Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New site banning information 23:30 - May 6 with 3172 viewsModeratorC

Anyone banned from the site will have a three day cooling off period. Dependent on what has been said or done that ban will reflect the length imposed. If that person contacts the site owner ( anyone who ties up the network with emails will have their ban extended ) then we can review the matter. This website functions solely to give its subscribers free Swansea City news and information, this forum is a by product of the site.

The site also functions to raise awareness of brain tumours and support.

If you want to discuss matters pertaining to the site with the site owner then email
Swansea.Independent1@gmail.com
New site banning information on 09:30 - May 7 with 2534 viewsbuilthjack

Does anyone get banned these days?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

New site banning information on 12:22 - May 7 with 2439 viewsKeithHaynes

To say I’m disappointed at the recent bans in my absence is an understatement. I did actually make a special request for some consideration over the last few days which has fallen on deaf ears.

Still, as we’ve said before the forum contributes very little to the overall aims of the site. However, it does receive criticism elsewhere by some who think it’s the websites view, not a personal opinion.

I’m past asking for assistance to make things better here, even though things have massively changed in recent times. Arguments and people throwing their teddies out of their cots when it involves anon usernames as an example that don’t even identify them as real people, and then it becomes an issue is beyond my comprehension. It’s odd how posters can identify nastiness and report it, but never comment or report good moments or the reasons why they enjoy the site.

Anyway, life goes on, cheers to the few who have kept things together in the last three days. I’ve not a lot to say to those who have made it a bad experience for two moderators who do their work for free. Maybe I’ll get the opportunity in the future.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

New site banning information on 13:51 - May 7 with 2358 viewsSullutaCreturned

Unless I specifically state otherwise anything I post on here is my own personal opinion.

Anybody who deliberately tries to cause trouble for this site is sad beyond words.

Raising awareness of cancers is a great cause.
New site banning information on 13:54 - May 7 with 2349 viewsonehunglow

New site banning information on 13:51 - May 7 by SullutaCreturned

Unless I specifically state otherwise anything I post on here is my own personal opinion.

Anybody who deliberately tries to cause trouble for this site is sad beyond words.

Raising awareness of cancers is a great cause.

Yep.
Think it’s fair comment we both dance to our own tune .
We need diversity of opinions.
We should do it with some decorum but it’s not always easy.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

New site banning information on 14:07 - May 7 with 2339 viewsModeratorB

New site banning information on 13:54 - May 7 by onehunglow

Yep.
Think it’s fair comment we both dance to our own tune .
We need diversity of opinions.
We should do it with some decorum but it’s not always easy.

It is very easy. People chose what to write and chose to press ‘reply’
New site banning information on 14:32 - May 7 with 2289 viewsReslovenSwan1

I got a life ban and ridicule and evenan odd threat from the odious SCFC2 posters when I questions the Trust policy of not selling their shares in 2015 and later the disastrous legal case.

Firstly the owner, demanded a zoom meeting with me (put up or shut up) which i declined. It would have been a stitch up as I concentrated on simple principle not details which he had and i did not.

Secondly after arguing against the legal route (before the vote) I was shut down by the new owner after the main site 'Diva' demanded my removal threatening to switch to PS and take his mates with him.

Democracy and free speech were shut down. The Trust wasted £400k, 6 years of their time and their supporters got debate shut down before making some wretched mistakes. They are now being economically crushed but have not accepted their errors.

This forum is a cut above that dull site.
[Post edited 7 May 2023 14:37]

Wise sage since Toshack era

New site banning information on 14:51 - May 7 with 2252 viewsKeithHaynes

New site banning information on 14:32 - May 7 by ReslovenSwan1

I got a life ban and ridicule and evenan odd threat from the odious SCFC2 posters when I questions the Trust policy of not selling their shares in 2015 and later the disastrous legal case.

Firstly the owner, demanded a zoom meeting with me (put up or shut up) which i declined. It would have been a stitch up as I concentrated on simple principle not details which he had and i did not.

Secondly after arguing against the legal route (before the vote) I was shut down by the new owner after the main site 'Diva' demanded my removal threatening to switch to PS and take his mates with him.

Democracy and free speech were shut down. The Trust wasted £400k, 6 years of their time and their supporters got debate shut down before making some wretched mistakes. They are now being economically crushed but have not accepted their errors.

Is this the site that allows some appalling comments about Swansea Independent go unchecked ?

Clearly if that is the case, and that site, which isn’t on my radar, it rarely features anywhere, isn’t serving a purpose of allowing recourse. I would imagine that the site owner has been made aware of our knowledge, but surprisingly no request for a zoom chat has been forthcoming, not least an in person meeting.

Odd that.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

New site banning information on 15:23 - May 7 with 2215 viewsonehunglow

New site banning information on 14:32 - May 7 by ReslovenSwan1

Lawd knows we re hardly kindred spirits but well done .
I m registered on that site but haven’t posted for years . I used it as a conduit to express sustain whist banned from another site.
Thankfully,this site came along and Hod bless all who sail on here.

Login to get fewer ads

New site banning information on 15:32 - May 7 with 2214 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

New site banning information on 12:22 - May 7 by KeithHaynes

To say I’m disappointed at the recent bans in my absence is an understatement. I did actually make a special request for some consideration over the last few days which has fallen on deaf ears.

Still, as we’ve said before the forum contributes very little to the overall aims of the site. However, it does receive criticism elsewhere by some who think it’s the websites view, not a personal opinion.

I’m past asking for assistance to make things better here, even though things have massively changed in recent times. Arguments and people throwing their teddies out of their cots when it involves anon usernames as an example that don’t even identify them as real people, and then it becomes an issue is beyond my comprehension. It’s odd how posters can identify nastiness and report it, but never comment or report good moments or the reasons why they enjoy the site.

Anyway, life goes on, cheers to the few who have kept things together in the last three days. I’ve not a lot to say to those who have made it a bad experience for two moderators who do their work for free. Maybe I’ll get the opportunity in the future.

Two moderators? Are we to infer from that that the frankly useless, bone idle lazy moderator A has finally been sacked?

Will there be an official coronation ceremony for Moderator B?

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

New site banning information on 15:38 - May 7 with 2193 viewsonehunglow

New site banning information on 15:32 - May 7 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Two moderators? Are we to infer from that that the frankly useless, bone idle lazy moderator A has finally been sacked?

Not another coronation mun

New site banning information on 15:42 - May 7 with 2185 viewsswan_si

New site banning information on 15:38 - May 7 by onehunglow

Not another coronation mun

Will we get another day off, every cloud ☁️
New site banning information on 16:04 - May 7 with 2139 viewsSTID2017

New site banning information on 15:32 - May 7 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

To the best of my knowledge there is ABC & D plus Sir John and also Keith is a mod ( but the last two have a lot on their plate of course )
Now if A has been upsurped by B, is B over AC&D ?
Or is B = A, C & D or is B over A but not over C or D ?
All very confusing

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

New site banning information on 16:08 - May 7 with 2136 viewsSTID2017

New site banning information on 15:42 - May 7 by swan_si

Will we get another day off, every cloud ☁️

Being retired myself, I don't benefit.
So think they should scrap Bank Holidays altogether.
Poor excuse to rob the bosses of their much needed profits (to misquote Scrooge )

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

New site banning information on 16:28 - May 7 with 2102 viewsswan_si

New site banning information on 16:08 - May 7 by STID2017

Being retired myself, I don't benefit.
So think they should scrap Bank Holidays altogether.
Poor excuse to rob the bosses of their much needed profits (to misquote Scrooge )

Bank Holidays give me a chance to catch up on my list of jobs around the house and garden, unpaid work I may add, I swear for every job I do, 2 more are added.🤬😂
New site banning information on 16:52 - May 7 with 2073 viewsModeratorB

New site banning information on 16:04 - May 7 by STID2017

To the best of my knowledge there is ABC & D plus Sir John and also Keith is a mod ( but the last two have a lot on their plate of course )
Now if A has been upsurped by B, is B over AC&D ?
Or is B = A, C & D or is B over A but not over C or D ?
All very confusing

CAB had urgent business so they got a taxi, CAD couldn’t work together as one of them was a misogynist, they ended up working the together as a foursome to form an Aussie rock band, name escapes me, ADBC or something like that

New site banning information on 16:59 - May 7 with 2052 viewsModeratorD

New site banning information on 16:52 - May 7 by ModeratorB

CAB had urgent business so they got a taxi, CAD couldn’t work together as one of them was a misogynist, they ended up working the together as a foursome to form an Aussie rock band, name escapes me, ADBC or something like that

Reminds me of Airplane.
Only this place is crazier
New site banning information on 17:02 - May 7 with 2050 viewsbuilthjack

Which posters are banned ???

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

New site banning information on 17:12 - May 7 with 2044 viewsGwyn737

New site banning information on 17:02 - May 7 by builthjack

Which posters are banned ???

All I’ve got to add is that I’ve only one poster on ignore and I’ve had a lovely weekend on here.

Make of that what you will.
New site banning information on 17:24 - May 7 with 2016 viewsbuilthjack

New site banning information on 17:12 - May 7 by Gwyn737

All I’ve got to add is that I’ve only one poster on ignore and I’ve had a lovely weekend on here.

Make of that what you will.

Same one as me? I only have Parsnip on ignore.
If it’s him he has had more suspensions than Evil Kneivel.

New site banning information on 18:30 - May 7 with 1932 viewsWhiterockin

New site banning information on 17:24 - May 7 by builthjack

And every one justified.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

New site banning information on 18:30 - May 7 with 1931 viewsNotLoyal

New site banning information on 17:24 - May 7 by builthjack

I think it’s a shame, he’s a great poster but bloody annoying as well.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

New site banning information on 18:33 - May 7 with 1920 viewsbuilthjack

New site banning information on 18:30 - May 7 by NotLoyal

I think it’s a shame, he’s a great poster but bloody annoying as well.

Me, and by the sound of it, most other posters, have him on ignore.
So he hasn't many to argue with now. And still gets banned.Says it all really.

New site banning information on 18:35 - May 7 with 1912 viewsReslovenSwan1

New site banning information on 18:30 - May 7 by Whiterockin

And every one justified.

Yes Evil was well bashed up and need recuperation time to let his bones fix and an his psychological well being recover.

Wise sage since Toshack era

New site banning information on 20:36 - May 7 with 1813 viewsmajorraglan

I’ve always made a point of not having anyone on ignore as I enjoyed reading other people’s views whether I agreed with them or not, but for about a month I’ve had 1 poster on ignore and I’m getting more pleasure from posting and reading the forum.
New site banning information on 21:08 - May 7 with 1770 viewsSullutaCreturned

New site banning information on 20:36 - May 7 by majorraglan

I’ve always made a point of not having anyone on ignore as I enjoyed reading other people’s views whether I agreed with them or not, but for about a month I’ve had 1 poster on ignore and I’m getting more pleasure from posting and reading the forum.

I wonder whom is the most disliked poster, the one most people have on ignore?

We shouldnt go into that though or someone may get into trouble, it was just a thought.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024