Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Geraint Davies suspended 09:34 - Jun 1 with 3204 viewsAnotherJohn

Apparently because 5 women have made complaints about his behaviour. I know Davies was under a cloud some years ago for inflated expenses claims, but it looks as though he is an all rounder - cash plus a bit of the other!
[Post edited 1 Jun 2023 9:35]
Geraint Davies suspended on 10:33 - Jun 1 with 2564 viewsbritferry

Bald men think they're gods gift to women see

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Geraint Davies suspended on 11:20 - Jun 1 with 2520 viewsBoundy

Geraint Davies suspended on 10:33 - Jun 1 by britferry

Baldist

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Geraint Davies suspended on 11:24 - Jun 1 with 2519 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65774184

Here he is singing

"Well, I'm a-runnin' down the road try'n to loosen my load
I've got seven women on my mind"

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Geraint Davies suspended on 11:48 - Jun 1 with 2489 viewsmajorraglan

Let’s hope there’s a full and thorough investigation, if he’s a wrong un sort him out.
Geraint Davies suspended on 12:19 - Jun 1 with 2456 viewsEagleEye

Meanwhile, is anyone willing to let us know what he has actually delivered for the thousands of citizens of Swansea who have voted him in practically unchallenged ?
Geraint Davies suspended on 12:20 - Jun 1 with 2454 viewsWhiterockin

Geraint Davies suspended on 11:48 - Jun 1 by majorraglan

Let’s hope there’s a full and thorough investigation, if he’s a wrong un sort him out.

If they sort all the wrong un's out, there will be nobody left in politics.
Geraint Davies suspended on 12:27 - Jun 1 with 2441 viewsDr_Winston

Genuinely one of the thickest people I've ever met. I suppose he can't actually be as dull as he comes across but he keeps it well hidden.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Geraint Davies suspended on 16:33 - Jun 1 with 2350 viewsKilkennyjack

I had no idea who he was.

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

Geraint Davies suspended on 16:44 - Jun 1 with 2341 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Geraint Davies suspended on 16:33 - Jun 1 by Kilkennyjack

I had no idea who he was.

You’re not his type

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Geraint Davies suspended on 18:26 - Jun 1 with 2275 viewsFlashberryjack

Tory scum.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Geraint Davies suspended on 18:49 - Jun 1 with 2262 viewsmax936

Tip of the iceberg, without doubt I reckon some people with power or those who think they have power, think they can do and get away with almost anything, their arrogance and sense of self entitlement knows no bounds.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Geraint Davies suspended on 19:05 - Jun 1 with 2255 viewsbritferry

Geraint Davies suspended on 11:20 - Jun 1 by Boundy

Baldist

get it right, I'm a hairy baldist TYVM

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Geraint Davies suspended on 20:05 - Jun 1 with 2212 viewsGwyn737

What gets me about these stories, is when they eventually come out there’s always a load of people saying they knew and had known for ages.

Surely there are whistleblowing policies in place for exactly these kind of things 🤷🏻
Geraint Davies suspended on 20:40 - Jun 1 with 2185 viewsKilkennyjack

Geraint Davies suspended on 18:49 - Jun 1 by max936

Tip of the iceberg, without doubt I reckon some people with power or those who think they have power, think they can do and get away with almost anything, their arrogance and sense of self entitlement knows no bounds.

This 👆

Geraint Davies suspended on 22:35 - Jun 1 with 2127 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Geraint Davies suspended on 20:05 - Jun 1 by Gwyn737

What gets me about these stories, is when they eventually come out there’s always a load of people saying they knew and had known for ages.

Surely there are whistleblowing policies in place for exactly these kind of things 🤷🏻

All this seemed to be allowed to go on because no one made a formal complaint. I'm pretty sure if I took sex workers into the executive dining room there would be repercussions with or without any complaint.

https://news.sky.com/story/suspended-labour-mp-boasted-about-taking-sex-workers-

Geraint Davies suspended on 16:03 - Jun 2 with 1983 viewspencoedjack

Geraint Davies suspended on 12:19 - Jun 1 by EagleEye

Meanwhile, is anyone willing to let us know what he has actually delivered for the thousands of citizens of Swansea who have voted him in practically unchallenged ?

It doesn’t really matter he’s labour so whichever candidate they put up will get in.
Geraint Davies suspended on 16:16 - Jun 2 with 1977 viewsSullutaCreturned

Geraint Davies suspended on 10:33 - Jun 1 by britferry

But he comes across as such a slack jawed buffoon! This story about the sex workers, he seems like the sort of bloke who HAS to pay for it, it's either that or find a field full of sheep.

He has been useless too, he only gets voted in because he's Labour which puts a common saying to bed because he's not even as good as a 3 legged donkey!
Geraint Davies suspended on 17:27 - Jun 2 with 1945 viewsAnotherJohn

Geraint Davies suspended on 11:48 - Jun 1 by majorraglan

'The [female] MP described Mr Davies as "a wrong 'un" and "a sleazy man'. (Oxford Mail)
Geraint Davies suspended on 17:38 - Jun 2 with 1931 viewsmax936

Maybe those expenses are for a bit of saucy pleasure shall we say

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Geraint Davies suspended on 18:24 - Jun 2 with 1915 viewsAnotherJohn

Mr Davies' case made me wonder whether the Recall of MPs Act 2015 might come into play. I realise that the electorate in Swansea would never throw out a Labour MP, but it is possible that that will no longer apply. Anyway I took a quick look at Wiki and found this passage.

"In October 2014, during the final stage of debate on the bill in the Commons, opponents of the recall process pressed for assurances that voters could not begin recall petitions on the basis of views held or speeches made. Labour MP Geraint Davies said that misuse of the process would be an "intrinsic corruption of our democracy".

This seems uncannily prescient to say the least.

For anybody interested the conditions to be met before a recall can be initiated are:

A custodial prison sentence (including a suspended sentence);
Suspension from the House of at least 10 sitting days or 14 calendar days, following a report by the Committee on Standards;
A conviction for providing false or misleading expenses claims.

Then a petition signed by at least 10 percent of registered electors in the constituency would trigger a by-election.

I suppose I'm dreaming to think that we'll get anywhere near that point. Nice dream though!
[Post edited 2 Jun 2023 18:30]
Geraint Davies suspended on 20:25 - Jun 2 with 1872 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Geraint Davies suspended on 18:24 - Jun 2 by AnotherJohn

Mr Davies' case made me wonder whether the Recall of MPs Act 2015 might come into play. I realise that the electorate in Swansea would never throw out a Labour MP, but it is possible that that will no longer apply. Anyway I took a quick look at Wiki and found this passage.

"In October 2014, during the final stage of debate on the bill in the Commons, opponents of the recall process pressed for assurances that voters could not begin recall petitions on the basis of views held or speeches made. Labour MP Geraint Davies said that misuse of the process would be an "intrinsic corruption of our democracy".

This seems uncannily prescient to say the least.

For anybody interested the conditions to be met before a recall can be initiated are:

A custodial prison sentence (including a suspended sentence);
Suspension from the House of at least 10 sitting days or 14 calendar days, following a report by the Committee on Standards;
A conviction for providing false or misleading expenses claims.

Then a petition signed by at least 10 percent of registered electors in the constituency would trigger a by-election.

I suppose I'm dreaming to think that we'll get anywhere near that point. Nice dream though!
[Post edited 2 Jun 2023 18:30]

There’d be no bugger left in the House of Commons if that process was actually followed.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Geraint Davies suspended on 20:43 - Jun 2 with 1850 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Geraint Davies suspended on 18:26 - Jun 1 by Flashberryjack

Tory scum.

He is a Labour MP for Swansea West. Labour s***.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Geraint Davies suspended on 00:34 - Jun 3 with 1799 viewsRobbie

Another nail in the coffin of my total distrust for politicians , irrelevant of Party Politics .

Unfortunatly the voting public must decide which liar , cheat and fraud gets their vote .
Parlimentary Standards Commitee , useless . look after themseleves , an inquiry and obvious cover up follows of any issues , more bluff and lies follows .

Looks like loveable Bojo , what a cad , is squirming his way out of admitting what really happened at No 10 during lockdown also .

Politicians , sleazy in London , Scotland and now Swansea .

Geraint Davies suspended on 08:56 - Jun 3 with 1745 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Geraint Davies suspended on 00:34 - Jun 3 by Robbie

Another nail in the coffin of my total distrust for politicians , irrelevant of Party Politics .

Unfortunatly the voting public must decide which liar , cheat and fraud gets their vote .
Parlimentary Standards Commitee , useless . look after themseleves , an inquiry and obvious cover up follows of any issues , more bluff and lies follows .

Looks like loveable Bojo , what a cad , is squirming his way out of admitting what really happened at No 10 during lockdown also .

Politicians , sleazy in London , Scotland and now Swansea .

The vetting and selection of parliamentary candidates needs a review, too many unsuitable people are getting through.

Geraint Davies suspended on 10:29 - Jun 3 with 1719 viewsKilkennyjack

Geraint Davies suspended on 08:56 - Jun 3 by JACKMANANDBOY

The vetting and selection of parliamentary candidates needs a review, too many unsuitable people are getting through.

Agreed - no more public schoolboys for a start.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024