Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spirit Of Gregory 23:19 - Sep 25 with 2440 viewsbosh67

I don't often have to say I think he saw the light before I did. That was the true definition of a shambles.

I have desperately been trying to give Chris Ramsey the benefit of the doubt. I truly don't know what happened between the beginning and the end of the International break but all the work that seemed to be working has now successfully been undone.

We haven't played that badly since... last week and the Blackburn game, which we got away with.

Ramsey simply isn't good enough and the alleged attacking style he talks about is non existent. I have seen a team that defends zonally without knowing what zonally means and shouldn't be zonally marking.

I see a midfield that floats around the centre circle and doesn't defend or go forward. It also only passes backwards.

I see a forward marooned and starved of the oxygen of support and supply. And now injured.

I see a defence with two slow fullbacks that can't get forward and are out of position at the back.

I see three of the back four that are too slow. Three of the middle 4/5 that are too slow to all be out there together.

I see a team that has no shape, no style of play, players not being played that should be, like Hall and Doughty. I see the formation that clearly doesn't work, some weird zonal marking that doesn't work and a team that clearly have lost faith in the coaching and that has had any flair sucked out of them.

Phillips... very good under Ramsey at first. Confidence shot. Chery, bad reaction but scored goals for fun and is being played totally in the wrong position. Confidence shot.

We can't defend, we certainly can't attack, we can't support, we can't keep up and we can't change it if it is going wrong.

If I had been the 'manager' tonight I would have resigned. I would have had the balls to realise that the players clearly have had enough of the complete lack of shape, cohesion and tactical skill.

So, Spirit Of Gregory, I hold my hands up. You were right. Ramsey is never going to be able to do what he says he can. He's simply not good enough. We need a proper manager with proper experience who plays players in the right position and who gets the best out of them.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Spirit Of Gregory on 23:25 - Sep 25 with 2400 viewsessextaxiboy

Its a she and she has an agenda ..
Spirit Of Gregory on 23:28 - Sep 25 with 2382 viewsCamberleyR

Spirit Of Warburton

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Spirit Of Gregory on 23:59 - Sep 25 with 2319 viewsballbag

If only Blackwood were playing
Spirit Of Gregory on 00:04 - Sep 26 with 2297 viewsbosh67

Spirit Of Gregory on 23:59 - Sep 25 by ballbag

If only Blackwood were playing

We've loaned him out.

I may be knee jerking tonight but our manager needs to take a long hard look at himself after that and be honest in terms of whether or not he can get any shape, defence or attack into this team.

I really wanted him to succeed but after watching 3 of the last 4 games I can't see any real coaching happening.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Spirit Of Gregory on 07:36 - Sep 26 with 2113 viewsBluce_Ree

Believe me, SoG was far from the only person to question the appointment.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Spirit Of Gregory on 08:19 - Sep 26 with 2047 viewsDorse

I think everybody questioned the appointment. I thought we'd go for Clement, personally.

The difference has been how we've all approached how Ramsey has gone about his business. We are split into those who buy into the narrative (we'll do well to avoid relegation / mid-table for this season / build for the future etc) and those who judge Ramsey from the point at which he took the lead role (relegation / drop in home form). Add to that the retention of Fer, Chaz and Phillips and this group of fans' expectations have risen from 'we'll get relegated under this clown' to 'we should be champions under this clown'.

I've got no idea how this season will pan out but I think that they'll give him the full term if we look safe by March.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Spirit Of Gregory on 09:02 - Sep 26 with 1985 viewsbosh67

Spirit Of Gregory on 08:19 - Sep 26 by Dorse

I think everybody questioned the appointment. I thought we'd go for Clement, personally.

The difference has been how we've all approached how Ramsey has gone about his business. We are split into those who buy into the narrative (we'll do well to avoid relegation / mid-table for this season / build for the future etc) and those who judge Ramsey from the point at which he took the lead role (relegation / drop in home form). Add to that the retention of Fer, Chaz and Phillips and this group of fans' expectations have risen from 'we'll get relegated under this clown' to 'we should be champions under this clown'.

I've got no idea how this season will pan out but I think that they'll give him the full term if we look safe by March.

I think you are right. He will be given every chance necessary but watching last night and 2 of the 3 prior games I am extremely concerned that the players have lost faith in what they are being told to do. Body language said it all for me after 2-0.

Second half we strolled around marking space.

Fulham played against us how I wanted us to play against them. They were pumped up, up for it, quick, simple, fast, accurate. Everything we weren't.

Never knowingly right.

Spirit Of Gregory on 09:06 - Sep 26 with 1975 viewsTheBlob

Spirit Of Gregory on 09:02 - Sep 26 by bosh67

I think you are right. He will be given every chance necessary but watching last night and 2 of the 3 prior games I am extremely concerned that the players have lost faith in what they are being told to do. Body language said it all for me after 2-0.

Fulham played against us how I wanted us to play against them. They were pumped up, up for it, quick, simple, fast, accurate. Everything we weren't.

Echo that sentiment Bosh 1000%,just how we should be playing.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Spirit Of Gregory on 09:53 - Sep 26 with 1903 viewsToast_R

The Ramsey Brain wave of having Phillips and Chery/Mackie/Henry glued to the f*cking side lines all game trying to give us this width, was a f*cking disaster all match and yet he had no clue as to what to do about it. Fulham did their homework and executed the perfect counterfoil combined with the basic ineptitude of the overall QPR performance and Bingo! A shellacking for the Superhooped no hopers.

It was pretty obvious from the moment Fulham scored that QPR were all wrong, so so wrong. Obvious to everyone it seemed except Ramsey who after some baiting from the travelling support to "Sort it out" has a rabbit in the headlights moment, sh*ts himself and makes a pointless substitution that came back to bite him in the ass later on. That's all you need to know about Ramsey, a complete tosser out of his depth.
Spirit Of Gregory on 09:57 - Sep 26 with 1897 viewsBlackCrowe

Spirit Of Gregory on 09:53 - Sep 26 by Toast_R

The Ramsey Brain wave of having Phillips and Chery/Mackie/Henry glued to the f*cking side lines all game trying to give us this width, was a f*cking disaster all match and yet he had no clue as to what to do about it. Fulham did their homework and executed the perfect counterfoil combined with the basic ineptitude of the overall QPR performance and Bingo! A shellacking for the Superhooped no hopers.

It was pretty obvious from the moment Fulham scored that QPR were all wrong, so so wrong. Obvious to everyone it seemed except Ramsey who after some baiting from the travelling support to "Sort it out" has a rabbit in the headlights moment, sh*ts himself and makes a pointless substitution that came back to bite him in the ass later on. That's all you need to know about Ramsey, a complete tosser out of his depth.

And Fulham have been absolutely dire all season (according to fulham mates) and we made them look very classy indeed. They had as much time on the ball as they wanted.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Spirit Of Gregory on 10:17 - Sep 26 with 1858 viewsToast_R

Spirit Of Gregory on 09:57 - Sep 26 by BlackCrowe

And Fulham have been absolutely dire all season (according to fulham mates) and we made them look very classy indeed. They had as much time on the ball as they wanted.

For the third goal it was almost an "after you Butler" from the QPR defence. Watching in awe as Fulham took them apart with "This magical pass and move" idea that looked totally foreign to them. I'm quite surprised they didn't clap the goal themselves.

Its like the pitch at Craven Cottage is laced with this odd form of anti QPR Kryptonite that turns our players into jibbering lethargic morons who've started the match after 20 goes at Round The Poll.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2015 10:20]
Spirit Of Gregory on 10:24 - Sep 26 with 1844 viewsqprewan

Spot on Bosh I was just about to write the same; we looked a complete shambles last night and we're 2nd best in all departments...to Fecking Fulham! what is really worrying is that CR does not appear to be addressing any of these issues. Grant Hall who was playing well and getting steadily better was dropped as soon as Angella arrived and the latter was bloody awful yesterday.
Also we yet again have started the season 2 strikers short...who are we going to play the next few weeks if Austin is injured? 3.0 down last night and no strikers what a joke.
Another thing I noticed was the amount of back passes to Green; a sure sign that the team have no clear idea or plan for going forward. Let's be honest Fulham should have scored 6 or 7 and we could scarcely get out of our own half. I feel so angry and disillusioned ..and it doesn't look like our manager has any answers
Spirit Of Gregory on 10:26 - Sep 26 with 1838 viewsbrad

well said spirit,spot on
Spirit Of Gregory on 10:37 - Sep 26 with 1815 viewsTHEBUSH

Spirit Of Gregory on 09:02 - Sep 26 by bosh67

One of many things that make me worry about Ramsey is that when things go wrong on the pitch he stands on the touchline with his arms folded looking worried.
I remember even last season Kevin Bond had to give him advice as what to do during a match.
It's all been said before, but he's a coach on the training ground and that's where he should stay.
Spirit Of Gregory on 11:50 - Sep 26 with 1742 viewsTacticalR

Bosh, don't tell me you're supporting Donald Trump?

Air hostess clique

Spirit Of Gregory on 12:53 - Sep 26 with 1680 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Spirit Of Gregory on 09:53 - Sep 26 by Toast_R

Spot on. He sacrificed (and in the process insulted) Chery after half an hour when the problem is the team just don't believe in what Ramsey is trying to do. The body language of the players spoke volumes.
Spirit Of Gregory on 16:15 - Sep 26 with 1580 viewsyankeephil

I hate to see anyone lose their job, but there comes a time when it seems the right move.so far only one game (Forest ) broadcast in the US. Watching that game I was very disappointed in what appeared to be a true lack of spirt on the players part & poor game plan.
Following the team on LFW i was actually optimistic & looked for steady improvement, but just not happening.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024