Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Shepherd 10:13 - Nov 29 with 8962 viewsRaymondJohn

Putting everything we debate into perspective, recieved a call to let us know long time Agent and freind Chris has passed away.
Our thoughts are with his family at this very sad time.
A lifelong Dale fanatic Chris will be missed by all.
RIP mate xx
[Post edited 29 Nov 2019 10:14]
Chris Shepherd on 10:14 - Nov 29 with 5885 viewsjudd

That's is so sad to hear.

RIP.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Chris Shepherd on 10:49 - Nov 29 with 5805 viewsseasidedale

Sorry to hear that, I remember I used to play with Chris when we were younger, I remember his photo in the obsever after he had a heart operation (I think), dale through and through will be missed
Chris Shepherd on 10:57 - Nov 29 with 5782 viewspearlstreet1

RIP Chris True Dale fan, always had time to chat about the Dale.
Chris Shepherd on 11:26 - Nov 29 with 5729 viewsTalkingSutty

Chris Shepherd on 10:57 - Nov 29 by pearlstreet1

RIP Chris True Dale fan, always had time to chat about the Dale.

Terrible news, a Dale stalwart, without fans like him we probably wouldn’t have a Club. RIP Chris.
Chris Shepherd on 11:39 - Nov 29 with 5705 viewsChaffRAFC

Awful news. Was only talking to him last week and he was sat next to me at the Wrexham replay and having a laugh with him.

I said to him I hope the game doesn't go to extra time as I wanted to get back for I'm a Celebrity to which he went on a bit of a rant about how unfunny Ant and Dec were.

Also a long serving Goldbond agent who even took me to an away game years ago when my Dad was working.

Shocking news.

RIP Chris

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Chris Shepherd on 11:54 - Nov 29 with 5671 viewsSuddenLad

WoW this is a dreadful shock.

I had a PM from him only a few days ago asking me to travel to Arbroath with him, to watch a match against Dundee in a couple of weeks. Plans were afoot.

Chris was born with a hole in the heart, and had recently undergone a procedure to have a pacemaker fitted. He had struggled for a few moths before that, but he was definitely much perkier since he had it fitted.

I have known him since we were kids, following Dale up and down the country, standing on the terraces, laughing, joking, supping - the lot. A very close friend for many years.

I am truly knocked for six by this, he had just been given a new lease of life and was hopeful that things were looking up. His Dad is in his 90's and recently went into residential care.

It would be difficult to find a Dale fan who has travelled more miles watching Dale over the last 55 years. Cumulatively, it must amount to quite literally hundreds of thousands.

I shall miss him, his humour, his wonderful impersonations of friends, his opinions on all things Dale and his incredible memory of events from countless years ago, involving Dale players and club officials that most of us will have forgotten.

Farewell Chris. This is a very sad day. (Soulboy on here)
[Post edited 29 Nov 2019 11:59]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Chris Shepherd on 11:59 - Nov 29 with 5658 viewsRaymondJohn

Sudden lad would you have a recent pic or a good one of Chris prefer in dale shirt I want to put something to our media team to put a piece out. Please send to ray.parry@rochdaleafc co.uk
Chris Shepherd on 12:06 - Nov 29 with 5644 viewsSuddenLad

Chris Shepherd on 11:59 - Nov 29 by RaymondJohn

Sudden lad would you have a recent pic or a good one of Chris prefer in dale shirt I want to put something to our media team to put a piece out. Please send to ray.parry@rochdaleafc co.uk

I'll have a look Ray, but off the top of my head, I'm not sure I have anything along those lines. I'll let you know.

Login to get fewer ads

Chris Shepherd on 12:09 - Nov 29 with 5621 viewsrochdaleriddler

Sad to hear

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Chris Shepherd on 12:32 - Nov 29 with 5580 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Very sad news.
Condolences to his family and friends.

R.I.P. Chris
Chris Shepherd on 12:56 - Nov 29 with 5512 viewspioneer

Chris Shepherd on 12:32 - Nov 29 by RooleyMoorBlue

Very sad news.
Condolences to his family and friends.

R.I.P. Chris

I knew Chris many years ago when he did the PA system (in the dark days). Very sad. He used to get records (yes vinyl discs!,,) for free of simon jones stand in the indoor market. Simon was a former goalie for Dale. Chris Travelled all over the country with Dale...remember long Saturday nights in Torquay in particular.

Chris is in the picture of the dale supporters at the Norwich FA cup tie in 1976 that appears on the cover of one of those books that remnisced about supporting dale. I cannt remeber the title at the moment.

Coming on top of Nigel Parkers passing there is a declining number of daleys left from those dark days.
Chris Shepherd on 12:58 - Nov 29 with 5508 viewsTVOS1907

What sad news

RIP Chris

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Chris Shepherd on 13:16 - Nov 29 with 5465 viewsjudd

Chris Shepherd on 12:56 - Nov 29 by pioneer

I knew Chris many years ago when he did the PA system (in the dark days). Very sad. He used to get records (yes vinyl discs!,,) for free of simon jones stand in the indoor market. Simon was a former goalie for Dale. Chris Travelled all over the country with Dale...remember long Saturday nights in Torquay in particular.

Chris is in the picture of the dale supporters at the Norwich FA cup tie in 1976 that appears on the cover of one of those books that remnisced about supporting dale. I cannt remeber the title at the moment.

Coming on top of Nigel Parkers passing there is a declining number of daleys left from those dark days.

https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fimages-na.ssl-images-amazon

Poll: What is it to be then?

Chris Shepherd on 14:12 - Nov 29 with 5368 viewsRaymondJohn

He was still buying vinyl last week on Ebay, northern soul records he paid a fortune forced loved his music
Chris Shepherd on 14:19 - Nov 29 with 5351 viewsmingthemerciless

I'm not sure I knew the lad, did he have a brother called Colin who played up front for Sacred Heart back in the day ?
Chris Shepherd on 15:53 - Nov 29 with 5232 viewsSuddenLad

Chris Shepherd on 14:19 - Nov 29 by mingthemerciless

I'm not sure I knew the lad, did he have a brother called Colin who played up front for Sacred Heart back in the day ?

No. Chris didn't have a brother. He lived up Wardle most of his life. He was divorced and had 1 daughter.

Chris Shepherd on 17:58 - Nov 29 with 5072 viewsmingthemerciless

Chris Shepherd on 15:53 - Nov 29 by SuddenLad

No. Chris didn't have a brother. He lived up Wardle most of his life. He was divorced and had 1 daughter.

Thanks for that, not the same lad then. My condolences to his family and all who knew him.
Chris Shepherd on 18:23 - Nov 29 with 5028 viewsdiver

Used to have many a debate about Tory’s and the Royals when he came for his gold bond money.Will miss him unforgettable character
Chris Shepherd on 18:33 - Nov 29 with 5012 viewsdalenumber2

Would love to put a face to the name - I think I know who he was, but not 100% sure. RIP Chris,
Chris Shepherd on 19:36 - Nov 29 with 4931 viewsSuddenLad

Chris Shepherd on 12:56 - Nov 29 by pioneer

I went with Chris to Nigel Parkers' funeral at St. Martins church and we sat together, donning Dale scarves throughout the service. Even then, he was cracking the odd joke and recalling some 'Nigel Incidents' from down the years, despite the solemnity of the occasion.

I hope they are now both in deep discussion.

Chris Shepherd on 22:12 - Nov 29 with 4813 viewsrhf

Very sad news- Chris was a great dale fan, Amongst other things will be remembered as our best tannoy man, kept it all very simple and straight but with great humour, always reminded us that all music was supplied by ‘ save records of the market hall ‘ ! He could be heard home and away with his stock phrase at a corner or free kick of ‘ come on the dale let’s have one ‘ we rarely obliged of course, but it never stopped him, a real dale fan and a great guy and a privilege to know him, RIP Chris
Chris Shepherd on 23:46 - Nov 29 with 4718 viewsbocadave

Dreadful news,I have known Chris for well over fifty years and was well aware of his health problems,but he seemed much better last time a spoke to him just over a week ago. Chris will be missed by everyone who knew him.RIP Mate.
Chris Shepherd on 08:31 - Nov 30 with 4602 viewsBoss_Hog

I spent many an hour in the car with Chris going to away games with him and Eric Webster. We had plenty of heated discussions along the way, some great chats that passed the time as we travelled home from grounds all over the country.

Chris was as big a Dale fan as you could find, a sentence he would no doubt be proud to read.

His commitment as a GB Agent for probably 15 years + cannot be under-estimated either.

RIP Chris.
Chris Shepherd on 09:25 - Nov 30 with 4538 viewsmikehunt

Sad news for sure. A proper Dale stalwart.
Anyone who would like to put a face to the name: I'm sure he was interviewed in some TV footage prior to last seasons away win at Accy. The clip was linked on here. (Sorry but I don.t know how to link back etc)

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Chris Shepherd on 11:12 - Nov 30 with 4439 viewsDaleiLama

Chris Shepherd on 09:25 - Nov 30 by mikehunt

Sad news for sure. A proper Dale stalwart.
Anyone who would like to put a face to the name: I'm sure he was interviewed in some TV footage prior to last seasons away win at Accy. The clip was linked on here. (Sorry but I don.t know how to link back etc)

Was it this one?

At 1:36 in?

Didn't know him but RIP and condolences to his family.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024