Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? 17:50 - Feb 18 with 3687 viewsKeithHaynes

Where will the Swans finish this season ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 18:51 - Feb 18 with 2613 viewsKeithHaynes

Does anyone think we are going down ?

🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 19:29 - Feb 18 with 2559 viewsAguycalledJack

It’s a good thing that we beat hull otherwise we would be right down there. That said , we now have a run of games where we have to pick up points. Millwall game last game of season could be interesting.
🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 20:13 - Feb 18 with 2507 viewsBoundy

🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 18:51 - Feb 18 by KeithHaynes

Does anyone think we are going down ?

I have a horrible feeling we just might but hopeful we'll just manage to survive. I really can't see at the moment any tangible change in how we're playing , always chasing the game without the talent to go on a win a game ( Hull the exception)

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 20:18 - Feb 18 with 2487 viewsunion_jack

What is regarded the safety point points wise?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 20:26 - Feb 18 with 2483 viewsPawelAbbott

That run under Sheehan has saved us currently
🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 09:47 - Feb 19 with 2245 viewsKeithHaynes

🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 20:18 - Feb 18 by union_jack

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61976/swans-in-a-real-re

🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 15:20 - Feb 19 with 2061 viewsunion_jack

🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 20:18 - Feb 18 by union_jack

Anyone??

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 16:52 - Feb 19 with 1997 viewsGixerJack

47 - 50 this year I reckon.

There isn’t a definitive number because because it all depends on how rubbish the worst 3 teams are, but Sheffield Weds and QPR are picking up points here and there so are still in the mix.

What we need to do at this stage is beat the teams below us which will give us some breathing space and hope they drop points against each other.
[Post edited 19 Feb 16:53]
Login to get fewer ads

🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 18:16 - Feb 19 with 1939 viewsSullutaCreturned

🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 15:20 - Feb 19 by union_jack

Anyone??

One more point than the highest scoring relegated team, that should do it.

I think we might go down. I put us just outside the zone but who knows.
🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 18:18 - Feb 19 with 1935 viewsKeithHaynes

🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 15:20 - Feb 19 by union_jack

Anyone??

It’s all in the article above .

🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 18:32 - Feb 19 with 1890 viewsonehunglow

🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 18:16 - Feb 19 by SullutaCreturned

One more point than the highest scoring relegated team, that should do it.

I think we might go down. I put us just outside the zone but who knows.

I accepted the possibility mid November
It is now I feel,a probability
We need to get a win in the next two games or I fear it was be inevitable
Forget my past gloom,this is current reality.
If Luke’s doesn’t see sense ,we are screwed ,he will get fired and we start again in the third level

Get a grip Williams me Lo sin and dig in . No crap,no baloney,no warlocks .

Keep Jerry away, bin Wood ,keep Maughton at right back ( yeah baby) and give the Ukecand extended run .

If we stat up,write up Fishers and Walsh’s contracts

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 23:05 - Feb 19 with 1727 viewsBryanSwan

Id say around 45pts would put us safe, so 3 wins from this point.

Wednesday and Rotherham are already pretty much down in my opinion and I would anticipate QPR picking up a few points with Millwall continuing their woeful run getting dragged in.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 00:20 - Feb 20 with 1684 viewsKeithHaynes

🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 18:32 - Feb 19 by onehunglow

I accepted the possibility mid November
It is now I feel,a probability
We need to get a win in the next two games or I fear it was be inevitable
Forget my past gloom,this is current reality.
If Luke’s doesn’t see sense ,we are screwed ,he will get fired and we start again in the third level

Get a grip Williams me Lo sin and dig in . No crap,no baloney,no warlocks .

Keep Jerry away, bin Wood ,keep Maughton at right back ( yeah baby) and give the Ukecand extended run .

If we stat up,write up Fishers and Walsh’s contracts

Walsh contract is up, no need.

🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 12:18 - Feb 20 with 1514 viewscadleigh

I've gone for 'comfortably mid table'. I reckon we'll get at least 60 points come the end of the season.

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 13:01 - Feb 20 with 1476 viewsjack247

🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 12:18 - Feb 20 by cadleigh

I've gone for 'comfortably mid table'. I reckon we'll get at least 60 points come the end of the season.

I’m not that ambitious! I reckon we’ll pass 50 though.

To any neutrals, we would be big outsiders for the drop.
🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 13:21 - Feb 20 with 1460 viewscadleigh

🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 13:01 - Feb 20 by jack247

Can't blame them for that view. While I didn't see the Ipswich game, it sounded like we had enough about us to trouble most lower table teams, and that's who we mostly have to play for the remainder of this season. Although we only have three points to show for it, Plymouth, Hull and Ipswich seem like decent performances on the whole. Only Leeds was an absolute embarassment.

Having said that I am baffled by so many things at the moment, including:
- Why he persists in playing Fulton and Grimes together
- Why does Grimes persist in showing flashes of his potential (it's the hope that kills you...)
- What happened to Wood?
- Why do we surrender against 'big' teams?
- Why does Yates get time on the pitch (he's a bottler)?

I want Williams to succeed and I liked him at first but his refusal to take responsibility reminds me of a previous manager. I kind of wish we'd stuck with Sheehan til the end of the season TBH

🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 13:22 - Feb 20 with 1452 viewscadleigh

🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 13:01 - Feb 20 by jack247

Sorry! I tried to give you a plus for that post and hit minus by mistake!!!

🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 13:24 - Feb 20 with 1449 viewsWhiterockin

For those who really think we are going down 8/1 is a decent bet.

https://www.bettingodds.com/football/championship/relegation
🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 13:26 - Feb 20 with 1440 viewsWhiterockin

🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 13:22 - Feb 20 by cadleigh

Sorry! I tried to give you a plus for that post and hit minus by mistake!!!

Sorted for you.
🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 13:52 - Feb 20 with 1403 viewsjack247

🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 13:21 - Feb 20 by cadleigh

Can't blame them for that view. While I didn't see the Ipswich game, it sounded like we had enough about us to trouble most lower table teams, and that's who we mostly have to play for the remainder of this season. Although we only have three points to show for it, Plymouth, Hull and Ipswich seem like decent performances on the whole. Only Leeds was an absolute embarassment.

- Why does Grimes persist in showing flashes of his potential (it's the hope that kills you...)
- What happened to Wood?

I want Williams to succeed and I liked him at first but his refusal to take responsibility reminds me of a previous manager. I kind of wish we'd stuck with Sheehan til the end of the season TBH

To reassure you on some of that, I saw quotes attributed to Williams earlier saying Patino and Kuharevych would both get more game time in the coming weeks. Sorry I don’t have a link, think it was on Facebook.

Not sure on Wood, but you’re right, he was comfortably our best centre back not too long ago.

The top three all mullered us. Only consolation is we don’t have to play any of them again and everyone in and around us does.

Birmingham, Plymouth and Hull were all competitive. We really should have beaten Plymouth. I thought Ipswich shaded us, but a draw would have been a fair result. Fully expecting us to be safe with a game or two to spare.
🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 14:53 - Feb 20 with 1350 viewsblaenaugwentjack

🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 13:21 - Feb 20 by cadleigh

- What happened to Wood?

Some excellent points on here, as for Wood just what has happened to him? I think losing Josh Key has hurt us and the sooner he is back the better. Will we go down? It's too close to call from me, but we must start picking up points from teams around us.
🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 15:00 - Feb 20 with 1333 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Out of interest, who would everyone want playing next to Grimes if Fulton was dropped? The obvious is Allen, but can he last 90 minutes and is he mobile enough? Patio maybe? Bit lightweight? Or more than adequate? Could Cooper fill that role? Or is he too attack minded? Only other us Paterson? Very outside choice if you ask me, but we need a change in there.
🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 15:07 - Feb 20 with 1328 viewscadleigh

🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 14:53 - Feb 20 by blaenaugwentjack

Some excellent points on here, as for Wood just what has happened to him? I think losing Josh Key has hurt us and the sooner he is back the better. Will we go down? It's too close to call from me, but we must start picking up points from teams around us.

Totally agree about Key. And Darling. (I used to think he was a terrible signing and he's still liable to make errors but I have warmed to him this season because of his workrate.) Be good to have Lowe and even Ginelly for a few games too. Basically our injuries this season have been terrible and without them we'd have been a lot stronger.

But we knew the deal with Williams was always going to be 'they'll score against us, but we'll score more', and the problem is we are not delivering on the second half of that equation. He must have thought we had the capability of scoring for fun when he signed his contract, but for the life of me I can't see what he saw.

Anyway, thanks for the relative positivity on this thread - some of the negativity on Swans forums in recent days has been getting me down.

🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 15:18 - Feb 20 with 1315 viewsblaenaugwentjack

🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 15:07 - Feb 20 by cadleigh

Totally agree about Key. And Darling. (I used to think he was a terrible signing and he's still liable to make errors but I have warmed to him this season because of his workrate.) Be good to have Lowe and even Ginelly for a few games too. Basically our injuries this season have been terrible and without them we'd have been a lot stronger.

But we knew the deal with Williams was always going to be 'they'll score against us, but we'll score more', and the problem is we are not delivering on the second half of that equation. He must have thought we had the capability of scoring for fun when he signed his contract, but for the life of me I can't see what he saw.

Anyway, thanks for the relative positivity on this thread - some of the negativity on Swans forums in recent days has been getting me down.

I had forgotten about Lowe lol, which is strange as I do like him. We have to keep the faith and keep believing.
🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 15:23 - Feb 20 with 1310 viewscadleigh

🔴 Indy Poll : Where will the Swans finish this season ? on 15:00 - Feb 20 by blaenaugwentjack

Out of interest, who would everyone want playing next to Grimes if Fulton was dropped? The obvious is Allen, but can he last 90 minutes and is he mobile enough? Patio maybe? Bit lightweight? Or more than adequate? Could Cooper fill that role? Or is he too attack minded? Only other us Paterson? Very outside choice if you ask me, but we need a change in there.

Option 1 Start with Allen, and then sub him for Patino
Option 2 Start with Patino (anyone got any idea why he isn't getting more game time?)

I would love to see Fulton playing as a DM breaking up opposition attacks with Grimes further up the pitch supplying the ball to our forwards, but the reality is that when they both play the only attacks that get broken up are our own.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024