Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston 22:26 - Sep 8 with 4869 viewsWindyMiller

Interesting that MacSeasider on Fansonline said he thought this board was pro-Oyston. Clearly more have stayed on the old board but am wondering if the feeling this is a Pro-Oyston board is putting some off. Have read enough negative comments about the O's to know they're fair game on here but does anyone else think it smacks if being an Oystonite site?
[Post edited 8 Sep 2014 22:26]

Poll: Should Karl Oyston resign or be sacked?

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 22:32 - Sep 8 with 3221 viewswee_Bob

It's not pro-Oyston just not as aggressively anti-Oyston as the other board - all swings and roundabouts and if this board proves itself for good debate, articles and features/functionality it will do well long term. Think we just have to get back to some sort of normality.
Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 22:41 - Sep 8 with 3216 viewstde74

People can read the board and make their own minds up. Everyone is free to contribute if they feel someone's point is worth challenging, which is as it should be.

I struggle to see where he's coming from to be honest - they seem to have had some issues that have led to far more removals of posts than we used to have to do, though it's fair to say that I can empathise somewhat with their predicament. Let's just say that it's sweet relief to be keeping an eye on things here, not there.
Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 22:43 - Sep 8 with 3213 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Read it for yourself and make your own mind up. I doubt he has.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 00:29 - Sep 9 with 3178 viewsseasider13

This site feels well balenced to me, and unless you are a wum on a fishing expedition, you can state your case here without being besieged by the angry mob, imo.

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 08:11 - Sep 9 with 3145 viewsDon_K_Lasher

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 00:29 - Sep 9 by seasider13

This site feels well balenced to me, and unless you are a wum on a fishing expedition, you can state your case here without being besieged by the angry mob, imo.

Preston a City you're having a laugh! Preston a City you're having a laugh!

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 10:38 - Sep 9 with 3126 viewsHannibal_de_Seaside

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 00:29 - Sep 9 by seasider13

One of the things that I dislike on the old board is the number of WUM and fishing posts. At least on here most people are aiming at rational discussion than posting something outrageous in search of deliberately provoking a response for no good reason, or embarking on a run chase.

There are clearly fewer posts on here, but take away the above from the other board, and the endless name-calling posts, and the meaningful ones are few and far between.

There is room in this world for both types of forum, the worst thing would be that the two became the same as each other; then one would be pointless.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2014 11:05]
Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 11:11 - Sep 9 with 3111 viewsLytham_FY8

I don't think it's pro Oyston, whatever that means, I think it's just reasoned, but I think the time for reasoned debate has gone personally and that the only answer is the ousting of Karl Oyston as chairman, as long as he's still here spreading his poison and incompetence everything else is pointless.

The 'judge at the the end of the season' nonsense is another cul-de-sac we've been going down for years on end, at what point does everyone realise that there's only one solution to our continuing decline?

There's absolutely NOTHING happening at the club to prevent this crisis repeating itself every single year, regardless of who the manager is and especially regardless of who plays for us, as they'll only be signed until May or on loan.

Today's Gazette column highlights perfectly the games, incompetence and lack of respect for the staff of BFC, the players of BFC and most importantly, the supporters from the chairman. People deserve respect, they're his staff and his customers, all he seems to want to provide instead is childish one-upmanship, alienation and the arrogance of someone who has been handed everything on a plate.

There's not a single CEO of any other organisation that would have kept their job during this complete and utter farce, Karl Oyston makes Fred Goodwin look competent for christ's sake. If people can't see that he's chocking the very life out of the place then maybe we've got the club we deserve anyway.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2014 11:24]

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 11:37 - Sep 9 with 3085 viewsjanegallagher

"It's not pro-Oyston just not as aggressively anti-Oyston"

sums it up for me.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Login to get fewer ads

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 12:02 - Sep 9 with 3070 viewsWizaard

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 11:11 - Sep 9 by Lytham_FY8

I don't think it's pro Oyston, whatever that means, I think it's just reasoned, but I think the time for reasoned debate has gone personally and that the only answer is the ousting of Karl Oyston as chairman, as long as he's still here spreading his poison and incompetence everything else is pointless.

The 'judge at the the end of the season' nonsense is another cul-de-sac we've been going down for years on end, at what point does everyone realise that there's only one solution to our continuing decline?

There's absolutely NOTHING happening at the club to prevent this crisis repeating itself every single year, regardless of who the manager is and especially regardless of who plays for us, as they'll only be signed until May or on loan.

Today's Gazette column highlights perfectly the games, incompetence and lack of respect for the staff of BFC, the players of BFC and most importantly, the supporters from the chairman. People deserve respect, they're his staff and his customers, all he seems to want to provide instead is childish one-upmanship, alienation and the arrogance of someone who has been handed everything on a plate.

There's not a single CEO of any other organisation that would have kept their job during this complete and utter farce, Karl Oyston makes Fred Goodwin look competent for christ's sake. If people can't see that he's chocking the very life out of the place then maybe we've got the club we deserve anyway.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2014 11:24]

Lytham makes a good point.

The'judge me at the end of the season' aspect.

What happens if the judgement is 'You've had a complete nightmare'?

He'll still be in place, as I don't see the current sh!tstorm as a prelude to departure. Surely any business looking to sell would be presenting itself in the best possible light, not deliberately antagonising the customer base and making awful decisions time and time again? There is no logic to that argument.

This Board isn't anti-Oyston, just not as vehement in obsessing about him. Doesn't mean the consensus is that he's doing a decent job. Far from it.
Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 12:34 - Sep 9 with 3049 viewsKhonKaenSeasider

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 12:02 - Sep 9 by Wizaard

Lytham makes a good point.

The'judge me at the end of the season' aspect.

What happens if the judgement is 'You've had a complete nightmare'?

He'll still be in place, as I don't see the current sh!tstorm as a prelude to departure. Surely any business looking to sell would be presenting itself in the best possible light, not deliberately antagonising the customer base and making awful decisions time and time again? There is no logic to that argument.

This Board isn't anti-Oyston, just not as vehement in obsessing about him. Doesn't mean the consensus is that he's doing a decent job. Far from it.

Agree with Lytham by and large.

If everyone unites and agrees for once (and seriously, how can you not do?) that Boy Blunder is utterly useless and a significant detriment to the success and now even the welfare of Blackpool Football Club, then we can make some sort of strides to save our club and get them out.

If that be discussed reasonably and without talking about kebab houses or ridiculous O/T run chases, then this will ultimately be a better board.

It will absolutely change the club forever if we go up. It can’t fail to

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 13:12 - Sep 9 with 3030 viewsLytham_FY8

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 12:34 - Sep 9 by KhonKaenSeasider

Agree with Lytham by and large.

If everyone unites and agrees for once (and seriously, how can you not do?) that Boy Blunder is utterly useless and a significant detriment to the success and now even the welfare of Blackpool Football Club, then we can make some sort of strides to save our club and get them out.

If that be discussed reasonably and without talking about kebab houses or ridiculous O/T run chases, then this will ultimately be a better board.

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 13:18 - Sep 9 with 3024 viewsGraham9

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 22:32 - Sep 8 by wee_Bob

It's not pro-Oyston just not as aggressively anti-Oyston as the other board - all swings and roundabouts and if this board proves itself for good debate, articles and features/functionality it will do well long term. Think we just have to get back to some sort of normality.

I think the level of Oyston hatred has reached ridiculous levels on the other board. By now everyone knows what they are all about, it doesnt need to take over every single thread thats posted... its degenerated almost to a form of tourettes outburst. I'm pretty cured of it to be honest.
Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 13:27 - Sep 9 with 3021 viewsLytham_FY8

I think it HAS to reach ridiculous levels, we're at a crossroads, accept the status quo and fall in to Karl's comfort level of the lower leagues for another generation or try and salvage something from our achievements of the past 8 years, otherwise it's all for nowt. There can be no excuses because we've seen what can happen with the will.

The club motto is 'Progress' for crying out loud.

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 14:16 - Sep 9 with 3000 viewsFY4MIKEH

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 13:27 - Sep 9 by Lytham_FY8

I think it HAS to reach ridiculous levels, we're at a crossroads, accept the status quo and fall in to Karl's comfort level of the lower leagues for another generation or try and salvage something from our achievements of the past 8 years, otherwise it's all for nowt. There can be no excuses because we've seen what can happen with the will.

The club motto is 'Progress' for crying out loud.

How can any sensible human being be pro-Oyston with the way he is making a laughing stock of his paying public.
LOVE BLACKPOOL HATE OYSTON.
Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 14:36 - Sep 9 with 2982 viewsCurryman

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 14:16 - Sep 9 by FY4MIKEH

How can any sensible human being be pro-Oyston with the way he is making a laughing stock of his paying public.
LOVE BLACKPOOL HATE OYSTON.

If this board is pro Oyston then I'm on the wrong board.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 16:29 - Sep 9 with 2960 viewsronsonmg

I`m anti-Oyston, the sooner that family gets its slimy hands off Blackpool FC the better for all. But, I do feel that this board has a balance to it. Some posters on the other board were just plain nasty and I think maybe some enjoyed acting like internet trolls.
Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 19:11 - Sep 9 with 2917 viewsTejas

I have nothing against the other board, it's fast becoming a protest board and I'm OK with that. I've never seen a pro Oyston post on here but I may have missed it, this board is just a bit calmer, which I need right now. Personally I yearn for the days when all the banter was with other club's supporters, I was a regular poster in those days.
Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 19:12 - Sep 9 with 2915 viewsribble

I'm not sure I've come across a single 'pro Oyston' post on here.

But the fact that some on the other board have deemed that the new AVFTT is backing the Chairman just illustrates how ludicrous the rabid anti-O posturing has become over there. There's only so many times you can read that KO is a **** before it gets beyond tedious, no matter how true that might be.

At least posters on the new AVFTT generally put some thought in to what they post.
Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 20:08 - Sep 9 with 2904 views20togo

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 19:12 - Sep 9 by ribble

I'm not sure I've come across a single 'pro Oyston' post on here.

But the fact that some on the other board have deemed that the new AVFTT is backing the Chairman just illustrates how ludicrous the rabid anti-O posturing has become over there. There's only so many times you can read that KO is a **** before it gets beyond tedious, no matter how true that might be.

At least posters on the new AVFTT generally put some thought in to what they post.

excellent thread.

I think my criticism of the Oystons has been pretty constant for many years now. But that criticism now is like a drop of rain in a thunderstorm compared to the venemous levels on the other board.

I understand and agree with a lot of the criticisms and feel the majority of it is totally justified. But the constant abuse does nobody any good except perhaps make themselves feel better for it. For about fifteen seconds.
Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 20:24 - Sep 9 with 2893 viewsWizaard

I've just posted over there that maybe Riga missed a trick in terms of the side's preparation by taking a week out.

Apparently that means I'm a weak Oyston idoliser.

There's just no perspective at the moment. This board at least has an opportunity to discuss, note discuss, and not just vent spleen on BFC matters, and remarkably that doesn't have to mention Oyston and what a xxxx he is at all times.
Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 20:53 - Sep 9 with 2875 viewschesterbfc

I,m also not pro Oyston,what I am is an old man,who has supported The Pool since I was 8 and like watching my team. Surprisingly Until the O,s I barely knew or bothered who owned the club, did the Ismails own it, vaguely remember Cartmel being mentioned. Same with managers, what was important was the players . Happy days
Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 21:16 - Sep 9 with 2860 viewsHertsseasider

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 20:24 - Sep 9 by Wizaard

I've just posted over there that maybe Riga missed a trick in terms of the side's preparation by taking a week out.

Apparently that means I'm a weak Oyston idoliser.

There's just no perspective at the moment. This board at least has an opportunity to discuss, note discuss, and not just vent spleen on BFC matters, and remarkably that doesn't have to mention Oyston and what a xxxx he is at all times.

Wiz mate (hope you are well BTW)

I completely agree with you, it does seem strange Riga went back to Belgium just when he had the time to really get together with the players. However, I genuinely feel he is at the end of his Flemish patience and has had enough and I do not blame him. Sadly, the other site, better as it is :-), has residents that will leap on anything deemed ever so slightly anti Riga.

See you at Brighton

"Schools Out London"

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 23:55 - Sep 9 with 2818 viewsvoyeur

I will personally jump on anything that is anti-Riga, no qualms whatsoever.

Because, as ODB pointed out, managers of Blackpool FC under KO have to put up with ridiculous conditions and, to be honest, harassment ,and difficulties that other managers have never experienced. They have hardly any support staff either, and are pushed to the limits physically and mentally.

Riga has had a nightmare time since he arrived, so I am not going to judge him for taking a week off. The first week of two without a game, leaving other people working on fitness etc. I wouldn't judge him if he kicked the sh it out of Karl Oyston. I would be congratulating him, for acting on behalf of al the fans. He has behaved extremely professionally, given what he has had to deal with. So, as ODB said, try focusing on the cause instead of the symptoms. Think it through a bit. Put yourself in other people's shoes. If you can.

I am a nutter. I come from the sea.

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 07:22 - Sep 10 with 2789 viewsLytham_FY8

' But the constant abuse does nobody any good except perhaps make themselves feel better for it. For about fifteen seconds. '

Like I said, the time for reasoned debate has long long gone, our idiot chairman is choking the life out of our club, he's not a reasonable man by any stretch and you fight fire with fire, not with debate. We should be aggressively forcing him out of the club with a concerted campaign of intimidation, not issuing bloody press releases.

F**k him, F**k his rapist father, F**k his w@nker of a GM son, F**k his ridiculous hair, F**k his club funded white elephant of a wedding venue, F**k his failing businesses and F**k his clear mental illness.

If he comes within my reach I'll spark the c()nt out.

Thanks, it does feel a lot better.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2014 7:27]

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 08:15 - Sep 10 with 2767 views20togo

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 07:22 - Sep 10 by Lytham_FY8

' But the constant abuse does nobody any good except perhaps make themselves feel better for it. For about fifteen seconds. '

Like I said, the time for reasoned debate has long long gone, our idiot chairman is choking the life out of our club, he's not a reasonable man by any stretch and you fight fire with fire, not with debate. We should be aggressively forcing him out of the club with a concerted campaign of intimidation, not issuing bloody press releases.

F**k him, F**k his rapist father, F**k his w@nker of a GM son, F**k his ridiculous hair, F**k his club funded white elephant of a wedding venue, F**k his failing businesses and F**k his clear mental illness.

If he comes within my reach I'll spark the c()nt out.

Thanks, it does feel a lot better.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2014 7:27]

"I will personally jump on anything that is anti-Riga, no qualms whatsoever."

And I will do the same with BSA. Get used to it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024