Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chairman to leave 18:04 - Dec 5 with 20198 viewsjudd

At the end of the year.

Fookin hell

Poll: What is it to be then?

Chairman to leave on 18:30 - Dec 8 with 4150 viewsdeeplishblue

CD was interviewed on GMR today. He was pretty guarded TBH. I wouldn't rule out a coup. Asked about the timing he said that he wanted to give the new guy a run up to the transfer window. Mentioned that AK is the major shareholder. Asked about the number of changes to the board he said if your going to change it might as well be big changes. Said that KH has worked well in the past with A Kelly ? So that won't be a problem

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Chairman to leave on 21:00 - Dec 8 with 3838 viewsJames1980

Some interesting comments by Hill in his post match interview.
Including saying how he is good at reading people and situations, he told his wife 6 weeks ago he thought CD was going to leave.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Chairman to leave on 21:50 - Dec 8 with 3741 viewsjudd

Chairman to leave on 21:00 - Dec 8 by James1980

Some interesting comments by Hill in his post match interview.
Including saying how he is good at reading people and situations, he told his wife 6 weeks ago he thought CD was going to leave.

Well I never knew Chris Dunphy lived at Hillys house.

Chairman to leave on 22:11 - Dec 8 with 3692 viewsJames1980

Chairman to leave on 21:50 - Dec 8 by judd

Well I never knew Chris Dunphy lived at Hillys house.

Perhaps he has an annex

Chairman to leave on 22:15 - Dec 8 with 3683 viewsjudd

Chairman to leave on 22:11 - Dec 8 by James1980

Perhaps he has an annex

Can't see bog roll being the attraction

Chairman to leave on 22:26 - Dec 8 with 3660 viewsJames1980

Chairman to leave on 22:15 - Dec 8 by judd

Can't see bog roll being the attraction

You don't think 3 ply quilted is the bog roll of choice in Chateau Hill then.

In all seriousness I do think it is interesting Hill was not surprised that Dunphy handed in his notice and told Mrs Hill he thought it was going to happen.

Chairman to leave on 22:34 - Dec 8 with 3631 viewsjudd

Chairman to leave on 22:26 - Dec 8 by James1980

You don't think 3 ply quilted is the bog roll of choice in Chateau Hill then.

In all seriousness I do think it is interesting Hill was not surprised that Dunphy handed in his notice and told Mrs Hill he thought it was going to happen.

There has been rumour upon rumour of issues at boardroom level for weeks in the pubs and clubs of Rochdale. The chairman stepping down caused a surprise in only the date, in that most expected him to see the season out.

Chairman to leave on 22:37 - Dec 8 with 3630 viewsJames1980

Chairman to leave on 22:34 - Dec 8 by judd

There has been rumour upon rumour of issues at boardroom level for weeks in the pubs and clubs of Rochdale. The chairman stepping down caused a surprise in only the date, in that most expected him to see the season out.

Ah I see although it sounds Keith wasn't overly surprised by said timing

Login to get fewer ads

Chairman to leave on 04:20 - Dec 9 with 3407 viewssmaclad1

Chairman to leave on 22:34 - Dec 8 by judd

The only way this has been the subject of rumour upon rumour in the pubs and clubs of Rochdale is if you've been out and about in them all! Think probably more accurate to say 'in a handful of pubs and clubs in Rochdale'. You give the impression that the town has been abuzz with the Boardroom antics of RAFC - the antipathy of the people of Rochdale to their local football team is well known and I suspect that happenings at the Dale doesn't bother the collective consciousness of many a pub and club in the town at any time.

That CD has taken, or appeared to have taken, a back seat in recently has been commented upon by several posters over the months. Maybe he's been looking for a way out for a while, and the only 'issue' (if it is an issue) is that the timing and means of his departure are not necessarily of his choosing or preference.
Chairman to leave on 09:04 - Dec 9 with 3209 viewsjudd

Chairman to leave on 04:20 - Dec 9 by smaclad1

The only way this has been the subject of rumour upon rumour in the pubs and clubs of Rochdale is if you've been out and about in them all! Think probably more accurate to say 'in a handful of pubs and clubs in Rochdale'. You give the impression that the town has been abuzz with the Boardroom antics of RAFC - the antipathy of the people of Rochdale to their local football team is well known and I suspect that happenings at the Dale doesn't bother the collective consciousness of many a pub and club in the town at any time.

That CD has taken, or appeared to have taken, a back seat in recently has been commented upon by several posters over the months. Maybe he's been looking for a way out for a while, and the only 'issue' (if it is an issue) is that the timing and means of his departure are not necessarily of his choosing or preference.

Pedant

Chairman to leave on 12:56 - Dec 9 with 2993 viewsBobbyjoe

Chairman to leave on 07:30 - Dec 7 by EllDale

When you mention a chairman who sold the ground to his company are you thinking of a man called Andrew HIndle (?) who had a car firm called Euroway?
It would have been around the early 1980's I think.

Isn't that always the danger when the ground is owned, and isn't that the downside of ownership.
Chairman to leave on 15:18 - Dec 9 with 2808 viewsRespectTheChemistry

I am reliably informed that:

1. Edward Lord was not instrumental in Tommy Cannon being removed as Chairman. Whilst he did raise the issue of shares being held in Cannon's wife's name, it did not give grounds for Cannon's removal. Cannon resigned as Chairman following an adverse vote at a Shareholders EGM.

2. Andrew Hindle executed a transfer of the ground to his company, Euroway Car Sales Ltd (a Lada dealership). It is believed that he intended to obtain planning permission to build houses on Spotland. By sheer good fortune, Hindle's solicitor, David Wrigley (a former director of RAFC and subsequent struck off Solicitor and resident of HMP), omitted to complete/register the transfer of the land. Consequently, when Euroway Car Sales went bust, its bank was unable to enforce it's charge over the ground. A claim was made against Wrigley's professional indemnity insurance and the club was able to secure ownership of the ground for £50,000 thanks to a loan from Rochdale Council.
Chairman to leave on 16:38 - Dec 9 with 2680 viewssmaclad1

Chairman to leave on 15:18 - Dec 9 by RespectTheChemistry

1. Edward Lord was not instrumental in Tommy Cannon being removed as Chairman. Whilst he did raise the issue of shares being held in Cannon's wife's name, it did not give grounds for Cannon's removal. Cannon resigned as Chairman following an adverse vote at a Shareholders EGM.

2. Andrew Hindle executed a transfer of the ground to his company, Euroway Car Sales Ltd (a Lada dealership). It is believed that he intended to obtain planning permission to build houses on Spotland. By sheer good fortune, Hindle's solicitor, David Wrigley (a former director of RAFC and subsequent struck off Solicitor and resident of HMP), omitted to complete/register the transfer of the land. Consequently, when Euroway Car Sales went bust, its bank was unable to enforce it's charge over the ground. A claim was made against Wrigley's professional indemnity insurance and the club was able to secure ownership of the ground for £50,000 thanks to a loan from Rochdale Council.

When you look back and think of all this going on, in addition to having to apply for re-election to the League each year, we really do have it good now when all we have to worry about is that naughty Mr Hill saying upsetting things about the supporters.
Chairman to leave on 16:59 - Dec 9 with 2640 viewsjudd

Chairman to leave on 15:18 - Dec 9 by RespectTheChemistry

Thank you for that clarity, but it's a brave man that takes the Lords name in vain, especially on a Sunday.

Chairman to leave on 17:45 - Dec 9 with 2568 viewsRespectTheChemistry

Chairman to leave on 16:38 - Dec 9 by smaclad1

When you look back and think of all this going on, in addition to having to apply for re-election to the League each year, we really do have it good now when all we have to worry about is that naughty Mr Hill saying upsetting things about the supporters.

There certainly were some very dicey times in the 80's
Chairman to leave on 17:46 - Dec 9 with 2563 viewsRespectTheChemistry

Chairman to leave on 16:59 - Dec 9 by judd

Thank you for that clarity, but it's a brave man that takes the Lords name in vain, especially on a Sunday.

Or his pronoun for that matter. He's a 'they', don't you know!
Chairman to leave on 17:50 - Dec 9 with 2544 viewsjudd

Chairman to leave on 17:46 - Dec 9 by RespectTheChemistry

Or his pronoun for that matter. He's a 'they', don't you know!

That's not rhyming slang is it?

Chairman to leave on 18:14 - Dec 9 with 2482 viewsRespectTheChemistry

Chairman to leave on 17:50 - Dec 9 by judd

That's not rhyming slang is it?

Well...

https://edwardlord.org/2017/08/17/pride-in-london-and-my-queer-journey-a-persona
Chairman to leave on 19:16 - Dec 9 with 2345 viewsseasidedale

If me ory serves correctly, Tommy Cannon wanted to put the ground up a colateral for a £30k loan to sign ex England forward Keith Bertchin who has agreed to join. It was pointed out that an issue such as required a shareholders meeting to pass it. an EGM was held and Cannon lost and resigned. The pre Mr Cannon board returned to the club and stabilsed the club. I think that debt were about £300k and a similar figure would have been accumilated if things carried on. Not to certain of exact figures but they are not far off
Chairman to leave on 21:48 - Dec 9 with 2165 viewsrochdale_ranger

Chairman to leave on 18:14 - Dec 9 by RespectTheChemistry

Well...

https://edwardlord.org/2017/08/17/pride-in-london-and-my-queer-journey-a-persona

Wtf
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024