Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
help to identify/confirm the date of a postponed game 14:04 - Jul 30 with 975 viewsNigeriamark

I travelled to a dale home game against I think Newport or Plymouth which was postponed when I got there. It was already a rearranged game due to an earlier postponement because of bad weather. I think was rescheduled to when the 2nd or 3rd round FA cup weekend was due as both teams were knocked out and I think it would have been early December 1999 or 2000.

Can anyone confirm the exact details?
help to identify/confirm the date of a postponed game on 14:17 - Jul 30 with 949 viewsTVOS1907

Newport weren't in the league then.

We didn't have any rearranged games on FA Cup second or third round dates in either of those years.

1999 - first round was on Saturday 29th October, second round on Saturday 20th November, third round on Saturday 11th December

2000 - first round was on Saturday 18th November, second round on Saturday 9th December, third round on Saturday 6th January

The only possibility I can think of is the Plymouth league game being postponed on Saturday 25th November 2000, which was its originally scheduled date. It wasn't played until Tuesday 1st May.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

help to identify/confirm the date of a postponed game on 14:23 - Jul 30 with 939 viewsNigeriamark

help to identify/confirm the date of a postponed game on 14:17 - Jul 30 by TVOS1907

Newport weren't in the league then.

We didn't have any rearranged games on FA Cup second or third round dates in either of those years.

1999 - first round was on Saturday 29th October, second round on Saturday 20th November, third round on Saturday 11th December

2000 - first round was on Saturday 18th November, second round on Saturday 9th December, third round on Saturday 6th January

The only possibility I can think of is the Plymouth league game being postponed on Saturday 25th November 2000, which was its originally scheduled date. It wasn't played until Tuesday 1st May.

That will be the one ( Plymouth 2000). Did we actually play a game Dec 9th that year?

I was sure the rearranged game from November was slated for that weekend but then called off because of weather again. If we actually played someone on that day then I am clearly wrong
help to identify/confirm the date of a postponed game on 14:30 - Jul 30 with 927 viewsTVOS1907

help to identify/confirm the date of a postponed game on 14:23 - Jul 30 by Nigeriamark

That will be the one ( Plymouth 2000). Did we actually play a game Dec 9th that year?

I was sure the rearranged game from November was slated for that weekend but then called off because of weather again. If we actually played someone on that day then I am clearly wrong

No, we didn't.

It might well have been called-off again on 9th December, but I can't find anything in the records.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

help to identify/confirm the date of a postponed game on 14:38 - Jul 30 with 919 viewsNigeriamark

help to identify/confirm the date of a postponed game on 14:30 - Jul 30 by TVOS1907

No, we didn't.

It might well have been called-off again on 9th December, but I can't find anything in the records.

I am sure it was. I was asked about the furthest I had travelled just to watch a game that was postponed. I was living in South India and had a free airflight that had to be used by the end of December. I decided to use it to watch a Dale game. I flew from Bangalore to Manchester via Bombay & London. My dad met me to say that the game was off and on the Sunday I flew back again. The fact I seemed to recall it was Plymouth ( or Newport!!) makes me think it had been scheduled.
help to identify/confirm the date of a postponed game on 15:56 - Jul 30 with 828 viewsrafc1984

help to identify/confirm the date of a postponed game on 14:38 - Jul 30 by Nigeriamark

I am sure it was. I was asked about the furthest I had travelled just to watch a game that was postponed. I was living in South India and had a free airflight that had to be used by the end of December. I decided to use it to watch a Dale game. I flew from Bangalore to Manchester via Bombay & London. My dad met me to say that the game was off and on the Sunday I flew back again. The fact I seemed to recall it was Plymouth ( or Newport!!) makes me think it had been scheduled.

Wow that's an incredible distance to travel in a 2-3 day period.
I was in Mangalore myself around that time. Small world
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024