Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A touch of reality 16:40 - Dec 20 with 1723 viewsThe_Knightowl

I have been lurking and reading.

For longstanding Dale Fans these really are still days of Joy..keep smiling ...sometimes things might not be pretty especially when you have been spoiled in recent times. I understand the frustration but cast your mind back to almost exactly the 19/20 December 2011; Dale's last second season in League 1
"We currently have a squad of 28 players which is the biggest Rochdale Football Club's ever had by a long way - Keith's squad was about 18 or 19"
Quote Steve Eyre.
"22 goals and winning only four of 21 league games"

I think Mr Hill is doing quite well..............
A touch of reality on 16:54 - Dec 20 with 1667 viewssuffolkdale

Well said that man!!

Keith is a brilliant man manager and superb at getting the best out of footballers, but lousy at interviews - I'm used to it now and so should everybody else be! Would you rather have a PR expert who is lousy at managing football teams?
A touch of reality on 17:32 - Dec 20 with 1595 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Mr hill is doing great, I think we all appreciate that.
He wants more love, the fans want more love.
He's made our dreams come true, yet killed any future dreams.

Maybe Keith is being realistic, maybe he is saving us from a fall.

The previous six games I got to watch, we scored no goals, so yesterday I saw us win, score a few goals, had a pint on the way home and the crowd was perhaps 400 more than I expected, I had a fab day and loving what my club had just done. Yet Keith wanted to say I was disconnected and a bad fan. He has told me this before and will tell it me again. It used to matter to me, now it doesn't, Keith can say what he likes, I had a fab day as I said, if he didn't, tough tittie.

I think Keith's down fall is that he wants to tell us what we should expect, as someone mentioned, he has never been a fan, following his club, spending his last £20 to watch a game, hoping for a win. He won't have experienced the hurt of being embarrassed on tv against bury and dying without a whimper.

Football is about opinions, without them it would be predictable and boring.

I watched a programme about Karen Brady on tv today and she stated, that without hope, without a belief that the club is striving for something, selling a dream and getting supporters to buy into that, you will lose the supporters. I wish our directors would take note, but they won't.

We should be excited about being four points off the playoffs, but our chairman and manager don't want us to reach them, that's the reality. They should be, but these aren't days of joy.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2015 17:36]

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

A touch of reality on 17:40 - Dec 20 with 1566 viewszxcvbnm

Of course they want to reach the play offs. I think they want to dampen unrealistic expectations though. They've also seem how promotion to the championship has destroyed Yeovil. The want will be to go up and survive.

Poll: Best loanee keeper

A touch of reality on 21:54 - Dec 20 with 1345 viewsnordenblue

A touch of reality on 17:40 - Dec 20 by zxcvbnm

Of course they want to reach the play offs. I think they want to dampen unrealistic expectations though. They've also seem how promotion to the championship has destroyed Yeovil. The want will be to go up and survive.

Without banging the same old drum yes they would like to reach the play offs no doubt at all for the extra revenue.The promotion bit is a totally different story
A touch of reality on 22:07 - Dec 20 with 1326 viewsSuddenLad

A touch of reality on 17:40 - Dec 20 by zxcvbnm

I firmly believe that the Directors and all the staff are passionately in favour of being promoted, but that it HAS to be done on firm business foundations and a solid, dependable financial standing.

Hence the continual script we heaar being read out about establishing ourselves as a League One club and ensuring we own our own ground.

Don't underestimate the importance of either factor, we all want the same thing and strive for the same objective, but perhaps at different speeds.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

A touch of reality on 22:21 - Dec 20 with 1291 viewsnordenblue

A touch of reality on 22:07 - Dec 20 by SuddenLad

I firmly believe that the Directors and all the staff are passionately in favour of being promoted, but that it HAS to be done on firm business foundations and a solid, dependable financial standing.

Hence the continual script we heaar being read out about establishing ourselves as a League One club and ensuring we own our own ground.

Don't underestimate the importance of either factor, we all want the same thing and strive for the same objective, but perhaps at different speeds.

You have a pm
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024