Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Rowe Funeral Arrangements 12:33 - Nov 25 with 2389 viewstony_roch975

Afternoon all,

You may recall the lovely comments on here and in the TVOS from 2 weeks ago following the sad news of the death of John Rowe (A View from Row F). I know TVOS, Col and others can't escape work commitments, but for those of you who can make it the cortege will be leaving Dignity on Spotland Bridge at 10.30am and will pass the ground on the way to the Crematorium for the funeral at 11.10am.

Would be great if some of you could be there - Frances says the Club staff will be gathering on Sandy Lane.

Mourners are invited to join Pauline and the family in the Ratcliffe Bars from 12.30pm
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 16:10]

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

John Rowe Funeral Arrangements on 19:02 - Nov 26 with 1960 views49thseason

Managed to make it to the Crem this morning and I have to say, John was given an excellent send-off, The eulogies contained a number of football stories and even a few blue ribbons were added to the black ones! All in all a touching, witty and well deserved final whistle for an "adopted" southerner . He came in to "A Whiter Shade Of Pale" and left us with "When the Saints go Marching in", a hat-tip to his love of football in general and his "other" team Southampton. Well done John, a life well lived. We are all a little better off for having known him!
John Rowe Funeral Arrangements on 19:53 - Nov 26 with 1873 viewsTVOS1907

John Rowe Funeral Arrangements on 19:02 - Nov 26 by 49thseason

Managed to make it to the Crem this morning and I have to say, John was given an excellent send-off, The eulogies contained a number of football stories and even a few blue ribbons were added to the black ones! All in all a touching, witty and well deserved final whistle for an "adopted" southerner . He came in to "A Whiter Shade Of Pale" and left us with "When the Saints go Marching in", a hat-tip to his love of football in general and his "other" team Southampton. Well done John, a life well lived. We are all a little better off for having known him!

Thanks for the report. Glad it went well. Only sorry I couldn't make it.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 19:53]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024