Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row 21:15 - Dec 1 with 15745 viewsFlashberryjack

Thoughts

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 14:46 - Dec 2 with 1461 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 14:11 - Dec 2 by Boundy

We hear so much days of cultural misappropriation then surely this must be an example of one , she classes her self as British but I've never knew the dress wear in Hackney over the centuries has been that you dress up like a Nigerian princess

Nigerian princess? I assumed she was dressing up as that dwarf out of the new lord of the rings series.

“And where are you from?”

“Moria originally but had to flee to Erebor when the balrog came.”

“Ah yes I did hear Moria had gone downhill lately.”

“RACIST!!!”

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 15:05 - Dec 2 with 1430 viewsFlashberryjack

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 14:31 - Dec 2 by controversial_jack

Phil the Greek was a bit like this. He would open his mouth before thinking

Are yo related to Phil the Greek ? there are similarities.

Hello

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 15:06 - Dec 2 with 1429 viewsScotia

I've read some of what is apparently the transcript of the conversation online. It goes like this:-

Lady SH: “Where are you from?”

Ms Fulani: “Sistah Space.”

SH: “No where do you come from?

Ms Fulani: “We’re based in Hackney.”

SH: “No, what part of Africa are YOU from?”

Ms Fulani: “I don’t know, they didn’t leave any records.”

SH: “Well, you must know where you’re from, I spent time in France. Where are you from?”

Ms Fulani: “Here, UK”

SH: “No, but what Nationality are you?”

Ms Fulani: “I am born here and am British.”

SH: “No, but where do you really come from, where do your people come from?”

Ms Fulani: “‘My people’, lady, what is this?”

SH: “Oh I can see I am going to have a challenge getting you to say where you’re from. When did you first come here?”

Ms Fulani: “Lady! I am a British national, my parents came here in the 50’s when…”

SH: “Oh, I knew we’d get there in the end, you’re Caribbean!

It sounds like the kind of gaff that Phil the Greek would have made, or even quite likely my Grandfather. It also sounds pretty racist.

It makes no difference what organisation she is funded by and what their aims are. If, and that's a big if, that is what was said it's completely out of order.
Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 15:19 - Dec 2 with 1402 viewsScotia

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 21:46 - Dec 1 by Wingstandwood

For balance a white persons opinion!

I don't know who this "white person" is but I don't think he's made the best choice of film to reference.

Coming To America is about an African prince and his butler who deliberately try to disguise the fact that they are from Africa. It's a bloody funny film..
Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 15:37 - Dec 2 with 1388 viewsFireboy2

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 15:19 - Dec 2 by Scotia

I don't know who this "white person" is but I don't think he's made the best choice of film to reference.

Coming To America is about an African prince and his butler who deliberately try to disguise the fact that they are from Africa. It's a bloody funny film..

Hes an openly right wing comedian so not surprising his comments on this.
Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 15:39 - Dec 2 with 1387 viewsonehunglow

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 15:37 - Dec 2 by Fireboy2

Hes an openly right wing comedian so not surprising his comments on this.

Openly right wing is tantamount to being a paedophile

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 16:14 - Dec 2 with 1370 viewsWingstandwood

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 15:06 - Dec 2 by Scotia

I've read some of what is apparently the transcript of the conversation online. It goes like this:-

Lady SH: “Where are you from?”

Ms Fulani: “Sistah Space.”

SH: “No where do you come from?

Ms Fulani: “We’re based in Hackney.”

SH: “No, what part of Africa are YOU from?”

Ms Fulani: “I don’t know, they didn’t leave any records.”

SH: “Well, you must know where you’re from, I spent time in France. Where are you from?”

Ms Fulani: “Here, UK”

SH: “No, but what Nationality are you?”

Ms Fulani: “I am born here and am British.”

SH: “No, but where do you really come from, where do your people come from?”

Ms Fulani: “‘My people’, lady, what is this?”

SH: “Oh I can see I am going to have a challenge getting you to say where you’re from. When did you first come here?”

Ms Fulani: “Lady! I am a British national, my parents came here in the 50’s when…”

SH: “Oh, I knew we’d get there in the end, you’re Caribbean!

It sounds like the kind of gaff that Phil the Greek would have made, or even quite likely my Grandfather. It also sounds pretty racist.

It makes no difference what organisation she is funded by and what their aims are. If, and that's a big if, that is what was said it's completely out of order.

Well the gist is? Do you seriously believe (SERIOUSLY?) a presented (verbatim) memorised conversation claim, despite the fact that it comes from someone whom apparently (One British one African Nigerian?) has 'two identities'?

And not only that? Coming from a highly (discriminatory etc!!!!) questionable charity (accounts available online) that is a benefactor from BLM/Marxist association. And from a person that has personally made the accustion that (either or all?) Prince Charles, Camilla, The Prince and Princess of Wales are perpetrators of "domestic violence"?

And if the conversation was not memorised? That woman arrived equipped and mentally prepared to instantly switch on covert ("jarking" military term) recording at a cocktail party.

Why do that? What kind of person does that? I suggest it is the very person that uses invisible trip-wires to instigate offence to suit an hidden agenda

Argus!

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 16:31 - Dec 2 with 1357 viewsonehunglow

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 16:14 - Dec 2 by Wingstandwood

Well the gist is? Do you seriously believe (SERIOUSLY?) a presented (verbatim) memorised conversation claim, despite the fact that it comes from someone whom apparently (One British one African Nigerian?) has 'two identities'?

And not only that? Coming from a highly (discriminatory etc!!!!) questionable charity (accounts available online) that is a benefactor from BLM/Marxist association. And from a person that has personally made the accustion that (either or all?) Prince Charles, Camilla, The Prince and Princess of Wales are perpetrators of "domestic violence"?

And if the conversation was not memorised? That woman arrived equipped and mentally prepared to instantly switch on covert ("jarking" military term) recording at a cocktail party.

Why do that? What kind of person does that? I suggest it is the very person that uses invisible trip-wires to instigate offence to suit an hidden agenda

What you meant to say was this event is tailor made for the narrative of those who hate this country and it’s indigenous people.

Login to get fewer ads

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 16:41 - Dec 2 with 1352 viewsWingstandwood

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 16:31 - Dec 2 by onehunglow

What you meant to say was this event is tailor made for the narrative of those who hate this country and it’s indigenous people.

Seriously who has ever attended a cocktail party with "wired-up" intent?

Argus!

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 17:03 - Dec 2 with 1331 viewsScotia

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 16:14 - Dec 2 by Wingstandwood

That's why I said a "big if".

I'm inclined to believe it as its perfectly feasible that the conversation was recorded by phone on either video or audio. Surely over 90% of phones have that capability. You've just swallowed Farage's assertion of it being covertly recorded by a secret device. .

If it was fabricated surely legal action would be taken?

If that was said, its racist. Irrespective of who it was said to.
Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 17:06 - Dec 2 with 1326 viewsScotia

Also we've reached a second page of a thread claiming Lady Hussey wasn't being racist without anyone having a clue what was actually said.

That sort of says it all.
Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 17:12 - Dec 2 with 1321 viewsWingstandwood

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 17:06 - Dec 2 by Scotia

Also we've reached a second page of a thread claiming Lady Hussey wasn't being racist without anyone having a clue what was actually said.

Argus!

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 17:32 - Dec 2 with 1297 viewsonehunglow

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 16:41 - Dec 2 by Wingstandwood

Who’s been to serious cocktail party.
In Wales?

Lol

Cocktails are sugar hell anyway

Yah a fi

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 17:37 - Dec 2 with 1293 viewsFlashberryjack

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 17:06 - Dec 2 by Scotia

So do you know exactly what was said, and in which context it was said ?

This old lady may have, or may not have intended her comments to be racist, I don't know for sure, but I do know, that since some of the revelations about Ngozi Fulani have come out, there is definitely something not right here.

But of course, it's easy to throw this old lady under the bus, because it suits the anti royalists and the people that make a good living out of crying "racism" at every possible opportunity.

Hello

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 20:37 - Dec 2 with 1215 viewsScotia

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 17:37 - Dec 2 by Flashberryjack

So do you know exactly what was said, and in which context it was said ?

This old lady may have, or may not have intended her comments to be racist, I don't know for sure, but I do know, that since some of the revelations about Ngozi Fulani have come out, there is definitely something not right here.

But of course, it's easy to throw this old lady under the bus, because it suits the anti royalists and the people that make a good living out of crying "racism" at every possible opportunity.

No I haven't got a clue.

We only have her version of events. If they're true what has been said is racist. I'm not saying Lady Hussey is necessarily racist, as I've said my Grandfather would have said similar and he's of the same generation. But it's no excuse, it's an unacceptable thing to say in the UK in 2022. It is almost certainly true because the transcript hasn't been challenged and Lady Hussey has resigned.

The revelations of Ngozi Fulani's background are totally irrelevant. What matters is what was said.

We're on the second page of thread in which most posts seem to claim that Lady Hussey has done nothing wrong but Ms Fulani has. Seemingly based on nothing but their respective backgrounds.

It speaks volumes but I don't think many contributors to the thread even realise it.
Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 20:46 - Dec 2 with 1198 viewsSirjohnalot

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 20:37 - Dec 2 by Scotia

No I haven't got a clue.

We only have her version of events. If they're true what has been said is racist. I'm not saying Lady Hussey is necessarily racist, as I've said my Grandfather would have said similar and he's of the same generation. But it's no excuse, it's an unacceptable thing to say in the UK in 2022. It is almost certainly true because the transcript hasn't been challenged and Lady Hussey has resigned.

The revelations of Ngozi Fulani's background are totally irrelevant. What matters is what was said.

We're on the second page of thread in which most posts seem to claim that Lady Hussey has done nothing wrong but Ms Fulani has. Seemingly based on nothing but their respective backgrounds.

It speaks volumes but I don't think many contributors to the thread even realise it.

She asked her the question many times as to where she was from. She wouldn’t accept it when she said the UK. Clearly racist.

Her being of that age would be a fair point if she wasn’t a very prominent person meting people from all over the world.

If someone from this country asked me where I was from, and I said the UK, I’d be annoyed if they said ‘no but where are you really from ?’ Not once but many times.

Of course, they wouldn’t ask me that, would they ?
Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 20:51 - Dec 2 with 1190 viewsLohengrin

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 20:46 - Dec 2 by Sirjohnalot

She asked her the question many times as to where she was from. She wouldn’t accept it when she said the UK. Clearly racist.

Her being of that age would be a fair point if she wasn’t a very prominent person meting people from all over the world.

If someone from this country asked me where I was from, and I said the UK, I’d be annoyed if they said ‘no but where are you really from ?’ Not once but many times.

Of course, they wouldn’t ask me that, would they ?

” Of course, they wouldn’t ask me that, would they ?”

They well have done if you’d turned up dressed as Agamemnon.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 20:58 - Dec 2 with 1174 viewsSirjohnalot

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 20:51 - Dec 2 by Lohengrin

” Of course, they wouldn’t ask me that, would they ?”

They well have done if you’d turned up dressed as Agamemnon.

They may have asked where I was from but I doubt had I said ‘Wales now living near Manchester’ , I wouldn’t have been asked the same question again and again. That’s the difference
Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 20:59 - Dec 2 with 1173 viewsBoundy

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 16:41 - Dec 2 by Wingstandwood

Camilla missed a trick there , should have plugged her in

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 21:08 - Dec 2 with 1152 viewsLohengrin

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 20:58 - Dec 2 by Sirjohnalot

They may have asked where I was from but I doubt had I said ‘Wales now living near Manchester’ , I wouldn’t have been asked the same question again and again. That’s the difference

I seriously doubt the fantasist was asked “again and again” to be perfectly honest, at least not in the way that’s being claimed.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 21:14 - Dec 2 with 1138 viewsSirjohnalot

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 21:08 - Dec 2 by Lohengrin

I seriously doubt the fantasist was asked “again and again” to be perfectly honest, at least not in the way that’s being claimed.

Think the main problem is there are people who are likely to ask questions like that in public facing roles. Think Charles will sweep a new era in
Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 21:18 - Dec 2 with 1128 viewsFlashberryjack

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 20:58 - Dec 2 by Sirjohnalot

I was talking to a guy last week who had an eastern European surname, I asked him where he was from, he told me he was born Milton Keynes, but now living in Newtown Wales.

I then asked where his surname originated from, he told me his grandfather came here from Poland after world war two.

Do you think I was being racist ?

Hello

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 21:20 - Dec 2 with 1121 viewsSirjohnalot

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 21:18 - Dec 2 by Flashberryjack

I was talking to a guy last week who had an eastern European surname, I asked him where he was from, he told me he was born Milton Keynes, but now living in Newtown Wales.

I then asked where his surname originated from, he told me his grandfather came here from Poland after world war two.

Do you think I was being racist ?

Absolutely not, but that’s not what happened here.
Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 21:37 - Dec 2 with 1099 viewsFlashberryjack

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 21:20 - Dec 2 by Sirjohnalot

Absolutely not, but that’s not what happened here.

Would have still been ok if the guy I spoke to was black ?

Hello

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 21:42 - Dec 2 with 1090 viewsScotia

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 21:08 - Dec 2 by Lohengrin

Why?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024