Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time Wasters... 20:24 - Jan 15 with 2777 viewsalex_roch39

There are a lot of time wasters at this club. The staff in ticket office, the club shop and the football in the community staff do not have a positive impact on this club in any way, shape or form. The staff at the ticket office make it almost impossible to buy a ticket. Once you are at the kiosk you have to wait an eternity to be served, you are then greeted by a sigh and a look of disgust because the employee serving you, had to get off their chair and walk the mamouth distance to the counter. It's not surprising that only 1% of Rochdale's population attend games with service like this. The football being played is bad enough, we don't need any other deterrents.

The club shop staff, what do they do all day? Fair enough, it's not their fault that, apart from the shirts, the rest of the merchandise is total crap and as a result not many people visit on days which aren't match days, but is there really any need for 2 or sometimes 3 staff to be in the shop on weekdays, when rarely anyone goes in?

Football in the community staff, again too many staff, who spend most of their time visiting schools and running soccer schools on probably one of the worst astroturfs in Rochdale. I've been to those soccer schools as a kid and I don't think i've ever gone home inspired from some top class coaching. The coaches look as if they just want to get through the day, go home and drag out a wage.

My favourite on of all, must be the person that has been hired to maintain the official website, which people rarely use. How much is she getting paid, to maintain a website, which quite frankly, few people give a damn about?

It's not surprising that we can't afford a decent striker and a centre half, when we have useless people doing pointless jobs on good wages.
Time Wasters... on 20:45 - Jan 15 with 2682 viewsRoChDaLe

in the club shop there are a few people because they are getting other orders sorted out and unpackaging things. the football in the community isn't just played on that bad pitch and that isn't an astroturf pitch its a very old all weather pitch but i do agree if should be renovated but theres no point wasting a thousand pounds on something what doesn't need to be done. i do agree that the ticket office is a load of utter rubbish and how you cant buy a season ticket on a match day. as i've always said if you went in there and said i'd like to donate a thousand pounds to the club but i forgot its a match day and no payments are taken on a match day i'll leave it , im sure they'd try and get you to hand it over!

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Time Wasters... on 20:47 - Jan 15 with 2684 viewsColDale

have to say, never had a problem at the ticket office. Always found them friendly, courteous and helpful.
Time Wasters... on 20:47 - Jan 15 with 2681 viewselectricblue

Its been this way for many a year now..
In fact at least a decade..

Im glad you brought this up a club like dale leading the way with the gold bond as nearly every club followed suit.
But dale in typical style sat on it and now look, behind every on else..

You have to be astute in football and youvcqt just rely upon gate money alone, CD has to get a grip of this and employ people to do a job..
Too many people too long at Dale..in a cushy job..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Time Wasters... on 20:53 - Jan 15 with 2648 viewsSuddenLad

Whatever your perception of the staff to whom you refer, they are essential employees, and whoever does the job would command an appropriate salary. They are not 'dispensable' as you seem to imply.

I have to say that I think the Football in the Community staff do an excellent job promoting the club in schools, and if you think about it, the future supporters are the kids they see day-in-day-out.

I'd also contend that the OS has improved beyond measure since the recent appointment, so I think you need to be a bit more balanced in your views.

My opinion, of course.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Time Wasters... on 21:18 - Jan 15 with 2593 viewsTVOS1907

In essence, there is only really one member of 'club shop staff'.

The others you see in there are either running the website or Goldbond, yet they may help out in the shop if others are unavailable.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Time Wasters... on 21:53 - Jan 15 with 2529 viewsalex_roch39

I'm guessing that most of the people who disagree with me either have one of these jobs or your friends do and quite rightly, you are defending them.
Time Wasters... on 21:58 - Jan 15 with 2506 viewsborodale4

Time Wasters... on 21:53 - Jan 15 by alex_roch39

I'm guessing that most of the people who disagree with me either have one of these jobs or your friends do and quite rightly, you are defending them.

No...they just have a different opinion to you...oooo how dare they!!
Time Wasters... on 22:00 - Jan 15 with 2496 viewsNewbury_Dale

What's your suggestion ? Make all these staff redundant ?
Login to get fewer ads

Time Wasters... on 22:09 - Jan 15 with 2473 viewsDaleFan7

I agree with the ticket office staff, they don't seem to care and work as if they only do it because someone is making them. They couldn't run a one ticket raffle between them. I remember a couple of seasons ago my mum and dad bought tickets to come and watch Dale and they were given ones on a row in the TDS that didn't even exist. Also when we played in the playoffs me and my grandad went with our season tickets to get tickets for the Darlo home leg and it wasn't until we got to the car i noticed they had give us tickets for the away stand.

Also proves it when we have to get ticket master to sell our tickets for Wembley too another waste of the clubs money and lead to our fans being spread all over the place whereas stockport handled it well, whilst selling more tickets than us and they were all sat together.
Time Wasters... on 22:22 - Jan 15 with 2433 viewsmaybee

Time Wasters... on 22:00 - Jan 15 by Newbury_Dale

What's your suggestion ? Make all these staff redundant ?

The club needs a General Manager.

Someone who can pull together all the departments within the club and make them efficient whilst maximising performance off the field.

At present, there is no-one who does this. Our CE is far too busy with other things, and cannot spend the time making people do their job properly, whilst the Directors have their own businesses to run, and can only spend so much time at the club.

We have encouraged a "lets do the least we can get away with" philosophy by being too tight to spend money in a vital area...one that would more than pay for itself.
Time Wasters... on 23:15 - Jan 15 with 2343 viewsR17ALE

Time Wasters... on 22:22 - Jan 15 by maybee

The club needs a General Manager.

Someone who can pull together all the departments within the club and make them efficient whilst maximising performance off the field.

At present, there is no-one who does this. Our CE is far too busy with other things, and cannot spend the time making people do their job properly, whilst the Directors have their own businesses to run, and can only spend so much time at the club.

We have encouraged a "lets do the least we can get away with" philosophy by being too tight to spend money in a vital area...one that would more than pay for itself.

Agreed. And at the risk of the sycophants....

I'm going to give a general over view here and it won't sit well with many, but it's the cold hard truth!

The problem with the Commercial Department (CD) started in the days of Walmsley would you believe! Circa 1990.

He made the department his own to the degree that even the Chairman couldn't get a word in!

But, he produced results beyond GM's wildest hopes and was given carte blanche to do as he wished without interference from Directors who were reluctantly impressed.

Then he wanted to leave. The board approached me and RW to succeed the bison! We did, and achieved better than SW and so the ethos that the CD can be left to itself and will achieve thus continued. We had GM protection to do as we wished!

When myself and RW then left, this theory/policy continued in the hands of people far less equipped to deliver the best possible return on the smallest of budgets.

The time has come to regiment the departments to achieve results. The CD has been bastardised into oblivion by people who should either know better, or who aren't fans.

It's a shame, but it is the truth.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Time Wasters... on 23:31 - Jan 15 with 2309 viewsTVOS1907

No, just pointing out that one section of your post isn't 100% accurate.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Time Wasters... on 00:10 - Jan 16 with 2259 viewsupthedale

Time Wasters... on 20:45 - Jan 15 by RoChDaLe

in the club shop there are a few people because they are getting other orders sorted out and unpackaging things. the football in the community isn't just played on that bad pitch and that isn't an astroturf pitch its a very old all weather pitch but i do agree if should be renovated but theres no point wasting a thousand pounds on something what doesn't need to be done. i do agree that the ticket office is a load of utter rubbish and how you cant buy a season ticket on a match day. as i've always said if you went in there and said i'd like to donate a thousand pounds to the club but i forgot its a match day and no payments are taken on a match day i'll leave it , im sure they'd try and get you to hand it over!

I'm not sure why you'd want to buy a season ticket on a match day, or why you think the club should refuse someone trying to donate a grand, I would expect them to try and use whatever means to enable to transfer to occur!! Even if other payments aren't taken on a match day (which isn't true anyway because people buy tickets...for the match)

I think the OP is incredibly unfair tbh, there's no point getting at the staff personally. I agree that maybe a general manager could help to smooth the running of the club. But I have never had a problem with the ticket office at all, the club shop staff have always been great whenever I've gone in and I used to love the coaching from football in the community when I was a kid - although as I understand it, this is not actually ran by the club in the first place so shouldn't really be in the same rant.
Time Wasters... on 08:12 - Jan 16 with 2184 viewsjudd

I sincerely hope that the club staff get the opportunity to respond to the OP.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Time Wasters... on 08:33 - Jan 16 with 2171 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Time Wasters... on 20:47 - Jan 15 by ColDale

have to say, never had a problem at the ticket office. Always found them friendly, courteous and helpful.

No, you're missing the point Col.....when the team are not performing on the field the house of cards falls and no-one associated with the Club can be allowed to avoid the wrath of the messageboard.

I'm astounded how you personally have not come under attack these last few months :-)

Time Wasters... on 11:31 - Jan 16 with 2060 viewsmario

"Football in the community staff, again too many staff, who spend most of their time visiting schools and running soccer schools on probably one of the worst astroturfs in Rochdale. I've been to those soccer schools as a kid and I don't think i've ever gone home inspired from some top class coaching. The coaches look as if they just want to get through the day, go home and drag out a wage. "

Football in the community staff, i think you need to know your facts about them before you slag them off.

yes they spend most of there time visiting schools and running soccer schools, what else do you want them to do? sit in the office all day? its called football in the community for god sake.

they dont just have one soccer school either, they are held all around rochdale.

too many staff - have you been to them soccer schools? some times there are over 100 kids at one venue!

and also they promote the club very well advertising games and help to get more people in the ground. eg. at the end of soccer schools kids get a free ticket and if they want to go to the game they might go with some one like their mum/dad/brother/sister/friend who will have to pay making money for the club. if they enjoy it then they will come back week after week.
Time Wasters... on 11:36 - Jan 16 with 2049 viewsalex_roch39

Time Wasters... on 11:31 - Jan 16 by mario

"Football in the community staff, again too many staff, who spend most of their time visiting schools and running soccer schools on probably one of the worst astroturfs in Rochdale. I've been to those soccer schools as a kid and I don't think i've ever gone home inspired from some top class coaching. The coaches look as if they just want to get through the day, go home and drag out a wage. "

Football in the community staff, i think you need to know your facts about them before you slag them off.

yes they spend most of there time visiting schools and running soccer schools, what else do you want them to do? sit in the office all day? its called football in the community for god sake.

they dont just have one soccer school either, they are held all around rochdale.

too many staff - have you been to them soccer schools? some times there are over 100 kids at one venue!

and also they promote the club very well advertising games and help to get more people in the ground. eg. at the end of soccer schools kids get a free ticket and if they want to go to the game they might go with some one like their mum/dad/brother/sister/friend who will have to pay making money for the club. if they enjoy it then they will come back week after week.

As i said in my post, yes i have been.
Time Wasters... on 13:03 - Jan 16 with 1966 viewsmario

Time Wasters... on 11:36 - Jan 16 by alex_roch39

As i said in my post, yes i have been.

and how long ago was that?
Time Wasters... on 14:38 - Jan 16 with 1885 viewsnumero_dos

Just to let you know, My son goes to soccer schools during the school holidays and also goes to Saturday morning clubs at the soccer factory. Both activities are ran by football in the community and my son and his friends love the set up and the coaching. Most of the coaches are enthusiastic and very knowledgeable. They coach around about 100 kids on a Saturday morning and are always friendly to the children and parents. As i speak to the coaches every saturday morning, i know first hand how successful the football in the community dept have been over the last few years. I've been told that they were one of the first clubs to be given a silver award by the football league, and they also got nominated for community club of the year a couple of years back. keep up the good work i say
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024