Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row 21:15 - Dec 1 with 15742 viewsFlashberryjack

Thoughts

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 21:43 - Dec 2 with 1557 viewsSirjohnalot

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 21:37 - Dec 2 by Flashberryjack

Would have still been ok if the guy I spoke to was black ?

Absolutely. But if he said ‘I don’t know mate’ my mum
And dad are from Essex and I’ve been in Swansea since I was
5, then you insisted on knowing his heritage despite him telling you he was British, you’d be racist.

Two completely different scenarios, yours is just being interested.
Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 21:51 - Dec 2 with 1533 viewsLohengrin

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 21:42 - Dec 2 by Scotia

Why?

Why? Because, I suppose, of Susan Hussey’s family aversion to white supremacy: her father’s membership of The Capricorn Society and her brother’s trusteeship of The Mandela Foundation.

Marxists are often loud but seldom are they particularly clever.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 21:58 - Dec 2 with 1513 viewsFlashberryjack

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 21:43 - Dec 2 by Sirjohnalot

Absolutely. But if he said ‘I don’t know mate’ my mum
And dad are from Essex and I’ve been in Swansea since I was
5, then you insisted on knowing his heritage despite him telling you he was British, you’d be racist.

Two completely different scenarios, yours is just being interested.

I would be a little intrigued by him not knowing or wanting to say where his surname originated from, and then change the subject, probably because I'm a little more sensitive than an 84 year old woman.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 22:13 - Dec 2 with 1497 viewsSirjohnalot

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 21:58 - Dec 2 by Flashberryjack

I would be a little intrigued by him not knowing or wanting to say where his surname originated from, and then change the subject, probably because I'm a little more sensitive than an 84 year old woman.

….and exactly the reason she should not have been in that role.
Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 23:15 - Dec 2 with 1462 viewsraynor94

Turns out the good Lady is quite hard of hearing

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 10:01 - Dec 3 with 1398 viewsjackal

On hearing my name (it's Italian), people often ask where it's from.

I'm not in the least offended.
Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 10:21 - Dec 3 with 1380 viewsWingstandwood

Argus!

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 10:44 - Dec 3 with 1371 viewsonehunglow

Lefties see life through Class when cultural warriors now see it through the prism of Racism .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 10:56 - Dec 3 with 1364 viewsBoundy

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 10:01 - Dec 3 by jackal

On hearing my name (it's Italian), people often ask where it's from.

I'm not in the least offended.

Yes that's how a balanced person with no agenda should act

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 11:37 - Dec 3 with 1350 viewsSirjohnalot

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 10:21 - Dec 3 by Wingstandwood

Fox News plus this rather questionable person may not further your argument the way you think it does. Have you seen his history ?
Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 11:49 - Dec 3 with 1344 viewsWingstandwood

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 11:37 - Dec 3 by Sirjohnalot

Fox News plus this rather questionable person may not further your argument the way you think it does. Have you seen his history ?

I was more focussed on the BLACK person as opposed what news channel he was on!

Argus!

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 11:51 - Dec 3 with 1342 viewsWingstandwood

Different media source, but with a completely different BLACK person for balance? Why do white people get so outraged on behalf of BLACK people when no offence has actually been proven and when many BLACK people show obvious contempt for the accuser?
[Post edited 3 Dec 2022 11:59]

Argus!

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 12:40 - Dec 3 with 1308 viewsSirjohnalot

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 11:51 - Dec 3 by Wingstandwood

Different media source, but with a completely different BLACK person for balance? Why do white people get so outraged on behalf of BLACK people when no offence has actually been proven and when many BLACK people show obvious contempt for the accuser?
[Post edited 3 Dec 2022 11:59]

I’ve explained in a post above why, in my, opinion, it was unacceptable. Opinions vary, obviously.
Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 13:10 - Dec 3 with 1294 viewsWingstandwood

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 12:40 - Dec 3 by Sirjohnalot

I’ve explained in a post above why, in my, opinion, it was unacceptable. Opinions vary, obviously.

You know what surprises me? The fact that you are a "K.C" and do not give the impression of applying "innocent until proven guilty" judgment for an O.A.P of 83 years of age, whom has been accused by an individual who rings obvious alarm bells even amongst Nigerian nationals and other people of ethnic minorities.

Not only that O.A.P's of that lady's age can also suffer from a decline of (one or both at the same time) auditory ability and mental capacity. That 'legal' word "mitigating circumstances"?

BTW I specifically choose the BLACK person in the FOX News because he has on many occasions openly admitted to his childhood experiences of (he does not deny it! but neither makes it up!) racism, and thankfully he just like many other BLACK people are imo the best people possible to have an opinion on it.

Argus!

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 13:25 - Dec 3 with 1275 viewsSirjohnalot

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 13:10 - Dec 3 by Wingstandwood

You know what surprises me? The fact that you are a "K.C" and do not give the impression of applying "innocent until proven guilty" judgment for an O.A.P of 83 years of age, whom has been accused by an individual who rings obvious alarm bells even amongst Nigerian nationals and other people of ethnic minorities.

Not only that O.A.P's of that lady's age can also suffer from a decline of (one or both at the same time) auditory ability and mental capacity. That 'legal' word "mitigating circumstances"?

BTW I specifically choose the BLACK person in the FOX News because he has on many occasions openly admitted to his childhood experiences of (he does not deny it! but neither makes it up!) racism, and thankfully he just like many other BLACK people are imo the best people possible to have an opinion on it.

I’m not a KC, never ever said I was.

I’ve seen the transcript, it’s not been denied and she’s resigned.

Do you not think asking someone multiple times where they’re from despite them telling you the UK is acceptable?

Main problem is that she was doing this in such a public facing position.
Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 13:27 - Dec 3 with 1267 viewsGwyn737

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 11:49 - Dec 3 by Wingstandwood

I was more focussed on the BLACK person as opposed what news channel he was on!

You may want to read up on ‘Father’ Calvin Robinson…
Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 13:38 - Dec 3 with 1261 viewsonehunglow

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 13:25 - Dec 3 by Sirjohnalot

Do you not think asking someone multiple times where they’re from despite them telling you the UK is acceptable?

My mother was in Singleton,dying of bowel cancer .
We went down to see her for the last time
We discussed her condition with the consultant in the lift .
He asked th consultant..

“ and where do you hail from”

Nothing about how my mother would out her days.

Obsessed with ethnicity of a doctor rather than his prowess.

It’s a generation thing . It’s a fascination of colour of skin ,or religion,or
Cultural differences .

Just as well this generation is so better informed,educated and less suspicious of race.

Innit

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 13:45 - Dec 3 with 1256 viewsWingstandwood

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 13:25 - Dec 3 by Sirjohnalot

Oh so you are 100% certain that the transcript is honest and take the word of a highly questionable person? And have you assessed this O.A.P's mental and physical (auditory!) capacity yet? Things do not tend to "sink in" at that age. Ever heard of the term "confused old lady?....The 83 year old woman is a racist now send her down?

And I think you will find that many people have been forced to resign whilst being completely innocent or forced to apologise whilst innocently saying the 'wrong things' after being ganged-up upon by WOKE-bullies.

It was sickening to watch a former Welsh (O.A,P) Royal Protection police officer being witch-hunted on a broadcast last night for saying the wrong word last night, despite the fact he is obviously NOT a racist imo. He used the word "colourful" btw.

Argus!

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 14:04 - Dec 3 with 1232 viewsWingstandwood

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 13:38 - Dec 3 by onehunglow

My mother was in Singleton,dying of bowel cancer .
We went down to see her for the last time
We discussed her condition with the consultant in the lift .
He asked th consultant..

“ and where do you hail from”

Nothing about how my mother would out her days.

Obsessed with ethnicity of a doctor rather than his prowess.

It’s a generation thing . It’s a fascination of colour of skin ,or religion,or
Cultural differences .

Just as well this generation is so better informed,educated and less suspicious of race.

Innit

Jack Straw M.P forced to apologise live on 'BBC Question Time' because he used the word that has been put on signs above Black Community centres, by Black workers by agreement of black community leaders. The word that offended the black woman "Afro Caribbean".

This is the sick world of race-baiting bullies we now live in!

https://seearoundbritain.com/venues/afro-caribbean-community-association-36-wolv

Argus!

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 14:06 - Dec 3 with 1231 viewsSirjohnalot

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 13:45 - Dec 3 by Wingstandwood

Oh so you are 100% certain that the transcript is honest and take the word of a highly questionable person? And have you assessed this O.A.P's mental and physical (auditory!) capacity yet? Things do not tend to "sink in" at that age. Ever heard of the term "confused old lady?....The 83 year old woman is a racist now send her down?

And I think you will find that many people have been forced to resign whilst being completely innocent or forced to apologise whilst innocently saying the 'wrong things' after being ganged-up upon by WOKE-bullies.

It was sickening to watch a former Welsh (O.A,P) Royal Protection police officer being witch-hunted on a broadcast last night for saying the wrong word last night, despite the fact he is obviously NOT a racist imo. He used the word "colourful" btw.

Absolutely understand your point, but if that was or is the case isn’t it more worrying that she was doing the job she was ? She wasn’t a lady sat at home or saying something when she went shopping, she was representing the Royal Family in an official capacity. She should’ve been protected if that is the case. Not one person is saying she should go to prison, not sure where that came from.

If it wasn’t , isn’t is patronising to assume she’s a confused old lady due to her age. Biden and Trump would be be nearing that age towards the end of the next term is they were to be elected !

Again, the term ‘woke’, (some reason in capitals) what does it mean ?

I’ve not see the clip of the Royal Protection Officer, so can’t comment.

Again it is the decision to allow someone to represent the Royal Family, of whom there’s been accusations of racism to do this job is the issue. Gone are the days when these things are accepted.
Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 14:25 - Dec 3 with 1222 viewsWingstandwood

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 14:06 - Dec 3 by Sirjohnalot

Absolutely understand your point, but if that was or is the case isn’t it more worrying that she was doing the job she was ? She wasn’t a lady sat at home or saying something when she went shopping, she was representing the Royal Family in an official capacity. She should’ve been protected if that is the case. Not one person is saying she should go to prison, not sure where that came from.

If it wasn’t , isn’t is patronising to assume she’s a confused old lady due to her age. Biden and Trump would be be nearing that age towards the end of the next term is they were to be elected !

Again, the term ‘woke’, (some reason in capitals) what does it mean ?

I’ve not see the clip of the Royal Protection Officer, so can’t comment.

Again it is the decision to allow someone to represent the Royal Family, of whom there’s been accusations of racism to do this job is the issue. Gone are the days when these things are accepted.

WOKE is now identified by the majority of what it has evolved into, and what it has become, at this current moment in time i.e. cancel culture, malicious false accusation, Orwellian 'newspeak', an excuse to bully, student activist idiots wanting to defund the police etc.

Not to dissimilar to the word "political correctness" that was once upon a time associated with decency, kindness and being civil. That made "Love Thy Neighbour" right justly unfashionable and offensive,

But sadly was hijacked like WOKE has been, demeaned and abused by the wrong kind of people just to bully and create gratuitous offence. The warning on a bulletin board for Brighton and Hove Buses that told drivers that some customers might also take offence if they were called ‘love’ or ‘darling’ says it all imo.

Names and mission objectives change and evolve with time, just like with the UVF that paid the price on the Somme in 1916... Compare that to drug dealing UVF gangsters' of 2022! WOKE then, WOKE now! Political correctness then, political correctness now!

Argus!

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 14:45 - Dec 3 with 1180 viewsSirjohnalot

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 14:25 - Dec 3 by Wingstandwood

WOKE is now identified by the majority of what it has evolved into, and what it has become, at this current moment in time i.e. cancel culture, malicious false accusation, Orwellian 'newspeak', an excuse to bully, student activist idiots wanting to defund the police etc.

Not to dissimilar to the word "political correctness" that was once upon a time associated with decency, kindness and being civil. That made "Love Thy Neighbour" right justly unfashionable and offensive,

But sadly was hijacked like WOKE has been, demeaned and abused by the wrong kind of people just to bully and create gratuitous offence. The warning on a bulletin board for Brighton and Hove Buses that told drivers that some customers might also take offence if they were called ‘love’ or ‘darling’ says it all imo.

Names and mission objectives change and evolve with time, just like with the UVF that paid the price on the Somme in 1916... Compare that to drug dealing UVF gangsters' of 2022! WOKE then, WOKE now! Political correctness then, political correctness now!

The alternative view is that the word is used by the same people who use ‘gammon’ or ‘snowflake’ in that it’s an insult used against people with opposing views to theirs. When Love Thy Neighbour was initially criticised, those people who’d have been described as ‘woke’. To me the word means being on the side of people being treated equally irrespective of background, not accepting casual racism eg.

Did that bulletin to the bus drivers actually exist or is it a myth in the same was as ‘Muslims wanting to cancel Christmas’ or Winterval instead of Christmas’ or not allowed to have poppies anymore. All not true.

Of course there are idiots who take offence at everything and are always marching for one thing or another. I’m more than happy to stand against the tide, as it appears to be on this thread, but the Royal Family do have a history of problems like this which need addressing.

Anyone who wants to defund the police are idiots. It’s a tiny minority. especially in this country but like in any big organisation there are problem

Not sure why you keep writing work in capitals
Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 14:59 - Dec 3 with 1157 viewsWingstandwood

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 14:45 - Dec 3 by Sirjohnalot

The alternative view is that the word is used by the same people who use ‘gammon’ or ‘snowflake’ in that it’s an insult used against people with opposing views to theirs. When Love Thy Neighbour was initially criticised, those people who’d have been described as ‘woke’. To me the word means being on the side of people being treated equally irrespective of background, not accepting casual racism eg.

Did that bulletin to the bus drivers actually exist or is it a myth in the same was as ‘Muslims wanting to cancel Christmas’ or Winterval instead of Christmas’ or not allowed to have poppies anymore. All not true.

Of course there are idiots who take offence at everything and are always marching for one thing or another. I’m more than happy to stand against the tide, as it appears to be on this thread, but the Royal Family do have a history of problems like this which need addressing.

Anyone who wants to defund the police are idiots. It’s a tiny minority. especially in this country but like in any big organisation there are problem

Not sure why you keep writing work in capitals

I think you find that I like others use the word "WOKE" as a descriptive of a movement and thought process and not as an insult... I use capitols because I have seen it used by many with capitols on both the cover of books and on social media.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Woke+book&rlz=1C1OKWM_enGB978GB978&sxsrf

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/9501438.bus-drivers-told-to-cut-babe-greeting/

Argus!

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 15:06 - Dec 3 with 1132 viewsSirjohnalot

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 14:59 - Dec 3 by Wingstandwood

I think you find that I like others use the word "WOKE" as a descriptive of a movement and thought process and not as an insult... I use capitols because I have seen it used by many with capitols on both the cover of books and on social media.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Woke+book&rlz=1C1OKWM_enGB978GB978&sxsrf

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/9501438.bus-drivers-told-to-cut-babe-greeting/

One person complained, the company advised its drivers about the complaint as they have to do but no one was told not to say it ?

Not much of a story when you look at it is it ?

Could quite easily have been ‘1000s of customers have no problem with drivers calling them “love”.
Like I said, tiny minority

Titania McGrath is a satirist.
Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 15:20 - Dec 3 with 1121 viewsWingstandwood

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 15:06 - Dec 3 by Sirjohnalot

One person complained, the company advised its drivers about the complaint as they have to do but no one was told not to say it ?

Not much of a story when you look at it is it ?

Could quite easily have been ‘1000s of customers have no problem with drivers calling them “love”.
Like I said, tiny minority

Titania McGrath is a satirist.

https://www.itv.com/thismorning/articles/poll-would-you-be-offended-if-someone-c

Apparently 12% do not like being called 'darling' according to the iTV poll.

Argus!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024