Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cullen 16:37 - Nov 11 with 3189 viewsChippy69

Needs to go for both parties

They make us feel indebted For saving us from hell And then they put us through it It's time the bastards fell

Cullen on 11:20 - Nov 12 with 768 viewsjasper_T

Cullen on 09:56 - Nov 12 by jack247

Hopefully Key is OK by the Hull game and it’s a chance to play him and Ashby on the right, if not it will probably be Ollie Cooper.

Duff desperately needs to find a system that gets the most out of our attack though. Setting players up to fail is a bigger problem than the players themselves. I could see it working if Ginelly was fit.

"Hopefully" and "Ashby" in the same sentence this is a nightmare.
Cullen on 12:14 - Nov 12 with 702 viewsonehunglow

Cullen on 11:20 - Nov 12 by jasper_T

Why don’t we sign players able to be deployed as fits our play .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cullen on 13:09 - Nov 12 with 675 viewsWhiterockin

Cullen on 11:18 - Nov 12 by jasper_T

3 penalties in the end of the season run when he scored 5 in 6 games. 7 goals in 3 weeks in October, mostly with his head, and only 2 goals otherwise all season. 11 from open play in 41 games isn't terribly impressive even before you take into account how many of them happened in such a short period when he wasn't even played as a striker (mostly on the left according to transfermarkt).

Going by the numbers Cullen was the better player last season, and by the eyes the better player this one.

Thanks for the breakdown, sometimes overall stats don't always show the true picture.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Cullen on 13:16 - Nov 12 with 653 viewsRhonddaSwans

What just for two yellow cards and a bad day at the office?

Soon as he scores his next goal everyone will be loving him again.

We were played off the park yesterday.
Would of been stopped by 56th minute if it was a fight.

Poll: Euro 2024 Winner 🏆 Predictions

Cullen on 13:22 - Nov 12 with 647 viewsangryjack

Cullen on 13:16 - Nov 12 by RhonddaSwans

It's not all about scoring you know,anyone can score if they play up front enough times I remember.ber Stewart Roberts and Christian maclean scoring once or twice as well.
Cullen on 13:30 - Nov 12 with 640 viewsjack247

Cullen on 11:20 - Nov 12 by jasper_T

What would you do? Key behind Cooper?
Cullen on 13:31 - Nov 12 with 638 viewsRhonddaSwans

Cullen on 13:22 - Nov 12 by angryjack

It's not all about scoring you know,anyone can score if they play up front enough times I remember.ber Stewart Roberts and Christian maclean scoring once or twice as well.

My view on the lad this season is he is developing.
He is in the Wales team and looks fitter and stronger than other seasons.
He isn't just the one trick pony now of mopping up for Joel P.

He scored a cracking goal from cutting in off the wing the other day.
His defensive game is my only?
He needs to watch Jamal Lowe tracking back.

Yesterday there was more of our players than just Cullen who looked bang average.

Pato had a bad game aswell.

Letting Morgan Whittaker go is looking like the worst move we have made under Duff
[Post edited 12 Nov 2023 13:34]

Poll: Euro 2024 Winner 🏆 Predictions

Cullen on 13:32 - Nov 12 with 636 viewsjack247

Cullen on 11:18 - Nov 12 by jasper_T

3 penalties in the end of the season run when he scored 5 in 6 games. 7 goals in 3 weeks in October, mostly with his head, and only 2 goals otherwise all season. 11 from open play in 41 games isn't terribly impressive even before you take into account how many of them happened in such a short period when he wasn't even played as a striker (mostly on the left according to transfermarkt).

Going by the numbers Cullen was the better player last season, and by the eyes the better player this one.

Cullen didn’t get the credit he deserved last season. He’s taking flak this season because people expect him to be able to play on the wing.
Login to get fewer ads

Cullen on 13:35 - Nov 12 with 628 viewsswan_si

Cullen on 13:31 - Nov 12 by RhonddaSwans

My view on the lad this season is he is developing.
He is in the Wales team and looks fitter and stronger than other seasons.
He isn't just the one trick pony now of mopping up for Joel P.

He scored a cracking goal from cutting in off the wing the other day.
His defensive game is my only?
He needs to watch Jamal Lowe tracking back.

Yesterday there was more of our players than just Cullen who looked bang average.

Pato had a bad game aswell.

Letting Morgan Whittaker go is looking like the worst move we have made under Duff
[Post edited 12 Nov 2023 13:34]

Morgan Whittaker wanted to go he made that clear on Duffs first day, his mind was already made up.
Cullen on 13:41 - Nov 12 with 622 viewsjack247

Cullen on 13:35 - Nov 12 by swan_si

Morgan Whittaker wanted to go he made that clear on Duffs first day, his mind was already made up.

As talented as he clearly is, his performances for us last season were borderline offensive. No matter how badly he’d been treated, you can’t coast through games shying away from contact.

He was messed about with the Plymouth and Rangers things, Martin didn’t rate him and when he did play it was a cameo on the right. I get all that, but it’s no excuse to down tools. Good footballer, bad professional.
Cullen on 13:45 - Nov 12 with 605 viewsonehunglow

Cullen on 13:41 - Nov 12 by jack247

As talented as he clearly is, his performances for us last season were borderline offensive. No matter how badly he’d been treated, you can’t coast through games shying away from contact.

He was messed about with the Plymouth and Rangers things, Martin didn’t rate him and when he did play it was a cameo on the right. I get all that, but it’s no excuse to down tools. Good footballer, bad professional.

Fair.
He could have stayed and given it a go under Duff.
Martin however treated him appallingly and he obviously never forgive him nor the club.
Bluddy shame

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cullen on 13:52 - Nov 12 with 600 viewsjack247

Cullen on 13:45 - Nov 12 by onehunglow

Fair.
He could have stayed and given it a go under Duff.
Martin however treated him appallingly and he obviously never forgive him nor the club.
Bluddy shame

There’s very little doubt he’d be starting every week had he stayed and sorted his attitude out. His issues must have run deeper than Martin, though I don’t doubt he was a big part of it.
Cullen on 14:16 - Nov 12 with 583 viewsjasper_T

Cullen on 13:52 - Nov 12 by jack247

There’s very little doubt he’d be starting every week had he stayed and sorted his attitude out. His issues must have run deeper than Martin, though I don’t doubt he was a big part of it.

His issues here started the first week when Cooper was crying to the press about how much he needed to sign a striker. Made it very clear Whittaker wasn't in his thinking.
Cullen on 14:27 - Nov 12 with 559 viewsjasper_T

Cullen on 13:30 - Nov 12 by jack247

What would you do? Key behind Cooper?

I'd be giving Congreve or Liam Smith a chance long before trying to convert Ashby into an attacking player. Kukharevych would have made an interesting option up against a fullback before he got injured, when Darling at left centre back was putting the big diagonals over to that side.

Duff's refusal to use all his subs makes our options look thinner than they actually are.
Cullen on 15:01 - Nov 12 with 531 viewsBoundy

Cullen on 13:16 - Nov 12 by RhonddaSwans

and yet our heads didn't drop and could have pinched an underserved point .Thats football for you

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Cullen on 15:27 - Nov 12 with 505 viewsKeithHaynes

Cullen on 13:41 - Nov 12 by jack247

Morgan was one of those players who didn’t like feedback, and he didn’t like having to correct his own development in a certain way. He didn’t understand or couldn’t understand the simple basics of taking personal ownership for his own improvement.

And quite rightly got the big stick he thoroughly deserved.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Cullen on 16:42 - Nov 12 with 467 viewsjack247

Cullen on 14:27 - Nov 12 by jasper_T

I'd be giving Congreve or Liam Smith a chance long before trying to convert Ashby into an attacking player. Kukharevych would have made an interesting option up against a fullback before he got injured, when Darling at left centre back was putting the big diagonals over to that side.

Duff's refusal to use all his subs makes our options look thinner than they actually are.

And here’s the dilemma.

Two full backs, a central midfielder who isn’t going to have 90 minutes match fitness in him or Congreve who is probably more naturally suited to the role, but was raw and tactically/positionally naive when Martin tried him. I don’t know if he’s improved in that regard since.

As much as none of us like Cullen being there, I can see why he has been so far.

Personally, I’d sacrifice a bit of width and add Walsh or Fulton to the midfield with Lowe alongside Yates or Cullen playing as wide strikers like he did with Ayew under cooper.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024