Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sporting director 15:44 - Feb 17 with 22314 viewsfitzochris

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Sporting director on 07:41 - Feb 20 with 1374 viewsJames1980

We know how it would have played out Tuesday had we equalised or even gone on to take the lead. 94th minute some slap stick comedy defending, Laurel and Hardy would have been proud of would have seen us gifting Blackpool a goal and going away with nothing or dropping 2 points.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Sporting director on 10:14 - Feb 20 with 1208 viewsBillyRudd

Sporting director on 20:00 - Feb 19 by fitzochris

I’m genuinely perplexed by all of this. I will get behind the team every time it takes to the field but I’m not an idiot. I just don’t know what end this kind of propaganda serves.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2021 22:13]

My sentiments exactly, if indeed it is propaganda. We are assuming it is propaganda in its poorest form of Orwellian "Doublespeak"where up is down and vica versa. Unfortunately "Doublespeak" only works when there is,nt a binary outcome at the end of it in so much as we stay up or go down. Otherwise the propaganda just becomes farcical.
A far more worrying explanation for these bizarre statements in terms of avoiding the drop is that he actually believes them! In which case why would he change anything? Especially so if he has had assurances from the board. Votes of confidence from the board are as history has taught us, veritable death knells for your tenure but for me a large part of BBM,s charm is his apparent naivety so perhaps he has.
Am hoping for a dogged 1-0 today and a "told you so" after the match but hope and expectation are not the same.
Up the Dale
Sporting director on 10:45 - Feb 20 with 1176 viewsDorsetDale

Sporting director on 20:00 - Feb 19 by fitzochris

I’m genuinely perplexed by all of this. I will get behind the team every time it takes to the field but I’m not an idiot. I just don’t know what end this kind of propaganda serves.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2021 22:13]

It's obvious. We're being softened up in readiness for a takeover by wancock, halfwit and unballanced!

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024