Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Willock injury 21:44 - Oct 4 with 10134 viewsTonto

Please dont be serious...

Definitely a dampener on what was otherwise a very bright evening

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Willock injury on 08:27 - Oct 5 with 3098 viewsconnell10

Willock injury on 05:05 - Oct 5 by HAYESBOY

I was hoping it was some class shthousery between him and Dunne.

He looked in pain at the end mate!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Willock injury on 08:32 - Oct 5 with 3037 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It'll most likely need a scan and if it's swollen then that mightn't even be today, iirc.

We may not know until tomorrow or Friday.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Willock injury on 08:48 - Oct 5 with 2950 viewsMetallica_Hoop

That would be a real shitter if both/one is serious.

That save last night from Seny was world class.

'save from Senny' should that be by Seny from.. (dunno wasn't paying attention) otherwise has he not saved from himself or doesn't it matter?

[Post edited 5 Oct 2022 8:50]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Willock injury on 08:55 - Oct 5 with 2899 viewsstevec

Willock injury on 05:05 - Oct 5 by HAYESBOY

I was hoping it was some class shthousery between him and Dunne.

What I was thinking, especially after the booking.

As for Willock, I’m struggling to think of a player who’s in action or missing made such a significant difference to a QPR side.

Rodney in 68/69 though we’d still most likely have gone down. Gerry maybe, though we also got results with Leach or Delve but didn’t look the same side. Taraabt, one season and a team deliberately built to suit him.

Fingers crossed it’s not as bad as it looked but expecting December at best.
Willock injury on 09:11 - Oct 5 with 2824 viewstraininvain

Beale initially suggests that Willock and Roberts came off as a precaution ahead of Friday night but does concede at the end that it could be something more long term: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CjTudTIDep3/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Hopefully Willock felt something and went off as a precaution before doing any serious damage.
Willock injury on 09:29 - Oct 5 with 2710 viewsMaggsinho

If it is a long term injury then at least we have the impending World Cup where we won't play for a month.
Willock injury on 09:33 - Oct 5 with 2688 viewsDieByYourSide

Agree with some of the posts that I'm almost more concerned about Dieng. With Willock we at least have options to shift our attacking approach but Archer is sadly such a downgrade and we saw how it can affect the whole backline last season. Hopefully the fact he didn't come off means it's not too serious.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Willock injury on 09:37 - Oct 5 with 2640 viewsbosh67

I think the way Willock was limping around at the end with bandages suggests that this could be a few weeks if we are lucky. We shall see but that level of limping wasn't great at the end. That said, I'd play Willock on crutches if needs be.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Willock injury on 09:59 - Oct 5 with 2527 viewsdmm

It's stating the bleedin' obvious but Willock will be a huge miss for us. He's scored 6 goals in 9 games this season. Chair is next with 3 goals in 14 appearances.

No player can really replace him so everyone will have to up the ante.
Willock injury on 10:02 - Oct 5 with 2513 viewsdaveB

Friday will be huge for us if we can win without Willock, not managed to do that so far this season
Willock injury on 10:31 - Oct 5 with 2372 viewsqprphil

One player doesn't make a team, but he sure does make a difference. This will be a huge miss, he makes the team tick.
Willock injury on 10:43 - Oct 5 with 2292 viewsthemodfather

let's hope it is not serious and we don't rush him back too soon and risk further time out.
Willock injury on 11:23 - Oct 5 with 2065 viewsWokingR

Willock injury on 22:24 - Oct 4 by daveB

it looked a bad one, even out for 3 weeks is about 9 games this season
Taylor Richards back next week will be useful

Stop it Dave
I think by now we all know that Taylor Richards doesn't really exist
Willock injury on 11:28 - Oct 5 with 2036 viewsBklynRanger

Taylor Richards did seem to be similar to Willock in ability to carry the ball so will be interesting to see how that goes.

If he can fill Chris's shoes to a decent extent we could well stay in contention.
Willock injury on 12:02 - Oct 5 with 1865 viewsstevec

Willock injury on 10:02 - Oct 5 by daveB

Friday will be huge for us if we can win without Willock, not managed to do that so far this season

Just looked. 1 point from the 3 games he’s missed, 20 points from the 9 he’s played.

That’s Relegation v automatic Promotion!
[Post edited 5 Oct 2022 12:04]
Willock injury on 12:08 - Oct 5 with 1771 viewsswisscottage

Willock injury on 12:02 - Oct 5 by stevec

Just looked. 1 point from the 3 games he’s missed, 20 points from the 9 he’s played.

That being said, the balance of the team, an depth of squad is better than last season with real quality, fit fullbacks and better options in case of Willock and Chair absence.

Roberts will pull back into a 10 role which is automatically an improvement on Thomas being backup for that. You also have Albert who isn't covering wingback duties this season. Having Roberts there as a 2nd 10, would hopefully be sufficient to avoid the gang up on Chair situation that happened last season when Willock got injured.

So whilst Willock will be a massive loss for us and will impact on our results, I'm hopeful we wont see the same sort of implosion we did last season.
Willock injury on 12:12 - Oct 5 with 1741 viewsEalingHoop81

Willock injury on 12:02 - Oct 5 by stevec

Not a truly fair comparison though as there have been lots of other changes to the team in the games he didn’t play to the ones we drew or won i.e.
Laird, Paal, Roberts and Balogun have all come to be starters in the team and/or grown into the championship (Paal for example).

Not saying he isn’t massively important, because he is, but we look very solid at the back now, have a lot of creativity coming from the full backs and all across the midfield. We also have options to step in for him (not as good obviously). Roberts or Amos can play his role (Roberts more directly than Amos who has a different skill set), Uncle could also potentially play there and Richards once match fit.

We could also go 3-5-2 with Chair off of Dykes or Roberts with 3 of Field/SJ/Amos/Dozell/Tim in the centre.

We have options and are far less of a 1 man team than back in Jan.
Willock injury on 12:14 - Oct 5 with 1716 viewsdmm

Willock injury on 11:28 - Oct 5 by BklynRanger

Taylor Richards did seem to be similar to Willock in ability to carry the ball so will be interesting to see how that goes.

If he can fill Chris's shoes to a decent extent we could well stay in contention.

His stats suggest Richards plays deeper than Willock so I don't think he's an equivalent replacement. He has been spoken of as a ball carrier though so should contribute to forward play in that sense.
Willock injury on 12:53 - Oct 5 with 1518 viewsqprd

the absolute worst thing we can do is rush back willock if he's even remotely unfit

fortunately, there's an 8 day gap between Reading and the next fixture

this is an opportunity for someone to win a spot in the first team.. perhaps bonne now will make the bench as a sub on friday, as we'd likely play with 3 forwards in dykes, chair and roberts.... gives him a chance to potentially get 20 minutes to make an impact and fight his way back into the playing XI
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024