Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Possible upside of Martin leaving . 20:44 - May 21 with 5016 viewsReslovenSwan1

There are clear upsides of Martin leaving. Here are my thoughts on this.

a) Compensation payment will cover the new coaching team if of similar profile

b) Talented out of favour players return to the fold effectively as "new signings" , Whittaker and Ogbeta

c) Young player marooned on loan will get their chance Brandon Cooper and Kyle Joseph.

d) Up and coming u21 could see more action in place of new Martin signings. Abdullai McFadyan and Congreve.

e) Patterson stresses will have gone and he may improve to the level of 2020-2021 season

f) Martin's statistics are bang average. P179 W 66 D 46 L 67 win ratio 37% over 4 seasons. 1.36 points per game. This give 63 points over 46 games around 12-14 th.

g) Based on historical data the idea that Martin would push Swansea to 80 points next season is fanciful. Martin did not win his first must win game away at Hull city. There was no desperation to win.

g) A talented new manager should be able to out perform Martin with modest backing.

h) Martin is a philosophy manager and has done a lot of work to develop the style and methods. He is not a pragmatist like Cooper. A hybrid like Laudrup was (following Brendan) could lead to benefits.

i) I believe Kaplan gave Martin the hairdresser in March and it worked. Unfortunately it may
have left bitterness. The new man will have a clean slate and a better relationship with he management with Andy Coleman in place. (pilloried for some reason for a very innocuous tweet)

j) Swsnsea may have a ready made buyer for players unwilling to sign new deals heading into their last years. Piroe, Grimes, Wood.

Kristian O'leary is a club man and could stay or follow Martin. He has been a trainee Martinball coach for two seasons. It make sense to continue with the possession passing style with tweaks to take the benefit of Martin's work. Continuing to develop Wood Cabango Cooper Cullen and integrating McFadyan and Congreve possibly.

A new manager with the same philosophy will inherit a more polished squad than he might expect with the ability to add pace and power as Martin outlined. I favour a euro technician.

The club had is annual cull and seems to me to be lean. Walsh a with his injuries and Patterson with his contractual issues are the players who could be a burden to the club. There is no over paid players like Ayew, Borja and later Bennett that needs getting off the payroll.

[Post edited 21 May 2023 20:47]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 20:47 - May 21 with 3041 viewsQJumpingJack

one downside is that we may not have a new manager until early August 2023 - a la Martin joining after Cooper.
It is going to be difficult to get a new manager especially if they speak to our former managers of recent years.
Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 20:48 - May 21 with 3027 viewsvetchonian

No upsides Res its all bad news dont you know now the messiah is on his way the man who persisted in playing player out of position, benched his transfer targets one of whom was an expensive signing for us in recent times....

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 20:53 - May 21 with 3005 viewsReslovenSwan1

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 20:47 - May 21 by QJumpingJack

one downside is that we may not have a new manager until early August 2023 - a la Martin joining after Cooper.
It is going to be difficult to get a new manager especially if they speak to our former managers of recent years.

I read on this forum that the search was already underway back in early spring. I believe Martin was given an ultimatum to improve or be sacked at the end of the season.

What I am not clear about was who has the owners ear and doing the searching. It could be other locally based shareholders. Using Marsh and Winter does not make sense especially if they were also vulnerable to be encouraged to loo for other opportunities elsewhere. Who proposed Martin?

It could be the US owners use consultants. They seem to be on side with the philosophy and not throw the last two seasons sometimes painful adaptations into the bin with a Nathan Jones type appointment

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 20:54 - May 21 with 2990 viewsonehunglow

Fair points
Whitaker's treatment defines Martin as a coach
I can't even begin to feel what Joseph feels like
We also won't get loans who simply sit on bench

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 21:07 - May 21 with 2950 viewsDr_Winston

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 20:47 - May 21 by QJumpingJack

I'm not sure why people keep pushing the line that we're going to struggle to replace any manager. We had it when Potter left, we had it when Cooper left and now we're having it with Martin.

There are only a small number of league clubs and hundreds, even thousands of potential candidates who would all jump at the opportunity to take over a solid, mid table Championship team with a reasonable chance to push on from that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 21:11 - May 21 with 2948 viewsvetchonian

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 21:07 - May 21 by Dr_Winston

I'm not sure why people keep pushing the line that we're going to struggle to replace any manager. We had it when Potter left, we had it when Cooper left and now we're having it with Martin.

There are only a small number of league clubs and hundreds, even thousands of potential candidates who would all jump at the opportunity to take over a solid, mid table Championship team with a reasonable chance to push on from that.

Its because the messiah is going ....
I have alreradyh raised this point but now its being said the owners dont have a clue yet they were the ones who appointed Martin in the first place?

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 21:26 - May 21 with 2919 viewsFireboy2

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 21:11 - May 21 by vetchonian

Its because the messiah is going ....
I have alreradyh raised this point but now its being said the owners dont have a clue yet they were the ones who appointed Martin in the first place?

You are loving this, like a pig in sh!t.

Sad man.
Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 21:28 - May 21 with 2895 viewsvetchonian

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 21:26 - May 21 by Fireboy2

Sad man.

so you say

but then I am being no different to how you were when our last manager left

Login to get fewer ads

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 21:32 - May 21 with 2883 viewsKeithHaynes

Sad man.

I have liked all our managers, and supported them as much as I can.

I’m not one for causing issues between the same set of fans unless of course they really want it. That’s a different matter. It’s Sunday for some, glug glug .. quite sad really.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 21:33 - May 21 with 2878 viewsFireboy2

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 21:28 - May 21 by vetchonian

so you say

but then I am being no different to how you were when our last manager left

I was p!ssed off with cooper along with thousands of other jacks as he left us in the lurch.

This episode is nothing like that you sad sad man.
Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 21:36 - May 21 with 2854 viewsvetchonian

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 21:33 - May 21 by Fireboy2

I was p!ssed off with cooper along with thousands of other jacks as he left us in the lurch.

This episode is nothing like that you sad sad man.

Really?
He tool preseason until Martin arrived again it seemed he was put on gerdening leave by our owners

Id better stop as apparantly its down to glug glug yet I have work in the morning!

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 21:37 - May 21 with 2844 viewsKeithHaynes

You mean nearly in the play offs, upper mid to higher placed in the table, near sixth place, but not quite, but nearly, but not in the middle surely ?

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 21:38 - May 21 with 2837 viewsKeithHaynes

Sad man.

I’m loving it too mate 😂

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 21:40 - May 21 with 2817 viewsFireboy2

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 21:36 - May 21 by vetchonian

Really?
He tool preseason until Martin arrived again it seemed he was put on gerdening leave by our owners

Id better stop as apparantly its down to glug glug yet I have work in the morning!

Aye you want to stop whilst you are behind before you post something you regret or we can't decipher.
Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 21:41 - May 21 with 2813 viewsswan_si

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 21:37 - May 21 by KeithHaynes

You mean nearly in the play offs, upper mid to higher placed in the table, near sixth place, but not quite, but nearly, but not in the middle surely ?

I prefer top half.😉
Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 21:44 - May 21 with 2806 viewsFireboy2

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 20:48 - May 21 by vetchonian

No upsides Res its all bad news dont you know now the messiah is on his way the man who persisted in playing player out of position, benched his transfer targets one of whom was an expensive signing for us in recent times....

🤪
Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 21:53 - May 21 with 2772 viewsvetchonian

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 21:44 - May 21 by Fireboy2

🤪

facts is facts

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 21:57 - May 21 with 2753 viewsQJumpingJack

Lets remember that Jon Eustace was the manager to be offered the job before Martin in 2021.
Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 22:00 - May 21 with 2744 viewsFireboy2

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 21:53 - May 21 by vetchonian

facts is facts

It's facts ARE facts 🙄
Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 22:02 - May 21 with 2740 viewsbuilthjack

Really?

Have another sip

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 22:29 - May 21 with 2677 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Swansea job is a gift for someone. The Martin fans believe possibly correctly that Martin ball has put 24 months of hard graft into players that a primed to take the Championship by storm.

The last 9 games of the season after Martin got the gee up form Kaplan apparently showed the strategy and development was finally coming to fruition. By adding Ogbene and Key and a striker in January for £5m top 6 would have been achieved.

Well Ogbene and Key are still available for much less and within reach. Kristain O'Leaey knows the ropes. Crack on Kris your time has come. Promote Anthony Wright and the job is a good un.

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 22:37 - May 21 with 2639 viewsraynor94

Really?

Aye put it down

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 08:36 - May 22 with 2332 viewspete

whilst can see where you are coming from, who will be prepared to work with people who promise one thing and when things are at a critical point ,pull the plug, it has happened time after time after time since our current owners came
they may be top bis people but have no afinity for Swansea as they are rarly if ever here I wonder why they are here really , and no i do not think they are doing anything illegal but morily , well thats another question
Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 08:56 - May 22 with 2289 viewsonehunglow

Sad man.

Not as sad as those who I said would be traumatised by his leaving.
You were taken in
Martin has used fans and the club as a mere setting stone to the next job.
Deal with it

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 08:58 - May 22 with 2282 viewsonehunglow

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 08:36 - May 22 by pete

whilst can see where you are coming from, who will be prepared to work with people who promise one thing and when things are at a critical point ,pull the plug, it has happened time after time after time since our current owners came
they may be top bis people but have no afinity for Swansea as they are rarly if ever here I wonder why they are here really , and no i do not think they are doing anything illegal but morily , well thats another question

You will be pleasantly surprised.
Proper club,great fans,loads of potential.
Be positive
Innit
It’s what we ve been told to be all along the way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024