Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs 15:20 - Dec 26 with 9804 viewsParkRoyalR

Marti, that one's on you, removing Larkeche is beyond belief, amongst other baffling choices.

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 19:07 - Dec 28 with 987 viewsstainrods_elbow

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 18:25 - Dec 28 by Wilkinswatercarrier

The fans won't turn on MC as the vast majority realise its the players and owners.

Forget moving Colback on, he's on a 2 year deal, he won't go anywhere. Dykes? Should have let Millwall take him on the summer. Dozzell? who would pay for him? His contract expires in the summer.

We are stuck with what we have. Maybe a couple of loans in.

Players can always be moved on. Dozzell certainly, and Dykes probably, should be offered terms to cancel their contracts in my opinion, whatever it costs. As for Colback, he needs to be given a complete bollocking in a padded room (which he could probably start a fight in by himself), and told he'll be fined the absolute maximum for any more stupid cards, and dropped, unless he bucks his ideas up. If he doesn't listen, the crowd need to let him know about it.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 19:09 - Dec 28 with 982 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 19:07 - Dec 28 by stainrods_elbow

Players can always be moved on. Dozzell certainly, and Dykes probably, should be offered terms to cancel their contracts in my opinion, whatever it costs. As for Colback, he needs to be given a complete bollocking in a padded room (which he could probably start a fight in by himself), and told he'll be fined the absolute maximum for any more stupid cards, and dropped, unless he bucks his ideas up. If he doesn't listen, the crowd need to let him know about it.

Yep, that'll sort it.
Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 19:11 - Dec 28 with 964 viewsstainrods_elbow

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 18:49 - Dec 28 by Northernr

Well you're missing my point. You're not getting behind "this team this season," or "being onside with the manager," by coming on here every game and bitching about his fcking post match interviews, which are somewhere down around the ten millionth spot in the league table of our problems. Much like whether he should or shouldn't have taken Larkeche off.

I know you're angry, Clive, but I'll post about what I please. And I don't want to have a fight with you either, but I'm not the one who seems to be fatalistically embracing relegation while sideswiping that swathe of the fan base because you're having a bad day who recognise optimism in football is sponsored by fluctuations in form. Because we're where we are, our form fluctuates more than most, granted, and there's been a great deal to moan about this season to sat the least. But to say we haven't improved, all things considered, under Marti, and might not improve further from where we were, is perverse.

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 19:13 - Dec 28 with 967 viewsNorthernr

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 19:11 - Dec 28 by stainrods_elbow

I know you're angry, Clive, but I'll post about what I please. And I don't want to have a fight with you either, but I'm not the one who seems to be fatalistically embracing relegation while sideswiping that swathe of the fan base because you're having a bad day who recognise optimism in football is sponsored by fluctuations in form. Because we're where we are, our form fluctuates more than most, granted, and there's been a great deal to moan about this season to sat the least. But to say we haven't improved, all things considered, under Marti, and might not improve further from where we were, is perverse.

You should read that back to yourself before you post on here next time we lose.
Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 19:18 - Dec 28 with 957 viewsPunteR

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 19:11 - Dec 28 by stainrods_elbow

How have you managed to turn this thread into about you and Norf?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 19:19 - Dec 28 with 948 viewsstainrods_elbow

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 19:13 - Dec 28 by Northernr

You should read that back to yourself before you post on here next time we lose.

Yes - I'm trying to do that E M Cioran thing of 'thinking against myself' a bit these days. A bit like playing devil's advocacy to one's default rages. We're all as good and bad as each other in the end for the most part, of course.

(I'll probably give myself an aneurysm doing so when it comes to QPR - much to the pleasure of one or two on here, I suspect.)

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 19:21 - Dec 28 with 942 viewsmart_Goblin

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 17:33 - Dec 28 by stainrods_elbow

All fair enough, Clive, but you don't seem to take my point - we need, god help us, to try to do our bit to help THIS team somehow stay up THIS season, even if they don't deserve us, if only to keep our own spirits up. Following a football team, like life itself, is about living in the present, not a fantasised/deferred future. If we're onside with the manager, and I think almost all of us are, getting behind him means getting behind his upsetting XI as best we can. I am quite worried the fans might start to turn in January, the whole thing goes revoltingly down the plughole, and MC walks (or is pushed out by the clowns in the building).

PS We definitely need to move out Colback, Dykes and Dozzell at a minimum in the window. Bring in a proper centre forward and a no.8, and I'd say we'd have half a chance.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2023 17:35]

I’m sorry , have I missed something here. The irony of you saying this has just blown my mind
Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 19:34 - Dec 28 with 890 viewslassel

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 18:25 - Dec 28 by Wilkinswatercarrier

The fans won't turn on MC as the vast majority realise its the players and owners.

Forget moving Colback on, he's on a 2 year deal, he won't go anywhere. Dykes? Should have let Millwall take him on the summer. Dozzell? who would pay for him? His contract expires in the summer.

We are stuck with what we have. Maybe a couple of loans in.

100% if we are deep in the relegation zone come end of Jan, a concerted push will start to get rid of Marti and ‘fcking sort it out’ by the sort of mouth breathers who believe this team should be deep in the playoffs as they are in their FIFA save, and should ‘spend some fcking money’ as on FM they have a huge transfer budget so obviously in real life we do too, just the cnts in charge are too tight to spend it.

If/when we go down, for me it’s at least 2 seasons in L1 before we can think of coming back up, and that’s if we manage to speed run the clear out and avoid dropping down to L2 doing it.

I have no confidence Marti would ever get that time to oversee it as the above mentioned cnts (with an average age of around 14) live in a fantasy world where this team is full of ‘ballers’ and should be challenging for promotion to the Prem, not being cleared out post relegation to desperately try and convince another club to take them on.
Login to get fewer ads

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 19:35 - Dec 28 with 886 viewsBurnleyhoop

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 18:50 - Dec 28 by Northernr

They will turn, and it's already begun.

If he keeps picking Dozzell and Kakay together in the starting eleven, I suggest it will only get worse.

I honestly do not believe that Cannon and EDB are so fragile that they cannot at least start 3 games in succession. Unless we can get our best eleven out on the pitch on a regular basis, we’re screwed. Even if we could, it still may not be enough, but the rotation policy has cost us big time in the last 3 games and Cifuentes continued belief in fully utilising the entire squad, particularly when there are minimal injuries is, at best, fanciful.

You do have to wonder how much influence the sports science department have on player availability as it seems physical resilience is not what it used to be. Willock getting injured in the warm up……give me strength.
Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 19:51 - Dec 28 with 854 viewsNorthernr

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 19:35 - Dec 28 by Burnleyhoop

If he keeps picking Dozzell and Kakay together in the starting eleven, I suggest it will only get worse.

I honestly do not believe that Cannon and EDB are so fragile that they cannot at least start 3 games in succession. Unless we can get our best eleven out on the pitch on a regular basis, we’re screwed. Even if we could, it still may not be enough, but the rotation policy has cost us big time in the last 3 games and Cifuentes continued belief in fully utilising the entire squad, particularly when there are minimal injuries is, at best, fanciful.

You do have to wonder how much influence the sports science department have on player availability as it seems physical resilience is not what it used to be. Willock getting injured in the warm up……give me strength.

Cannon has had no pre-season and is injured. He's playing through an injury when he does play.

The manager knows full well Kakay is crap.
Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 20:04 - Dec 28 with 827 viewsParkRoyalR

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 19:51 - Dec 28 by Northernr

Cannon has had no pre-season and is injured. He's playing through an injury when he does play.

Kakay's a great lad and a decent squad player but agree his positional awareness is crap.

Speaking up for the lad he was one of the few who never hid at Millwall and I thought he had a decent game....until I got home and saw his run for that first goal....like a mad dog chasing a car, wtf was he thinking!

Think it was Roy Keane who said about Ashley Young you can't convert Wingers into Defenders, its just not in their muscle memory what to do at key times, as that run proved.
Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 20:06 - Dec 28 with 807 viewsstainrods_elbow

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 19:21 - Dec 28 by mart_Goblin

I’m sorry , have I missed something here. The irony of you saying this has just blown my mind

I'm glad you've cottoned onto my irony after all this time and that I blow your mind! Come here!

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 20:11 - Dec 28 with 793 viewsGloucs_R

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 19:04 - Dec 28 by stainrods_elbow

My bad, GloucsR, that was misdirected. However, those others who seem to be almost rubbing their hands together in grim glee at the prospect of our descent know who they are.

I'm certainly not one of them. I think we're screwed until we can reshape the squad and create a blueprint on what we want to be.

We got close (blueprint, not squad), then threw it all away again.

A glimmer of hope is that I can see progress with a few younger players.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 20:13 - Dec 28 with 790 viewsSuperhoops2808

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 18:50 - Dec 28 by Northernr

They will turn, and it's already begun.

And sadly some here too
Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 20:15 - Dec 28 with 780 viewsSuperhoops2808

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 19:04 - Dec 28 by stainrods_elbow

My bad, GloucsR, that was misdirected. However, those others who seem to be almost rubbing their hands together in grim glee at the prospect of our descent know who they are.

Mate, people were doing that in August surely you saw that
Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 20:16 - Dec 28 with 774 viewsGloucs_R

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 20:04 - Dec 28 by ParkRoyalR

Kakay's a great lad and a decent squad player but agree his positional awareness is crap.

Speaking up for the lad he was one of the few who never hid at Millwall and I thought he had a decent game....until I got home and saw his run for that first goal....like a mad dog chasing a car, wtf was he thinking!

Think it was Roy Keane who said about Ashley Young you can't convert Wingers into Defenders, its just not in their muscle memory what to do at key times, as that run proved.

Is he a decent squad player though?

He's simply not good enough and never will be at this level. Whereas I would say Lakreche, EDB, Sinclair and Kolli are all good squad players as have potential.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 20:39 - Dec 28 with 742 viewsBurnleyhoop

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 19:51 - Dec 28 by Northernr

No pre-season, but we are half way through the season now and after training and conditioning on a near daily basis for 4 months you would have thought he might be somewhere near. If he is injured, then fair enough, Kakay it is.

Why does Dozzell never get injured? Rhetorical question.
Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 20:53 - Dec 28 with 724 viewsNorthernr

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 20:39 - Dec 28 by Burnleyhoop

No pre-season, but we are half way through the season now and after training and conditioning on a near daily basis for 4 months you would have thought he might be somewhere near. If he is injured, then fair enough, Kakay it is.

Why does Dozzell never get injured? Rhetorical question.

Can't get injured if you never tackle anybody.
Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 21:30 - Dec 28 with 656 viewsbaz_qpr

A few thoughts from me:

100% behind Marti whether we go down or not the hand that has been dealt is as bad as it can be and it was always going to take a miracle especially with no wriggle room.

A few years ago we were always moaning about the huge turnover in players every year, but the failure to move players on has been a big part of our downfall. We have far too many that are on the way down or have peaked and will never get better or play at a higher level. Dozzell, Dykes, Dunne, Kakay, Colback, Cook, Fox, Begovic, Kelman, Adomah, Archer, Richards possibly Willock too, that's 3/4s of the squad and most of the wages some have been here too long, others have come here as a jobbing player, not out of ambition, others have just failed to kick on and establish themselves at this level and it's no suprise then when the going get's tough they clock out.

Now you could argue that we ended here because we mismanaged the budget over the 3 year period with the push under Warburton and I think that would be right. You could also argue that we are particularly disadvantaged by FFP and that would be right also. And it aint going to be fixed to the summer at the earliest. If we do go down it becomes a lot easier to deal with but we have to be ruthless. No giving Kakay another contract because we might be at his level.

The one thing Ainsworth did get right was the assessment of the lack of grit. Anytime we come against an aggressive team that is given leeway by the ref we just roll over and die, looking for soft free kicks. However other than Cook I dont he addressed it and we are lacking in midfield both in terms of grit and guile.

Strikers has been done to death, as Gallen has said on WSL there is a real dirth of them but we have to find something from somewhere.

As to the OP, I thought having Larkeche at LB and Paal in midfield did not work and it weakened us going forward as you lost that interaction with Chair so I had no complaints. If there is one thing I would like Marti to try though its to play Sinclair as a wide forward cutting in where I think he would do a lot of damage as well as creating the space for the midfield because I think we are killing him trying to play him as a 9 as a back up to Dykes without having played that role on loan at a lower league club.
Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 21:47 - Dec 28 with 642 viewsBurnleyhoop

Marti - Wrong Staring XI,Tactics + Subs on 20:53 - Dec 28 by Northernr

Can't get injured if you never tackle anybody.

Or through his high intensity, fully committed 90 minutes of wandering around a bit trying not to get too involved.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024