Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. 14:43 - Oct 14 with 17790 viewsolympicdale

So says the courts.

Does this mean the lady can be done for slander. All about getting his career back on track now.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2016 14:49]

Life is a game of fate.

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 15:31 - Oct 18 with 1837 viewsScunnydale

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 15:08 - Oct 18 by steofthedale

It seems that those involved may all be graduates from the Donald Trump School of Courtly Love

Wasn't she married to Kurt Cobain?
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 15:43 - Oct 18 with 1814 viewsNinco

I believe he is thinking of suing Gloria Hunniford because she said she doubted his not guilty result.

Did Sheffield United sack him when he was originally found guilty, or did they just allow his contract to run out? If they sacked him, he could potentially sue them but I doubt he would get anything as they would have based it on the outcome at the time.

It does need looking at though. I don't know how Ched Evan's finances are, but I know if I got wrongfully banged up for 2 and a half years, I would come out to find my house repossessed and heavily in debt because none of my bills would have been paid. When it isn't your fault, that isn't fair and I feel that the accuser should now be put before the court to explain why she accused him.
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 15:57 - Oct 18 with 1785 viewsColDale

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 15:43 - Oct 18 by Ninco

I believe he is thinking of suing Gloria Hunniford because she said she doubted his not guilty result.

Did Sheffield United sack him when he was originally found guilty, or did they just allow his contract to run out? If they sacked him, he could potentially sue them but I doubt he would get anything as they would have based it on the outcome at the time.

It does need looking at though. I don't know how Ched Evan's finances are, but I know if I got wrongfully banged up for 2 and a half years, I would come out to find my house repossessed and heavily in debt because none of my bills would have been paid. When it isn't your fault, that isn't fair and I feel that the accuser should now be put before the court to explain why she accused him.

Should that apply to all 93% of rape complaints that don't lead to conviction?
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 16:24 - Oct 18 with 1750 viewsD_Alien

I think it's already been established that the girl in question - referred to as "the complainant" - by the funding website, didn't actually make a complaint against Evans.

Let me be perfectly clear, to anyone thinking of jumping onto this particular bandwagon.

Women, or men, who are victims of rape need all the support they can get and the full backing of the courts in pursuing justice. Crowdfunding is not the way forward, it simply victimises them further whilst existing to make those who think they have a superior conscience feel better about themselves.

[Post edited 18 Oct 2016 16:46]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 17:08 - Oct 18 with 1695 views1mark1

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 15:43 - Oct 18 by Ninco

It has not been found that he was wrongly found guilty first time. The first trial jury found him guilty as they believed that there was enough evidence to convict him. The second trial jury found him not guilty, as they couldn't be totally sure he was guilty. No one on here can know for a fact that he was or not guilty of the charge that was brought against him. The only fact we now have is that rightly or wrongly he has now been found not guilty.

The so called accuser did not accuse him of rape, the police and CPS did, she made it clear she couldn't remember or didn't know what had happened.

If he is thinking of trying to sue Gloria Honeyford, for doubting his innocence, then he may well want to sue many others who doubt his innocence.

If he wants to he can sue me, as I too doubt his innocence, though respect the not guilty verdict of the second trial jury. I believe the first jury got it right, but could never be totally sure.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 19:37 - Oct 18 with 1608 viewsnordenblue

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 17:08 - Oct 18 by 1mark1

It has not been found that he was wrongly found guilty first time. The first trial jury found him guilty as they believed that there was enough evidence to convict him. The second trial jury found him not guilty, as they couldn't be totally sure he was guilty. No one on here can know for a fact that he was or not guilty of the charge that was brought against him. The only fact we now have is that rightly or wrongly he has now been found not guilty.

The so called accuser did not accuse him of rape, the police and CPS did, she made it clear she couldn't remember or didn't know what had happened.

If he is thinking of trying to sue Gloria Honeyford, for doubting his innocence, then he may well want to sue many others who doubt his innocence.

If he wants to he can sue me, as I too doubt his innocence, though respect the not guilty verdict of the second trial jury. I believe the first jury got it right, but could never be totally sure.

So when she initially went to the police her complaint was "I don't know what's happened" you'd have to ask the question why the hell she even went to the police then if that was the case?

You doubt his innocence,I seem to remember at the time you were of the persuasion hes been charged hes guilty and thats that,using the same thinking he's not guilty as has been proven to be innocent regardless of your opinion?
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 19:55 - Oct 18 with 1591 views1mark1

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 19:37 - Oct 18 by nordenblue

So when she initially went to the police her complaint was "I don't know what's happened" you'd have to ask the question why the hell she even went to the police then if that was the case?

You doubt his innocence,I seem to remember at the time you were of the persuasion hes been charged hes guilty and thats that,using the same thinking he's not guilty as has been proven to be innocent regardless of your opinion?

I don't know what she said to the police, or why she originally went to them, or why or how they got involved.

I can't remember posting about the case when he originally was found guilty. You must have a tremendous memory to remember all posts by everyone on the subject.

Yes I believe on the balance of what I know about the case that the original decision was correct , however I can understand why the jury came to the not guilty verdict, and would never blame them for coming to that verdict.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2016 19:57]

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:05 - Oct 18 with 1574 viewsmoth5368

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 19:55 - Oct 18 by 1mark1

I don't know what she said to the police, or why she originally went to them, or why or how they got involved.

I can't remember posting about the case when he originally was found guilty. You must have a tremendous memory to remember all posts by everyone on the subject.

Yes I believe on the balance of what I know about the case that the original decision was correct , however I can understand why the jury came to the not guilty verdict, and would never blame them for coming to that verdict.

Let me just check that you are saying what I think you are. You believe that you know more about the case than those on the jury who heard all the evidence from both prosecution & defence? Enough to say that in your opinion they got it wrong & you know better? That's pretty arrogant.
Login to get fewer ads

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:08 - Oct 18 with 1567 views1mark1

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:05 - Oct 18 by moth5368

Let me just check that you are saying what I think you are. You believe that you know more about the case than those on the jury who heard all the evidence from both prosecution & defence? Enough to say that in your opinion they got it wrong & you know better? That's pretty arrogant.

No. If you are going to call me at least read what I wrote properly!

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:17 - Oct 18 with 1546 viewsmoth5368

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:08 - Oct 18 by 1mark1

No. If you are going to call me at least read what I wrote properly!

Then please enlighten me. Why do you think you know better than the jury?
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:17 - Oct 18 with 1546 viewsnordenblue

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 19:55 - Oct 18 by 1mark1

I do have quite a good memory however I don't remember exact posts but I do recall certain posters who believed everything the media fed them.

"On the balance of what I know about the case that the original decision was correct" I'd guess the court was presented with a touch more information than the details you have access to and strangely enough have the opposite opinion to yourself,whys that then?
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:19 - Oct 18 with 1540 views1mark1

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:17 - Oct 18 by moth5368

Then please enlighten me. Why do you think you know better than the jury?

I am not claiming to know better than the jury.

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:26 - Oct 18 with 1523 viewsmoth5368

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:19 - Oct 18 by 1mark1

You said that you believe that the original decision was correct which by implication means that the second decision, in your opinion, is incorrect.
How do you come to the conclusion that they got it wrong unless you know better?
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:26 - Oct 18 with 1523 viewsnordenblue

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:19 - Oct 18 by 1mark1

You are saying he was guilty initially because he was charged guilty, and yet hes still guilty now he's officially not guilty,how does that work?
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:29 - Oct 18 with 1513 views1mark1

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:17 - Oct 18 by nordenblue

I do have quite a good memory however I don't remember exact posts but I do recall certain posters who believed everything the media fed them.

"On the balance of what I know about the case that the original decision was correct" I'd guess the court was presented with a touch more information than the details you have access to and strangely enough have the opposite opinion to yourself,whys that then?

I am not convinced that I commented at the time on the original case.

So anyone who believes in his guilt, "believe everything that the media fed them" ? Funny that as not all of the media that Inhave seen believed in his guilt.

Yes made it clear, it's what I BELIEVE, not know, and also have previously said that none of us know the full facts. No one knows whether or not the jurors in the second trial, believed that he was probably guilty or not, but what is for sure is that they were not total convinced of his guilt, unlike the first jury.

Fair enough if you believe totally in his innocence, that's your right, however people have the right to believe that the original decision was correct.

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:34 - Oct 18 with 1502 viewsD_Alien

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:29 - Oct 18 by 1mark1

I am not convinced that I commented at the time on the original case.

So anyone who believes in his guilt, "believe everything that the media fed them" ? Funny that as not all of the media that Inhave seen believed in his guilt.

Yes made it clear, it's what I BELIEVE, not know, and also have previously said that none of us know the full facts. No one knows whether or not the jurors in the second trial, believed that he was probably guilty or not, but what is for sure is that they were not total convinced of his guilt, unlike the first jury.

Fair enough if you believe totally in his innocence, that's your right, however people have the right to believe that the original decision was correct.

The first jury weren't totally convinced of his guilt, it was a split decision as I understand it, with a couple of female jurors visibly crying when the verdict was returned

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:35 - Oct 18 with 1491 views1mark1

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:26 - Oct 18 by nordenblue

You are saying he was guilty initially because he was charged guilty, and yet hes still guilty now he's officially not guilty,how does that work?

No I said I BELIEVED the original decision was right, and yes that understandably the latest decision was wrong. The burden of proof to find someone guilty is extremely high. There are plenty who believe the original decision was wrong, that's their right.

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:38 - Oct 18 with 1486 views1mark1

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:26 - Oct 18 by moth5368

You said that you believe that the original decision was correct which by implication means that the second decision, in your opinion, is incorrect.
How do you come to the conclusion that they got it wrong unless you know better?

Believing something is not always knowing something. So no, I don't know better, just stating what I believe.

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:41 - Oct 18 with 1472 views1mark1

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:34 - Oct 18 by D_Alien

The first jury weren't totally convinced of his guilt, it was a split decision as I understand it, with a couple of female jurors visibly crying when the verdict was returned

Split decision has to be at least 10-2, and the 10 have to be completely sure, to say guilty.
Many jurors find such cases heart wrenching, and it is common to let their emotions show, at the end of such a harrowing trial.

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:42 - Oct 18 with 1457 viewsmoth5368

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:35 - Oct 18 by 1mark1

No I said I BELIEVED the original decision was right, and yes that understandably the latest decision was wrong. The burden of proof to find someone guilty is extremely high. There are plenty who believe the original decision was wrong, that's their right.

Plenty of people believe in Father Christmas which is why what plenty of people believe is irrelevant.
I think it's arrogant that you believe the jury are wrong when they know more about the case than you do.
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:45 - Oct 18 with 1450 viewsD_Alien

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:41 - Oct 18 by 1mark1

Split decision has to be at least 10-2, and the 10 have to be completely sure, to say guilty.
Many jurors find such cases heart wrenching, and it is common to let their emotions show, at the end of such a harrowing trial.

Actually, they don't - in fact, they can't

All they can do is weigh the balance of probabilities before reaching a decision

In very few cases - except those which are 100% cut and dried, can anyone be certain of guilt

There's been plenty of people hanged where jurors might've thought they were certain, but were wrong

[Post edited 18 Oct 2016 20:46]

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:45 - Oct 18 with 1450 viewsmoth5368

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:38 - Oct 18 by 1mark1

Believing something is not always knowing something. So no, I don't know better, just stating what I believe.

Belief without knowledge is just wanting something to be true.
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:45 - Oct 18 with 1445 viewsnordenblue

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:35 - Oct 18 by 1mark1

There were facts presented at the retrial that didn't come up in the initial court case,surely you've taken these into consideration too like the legal system obviously has or is he guilty and thats the end of that one in your book?

On what basis do you BELIEVE the original decision is still correct when it's been proven to be incorrect,how are they wrong to now make him NOT guilty?
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:48 - Oct 18 with 1437 views1mark1

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:42 - Oct 18 by moth5368

Plenty of people believe in Father Christmas which is why what plenty of people believe is irrelevant.
I think it's arrogant that you believe the jury are wrong when they know more about the case than you do.

Ok, fair enough. By your logic Everyone who EVER questions a jury decision is being arrogant. So I presume every decision, ever made by a jury, you agree with.

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:53 - Oct 18 with 1422 views1mark1

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:45 - Oct 18 by D_Alien

Actually, they don't - in fact, they can't

All they can do is weigh the balance of probabilities before reaching a decision

In very few cases - except those which are 100% cut and dried, can anyone be certain of guilt

There's been plenty of people hanged where jurors might've thought they were certain, but were wrong

[Post edited 18 Oct 2016 20:46]

They have to practically certain of the guilt, and yes after weighing up the balance of probabilities and all the evidence available.

Totally agree about, the fact that juries sometimes get it wrong.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024