Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An abject lesson in 17:20 - Oct 23 with 2522 viewsMoonyDale

When not to make substitutions for the sake of it, we were coasting and at times it looked like a training game, even before the half time sending off we were better on every blade of grass....After the break it carried On in the same manner untill the changes, did we get out of jail with the late winner? No, we deserved the 3 points by a mile.....The lesson is unless there's an injury or were chasing the game then leave well alone....Couldn't fault anyone today up until the last ten minutes...Game management needs improving...Good result and a cracking performance from many of the lads....UTD

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

An abject lesson in on 18:02 - Oct 23 with 2364 views100569

I couldn't agree more about the substitutions. Why fix something that's not broken ? IMO there was no need to make any subs but managers always seem to think that they have to and sometimes it appears it's just for the sake of it.
An abject lesson in on 18:08 - Oct 23 with 2326 viewsleedsdale

An abject lesson in on 18:02 - Oct 23 by 100569

I couldn't agree more about the substitutions. Why fix something that's not broken ? IMO there was no need to make any subs but managers always seem to think that they have to and sometimes it appears it's just for the sake of it.

And I couldn’t agree less. At 2-0 up against ten men who have rarely threatened it’s a good chance to get some playing time into the legs of some extra players. Stockdale gets lambasted for not making subs in previous games, and then gets criticism for making subs today 🤷‍♂️

As others have said, I would have taken off a central defender, but I don’t think the subs changed the flow of the game at all. That said, the game management needs to be a lot better, we looked pretty fragile for that last ten minutes. Hopefully winning the game in these circumstances will ironically do more for us than holding on to 2-0. Barrow will look at the goals Sutton scored today and be planning their set pieces all week I’d imagine: we need to work on them this week for sure.
An abject lesson in on 19:38 - Oct 23 with 2045 viewsBigKindo

Needless substitutions. We needed a confidence boosting 3 point win. The adrenalin boost was diminished. If it works don't fix it.
An abject lesson in on 19:48 - Oct 23 with 1992 viewsblackdogblue

An abject lesson in on 19:38 - Oct 23 by BigKindo

Needless substitutions. We needed a confidence boosting 3 point win. The adrenalin boost was diminished. If it works don't fix it.

Here’s a ? For TVOS…

In the last 5 games (as a benchmark)..

Timing for subs please

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

An abject lesson in on 19:56 - Oct 23 with 1957 viewsTVOS1907

An abject lesson in on 19:48 - Oct 23 by blackdogblue

Here’s a ? For TVOS…

In the last 5 games (as a benchmark)..

Timing for subs please

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rochdale

EDIT: Alternatively, all the subs are shown in today's TVOS
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 20:07]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024