Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Possession 00:29 - Oct 15 with 4332 viewsShun

A lot has been made of how we continually dominate possession this season yet don't do enough with it. Remarkably, our win against Accrington on Saturday was only the 2nd time all season we haven't had more of the ball than our opponent.

What's even more remarkable is some of the amounts of possession we've had in here compared to our pretty poor results. The fact that in our two heaviest defeats, 3-0 at Wycombe and 6-0 at Posh, we've had our two highest possession rates of the season, 71% and 64% respectively, is absolutely staggering!

Tranmere (W 3-2) - 61%
Doncaster (D 1-1) - 57%
Shrewsbury (D 0-0) - 61%
Sunderland (L 2-1) - 62%
Blackpool (D 0-0) - 52%
Southend (W 3-0) - 60%
Peterborough (L 6-0) - 64%
Lincoln (D 1-1) - 53%
Fleetwood (L 2-1) - 47%
Wycombe (L 3-0) - 71%
Wimbledon (L 3-2) - 55%
Accrington (W 2-1) - 49%

Unsurprisingly we lead the league charts in possession and successful passes, but results show us we aren't doing enough with it. How a team can have almost three quarters of the ball and still get hammered is beyond me.

Anyway, no real observations, I'm just a lover of stats, especially bizarre ones like these.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2019 0:30]
Possession on 22:45 - Oct 15 with 778 viewsJames1980

Back to the subject. I think the issue is possession at all cost. It seems like players are concerned about losing possession. So would rather try and pass out from the back, when the best thing would be send the ball into orbit. Also passing it on or around the box and not taking speculative shots.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Possession on 08:09 - Oct 16 with 673 viewsnordenblue

Possession on 22:22 - Oct 15 by TVOS1907

Because people like Wagg allow him to be.

Its brilliant amusement when he classes others who've actually won trophies in their own right as players and appeared at world/European cups as "shite", whilst tagging along with some Scouse dead leg who's only known for being an absolute bell end.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024