - Aug 12 with 6547 viewsvetchonian

West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED FRI on 08:55 - Aug 12 by Fireboy2

they are good omens for the day, give them a shout for me enjoy

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED FRI on 11:38 - Aug 12 with 6518 viewsKeithHaynes

You should go paperless 😂

Have a great day 👍

West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED FRI on 14:29 - Aug 12 with 6335 viewsWhiterockin

West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED FRI on 10:58 - Aug 12 by Fireboy2

Thanks Richard 👌

Will probably be in the vine by 11.15, Cat is picking us up from Sandwell and Dudley station 😁👌

The vine is so last year, the royal oak is the place to go.
West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED FRI on 14:32 - Aug 12 with 6319 viewsonehunglow

Hope people allow extra time as yesterday traffic around M5/M6 was horrific .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024