Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
16 Clean Sheets 11:20 - Apr 18 with 756 viewsSandyDrum

This season we've kept 16 clean sheets in the league and 4 in the cups, so 20 in total.

That's seriously good going and the same amount as both Shrewsbury and Blackburn, only Wigan have more than us.

I think it shows that our back 3/4/5 and even 6 for the last 10 minutes of the Bury match have been exceptional from open play, especially since February where we have kept 8 of those clean sheets (+1 in the cup).

On the flipside, we have a goals per game ratio of 1.07, only 5 teams are worse off than us in that department.

Bury, Gillingham, MK Dons, Nothampton & Wimbledon.

We've scored 45 goals in the league, 20 of those goals have been scored by Hendo and Davies between them.

Their closest competitor is Done, with 5 goals, Andrew and Inman with 3 and most of the midfield have 2.

I'm not trying to play the blame game, but the lack of an out and out goalscorer as backup to Hendo who is fit enough to play 20 games a season is going to kill us.

It's all well and good keeping clean sheets, but without being able to score we're in the situation we're in now.

I hope the players are in shooting practice this week, slap on a goal bonus, double it if you need to!
Time to take a risk now, we need to win games, and to win games you need goals.
Time for someone to step up and start taking risks and having a few shots.

Up the dale!

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024