Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Travel to Wembley. 23:32 - Feb 18 with 3387 viewswindowsbug

Ok...
What the best way to get to Wembley from Rochdale.
I prefer to drive but parking is £40.
What are the alternatives ie.. parking away and public transport to the ground.
Travel to Wembley. on 23:34 - Feb 18 with 3366 viewsoddjob007

£23 each way on the train, manc to Euston, travelling down in the afternoon and coming back after the match.

Wembley is 4 stops on the tube (metropolitan line) from euston. Shouldn’t cost more than £55 in total. Train is only 2 hours.
Travel to Wembley. on 23:35 - Feb 18 with 3356 viewsdingdangblue

We recently went to Harry Potter World and stayed in Watford. Tube/train into London went right past Wembley. Maybe park up in Watford and jump on the tube/train?
I'm sure you will get other advice also but it's an option.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Travel to Wembley. on 23:47 - Feb 18 with 3291 viewsStudiousDale

Park at Stanmore either in the station NCP or nearby and then 4 stops on the tube (10 mins) to Wembley
Travel to Wembley. on 00:02 - Feb 19 with 3251 viewswindowsbug

Thanks so far.
Travel to Wembley. on 00:06 - Feb 19 with 3233 viewsDaley_Lama

For anybody wishing to stay over, the Holiday Inn Wembley has vacancies and is relatively cheap.

It is right by the retail park which has loads of good restaurants and has parking included. (not sure exactly what they charge for parking as i have a works rate there.)

Poll: DF in or out

Travel to Wembley. on 00:37 - Feb 19 with 3172 viewssykeboy

Travel to Wembley. on 23:47 - Feb 18 by StudiousDale

Park at Stanmore either in the station NCP or nearby and then 4 stops on the tube (10 mins) to Wembley

Anybody using London transport register a contactless card on the TFL site to get reduced fares up to 50% cheaper, I did this for England/ Wales game and it works great and saves loads of time
Travel to Wembley. on 07:30 - Feb 19 with 2964 viewshxdale

Stanford station for me.. easy parking residents are more than happy to let you park on there drives for a tenner.tube to Wembley..
Travel to Wembley. on 08:25 - Feb 19 with 2866 viewsMeanwood

iIf you choose to drive, Park at Hillingdon right next to tube station, end of M40 then get the Metro line straight to Wembley, reasonable charge for parking, i seem to remember £5.00 just before Christmas. no worries if iy goes to extra time and missing trains etc.
Login to get fewer ads

Travel to Wembley. on 08:59 - Feb 19 with 2772 viewsStudiousDale

Thought I'd add a bit more...

At Wembley it can take a long long time to get from your seat to onto a tube due to congestion.

For the Newport replay the attendance was capped at 51k with 7.7k to Newport, so you could easily be waiting 60 mins to get on a tube back to central London... bear this in mind if booking late trains (last train from Euston to Manchester seems to be 23:00) - if the game is 8pm kick-off that will be tight, and nigh-on impossible if it goes to extra time.
Travel to Wembley. on 09:10 - Feb 19 with 2722 viewsUnmoderatedCF

Travel to Wembley. on 08:59 - Feb 19 by StudiousDale

Thought I'd add a bit more...

At Wembley it can take a long long time to get from your seat to onto a tube due to congestion.

For the Newport replay the attendance was capped at 51k with 7.7k to Newport, so you could easily be waiting 60 mins to get on a tube back to central London... bear this in mind if booking late trains (last train from Euston to Manchester seems to be 23:00) - if the game is 8pm kick-off that will be tight, and nigh-on impossible if it goes to extra time.

I detest 8pm kick offs for that reason.

There are other options which i will go into for your benefit once the time/date is confirmed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024