Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst side for years 22:15 - Oct 17 with 2310 views14bowlers

God only knows what has happened to our clever and good to watch team.
This has to be (at the moment) one of the worst sides to represent the shirt for a long long time.
We have not got a clue about creating an opening to score, and our defence has really gone to sleep.
As a supporter of 60 years, I feel at the moment that we are going back to the bad old days, and it is a real shame, ecause the past years have been fantastic.
I sincerely hope that Hilly can turn this around quickly, otherwise, I feel that this is going to be a very long and sad season.
Worst side for years on 22:35 - Oct 17 with 2143 viewsinthenet

Not the worse me butvery close , sick of the bad luck second half tactics appalling

Rastrickblue

Worst side for years on 22:40 - Oct 17 with 2082 viewsKnowlesy

I used to be proud of the way we played football. "Come to Spotland, we play some great football, it's none of that hoof ball that all you premiership lot think it is."

Not anymore. As someone said on the match thread, apart from the odd 5 minute spell when we were in the ascendancy it was the big lump up to Calvin's head. I feel sorry for him because he wins most of the headers but there's not even anyone anywhere near him to feed off the scraps.
Worst side for years on 22:52 - Oct 17 with 1959 viewsdawlishdale

A month or so ago, I'd not have bothered commenting on this type of thread, writing it off as a knee jerk reaction to a few poor results, but I have to reluctantly agree.

The quality isn't there, the desire to work hard for each other is almost gone and the tactics from the Manager leave a lot to be desired. There seems to be a lack of leadership and confidence both on and off the pitch, which worries me deeply.

As soon as we went two goals up, we sat deeper and deeper, inviting Northampton to attack, which, reluctantly, they did. Our sole tactic seems to be a long punt from defence towards Calvin...and this continued even after he was taken off !!!

Both their goals were poor defending...not sure who messed up for the first, but fairly sure that Joe Raff was at fault for the equaliser.

And I might as well say it, because it's been annoying me for ages. We should NOT be bringing everyone back to defend a set piece. If we leave one player up, they have to bring two players back.

We had a worse team under Eyre and also under Coleman, but this team, which I'd wager are on considerably more money as a group, need to improve 100% or we will go down.

No fear? We look scared to death recently.

I'd make us a knocking bet to lose to Bromley. So come on Hilly...prove me wrong..please.
Worst side for years on 22:54 - Oct 17 with 1931 viewshxdale

Worst side for years on 22:40 - Oct 17 by Knowlesy

I used to be proud of the way we played football. "Come to Spotland, we play some great football, it's none of that hoof ball that all you premiership lot think it is."

Not anymore. As someone said on the match thread, apart from the odd 5 minute spell when we were in the ascendancy it was the big lump up to Calvin's head. I feel sorry for him because he wins most of the headers but there's not even anyone anywhere near him to feed off the scraps.

We used to be able predict a good balanced side, last season. There was a lot of competition for places. That has changed. This season there seems to be no competition for places and players wanting to fight for their shirts. There is no balanced team, players play a couple of matches then seem to be dropped to bench. For me they are loosing fitness and confidence. E.g rathbone on bench, when he gets another chance he won't have had match time.. standard is dropping fast, no stand out players..
Worst side for years on 23:00 - Oct 17 with 1875 viewsrochdaleriddler

Worst side for years on 22:52 - Oct 17 by dawlishdale

A month or so ago, I'd not have bothered commenting on this type of thread, writing it off as a knee jerk reaction to a few poor results, but I have to reluctantly agree.

The quality isn't there, the desire to work hard for each other is almost gone and the tactics from the Manager leave a lot to be desired. There seems to be a lack of leadership and confidence both on and off the pitch, which worries me deeply.

As soon as we went two goals up, we sat deeper and deeper, inviting Northampton to attack, which, reluctantly, they did. Our sole tactic seems to be a long punt from defence towards Calvin...and this continued even after he was taken off !!!

Both their goals were poor defending...not sure who messed up for the first, but fairly sure that Joe Raff was at fault for the equaliser.

And I might as well say it, because it's been annoying me for ages. We should NOT be bringing everyone back to defend a set piece. If we leave one player up, they have to bring two players back.

We had a worse team under Eyre and also under Coleman, but this team, which I'd wager are on considerably more money as a group, need to improve 100% or we will go down.

No fear? We look scared to death recently.

I'd make us a knocking bet to lose to Bromley. So come on Hilly...prove me wrong..please.

We are playing crap, and we have all season, the manager seems unable to change things, crowds are dwindling, no atmosphere at games. It feels a bit John Coleman

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024