Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs 15:20 - Dec 26 with 9806 viewsParkRoyalR

Marti, that one's on you, removing Larkeche is beyond belief, amongst other baffling choices.

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 20:08 - Dec 27 with 1595 viewsNorthernr

Probably just another three or four managerial changes away from people realising the problem is the players.
Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 20:11 - Dec 27 with 1586 viewsRangersw12

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 20:08 - Dec 27 by Northernr

Probably just another three or four managerial changes away from people realising the problem is the players.

Nah EDB and Larkeche are the new Ray Wilkins and Clive Wilson if only the manager played them every week eh
Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 20:14 - Dec 27 with 1580 viewsNorthernr

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 20:11 - Dec 27 by Rangersw12

Nah EDB and Larkeche are the new Ray Wilkins and Clive Wilson if only the manager played them every week eh

I don't know how many times this group need to show people what they're about before it's accepted there isn't some "best starting 11" that would win games if only the idiot manager would pick it.
Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 21:01 - Dec 27 with 1484 viewsParkRoyalR

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 20:11 - Dec 27 by Rangersw12

Well they can trap a ball, turn and face the opposition's goal, run with the ball and show some tenacity, which is completely alien to some of our so called Midfielders.

I even seen both those two attacking the penalty area, ffs, what do they think they're doing, getting forward, supporting the front 3, this is getting ridiculous.
Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 21:39 - Dec 27 with 1452 viewsPunteR

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 08:41 - Dec 27 by gazza1

The bottom line is, like it or not, Colback & Cook are important to the team (Look at our results without them since the new Manager arrived), lots 'bang on' about Cannon (Look at the Saints goal, look how much game time he plays, missed a good chance yesterday in the second half - better than Kakay, only just, but Kakay is apparently poor), lots went overboard about Begovic when he signed - what a great signing, fantastic, fabulous, Premiership quality, etc. (Been very average indeed and threw another in yesterday & has no sense of urgency whatsoever), forwards, goalscoring ones, are missing.

What can the Manager do, at least he is trying to get us playing proper type football, I have no major issues with what the Manager is trying to do and who he picks. Yea, he has made some strange or different choices re subs, etc than we may have done but nothing major imho.

Colback gives the impression he doesn't want to be here. I would have had him captain over Begovic but then at least Begovic is available for games and doesn't look to get sent off all the time. The pair of them remind me of those Redknap/Hughes type players that came here. Definitely an air of mercenary about them both.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 21:53 - Dec 27 with 1436 viewslassel

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 20:14 - Dec 27 by Northernr

I don't know how many times this group need to show people what they're about before it's accepted there isn't some "best starting 11" that would win games if only the idiot manager would pick it.

You’re spot on that there is no panacea that is going to make this all ok. There are thing you can do to help yourself though, like not pick Kakay and not leave Chair lingering somewhere around Westfield waiting to cut inside.
Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 22:33 - Dec 27 with 1394 viewsDamo1962

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 18:29 - Dec 27 by Hastings_Hoops

His kicking is the last thing we need to worry about… I mean, if we were Arsenal worrying about which goalie can distribute the ball best, then fair enough - but we’re not! Even when we were top London club, i wouldn’t have Stejskal or Roberts as prime distributors of the ball or massively consistent. He’s made some huge saves, which at our level is all we can ask really.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 18:31]

He is the least of our worries for sure.
Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 22:34 - Dec 27 with 1393 viewsDamo1962

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 13:38 - Dec 27 by ParkRoyalR

Respectfully disagree we need him higher up the pitch, given he has scored 2 goals + has 4 assists so far this season?

Chair's stats per minutes played are poor (especially compared to Willock's who plays a similar role in the same team),

There is a strong argument that he slows down our attacking play in the final third by taking too many touches and not getting his head up quick enough to see the best pass (as with Smyth yesterday),

Chair is very fit, has desire + graft, has excellent ball control, can play on the half-turn and can play very accurate long & short passes.

If a 34 year old Barry Bannan can run games for Wednesday, Chair can do this for us in a way Johansen did when fit.

I like this kind of left field thinking. What have we got to lose?
Login to get fewer ads

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 22:48 - Dec 27 with 1377 viewsNorthernr

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 21:01 - Dec 27 by ParkRoyalR

Well they can trap a ball, turn and face the opposition's goal, run with the ball and show some tenacity, which is completely alien to some of our so called Midfielders.

I even seen both those two attacking the penalty area, ffs, what do they think they're doing, getting forward, supporting the front 3, this is getting ridiculous.

We were not 10 more minutes of Ziyad Larkeche and a start for Dixon Bonner away from winning that game yesterday.
Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 22:49 - Dec 27 with 1372 viewsNorthernr

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 21:53 - Dec 27 by lassel

You’re spot on that there is no panacea that is going to make this all ok. There are thing you can do to help yourself though, like not pick Kakay and not leave Chair lingering somewhere around Westfield waiting to cut inside.

Do you genuinely think the manager isn’t completely aware that Osman Kakay is crap? Do you think Cifuentes is sitting there happy he’s got to start that guy?
Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 23:15 - Dec 27 with 1334 viewsQPROslo

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 13:38 - Dec 27 by ParkRoyalR

Respectfully disagree we need him higher up the pitch, given he has scored 2 goals + has 4 assists so far this season?

Chair's stats per minutes played are poor (especially compared to Willock's who plays a similar role in the same team),

There is a strong argument that he slows down our attacking play in the final third by taking too many touches and not getting his head up quick enough to see the best pass (as with Smyth yesterday),

Chair is very fit, has desire + graft, has excellent ball control, can play on the half-turn and can play very accurate long & short passes.

If a 34 year old Barry Bannan can run games for Wednesday, Chair can do this for us in a way Johansen did when fit.

Chair can pass the ball very well but he doesn't like to when we are playing badly, which makes us even worse.
(No subject) (n/t) on 23:52 - Dec 27 with 1284 viewsParkRoyalR

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 22:48 - Dec 27 by Northernr

We were not 10 more minutes of Ziyad Larkeche and a start for Dixon Bonner away from winning that game yesterday.

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 10:43 - Dec 28 with 1112 viewsdaveB

Thing is with Marti when we won 3 in a row he changed the team every game, Willock left out v Stoke, Chair left out at Preston, worked a treat everyone fresh something to prove did well and included some fringe players like Kelman and Dixon-Bonner who did pretty well

As Clive always alludes to though this squad isn't very good and finds ways to lose so for me the manager trying to make changes and get more out of everyone is a good thing, it's not him making the same mistakes they have been making for 2 years now. We don't have a best 11 especially when Cook, Willock, Cannon and Colback are all struggling with injuries.
Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 10:50 - Dec 28 with 1102 viewsNorthernr

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 10:43 - Dec 28 by daveB

Thing is with Marti when we won 3 in a row he changed the team every game, Willock left out v Stoke, Chair left out at Preston, worked a treat everyone fresh something to prove did well and included some fringe players like Kelman and Dixon-Bonner who did pretty well

As Clive always alludes to though this squad isn't very good and finds ways to lose so for me the manager trying to make changes and get more out of everyone is a good thing, it's not him making the same mistakes they have been making for 2 years now. We don't have a best 11 especially when Cook, Willock, Cannon and Colback are all struggling with injuries.

And a big part of the collapse last year was players unavailable, he's trying to keep what few players he has got fit to play.

The criticism of him this week is nuts, frankly. Boxing Day was on the players, 100%.

The manager is fully aware Osman Kakay is crap, but Cannon has had no pre-season and is carryinbg an injury. He knows Willock needs to be playing with Chair, but he also knows he's got an awful recent history with hamstring injuries. He knows Clarke-Salter and Cook are our best centre backs...

He's not waking up in the morning and thinking oooh I know let's sling Aaron Drewe in today for shts and giggles.
Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 11:29 - Dec 28 with 1041 viewsmart_Goblin

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 10:50 - Dec 28 by Northernr

And a big part of the collapse last year was players unavailable, he's trying to keep what few players he has got fit to play.

The criticism of him this week is nuts, frankly. Boxing Day was on the players, 100%.

The manager is fully aware Osman Kakay is crap, but Cannon has had no pre-season and is carryinbg an injury. He knows Willock needs to be playing with Chair, but he also knows he's got an awful recent history with hamstring injuries. He knows Clarke-Salter and Cook are our best centre backs...

He's not waking up in the morning and thinking oooh I know let's sling Aaron Drewe in today for shts and giggles.

Exactly this . Jesus it’s like repeatedly punching ourselves in the face after every defeat.
My god when will some of our fans realise that we all know some if not most of this lot are not good enough or weak physically or weak mentally or all of the above , but they are all the manager has to pick from.

The difference between MC and Ainsworth is night and day but his success is limited by the bellends going out there every match .
As I said in another thread I think because we , the fan base are so fed up with some of this lot that playing anybody who is reasonably fresh seems like it has to happen in place of Kakay, Dozzell or Dykes. But unfortunately it ain’t going to change anything long term . The odd game maybe but bringing in Cannon, Kelman or Armstrong isn’t going to be enough.
The squad is poor beyond belief and the sooner the fan base accepts it the better otherwise we’ll hound another coach out and then what ?

Give me a choice now between MC and this entire squad …I know who I’d have the most faith in .
Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 12:33 - Dec 28 with 974 viewsParkRoyalR

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 10:50 - Dec 28 by Northernr

Northern

Agree with those points and my points have to be taken in the context that Marti's been very good so far and I did'nt get to Hillsborough, and if I did, I'll still have the red mist, but Marti made mistakes on Tuesday, some Majors and some Minors,

Majors:

1) Playing Out from the Back without a Midfield Out-ball Option
- Lots of what went wrong on Tuesday stemmed from this & gave Millwall confidence
- Was someone designated in this role, if so who?
- If it was Field, as Dozzell was tasked with playing further forward, we know that's a wrong call

2) Playing Dozzell further Forward
- If the case, this is a wrong call, is'nt mobile enough & prone to letting game pass him by
- The forwards were isolated, the defenders playing out were isolated and we gave up the middle of the park from the 1st min until the 70th min when EDB came on

Minors:

1) Larkeche being Subbed, I'm not sure anyone agreed this was the right substitution other than maybe the Physio's; if so, with barely 60 minutes played at that point, in a must not lose game, for me he had to stay on as was on top of his fullback similar to Stoke game

2) Chair, Isolated on left flank without Larkeche for last 30 minutes, our now only threat totally nullified

3) Dunne being Subbed, we needed a draw, based on the game up to that point their Plan A was set-pieces and long throws, taking off our most physical presence was a mistake and we gifted them a 2nd with 10 mins still to play

I'm not going over-board on the Manager, he has been very good and I accept he has to work with the cards he's been dealt, but I thought we were set-up wrong from the off at Millwall and that he should have seen it and changed it after 15 minutes, it was that obvious.
Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 12:45 - Dec 28 with 957 viewsNorthernr

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 12:33 - Dec 28 by ParkRoyalR

Northern

Agree with those points and my points have to be taken in the context that Marti's been very good so far and I did'nt get to Hillsborough, and if I did, I'll still have the red mist, but Marti made mistakes on Tuesday, some Majors and some Minors,

Majors:

1) Playing Out from the Back without a Midfield Out-ball Option
- Lots of what went wrong on Tuesday stemmed from this & gave Millwall confidence
- Was someone designated in this role, if so who?
- If it was Field, as Dozzell was tasked with playing further forward, we know that's a wrong call

2) Playing Dozzell further Forward
- If the case, this is a wrong call, is'nt mobile enough & prone to letting game pass him by
- The forwards were isolated, the defenders playing out were isolated and we gave up the middle of the park from the 1st min until the 70th min when EDB came on

Minors:

1) Larkeche being Subbed, I'm not sure anyone agreed this was the right substitution other than maybe the Physio's; if so, with barely 60 minutes played at that point, in a must not lose game, for me he had to stay on as was on top of his fullback similar to Stoke game

2) Chair, Isolated on left flank without Larkeche for last 30 minutes, our now only threat totally nullified

3) Dunne being Subbed, we needed a draw, based on the game up to that point their Plan A was set-pieces and long throws, taking off our most physical presence was a mistake and we gifted them a 2nd with 10 mins still to play

I'm not going over-board on the Manager, he has been very good and I accept he has to work with the cards he's been dealt, but I thought we were set-up wrong from the off at Millwall and that he should have seen it and changed it after 15 minutes, it was that obvious.

1 – That’s the players’ fault. Not one of them took the responsibility to get on the ball and play a forward pass, they either hid (Dozzell) or just passed it straight back from whence it came and flapped their arms around a lot (Field). When they did play it forward it bounced straight back towards them off Dykes who gave the ball away every time he went near it. It is not Cifuentes’ fault that Dykes cannot trap a ball of cement, or Field is too scared to turn around, or Dozzell is afraid of his own shadow. Cifuentes said in his post match they needed to recognise the space was in behind Millwall, he didn’t want them doing this, but he can’t go out there and do it for them. This started under Warburton – the nervous backwards and sideways, the safe and easy options – and has been happening for two years under five managers, it’s fck all to do with Cifuentes.

2 – It doesn’t matter where you put Dozzell, he’s going to hide, he’s going to be largely ineffective, he’s going to lose every tackle he goes in for, because that’s who he is, and again who he has been for the last five managers. He’s playing because we don’t have anybody else. Dixon Bonner looks the best bet of the midfielders we have at the moment, but it’s a big ask for him to come in and play every minute of every game having never played first team football before in his life. I’d have him involved more, but with the team performance we put in at The Den we’re losing that game whether he plays 10, 45 or 90 minutes.

1 – Larkeche, wouldn’t have been my choice to come off, but again has played very little football, recently back from a head knock, if the medical team say he can only do 60 then he can only do 60. We got into the sht last season through Beale ignoring the medical team and playing players when they shouldn’t be played. Ten more minutes of Larkeche the other day, we still lose the game, and you might lose him for future games.

2 – See above. Perhaps Paal might like to have helped? Perhaps Chair might like to play Paul Smyth in occasionally?

3 – Dunne is playing like a complete cnt at the moment, and that display the other day was the worst of his lot. Taken off before he got sent off or cost us another goal, both of which he almost certainly would have done. Saffa gave him a 3 in the report and he wouldn’t have been getting a 3 from me. I’d have hooked the dozy twt at half time. I don’t know how anybody watches that game and wanted more Jimmy Dunne, the bloke was a hopeless liability.

The manager knows these players are sht, he’s working with what he’s got. He does not want them to play as they played at Millwall, and said as much. He knows what his ‘best team’ is, in so much as we have a best team, but the dreadful fitness record of our players means he has to be careful about picking it.
Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 13:05 - Dec 28 with 900 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 12:45 - Dec 28 by Northernr

1 – That’s the players’ fault. Not one of them took the responsibility to get on the ball and play a forward pass, they either hid (Dozzell) or just passed it straight back from whence it came and flapped their arms around a lot (Field). When they did play it forward it bounced straight back towards them off Dykes who gave the ball away every time he went near it. It is not Cifuentes’ fault that Dykes cannot trap a ball of cement, or Field is too scared to turn around, or Dozzell is afraid of his own shadow. Cifuentes said in his post match they needed to recognise the space was in behind Millwall, he didn’t want them doing this, but he can’t go out there and do it for them. This started under Warburton – the nervous backwards and sideways, the safe and easy options – and has been happening for two years under five managers, it’s fck all to do with Cifuentes.

2 – It doesn’t matter where you put Dozzell, he’s going to hide, he’s going to be largely ineffective, he’s going to lose every tackle he goes in for, because that’s who he is, and again who he has been for the last five managers. He’s playing because we don’t have anybody else. Dixon Bonner looks the best bet of the midfielders we have at the moment, but it’s a big ask for him to come in and play every minute of every game having never played first team football before in his life. I’d have him involved more, but with the team performance we put in at The Den we’re losing that game whether he plays 10, 45 or 90 minutes.

1 – Larkeche, wouldn’t have been my choice to come off, but again has played very little football, recently back from a head knock, if the medical team say he can only do 60 then he can only do 60. We got into the sht last season through Beale ignoring the medical team and playing players when they shouldn’t be played. Ten more minutes of Larkeche the other day, we still lose the game, and you might lose him for future games.

2 – See above. Perhaps Paal might like to have helped? Perhaps Chair might like to play Paul Smyth in occasionally?

3 – Dunne is playing like a complete cnt at the moment, and that display the other day was the worst of his lot. Taken off before he got sent off or cost us another goal, both of which he almost certainly would have done. Saffa gave him a 3 in the report and he wouldn’t have been getting a 3 from me. I’d have hooked the dozy twt at half time. I don’t know how anybody watches that game and wanted more Jimmy Dunne, the bloke was a hopeless liability.

The manager knows these players are sht, he’s working with what he’s got. He does not want them to play as they played at Millwall, and said as much. He knows what his ‘best team’ is, in so much as we have a best team, but the dreadful fitness record of our players means he has to be careful about picking it.

Is there some reason Dickie went from a top Championship maybe PL bench player to someone who looked frightened walking out the tunnel.
Now Jimmy Dunne has gone from one of our top defenders to a massive liability and costing us game after game .
Dozzell is born at the right time to be in the QPR starting 11 because he would not be starting on any other team IMO.
Cannon is getting very little flak on here but he could have snatched us a point then gave up the needless corner when they scrambled their killer second goal.
I realize we self destructed again but Marti is making some strange decisions IMO
Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 13:06 - Dec 28 with 899 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Spot on, all of it. This is why I no longer get angry when I watch anymore. It has got to the point that my son was laughing at the team against Millwall. It was an absolute joke. But, this has been happening for 2 years +, with different players, and the squad is a damning indictment of the recruitment policy. That is why I can't,won't call out individual players.

Unfortunately, in the words of JFH, it is what it is. And we can only suck it up for now.
Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 13:13 - Dec 28 with 894 viewsParkRoyalR

Agree with almost all of your points, and we have seen more of these players week in week out than Marti, so we know that set-up yesterday was going to be a puzzle to far for them to work-out,

Hopefully he can now see what most of us can and probably would agree:

1) 4-3-3 Formation - Do we have 3 midfielders who can play this formation? for me its a no

2) 4-2-3-1 Formation - Do we have the players for this formation, for me, without Colback (injured) or Dozzell (benched), with Cannon & Paal at Fullback, we have the players for this formation, including both EDB and Larkeche

3) Team Captain, in the absence of Colback, as you say, no-one took ownership on the field, this team needs a leader and new Captain, Cook being likely only candidate

4) Courage & Desire, both EDB & Larkeche have shown this, so we still have hope if we can 11 players on the pitch who want to be there

5) Teamwork, we saw at Preston a team playing in 3's & 4's we have to rediscover this & quick, as Boxing Day we were so far apart it was ridiculous

Hoping beyond hope we can rediscover that Preston performance tomorrow.
Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 13:21 - Dec 28 with 874 viewsNorthernr

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 13:13 - Dec 28 by ParkRoyalR

Agree with almost all of your points, and we have seen more of these players week in week out than Marti, so we know that set-up yesterday was going to be a puzzle to far for them to work-out,

Hopefully he can now see what most of us can and probably would agree:

1) 4-3-3 Formation - Do we have 3 midfielders who can play this formation? for me its a no

2) 4-2-3-1 Formation - Do we have the players for this formation, for me, without Colback (injured) or Dozzell (benched), with Cannon & Paal at Fullback, we have the players for this formation, including both EDB and Larkeche

3) Team Captain, in the absence of Colback, as you say, no-one took ownership on the field, this team needs a leader and new Captain, Cook being likely only candidate

4) Courage & Desire, both EDB & Larkeche have shown this, so we still have hope if we can 11 players on the pitch who want to be there

5) Teamwork, we saw at Preston a team playing in 3's & 4's we have to rediscover this & quick, as Boxing Day we were so far apart it was ridiculous

Hoping beyond hope we can rediscover that Preston performance tomorrow.

Do we have the players for any formation? The theme here is you still have faith that with different team selections, different substitutions, different tactics, this is still a competitive squad, whereas I don't.
Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 13:34 - Dec 28 with 843 viewsstainrods_elbow

I agree/disagree with both Park Royal and Northern in their interesting dialogue. The players mostly played like mutts at Millwall (Larkeche and Chair excepted) AND we were clearly set up wrong and badly organised on the day. Cifuentes needs to explain how we've regressed so badly since our three wins on the spin. As for the players, they need to show us some balls - not that I'm holding my breath.

Ipswich is going to be interesting - they may even surprise us - but I fear a mauling.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2023 13:37]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 13:36 - Dec 28 with 847 viewsNorthernr

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 13:34 - Dec 28 by stainrods_elbow

I agree/disagree with both Park Royal and Northern in their interesting dialogue. The players mostly played like mutts at Millwall (Larkeche and Chair excepted) AND we were clearly set up wrong and badly organised on the day. Cifuentes needs to explain how we've regressed so badly since our three wins on the spin. As for the players, they need to show us some balls - not that I'm holding my breath.

Ipswich is going to be interesting - they may even surprise us - but I fear a mauling.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2023 13:37]

We haven't regressed. We've looked like this for two years. The three wins were the outlier - and even one of those, against Stoke, we were fcking awful for 80 minutes of it.
Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 13:42 - Dec 28 with 840 viewsPunteR

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 20:08 - Dec 27 by Northernr

Is it the players or is it those recruiting and training the players.?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 14:01 - Dec 28 with 800 viewsNorthernr

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 13:42 - Dec 28 by PunteR

Is it the players or is it those recruiting and training the players.?

Boxing Day was the players, 10,000%. Cowardly little twts.

Overall the problems are higher up.

They're nothing to do with Marti Cifuentes, his substitutions, or his post match interviews. We need to stop doing this to ourselves.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024