Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall 19:20 - Aug 12 with 4079 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60624/michael-duff-maste

Hey Micky your so fine, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 19:27 - Aug 12 with 3209 viewsKeithHaynes

Hell of a swipe at what has gone before.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 19:35 - Aug 12 with 3159 viewsDr_Winston

Like I said, damage to undo. The only way Martin could get consistent results was by abandoning everything that he was trying to do.

Duff is trying to build a team and squad for whom high work rate and high pressure is the default, not an admission of defeat. It remains to be seen whether or not he'll be successful, but either way It'll take time.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 19:37 - Aug 12 with 3156 viewsKeithHaynes

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 19:35 - Aug 12 by Dr_Winston

Like I said, damage to undo. The only way Martin could get consistent results was by abandoning everything that he was trying to do.

Duff is trying to build a team and squad for whom high work rate and high pressure is the default, not an admission of defeat. It remains to be seen whether or not he'll be successful, but either way It'll take time.

Duff needs to look forwards. Not backwards.

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 19:41 - Aug 12 with 3143 viewsjack247

He’s blamed everyone apart from his own formation and instructions there. Cooper and Martin would both have been castigated for giving an interview like that after a performance like that.

It’s not Martin or the players fault that our two strikers were isolated most of the first half and that our midfield were dominated until he brought Patino and Cullen on for Cooper and Ashby.

To his credit, at least he did change it, as he did last week.
Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 19:44 - Aug 12 with 3119 viewsBadlands

Martin spent nearly two season trying to impose a style that was beyond his ability but players turned it into a winning formula toward the end.
Duff looks like he will also spend much time coaching out the pervious style. Hopefully the quality of player will overcome the kick and rush approach.
This reminds me of Monk. He got rid of our continental style for an English style but couldn’t coach the players to be better at it than other sides. End3d up taking 6 seasons to iron out the legacy. Where

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 19:46 - Aug 12 with 3101 viewsKeithHaynes

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 19:44 - Aug 12 by Badlands

Martin spent nearly two season trying to impose a style that was beyond his ability but players turned it into a winning formula toward the end.
Duff looks like he will also spend much time coaching out the pervious style. Hopefully the quality of player will overcome the kick and rush approach.
This reminds me of Monk. He got rid of our continental style for an English style but couldn’t coach the players to be better at it than other sides. End3d up taking 6 seasons to iron out the legacy. Where

Ah, so it was the players not the manager 😂

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 19:57 - Aug 12 with 3053 viewsBarryTownSwam

So if Duff is claiming it’s a hangover from Martin and he’s frustrated with his team playing like a Martin team, is that a hint most of last seasons team will soon be benched? New keeper, 2 new full backs & another defender to come in, some great new talent in midfield and Yates/Joel up top doesn’t suggest there will be many of the ‘Russ brigade’ left in a few weeks!
Assuming 4-4-2 we have (in my opinion, so far)
Rushworth
Ashby, Key, one of Wood/Cabango/Darling, new defender?
Allen/Grimes (if he stays), Patino, Cooper
Piroe (playing behind) Yates & Ginnelly
Not many of Martin’s crew in that starting 11
[Post edited 12 Aug 2023 19:59]
Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 20:54 - Aug 12 with 2901 viewsmax936

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 19:37 - Aug 12 by KeithHaynes

Duff needs to look forwards. Not backwards.

Superb post .

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 20:57 - Aug 12 with 2868 viewsonehunglow

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 19:57 - Aug 12 by BarryTownSwam

So if Duff is claiming it’s a hangover from Martin and he’s frustrated with his team playing like a Martin team, is that a hint most of last seasons team will soon be benched? New keeper, 2 new full backs & another defender to come in, some great new talent in midfield and Yates/Joel up top doesn’t suggest there will be many of the ‘Russ brigade’ left in a few weeks!
Rushworth

Well yes.
I see his point
Some others might too.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 21:27 - Aug 12 with 2813 viewsjack247

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 19:57 - Aug 12 by BarryTownSwam

Rushworth

I’m not really having the Martin thing. We didn’t play anything like a Martin team. We rarely put a passing sequence together.

It’s not as if he’s come in and tried to teach them something revolutionary. It’s the most basic football we’ve played since the Clement and Carvahal days. They’ve all played similar football before. It’s not as if Cabango has to be re taught how to put his foot through a clearance just because he hasn’t been doing it for two seasons.

I was glad Martin left in the end, it wasn’t working. Repeatedly harking back to that and blaming the players really aren’t good looks. Both of our last two managers had a habit of blaming everyone else. I didn’t like it from them and I don’t like it from Duff.

Positives - the recruitment looks good. Ashby not up to speed, but Key was excellent, Rushworth very good last week, Patino looked a cut above, hard to tell with Yates because we’re not providing him with much service.

Fitness - he mentioned he thought we’d be fitter than West Brom and he was absolutely right. Very obvious towards the end. We conceded a lot of late goals last season, if we’re in better condition than opponents, good chance we can reverse that.

He’s not scared to change formation
Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 21:41 - Aug 12 with 2771 viewsbuilthjack

He seems to be getting lots of excuses in. A dangerous game.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 22:09 - Aug 12 with 2716 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 21:41 - Aug 12 by builthjack

He seems to be getting lots of excuses in. A dangerous game.

100 percent. He's in the job and getting paid to do it, it's his full responsibility......... regardless.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 22:14 - Aug 12 with 2709 viewsBadlands

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 19:46 - Aug 12 by KeithHaynes

Ah, so it was the players not the manager 😂

Whispers … he had given up in Feb.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 08:47 - Aug 13 with 2309 viewsWhiterockin

To be honest I see nothing wrong with what Duff said, it was clear for us all to see. You can practice as much as you like in training when you go into match day mode they are currently slipping back to their old ways. The midfield that started yesterday will be drastically changed in the coming week IMO.
Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 09:33 - Aug 13 with 2214 viewsonehunglow

We are clearly all uncertain

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 09:50 - Aug 13 with 2174 viewsOptimisticJack

Looks like we have made excellent signings this window.
Players need time to bed in.
Squad has been significantly improved on last season.
Patience is the name of the game.
Results will follow.

Optimisticjack

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 09:52 - Aug 13 with 2168 viewsSullutaCreturned

If it were me (and we are so lucky it isn't) I'd bench Grimes and start Patino.

Grimes always takes the pace out of a game and he made the same mistake yesterday as last season in that he often dropped too deep, in between our centre halves. He should be driving play forward not taking it backwards.

He's a good option when you are ahead in the lat 20 because slowing t down, retaining the ball, it works then but it doesn't work when you are chasing the game.

If Allen is fit I'd start Patino and Allen ahead of Grimes and Cooper.
Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 09:57 - Aug 13 with 2152 viewsWhiterockin

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 09:52 - Aug 13 by SullutaCreturned

Grimes always takes the pace out of a game and he made the same mistake yesterday as last season in that he often dropped too deep, in between our centre halves. He should be driving play forward not taking it backwards.

He's a good option when you are ahead in the lat 20 because slowing t down, retaining the ball, it works then but it doesn't work when you are chasing the game.

With what we currently have, I would play Patino in the centre and play Grimes on the left of midfield. Drastic I know, but at least we would have a left footer out wide. Teams know we are weak on the left and use it to their advantage.
Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 11:31 - Aug 13 with 2051 viewsunion_jack

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 08:47 - Aug 13 by Whiterockin

To be honest I see nothing wrong with what Duff said, it was clear for us all to see. You can practice as much as you like in training when you go into match day mode they are currently slipping back to their old ways. The midfield that started yesterday will be drastically changed in the coming week IMO.

This

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 11:31 - Aug 13 with 2043 viewsunion_jack

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 09:50 - Aug 13 by OptimisticJack

Looks like we have made excellent signings this window.
Players need time to bed in.
Squad has been significantly improved on last season.
Patience is the name of the game.
Results will follow.

And this!

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 11:32 - Aug 13 with 2037 viewsunion_jack

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 09:52 - Aug 13 by SullutaCreturned

And most definitely this!!

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 11:56 - Aug 13 with 2000 viewsWhiterockin

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 11:32 - Aug 13 by union_jack

And most definitely this!!

You are in a very agreeable mood this morning
Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 12:19 - Aug 13 with 1960 viewsFireboy2

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 08:47 - Aug 13 by Whiterockin

I bloody hope so WR, the midfield was bloody awful yesterday, they were bossed and were second to every ball that dropped, I like fulton and grimes but they should never play together, why didn't we see allen at all?

Patino was a breath of fresh air when he came on, he has earned a staring berth against Coventry, we need to attack them from the start, not be conservative and wait to see what they are like, we have several good attacking players, they should be positive and bloody attack.
Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 12:41 - Aug 13 with 1936 viewsunion_jack

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 11:56 - Aug 13 by Whiterockin

You are in a very agreeable mood this morning

No I’m not!!!😂

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 13:44 - Aug 13 with 1873 viewsonehunglow

His very first thought seems to pass it backwards . He can pass forwards .
He also loses the ball easily and hasn’t the pace to get back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024