Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club blocking and removing posts 11:29 - Dec 18 with 2668 viewsscooby

Interesting... I've been blocked on Twitter for saying they have lost the plot and taking the piss. also hearing that posts on FB are being removed.

i was on the fence with regards to the current actions, but this is now starting to turn me against them. they'd be better responding rather than blocking.
Club blocking and removing posts on 11:34 - Dec 18 with 2646 viewsVivaDonaldo

Some context needed I think.

What was the message in full?

Were you being abusive at all? There's plenty of negative comments on both Twitter and Facebook still standing. You probably crossed a line?
Club blocking and removing posts on 11:41 - Dec 18 with 2600 viewsSandyDrum

Club blocking and removing posts on 11:34 - Dec 18 by VivaDonaldo

Some context needed I think.

What was the message in full?

Were you being abusive at all? There's plenty of negative comments on both Twitter and Facebook still standing. You probably crossed a line?

Judging by the wording, I would suggest it was this tweet that did the damage.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Club blocking and removing posts on 11:55 - Dec 18 with 2525 viewsscooby

Club blocking and removing posts on 11:41 - Dec 18 by SandyDrum

Judging by the wording, I would suggest it was this tweet that did the damage.

exactly that one yes. really harsh wasnt it!
Club blocking and removing posts on 12:08 - Dec 18 with 2467 viewsKenBoon

Unless someone is abusive or instigating a dogpile, it's never a good look for a Football club to start a blocking spree. If the tweets are perfectly acceptable it just adds fuel to the fire. In this case it was probably a bit wrong to include the employee by name.
Club blocking and removing posts on 12:14 - Dec 18 with 2430 viewsRochdale_ger

It was an embarrassing and mildly abusive tweet sent from an anonymous account (why people join twitter under anonymous accounts baffle me anyway) aimed at an individual.
Club blocking and removing posts on 12:21 - Dec 18 with 2396 viewsSandyDrum

I'm not defending scooby here because I don't think it's a great tweet and I think I would have worded it better....

But I've been told someone else I know has been blocked and they even blocked a Boston fan the other day who was as baffled as anyone.

Whoever is running the account, if you read this, stop blocking people, advise them that you won't accept another instance of verbal abuse or swearing and at least give them a chance.

If you go about just blocking people it really does not give off a great vibe, I totally understand you're not paid to be abused, but if you're managing a social media account you need to have a bit of common sense to warn the individual and if they repeatedly offend, then you can block them. I dont think that's asking too much.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2019 12:22]

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Club blocking and removing posts on 21:16 - Dec 18 with 1934 viewsRAFC1907

Basically the club or those running it feel like they are above criticism.

They can't see that many of the fans have supported Rochdale through the dark days and that as a reward this cup game should be just that... But instead we're being punished by being ripped off.

BOTTOMLEY OUT!

Poll: Bottomley...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024