Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Director of Football? 10:28 - Oct 22 with 5568 viewsHammersmithR

It’s almost certain that Ainsworth is getting the sack imminently. We all know we will lose at West Brom and at home to Leicester. We are a team that can’t score or keep clean sheets. I have to watch the likes of Kakay and Adomah start games. I just don’t trust the board to make the right appointment for the next manager. How can the job of Director of Football take so long to appoint? It’s taken months. The process seems more complicated than electing a Pope! No updates or anything from the club. Total utter silence.
Director of Football? on 10:45 - Oct 22 with 4431 viewsRangersw12

Because Hoos now thinks we don't need one and that he can do it
Director of Football? on 10:51 - Oct 22 with 4404 viewsNorthantsHoop

Probably the reason as being suggested on the Ainsworth threat by other posts is that behind the scenes the club is being prepared for sale and a key strategic personnel decision for DoF role would be left to the new owners. Can see Ainsworth being sacked after either WBA or Leicester game depends on how big defeat is, with an interim manager/coach being appointed, the situation is so dire with Ainsworth that it is just not sustainable to maintain his tenure even if his sacking will breach FFP stuff, and get the sale done.
Director of Football? on 11:31 - Oct 22 with 4227 viewsKernowRanger

Might be down to a lack of candidates wanting the role - first thing a DoF is going to want to know is what's already in the building and what resources have I got available to change that. Answer is not much and nothing!
Director of Football? on 12:20 - Oct 22 with 4038 viewsHastings_Hoops

Director of Football? on 11:31 - Oct 22 by KernowRanger

Might be down to a lack of candidates wanting the role - first thing a DoF is going to want to know is what's already in the building and what resources have I got available to change that. Answer is not much and nothing!

I don’t agree with half of that to be honest.

I posted on another thread that it was very telling that the squad we currently have isn’t too dissimilar to the one warburton had when doing his ‘masterclass’ on how he beat Blackburn two years ago. Swap barbet for Clarke-salter, Dickie for Cook, Ball for Colback annd a couple of other changes - Arguably it’s better. The problem is that attitude and the coaching/tactics. Maybe the two go hand in hand?

Warburton as DOF could be interesting, if he was allowed to bring in Eustace as Head Coach.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2023 12:21]
Director of Football? on 12:41 - Oct 22 with 3940 viewsLblock

Why people can’t see we are at the end game of the clown ownership tenure I don’t know

There comes a time when burning that level of cash a month loses its flavour with even the richest of people
It’s all of their own making and could be seen on the horizon by many a dozen years ago.

Liquidation awaits

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Director of Football? on 12:52 - Oct 22 with 3897 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I'm not convinced that the board are genuinely looking or that it will resolve our immediate problems. If there is any money left in the kitty I'd rather spend it on a decent manager than burn it on a DoF.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2023 12:52]
Director of Football? on 13:12 - Oct 22 with 3803 viewsstevec

Director of Football? on 12:41 - Oct 22 by Lblock

Why people can’t see we are at the end game of the clown ownership tenure I don’t know

There comes a time when burning that level of cash a month loses its flavour with even the richest of people
It’s all of their own making and could be seen on the horizon by many a dozen years ago.

Liquidation awaits

I can’t help thinking that Ainsworth is the stooge, brought in to unwittingly manage our decline. It’s like we’re being hoisted on our own petard.

I imagine the owners were fuming last season, when Reading got that points deduction!
Director of Football? on 13:20 - Oct 22 with 3777 viewsNorthernr

Director of Football? on 12:52 - Oct 22 by Benny_the_Ball

I'm not convinced that the board are genuinely looking or that it will resolve our immediate problems. If there is any money left in the kitty I'd rather spend it on a decent manager than burn it on a DoF.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2023 12:52]

Chicken and egg stuff here though.

You're not going to get a decent manager here with this board doing the appointing. They've shown you it time and time again. They sacked Warnock and appointed Hughes, they replaced him with Redknapp. They appointed Holloway second time round as PR play. They swooped in and parachuted in Steve McClaren because "Fernandes needed to scratch that itch". They swooped in again last year and made another populist, PR driven appointment in Ainsworth. If you leave them to replace Ainsworth the absolute best case scenario is they go for Warnock. But it'll be somebody really obvious, probably a crowd pleasing PR driven appointment again. This is why the Mick Beale thing is persisting - they know who that is, therefore he's a possibility. The idea that this board and CEO even know about Luke Williams at Notts County, or Mike Willliamson who's just gone to MK Dons, or any of these up and coming managers doing clever things, let alone have the guts and imagination to actually appoint one of them is fanciful.

If you have a director of football then he brings football knowledge, experience and contacts. He sets the plan for what sort of club and team we're going to be, style of football etc for the next four or five years and appoints within that. Ferdinand was not a particularly good DOF but at least McClaren > Warburton > Beale > Critchley is coherent. And the managers we interviewed or went close to in that time, like Manning who's now monstering League One at Oxford playing fantastic football, fit with that plan. This lot don't have a plan for finding their own ars with both hands.

So yeh it's really easy and simple to say save that salary and spend it on a decent manager instead, but the people you've got here running it are not capable of identifying and appointing that decent manager.

I'll die on the hill that there aren't many clubs in this country at the moment as desperately in need of a DOF as QPR because your owners are benevolent but incompetent.
Login to get fewer ads

Director of Football? on 13:52 - Oct 22 with 3652 viewsPaddyhoops

As I’ve said before. There’s no football to direct at the moment.
Director of Football? on 14:08 - Oct 22 with 3593 viewsBostonR

Director of Football? on 13:20 - Oct 22 by Northernr

Chicken and egg stuff here though.

You're not going to get a decent manager here with this board doing the appointing. They've shown you it time and time again. They sacked Warnock and appointed Hughes, they replaced him with Redknapp. They appointed Holloway second time round as PR play. They swooped in and parachuted in Steve McClaren because "Fernandes needed to scratch that itch". They swooped in again last year and made another populist, PR driven appointment in Ainsworth. If you leave them to replace Ainsworth the absolute best case scenario is they go for Warnock. But it'll be somebody really obvious, probably a crowd pleasing PR driven appointment again. This is why the Mick Beale thing is persisting - they know who that is, therefore he's a possibility. The idea that this board and CEO even know about Luke Williams at Notts County, or Mike Willliamson who's just gone to MK Dons, or any of these up and coming managers doing clever things, let alone have the guts and imagination to actually appoint one of them is fanciful.

If you have a director of football then he brings football knowledge, experience and contacts. He sets the plan for what sort of club and team we're going to be, style of football etc for the next four or five years and appoints within that. Ferdinand was not a particularly good DOF but at least McClaren > Warburton > Beale > Critchley is coherent. And the managers we interviewed or went close to in that time, like Manning who's now monstering League One at Oxford playing fantastic football, fit with that plan. This lot don't have a plan for finding their own ars with both hands.

So yeh it's really easy and simple to say save that salary and spend it on a decent manager instead, but the people you've got here running it are not capable of identifying and appointing that decent manager.

I'll die on the hill that there aren't many clubs in this country at the moment as desperately in need of a DOF as QPR because your owners are benevolent but incompetent.

This post, sums up the plight of the club perfectly. The owners are certainly keeping us afloat, but from a long-term business perspective, we can now assume QPR is not on their "to-do" list and yes, I have been supportive of them.
It's obvious they want out, but who is buying and at what cost? I am not convinced GA is on his way out and if he is, as Clive states, it will be a crowd pleasing appointment that replaces him.
Unfortunately, this squad is the worst I have seen in my 55yrs of watching and the club is a clusterfeck! It's L1 with GA I think.
Director of Football? on 14:10 - Oct 22 with 3584 viewsR_from_afar

Director of Football? on 11:31 - Oct 22 by KernowRanger

On 6th July, West London Sport wrote: "There has been plenty of interest in the job, with a host of potential candidates contacting Rangers since Ferdinand’s departure. Others on the radar are currently at other clubs".

They might have got that wrong, of course.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Director of Football? on 17:39 - Oct 22 with 3265 viewsLblock

My sister runs things for a bank which has recently folded itself so she’s updated her LinkedIn as “Looking for work”

Now I know LinkedIn uses algorithms and the old massive net approach but…… imagine her surprise when she was invited to apply for the position of Head of Operations of Queens Park Rangers Football Club last Friday. She rang me up and asked “are they serious?” When I told her about the absolute state of the place she decided waiting tables at Nando’s might be more rewarding

The place has been shattered into a thousand tiny pieces in front of our eyes and people actually defended, even lauded, Fernandez as he did it.
Even needing to advertise on LinkedIn reinforces what an absolute shoite show it is

Director of Football? on 17:40 - Oct 22 with 3256 viewsNorthernr

Director of Football? on 17:39 - Oct 22 by Lblock

My sister runs things for a bank which has recently folded itself so she’s updated her LinkedIn as “Looking for work”

Now I know LinkedIn uses algorithms and the old massive net approach but…… imagine her surprise when she was invited to apply for the position of Head of Operations of Queens Park Rangers Football Club last Friday. She rang me up and asked “are they serious?” When I told her about the absolute state of the place she decided waiting tables at Nando’s might be more rewarding

The place has been shattered into a thousand tiny pieces in front of our eyes and people actually defended, even lauded, Fernandez as he did it.
Even needing to advertise on LinkedIn reinforces what an absolute shoite show it is

Head of operations currently is, I think, Josh Scott. Who is leaving. Given the absolute state of Loftus Road, that may be no bad thing.
Director of Football? on 17:56 - Oct 22 with 3208 viewsE15Hoop

Director of Football? on 17:40 - Oct 22 by Northernr

Head of operations currently is, I think, Josh Scott. Who is leaving. Given the absolute state of Loftus Road, that may be no bad thing.

Is that the same Josh Scott who was in all the videos over the summer talking about how the training ground was delivered on track and under budget, and who took us blow by blow through the pitch relaying process, whilst conveniently omitting to tell us that the wonderfully planned schedule wouldn't enable us to play a league home game for the entire first month of the season?
Director of Football? on 18:07 - Oct 22 with 3169 viewsdaveB

Amit said at the fans forum they hadn't worked out what the role would cover yet and might not be called a director of football. Kind of sums the club up that 4 months snice Les left they don't even know what the job is yet let alone get someone in for it
Director of Football? on 18:09 - Oct 22 with 3156 viewsE15Hoop

Director of Football? on 18:07 - Oct 22 by daveB

Amit said at the fans forum they hadn't worked out what the role would cover yet and might not be called a director of football. Kind of sums the club up that 4 months snice Les left they don't even know what the job is yet let alone get someone in for it

...Which suggests its not a priority for them, which suggests that there are bigger issues afoot, such as seeking new investors or even putting the feelers out for selling up completely.
Director of Football? on 18:21 - Oct 22 with 3095 viewsdaveB

Director of Football? on 18:09 - Oct 22 by E15Hoop

...Which suggests its not a priority for them, which suggests that there are bigger issues afoot, such as seeking new investors or even putting the feelers out for selling up completely.

or suggests they have no idea what they are doing
Director of Football? on 18:25 - Oct 22 with 3081 viewsNorthernr

Director of Football? on 18:21 - Oct 22 by daveB

or suggests they have no idea what they are doing

Second this motion.
Director of Football? on 18:25 - Oct 22 with 3076 viewsNorthernr

Director of Football? on 18:07 - Oct 22 by daveB

They didn't know what it was when he was here. Oh we've got a director of football, but yeh also Steve McClaren's now your manager and he hates your summer transfer plans so we're not doing that any more. Anyway, this is Tomer Hemed, say hi to Tomer.
Director of Football? on 18:26 - Oct 22 with 3073 viewsNorthernr

Director of Football? on 17:56 - Oct 22 by E15Hoop

Is that the same Josh Scott who was in all the videos over the summer talking about how the training ground was delivered on track and under budget, and who took us blow by blow through the pitch relaying process, whilst conveniently omitting to tell us that the wonderfully planned schedule wouldn't enable us to play a league home game for the entire first month of the season?

It could very well be, yes.
Director of Football? on 18:42 - Oct 22 with 3007 viewsTheCommonHours

Director of Football? on 17:39 - Oct 22 by Lblock

To be fair, I’d give her a go…

It couldn’t be any worse…
Director of Football? on 19:24 - Oct 22 with 2847 viewsted_hendrix

League 1 scares me half to death, for the life of me I can't make sense of people saying It wouldn't be a bad thing were we to get relegated.

Some big clubs down there with bigger attendances than we get who've been stuck down there for a while.

Portsmouth, Derby County, Bolton Wanderers and look at how long Charlton Athletic have been down there and yesterday they had a crowd of over 15,000.

Nah, sod that Its a football club graveyard down there.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Director of Football? on 21:30 - Oct 22 with 2586 viewsManinBlack

Director of Football? on 12:20 - Oct 22 by Hastings_Hoops

I don’t agree with half of that to be honest.

I posted on another thread that it was very telling that the squad we currently have isn’t too dissimilar to the one warburton had when doing his ‘masterclass’ on how he beat Blackburn two years ago. Swap barbet for Clarke-salter, Dickie for Cook, Ball for Colback annd a couple of other changes - Arguably it’s better. The problem is that attitude and the coaching/tactics. Maybe the two go hand in hand?

Warburton as DOF could be interesting, if he was allowed to bring in Eustace as Head Coach.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2023 12:21]

Wasn't that masterclass over Blackburn down to the genius of Eze rather than Warbs? Eze was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch imo. It is probably the only time we have beaten Rovers in two decades.
Director of Football? on 21:57 - Oct 22 with 2487 viewsHastings_Hoops

Director of Football? on 19:24 - Oct 22 by ted_hendrix

League 1 scares me half to death, for the life of me I can't make sense of people saying It wouldn't be a bad thing were we to get relegated.

Some big clubs down there with bigger attendances than we get who've been stuck down there for a while.

Portsmouth, Derby County, Bolton Wanderers and look at how long Charlton Athletic have been down there and yesterday they had a crowd of over 15,000.

Nah, sod that Its a football club graveyard down there.

I think the theory goes that, if you have benevolent owners who will convert loans to equity you can spend as much as you like, operation pi$$ the league through League One and the Championship and live in the land of milk and honey for a season.
Director of Football? on 22:07 - Oct 22 with 2442 viewsLblock

Director of Football? on 18:42 - Oct 22 by TheCommonHours

To be fair, I’d give her a go…

It couldn’t be any worse…

She's probably not your type.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024