Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 16:14 - Feb 6 with 14687 viewsNotLoyal

Sheffield United: Wes Foderingham, Sander Berge, Billy Sharp (captain), John Egan, Max Lowe, Anel Ahmedhodzic, Oliver Norwood, Jack Robinson, Jayden Bogle, James McAtee, Iliman Ndiaye.

Substitutes: Adam Davies, John Fleck, Chris Basham, Oli McBurnie, Ismaila Coulibaly, Ben Osborn, Ciaran Clark.

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango, Nathan Wood, Ryan Manning; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Olivier Ntcham, Ollie Cooper, Liam Cullen, Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Lewis Webb, Harry Darling, Joe Allen, Luke Cundle, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Walsh, Matty Sorinola.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 19:24 - Feb 6 with 5487 viewsSTID2017

Could be a hammering or a great response.
Also could be new manager bounce.
As NL says, more to follow

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 08:28 - Feb 7 with 5399 viewsWhiterockin

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 19:24 - Feb 6 by STID2017

Could be a hammering or a great response.
Also could be new manager bounce.
As NL says, more to follow

Even if RM was relieved of his duties, it would take the dithering owners until the end of the season to decide what to do next. If they can't sign a player in a month what hope for a manager.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 09:23 - Feb 7 with 5380 viewsSTID2017

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 08:28 - Feb 7 by Whiterockin

Even if RM was relieved of his duties, it would take the dithering owners until the end of the season to decide what to do next. If they can't sign a player in a month what hope for a manager.

True.
By which time we will be planning trips to the League One greats next season

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 23:43 - Feb 7 with 5165 viewsDr_Parnassus

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 09:23 - Feb 7 by STID2017

True.
By which time we will be planning trips to the League One greats next season

Based on what is that true?

How many games have we needed an interim manager for in their 6 year reign?

I assume you know the answer considering you agreed?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 00:20 - Feb 8 with 5170 viewsSTID2017

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 23:43 - Feb 7 by Dr_Parnassus

Based on what is that true?

How many games have we needed an interim manager for in their 6 year reign?

I assume you know the answer considering you agreed?

No.
I know no more than you did when I put the question to you when I asked you about your statement that a new manager would see us flying up the league.
All hypothetical and based on opinions.
If for example they part company with Martin and appoint KOL as interim manager, do you honestly see him having us flying up the table ?
I certainly don't

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 04:03 - Feb 8 with 5119 viewsDr_Parnassus

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 00:20 - Feb 8 by STID2017

No.
I know no more than you did when I put the question to you when I asked you about your statement that a new manager would see us flying up the league.
All hypothetical and based on opinions.
If for example they part company with Martin and appoint KOL as interim manager, do you honestly see him having us flying up the table ?
I certainly don't

That’s based on common sense.

Competent managers don’t make basic and continuous errors, or have a history of mediocrity by doing exactly the same things over and over again, now for the 4th season straight in his managerial career. He thinks the squad should be in the top 6, I agree.

As for the owners - we have 6 years of history. I will happily help you out.

Twice we have needed an interim manager under the current ownership. 4 games in total spanning a period of 14 days. 7 days on each occasion.

It is false to state that they will likely take too long, history does not support that narrative (or any of the other narratives created this week). I understand people desperately want to make things up to shift blame away from Russell Martin, but I’m afraid you are going to have to ensure it holds water.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 09:11 - Feb 9 with 4826 viewsonehunglow

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 08:28 - Feb 7 by Whiterockin

That is very true Whitey

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 11:07 - Feb 9 with 4779 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Watching them play against Wrexham last night their fast attacks down the wings are likely to tear our defense to pieces.
They also do not give up attacking until the last whistle has blown which is another area our weakness could be exploited.
This game is going to need some major improvements in our defense to take advantage of our own attacking ability when we go forward with pace.
It could be a high scoring game.
Login to get fewer ads

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:03 - Feb 9 with 4656 viewsonehunglow

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 11:07 - Feb 9 by A_Fans_Dad

Watching them play against Wrexham last night their fast attacks down the wings are likely to tear our defense to pieces.
They also do not give up attacking until the last whistle has blown which is another area our weakness could be exploited.
This game is going to need some major improvements in our defense to take advantage of our own attacking ability when we go forward with pace.
It could be a high scoring game.

Indeed.
What angers me on the insistence of playing the possession game no matter what.
All teams have to do is wait and pounce .
Sheffield Utd will.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:09 - Feb 9 with 4649 viewsSTID2017

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:03 - Feb 9 by onehunglow

Indeed.
What angers me on the insistence of playing the possession game no matter what.
All teams have to do is wait and pounce .
Sheffield Utd will.

Think it will be a totally different game on Saturday
They won't allow us to play a possession game so have to attack when we can and defend like Trojans

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:38 - Feb 9 with 4640 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:09 - Feb 9 by STID2017

Think it will be a totally different game on Saturday
They won't allow us to play a possession game so have to attack when we can and defend like Trojans

They did in first game allowed us possession and waited for a breakaway in the 90 minute to score with only their 3rd shot on target.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:43 - Feb 9 with 4632 viewsSTID2017

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:38 - Feb 9 by felixstowe_jack

They did in first game allowed us possession and waited for a breakaway in the 90 minute to score with only their 3rd shot on target.

Guess away from home that is fine
At home their fans will be expecting more

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 14:08 - Feb 11 with 4181 viewsFlashberryjack

Not looking forward to this game, I fear a heavy loss.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 14:14 - Feb 11 with 4167 viewsunion_jack

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 14:08 - Feb 11 by Flashberryjack

Not looking forward to this game, I fear a heavy loss.

You could be right.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 14:23 - Feb 11 with 4152 viewsbuilthjack

Darling on the bench again.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 14:29 - Feb 11 with 4146 viewsraynor94

The chopping and changing of the back 4 is frustrating.

We are not going anywhere without a solid consistent back 4.

After all this time he still hasn't made his mind up.

That's a strong United line up😱

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 14:37 - Feb 11 with 4141 viewscimlaswan

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 14:23 - Feb 11 by builthjack

Darling on the bench again.

And deservedly so. He was terrible when he came on last week.
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:11 - Feb 11 with 4033 viewsKeithHaynes

Good start.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:13 - Feb 11 with 4014 viewsbuilthjack

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:11 - Feb 11 by KeithHaynes

Good start.

Same start as last week. We should have been 4 up at half time.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:23 - Feb 11 with 3932 viewsbuilthjack

Hell

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:49 - Feb 11 with 3678 viewsKeithHaynes

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:13 - Feb 11 by builthjack

Same start as last week. We should have been 4 up at half time.

Some would say at two down that’s game over.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:54 - Feb 11 with 3584 viewslifelong

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:11 - Feb 11 by KeithHaynes

Good start.

It was a good start, but the last 20 minutes of the half we were bloody dreadful.
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:55 - Feb 11 with 3564 viewsDr_Winston

It's almost as if we can play all the passes we want, but if we defend like sh*t it's pointless.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:57 - Feb 11 with 3528 viewsjojaca

Good opening 5 minutes, but struggled since, easy meat for Sheff Utd. Fulton having a mare and our local boys Cooper/Cullen are missing in action.

Even when you know, you never know?

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:02 - Feb 11 with 3462 viewsDr_Parnassus

We were always going to get attacked from that right wing, could see that with even the tiniest bit of research.

Can’t complain about the second goal, class free kick.

But we certainly are getting what we deserve.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024